Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story
Henry

United States

#67269 Jan 7, 2013
Rambone wrote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Aerial reconnaissance and attack drones have had a liberating effect on U.S. military forces, but they are deeply hated by many people and their overuse could jeopardize Washington's broader objectives, retired General Stanley McChrystal said on Monday.
McChrystal, who authored the U.S. counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan, said use of drones had enabled him to carry out missions with smaller groups of special operations forces because the "eye in the sky" provided backup security.
"What scares me about drone strikes is how they are perceived around the world," he said in an interview. "The resentment created by American use of unmanned strikes ... is much greater than the average American appreciates. They are hated on a visceral level, even by people who've never seen one or seen the effects of one."
McChrystal said the use of drones exacerbates a "perception of American arrogance that says,'Well we can fly where we want, we can shoot where we want, because we can.'"
Who the fk cares. What are you, information minister now?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67273 Jan 8, 2013
Rambone wrote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Aerial reconnaissance and attack drones have had a liberating effect on U.S. military forces, but they are deeply hated by many people and their overuse could jeopardize Washington's broader objectives, retired General Stanley McChrystal said on Monday.
McChrystal, who authored the U.S. counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan, said use of drones had enabled him to carry out missions with smaller groups of special operations forces because the "eye in the sky" provided backup security.
"What scares me about drone strikes is how they are perceived around the world," he said in an interview. "The resentment created by American use of unmanned strikes ... is much greater than the average American appreciates. They are hated on a visceral level, even by people who've never seen one or seen the effects of one."
McChrystal said the use of drones exacerbates a "perception of American arrogance that says,'Well we can fly where we want, we can shoot where we want, because we can.'"
Just keep your eyes to the skies, Screwy. Those illegal border crossing are getting lots of attention. Has Homeland Security contacted you yet? LOL
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67274 Jan 8, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>If Israel treats our prisoners like sh*t we will retaliate, that's why.
"The High Court ruled Tuesday that terrorist security prisoners were not eligible for free university education in Israeli schools. The permission and assistance extended to prisoners convicted of criminal activities that supplies them with free courses and degree programs at Israel's Open University does not apply to prisoners convicted of terror activities, the court ruled.
The ruling came in response to a lawsuit by three terrorist prisoners who claimed they were being discriminated against because prison authorities refused to enroll them in an Open University program and pay their tuition. "

Israel should just stop taking prisoners.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67275 Jan 8, 2013
Rambone wrote:
Well?.....if the shoe fits......

Drones are the long arm of American justice.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67276 Jan 8, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Well?.....if the shoe fits......
Drones are the long arm of American justice.
Check it out. As TRD says, uh huh, so?

"On Monday, retired US General McChrystal said that drones had helped US troops but were hated around the world and that their overuse could jeopardise American security."

Drone Strike Kills 8 in Pakistan.

On Monday, retired US General McChrystal said that drones had helped US troops but were hated around the world and that their overuse could jeopardise American security.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67277 Jan 8, 2013
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67278 Jan 8, 2013
How is it possible to "overuse" drones? That's like saying you are having "too much" fun.
It is going to be above freezing for the second day in a row. Truly, Michiganders are God's Chosen.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67279 Jan 8, 2013
Faith wrote:
How is it possible to "overuse" drones? That's like saying you are having "too much" fun.
It is going to be above freezing for the second day in a row. Truly, Michiganders are God's Chosen.
Was out on the ice Sunday. Only 5"-6". Hoping for more cold, here. See two Teens fell through thin ice and presumed dead in N.J.. Gots to be careful. Is it possible for God to have two Chosens?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67280 Jan 8, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Was out on the ice Sunday. Only 5"-6". Hoping for more cold, here. See two Teens fell through thin ice and presumed dead in N.J.. Gots to be careful. Is it possible for God to have two Chosens?
Speaking of thin ice, I'm beginning to see why we need a new SECDEF.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/01...

The genius who approved this clusterfk needs to be transferred to Detroit.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67281 Jan 8, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of thin ice, I'm beginning to see why we need a new SECDEF.
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/01...
The genius who approved this clusterfk needs to be transferred to Detroit.
Well, they're not brand new. LOL Some more out with the old and in with new. I love the "there's nothing in International law" tact. That will frost Screwy's cucumber.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinion/bergen-...

>He asserted that the drone strikes are legal both under the Authorization for Use of Military Force passed by Congress after the September 11 attacks and because, "There is nothing in international law that bans the use of remotely piloted aircraft for this purpose or that prohibits us from using lethal force against our enemies outside of an active battlefield, at least when the country involved consents or is unable or unwilling to take action against the threat."<

Go Drones!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67282 Jan 8, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they're not brand new. LOL Some more out with the old and in with new. I love the "there's nothing in International law" tact. That will frost Screwy's cucumber.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinion/bergen-...
>He asserted that the drone strikes are legal both under the Authorization for Use of Military Force passed by Congress after the September 11 attacks and because, "There is nothing in international law that bans the use of remotely piloted aircraft for this purpose or that prohibits us from using lethal force against our enemies outside of an active battlefield, at least when the country involved consents or is unable or unwilling to take action against the threat."<
Go Drones!
I like this guy a lot, especially since he helped craft the US style of asymmetric warfare to counter the Islamist's version of asymmetry. Kind of like Sean Connery in The Untouchables...

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67283 Jan 8, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I like this guy a lot, especially since he helped craft the US style of asymmetric warfare to counter the Islamist's version of asymmetry. Kind of like Sean Connery in The Untouchables...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xPZ6eaL3S2EXX
Great scene. I can still see him swimming around in his kitchen in all that ketchup. I was really ticked off.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67284 Jan 8, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Great scene. I can still see him swimming around in his kitchen in all that ketchup. I was really ticked off.
Now just transfer that kitchen to Pakistan and change from Connery to Zawahiri.

We do it Chicago style.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67285 Jan 8, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Now just transfer that kitchen to Pakistan and change from Connery to Zawahiri.
We do it Chicago style.
I prefer Vegas Style. The best. Batter up!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67286 Jan 8, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Vegas Style. The best. Batter up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8t9x_y3vFicXX
That was a great flick but compared to this, the film looks weak.

http://www.yalibnan.com/2013/01/08/mughniyeh-...

Jewcy.
atheist infidel

Santa Monica, CA

#67287 Jan 8, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>much like Sadam. He didn't look so great in his last minutes.
I beg to differ... arrogantly brave... i like a stand up guy...

Now, when they dragged him out of the hovel he was being "holed up" in he looked like sh!t, not like rosie o'donnel sh!t, i mean scared shit.... but a few months in prison realizing your fate... must have sunk in... cause that dude was stand up, maybe only in death... unlike KokDaffi... the other stand up iraqi guy, the one who threw the shoe at GW... and thats about all i know about stand up muslims.

just sayin...
atheist infidel

Santa Monica, CA

#67288 Jan 8, 2013
Faith wrote:
right !!!!

“Know Peace”

Since: Dec 09

Anywhere, USA

#67289 Jan 8, 2013
I Heart Chuck Hagel.
Yes, I'm a democrat and I'll admit it. No shame. I heart Chuck Hagel.

"I'm not an Israeli senator. I'm a United States senator..."

Go Chuck!!! About time we stop pandering to any and every country with two dimes in our pockets and remember that our government officials are exactly that, AMERICAN OFFICIALS.

We're so weak, so easily bought. I refuse. I am an American. My votes and views cannot be purchased by any any other country's special interest groups or their anti-peace, anti-American agendas.

On a side note and likely previously mentioned many times, I believe that the most beautiful word in the English language is HOPE. Hope motivates, hope inspires, and hope saves. Everything from lives to marriages to nations can be saved or destroyed based on the level of hope embraced by the involved parties.

"... desperate men do desperate things when you take away hope... And that's where the Palestinians are today."

"Peace comes through dealing with people. Peace doesn’t come at the end of a bayonet or the end of a gun."

Why is this concept so difficult to so many?

Again, GO CHUCK!!!

And, BTW, Happy New Year to all:))

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67290 Jan 8, 2013
NaNa4pali wrote:
I Heart Chuck Hagel.
Yes, I'm a democrat and I'll admit it. No shame. I heart Chuck Hagel.
"I'm not an Israeli senator. I'm a United States senator..."
Go Chuck!!! About time we stop pandering to any and every country with two dimes in our pockets and remember that our government officials are exactly that, AMERICAN OFFICIALS.
We're so weak, so easily bought. I refuse. I am an American. My votes and views cannot be purchased by any any other country's special interest groups or their anti-peace, anti-American agendas.
On a side note and likely previously mentioned many times, I believe that the most beautiful word in the English language is HOPE. Hope motivates, hope inspires, and hope saves. Everything from lives to marriages to nations can be saved or destroyed based on the level of hope embraced by the involved parties.
"... desperate men do desperate things when you take away hope... And that's where the Palestinians are today."
"Peace comes through dealing with people. Peace doesn’t come at the end of a bayonet or the end of a gun."
Why is this concept so difficult to so many?
Again, GO CHUCK!!!
And, BTW, Happy New Year to all:))
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Oh shiz. Welcome back.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67291 Jan 9, 2013
atheist infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ... arrogantly brave... i like a stand up guy...
Now, when they dragged him out of the hovel he was being "holed up" in he looked like sh!t, not like rosie o'donnel sh!t, i mean scared shit.... but a few months in prison realizing your fate... must have sunk in... cause that dude was stand up, maybe only in death... unlike KokDaffi... the other stand up iraqi guy, the one who threw the shoe at GW... and thats about all i know about stand up muslims.
just sayin...

Having viewed the u-tube video, I have to agree with you about stand up guy. I guess it was the subdued posture and look, hands tied behind his back, surrounded by masked guards as opposed to that grand posturing we were so used to. He went out without a hood and praying. Rosie O'Donell?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Yeah 1,153,941
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 47 min susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 1 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 49,184
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 5 hr Roxie Darling 361
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News