Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67247 Jan 7, 2013
Faith wrote:
Why do they always have bags over their heads?
If you were real ugly you would cover your head too.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67248 Jan 7, 2013
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67249 Jan 7, 2013
ALL muslims are war criminals. Muslims are nazis.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67251 Jan 7, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me how liberal prisons have gotten in Israel and the US.

"Neither history, nor the people, nor martyrs or prisoners of any party will forgive any leader who puts obstacles in the way of national reconciliation."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

Five life sentences and he is still able to pontificate to the electorate he'll never serve. Seriously, how do these words ever see the light of day?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67252 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how liberal prisons have gotten in Israel and the US.
"Neither history, nor the people, nor martyrs or prisoners of any party will forgive any leader who puts obstacles in the way of national reconciliation."
Five life sentences and he is still able to pontificate to the electorate he'll never serve. Seriously, how do these words ever see the light of day?
How do you think Hamas would react if there were youths of all persuasions in Gaza holding sit-ins in front of party headquarters until the split is ended? Huh? What's that you say?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67253 Jan 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think Hamas would react if there were youths of all persuasions in Gaza holding sit-ins in front of party headquarters until the split is ended? Huh? What's that you say?
Ordinarily I'd say guns...lots and lots of guns. Now I'm not so sure. I just can't wrap my head around a prediction of whose (whom's) doctrine will guide a united Palestinian front. In order to unify with the PA, Hamas would have to abandon armed resistance. In order to unify with Hamas, Fatah would have to lose all the prior treaties and their natural minds to take up the struggle with the Islamists.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67254 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Ordinarily I'd say guns...lots and lots of guns. Now I'm not so sure. I just can't wrap my head around a prediction of whose (whom's) doctrine will guide a united Palestinian front. In order to unify with the PA, Hamas would have to abandon armed resistance. In order to unify with Hamas, Fatah would have to lose all the prior treaties and their natural minds to take up the struggle with the Islamists.
Look at this happy crowd. Just call me that relic of a binery with-Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/08/opinion/isr...

Hagel, like Obama, is a quiet strong friend of Israel. The movement against him is a relic of a binary with-Israel or against-Israel vision that does not have the true interests of Israel or the United States at heart.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67255 Jan 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at this happy crowd. Just call me that relic of a binery with-Israel.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/08/opinion/isr...
Hagel, like Obama, is a quiet strong friend of Israel. The movement against him is a relic of a binary with-Israel or against-Israel vision that does not have the true interests of Israel or the United States at heart.
Personally, I'd rather not waste the time on a protracted confirmation battle. The President should present a choice that has all of Chuck's virtues but none of his vices, there are more important things they need to haggle on.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67256 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I'd rather not waste the time on a protracted confirmation battle. The President should present a choice that has all of Chuck's virtues but none of his vices, there are more important things they need to haggle on.
What about this Republican Senator? Make any sense about the bending knee? Or is it just camouflaged bias?

>Paul suggested Israel would actually benefit from less aid, saying it would enhance its sovereignty by not having to approach the U.S. "on bended knee" when making its own decisions.
"I don't think you need to call me on the phone to ask permission for what you want to do to stop missiles from raining down on you from Gaza," he said.<

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67257 Jan 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this Republican Senator? Make any sense about the bending knee? Or is it just camouflaged bias?
>Paul suggested Israel would actually benefit from less aid, saying it would enhance its sovereignty by not having to approach the U.S. "on bended knee" when making its own decisions.
"I don't think you need to call me on the phone to ask permission for what you want to do to stop missiles from raining down on you from Gaza," he said.<
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory...
Yeah, sorry. He needs to prove he has his own house in order before his advice means anything. Once he has his teenage son's drinking under control he can talk about the USAID program.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67258 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sorry. He needs to prove he has his own house in order before his advice means anything. Once he has his teenage son's drinking under control he can talk about the USAID program.
Oh puleeeze. William just did what many other teens have done. Both my kids did it, came home puked on themselves and that was that. I only wished that had puked as a young man. "Hiccup". I bet William can't even spell Israel. Don't be so mean.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67259 Jan 7, 2013
that"I" had

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67261 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
If Israel treats our prisoners like sh*t we will retaliate, that's why.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67262 Jan 7, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>If Israel treats our prisoners like sh*t we will retaliate, that's why.
Uh, they're not YOUR prisoners, Dorkwad. They are Israel's. They are your dooshbags that got "detaineed" Got it? Want to try that little temper tantrum again, Brainiac?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67263 Jan 7, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>If Israel treats our prisoners like sh*t we will retaliate, that's why.
How about the way that Gilad Shalit was treated. Huh? A real model of how to treat an enemy soldier. Look behind you, Ahmad. That stain marking you travels isn't tomato juice. It's maybe A-Negative.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67264 Jan 7, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
What, these guys are too good to be martyrs? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (append: in the dark).

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#67265 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>What, these guys are too good to be martyrs? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (append: in the dark).
I've been thinking the same thing. Their Martyrs are always running away unless they in a market place amongst their own. You know, driving those SUV's til the drone finds them. This Martyr crap is just BS and another word for dead. Got caught. Always see them throwing rocks and running like jack rabbits? Step up. Why, they now have to bribe them. See the bounty on American Ambassadors and Servicemen in Yemen? Cowardly fcuks, all of them.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67266 Jan 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been thinking the same thing. Their Martyrs are always running away unless they in a market place amongst their own. You know, driving those SUV's til the drone finds them. This Martyr crap is just BS and another word for dead. Got caught. Always see them throwing rocks and running like jack rabbits? Step up. Why, they now have to bribe them. See the bounty on American Ambassadors and Servicemen in Yemen? Cowardly fcuks, all of them.
Prison should suck so bad that they'd rather blow up.

One word response to their bounty...drone.

All we need to do is outbid those al Q mo fuggers.
Rambone

Duncanville, TX

#67267 Jan 7, 2013
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Aerial reconnaissance and attack drones have had a liberating effect on U.S. military forces, but they are deeply hated by many people and their overuse could jeopardize Washington's broader objectives, retired General Stanley McChrystal said on Monday.

McChrystal, who authored the U.S. counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan, said use of drones had enabled him to carry out missions with smaller groups of special operations forces because the "eye in the sky" provided backup security.

"What scares me about drone strikes is how they are perceived around the world," he said in an interview. "The resentment created by American use of unmanned strikes ... is much greater than the average American appreciates. They are hated on a visceral level, even by people who've never seen one or seen the effects of one."

McChrystal said the use of drones exacerbates a "perception of American arrogance that says,'Well we can fly where we want, we can shoot where we want, because we can.'"

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#67268 Jan 7, 2013
Rambone wrote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Aerial reconnaissance and attack drones have had a liberating effect on U.S. military forces, but they are deeply hated by many people and their overuse could jeopardize Washington's broader objectives, retired General Stanley McChrystal said on Monday.
McChrystal, who authored the U.S. counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan, said use of drones had enabled him to carry out missions with smaller groups of special operations forces because the "eye in the sky" provided backup security.
"What scares me about drone strikes is how they are perceived around the world," he said in an interview. "The resentment created by American use of unmanned strikes ... is much greater than the average American appreciates. They are hated on a visceral level, even by people who've never seen one or seen the effects of one."
McChrystal said the use of drones exacerbates a "perception of American arrogance that says,'Well we can fly where we want, we can shoot where we want, because we can.'"
Uh huh. So?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Portlandia 1,153,049
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 5 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 6 hr Mister Tonka 51
sexting on whatsapp 8 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 9 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web