Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
61,121 - 61,140 of 68,043 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>I've tried snorkeling but the blanket always blocked the hose and my goggles always got fogged. So, what did Fatah mean when they said "we are close to victory? Do they have Soy's clairvoyance disease?
I heard that if you rub a potato slice on the inside of your mask and then rinse it, it will not fog up. However, I don't know this from first hand experience. I have only heard tell.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I read an article that said the US surreptitiously distributed tainted ammunition among the muslims called "hot loads". The results are comical. Here is a gag reel of such an unfortunate and dim-witted "mujahid" falling prey to American pranksters.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Why do they always have bags over their heads?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean it was against the law, even though I'm pretty sure the sign at immigration says "no Jews allowed". I meant it was crazy for him to be seeking a Jewish bride in the one place on earth where there is absolutely no chance of finding one.
And since I just used the expression, clearly, only most people never use ummi and abbi anymore.
He's crazy. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Are you learning Arabic? Last time I heard the words ummi and abbi was in a cartoon about a Portuguese explorer. Even in standard Arabic parents are referred to as 'waledi and waledati' most of the time. Nowadays they're called mama and baba if you're from the city, or 'abooy and emmi' if you're a fallah.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>He's crazy. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Are you learning Arabic? Last time I heard the words ummi and abbi was in a cartoon about a Portuguese explorer. Even in standard Arabic parents are referred to as 'waledi and waledati' most of the time. Nowadays they're called mama and baba if you're from the city, or 'abooy and emmi' if you're a fallah.
You said them again...the trend seems to be that they are making a comeback :-)

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that if you rub a potato slice on the inside of your mask and then rinse it, it will not fog up. However, I don't know this from first hand experience. I have only heard tell.
I'd like to rub a potato slice some place nowhere near my mask. Will it reduce fog in general?
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Faith wrote:
Why do they always have bags over their heads?
If you were real ugly you would cover your head too.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

ALL muslims are war criminals. Muslims are nazis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

It never ceases to amaze me how liberal prisons have gotten in Israel and the US.

"Neither history, nor the people, nor martyrs or prisoners of any party will forgive any leader who puts obstacles in the way of national reconciliation."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

Five life sentences and he is still able to pontificate to the electorate he'll never serve. Seriously, how do these words ever see the light of day?

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

TRD wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how liberal prisons have gotten in Israel and the US.
"Neither history, nor the people, nor martyrs or prisoners of any party will forgive any leader who puts obstacles in the way of national reconciliation."
Five life sentences and he is still able to pontificate to the electorate he'll never serve. Seriously, how do these words ever see the light of day?
How do you think Hamas would react if there were youths of all persuasions in Gaza holding sit-ins in front of party headquarters until the split is ended? Huh? What's that you say?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think Hamas would react if there were youths of all persuasions in Gaza holding sit-ins in front of party headquarters until the split is ended? Huh? What's that you say?
Ordinarily I'd say guns...lots and lots of guns. Now I'm not so sure. I just can't wrap my head around a prediction of whose (whom's) doctrine will guide a united Palestinian front. In order to unify with the PA, Hamas would have to abandon armed resistance. In order to unify with Hamas, Fatah would have to lose all the prior treaties and their natural minds to take up the struggle with the Islamists.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Ordinarily I'd say guns...lots and lots of guns. Now I'm not so sure. I just can't wrap my head around a prediction of whose (whom's) doctrine will guide a united Palestinian front. In order to unify with the PA, Hamas would have to abandon armed resistance. In order to unify with Hamas, Fatah would have to lose all the prior treaties and their natural minds to take up the struggle with the Islamists.
Look at this happy crowd. Just call me that relic of a binery with-Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/08/opinion/isr...

Hagel, like Obama, is a quiet strong friend of Israel. The movement against him is a relic of a binary with-Israel or against-Israel vision that does not have the true interests of Israel or the United States at heart.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at this happy crowd. Just call me that relic of a binery with-Israel.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/08/opinion/isr...
Hagel, like Obama, is a quiet strong friend of Israel. The movement against him is a relic of a binary with-Israel or against-Israel vision that does not have the true interests of Israel or the United States at heart.
Personally, I'd rather not waste the time on a protracted confirmation battle. The President should present a choice that has all of Chuck's virtues but none of his vices, there are more important things they need to haggle on.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, I'd rather not waste the time on a protracted confirmation battle. The President should present a choice that has all of Chuck's virtues but none of his vices, there are more important things they need to haggle on.
What about this Republican Senator? Make any sense about the bending knee? Or is it just camouflaged bias?

>Paul suggested Israel would actually benefit from less aid, saying it would enhance its sovereignty by not having to approach the U.S. "on bended knee" when making its own decisions.
"I don't think you need to call me on the phone to ask permission for what you want to do to stop missiles from raining down on you from Gaza," he said.<

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about this Republican Senator? Make any sense about the bending knee? Or is it just camouflaged bias?
>Paul suggested Israel would actually benefit from less aid, saying it would enhance its sovereignty by not having to approach the U.S. "on bended knee" when making its own decisions.
"I don't think you need to call me on the phone to ask permission for what you want to do to stop missiles from raining down on you from Gaza," he said.<
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory...
Yeah, sorry. He needs to prove he has his own house in order before his advice means anything. Once he has his teenage son's drinking under control he can talk about the USAID program.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sorry. He needs to prove he has his own house in order before his advice means anything. Once he has his teenage son's drinking under control he can talk about the USAID program.
Oh puleeeze. William just did what many other teens have done. Both my kids did it, came home puked on themselves and that was that. I only wished that had puked as a young man. "Hiccup". I bet William can't even spell Israel. Don't be so mean.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

that"I" had

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

TRD wrote:
If Israel treats our prisoners like sh*t we will retaliate, that's why.

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>If Israel treats our prisoners like sh*t we will retaliate, that's why.
Uh, they're not YOUR prisoners, Dorkwad. They are Israel's. They are your dooshbags that got "detaineed" Got it? Want to try that little temper tantrum again, Brainiac?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Eman 1,082,103
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min SpaceBlues 45,823
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,939
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 174,913
Amy 7-28 1 hr Mister Tonka 10
Local health care outreach program to Muslims e... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Would you if I said please? 2 hr LexiRC 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••