Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
61,381 - 61,400 of 68,042 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing beats consistency. Except in cupcake frosting. One has to experiment with angles vs output.
Anyway, back on topic. What's with all the Internet news about Bibi winning but it was close and there's trouble ahead? I know it's a different system, but Michelle's attire stole the show here and the rest, well, doesn't really matter. 51 vs 47. Woe to the 47. Is there a bias, internationally in the election results in Israel? Are the Pali's skulking around the perimeter raining on the parade? New hardware to Egypt and.........Never mind. Dumb question. Go Bibi. Go IDF. Go Israel. And the new USA, GFY.
Close your eyes and imagine Bibi with bangs.

In the coming New Year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union address will occur on the same day. This is an ironic turn of events. One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to an insignificant creature of little intelligence for guidance...The other involves a groundhog!

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

You doubted but I believed, my candidate for these elections is the big winner

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-433...

The Yesh Atid party led by Yair Lapid is the second largest party in the Israeli Knesset

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
You doubted but I believed, my candidate for these elections is the big winner
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-433...
The Yesh Atid party led by Yair Lapid is the second largest party in the Israeli Knesset
Congrats Eran!

I'm not sure why second place is good but congratulations just the same. I hope Yesh Atid leads to world peace someday soon but for me it sounds more like what a cop would hear after asking a drunk redneck if he saw that row of mailboxes he just mowed over.

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats Eran!
I'm not sure why second place is good but congratulations just the same. I hope Yesh Atid leads to world peace someday soon but for me it sounds more like what a cop would hear after asking a drunk redneck if he saw that row of mailboxes he just mowed over.
Our political system is entirely different than yours, a new party reaching second place is unthinkable, its like a third party winning more votes than the republicans or the democrats.

Further more, because our political system requires any designated prime minister to rely on a coalition of other parties, it gives the center parties who can tip the balance and veto a possible coalition unproportional leverage. Yesh Atid is the current king maker of Israeli politics, that makes Yair Lapid the pope.

I told you we"ll take this elections by storm, the middle class has spoken and its voice is thunder!

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

<quoted text>
Our political system is entirely different than yours, a new party reaching second place is unthinkable, its like a third party winning more votes than the republicans or the democrats.
Further more, because our political system requires any designated prime minister to rely on a coalition of other parties, it gives the center parties who can tip the balance and veto a possible coalition unproportional leverage. Yesh Atid is the current king maker of Israeli politics, that makes Yair Lapid the pope.
I told you we"ll take this elections by storm, the middle class has spoken and its voice is thunder!
Congrats, Eran. I also read that the young people are more hawkish than the older folk. Isn't this party for more peace and stability in the ME? I'm so confused. You can't have both. Or, are there an equal amount of young people who don't vote but wouldn't give the Pali's sh!t.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

<quoted text>
Also an odd choice...Pope in a Jewish country, his mother must be so proud.(just kidding)

Does this mean Israelis are about to start scooping up the Arabs, giving them hugs and paving the way to two states? It's a pretty complicated dance to just maintain the status quo.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Coalition government suxs. If you can not get over 50% of the votes i.e. majority than to form a government you must invite or add different parties to join you to have a majority. We talked about it 4 years ago when Tzipi Livni won the most votes but not the 50% or over needed to tell everybody to get lost. She tried to put together a government but most of the parties especially the religious ones refused to join cause she would not give in to blackmail, i.e. more, much more $$$$$ to those parties. Since she just could not do it the next step is the Presidents choice of appointing another party to try to form a government and so he gave the job to Bibi who of course gave away even the kitchen sink to the religious parties just to be the next prime minister. What does he care its not his $$$, its the taxpayers money. Besides he made sure that the religious youngsters dont have to go to the army plus just for studying or saying so, they get monthly $$$$. Other youngsters got to go to the service and pay their way thru school plus many many more ....... The new guy Yair Lapid is againts all this and look what happened he became the #2 party in size after Bibi. A few months ago Bibis party hooked up with Liebermans (russian) party and even this way they got only like 32 mandates which is not enough again so he must go and include Lapid and his (our) demands. Anyway in short thats where we are now. By the way when counted the right got a total of 60 and so is the so called left. I told you its a fucked up system, oh and since we are such a giant country here we have 34 (yes 34) different parties running. Who cares, my guy won, last time voted for his father who passed away since.
We are having fun yet??? Sure we do.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

<quoted text>
that makes Yair Lapid the pope.
Huge insult - and not to the pope. haha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

You're missing Hillary's live testimony re: Benghazi. I had to put my boots on.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats, Eran. I also read that the young people are more hawkish than the older folk. Isn't this party for more peace and stability in the ME? I'm so confused. You can't have both. Or, are there an equal amount of young people who don't vote but wouldn't give the Pali's sh!t.
Most of the young people are not more hawkish but there are plenty of those too. Will be very iteresting to see whats coming up with the "new" order. Over all Bibi lost about 25% of his votes from 4 years ago.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Uzi wrote:
Coalition government suxs. If you can not get over 50% of the votes i.e. majority than to form a government you must invite or add different parties to join you to have a majority. We talked about it 4 years ago when Tzipi Livni won the most votes but not the 50% or over needed to tell everybody to get lost. She tried to put together a government but most of the parties especially the religious ones refused to join cause she would not give in to blackmail, i.e. more, much more $$$$$ to those parties. Since she just could not do it the next step is the Presidents choice of appointing another party to try to form a government and so he gave the job to Bibi who of course gave away even the kitchen sink to the religious parties just to be the next prime minister. What does he care its not his $$$, its the taxpayers money. Besides he made sure that the religious youngsters dont have to go to the army plus just for studying or saying so, they get monthly $$$$. Other youngsters got to go to the service and pay their way thru school plus many many more ....... The new guy Yair Lapid is againts all this and look what happened he became the #2 party in size after Bibi. A few months ago Bibis party hooked up with Liebermans (russian) party and even this way they got only like 32 mandates which is not enough again so he must go and include Lapid and his (our) demands. Anyway in short thats where we are now. By the way when counted the right got a total of 60 and so is the so called left. I told you its a fucked up system, oh and since we are such a giant country here we have 34 (yes 34) different parties running. Who cares, my guy won, last time voted for his father who passed away since.
Nice, you had an election and nobody died. 60/60 split makes a winner? I'll never get this shit.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Cheftell wrote:
So, you're missing the snake hunt in the Everglades...same animals involved in both locations.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Uzi wrote:
Thank you.;>)

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>So, you're missing the snake hunt in the Everglades...same animals involved in both locations.
They found a guzillion snake skins the size of your wanker, but very few snakes. That place is in trouble. All the wildlife that was traditionally seen is gone. Sad.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cheftell wrote:
I luv your new fuzzface. Hillary's a doll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
They found a guzillion snake skins the size of your wanker, but very few snakes. That place is in trouble. All the wildlife that was traditionally seen is gone. Sad.
Still, people coming from far and wide...spending far more than they could ever win to be in the contest...what a bunch of stupid, sick fu...ahem. What a bunch of avid sportsmen.

We are the canary in the coal mine...not all illegal aliens walk on two feet. I can guarantee you'd see the wildlife you'd expect on one of my glades excursions.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Still, people coming from far and wide...spending far more than they could ever win to be in the contest...what a bunch of stupid, sick fu...ahem. What a bunch of avid sportsmen.
We are the canary in the coal mine...not all illegal aliens walk on two feet. I can guarantee you'd see the wildlife you'd expect on one of my glades excursions.
Far and wide? I thought they were native Floridians because most of them still had some teeth. Mea Culpa But, it's not the absence of wildlife I'd expect to see that concerns me. It's the wildlife that's avoiding detection. Ya know, those illegals without legs. Fully grown, they would swallow you and your sleeping bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Still, people coming from far and wide...spending far more than they could ever win to be in the contest...what a bunch of stupid, sick fu...ahem. What a bunch of avid sportsmen.
Central Florida is hardly the "canary in the coal mine" in regards to Burmese Pythons in the Everglades. That's like CT being the "canary in the coal mine" for rat infestation/migration in Maryland. What did you get, a new batch?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I luv your new fuzzface.
Oops. Seem to have lost my 8-ball! Maybe more than the 8-ball; catch my drift?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Cheftell wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. Seem to have lost my 8-ball! Maybe more than the 8-ball; catch my drift?
I sure do.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,907
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,081,925
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (May '09) 4 min Sgt Prepper 3,154
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Rage Poster 48,935
Amy 7-28 5 min Kuuipo 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Feb '09) 8 min Sgt Prepper 5,193
Mayor Rahm loses in primary election 16 min official cavalier store 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••