Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Jan 18, 2009 Read more: Chicago Tribune 69,598
Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Read more

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67233 Jan 5, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess when you're surrounded by fawning subordinates, those "leaders" may envision their own greatness, much like Sadam. He didn't look so great in his last minutes. And, yes, I spit now and then, but don't waste it on my mask. Ever spit on your snorkel?
I never had a problem with my snorkel fogging up.

They may have had a successful sit-down but when it comes to actually unifying they'll be at odds. Hamas would have to join Fatah on the peaceful side of the table in order to unify without tainting the PA's position. As it stands, if they unify without renouncing violence they are back to 1977 without a paddle.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67234 Jan 5, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I didn't say it right. Just because a man endeavors to find a Jewish wife, doesn't automatically label him nuckin futz. I don't care where he was. Religious cops pop you for kissing in daylight. They are not the barometer for what's normal behavior. Why, if I had it to do all over again, I might have even contemplated it, during Easter Mass. They are so nuckin hot. Okay, I opted for French, no Jewish women in the mix at the time, but the grass always looks.......
I hear you and I'm not disagreeing, I loves me some Yiddishe Mama. On the other hand, we're not Arabs walking around in the cradle of Islam handing out flyers shopping for a Jewess.

Nothing says "Lock me up" quite like bringing a nice Jewish girl home to meet ummi and abbi when your home contains the holiest place in Islam.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67235 Jan 5, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you and I'm not disagreeing, I loves me some Yiddishe Mama. On the other hand, we're not Arabs walking around in the cradle of Islam handing out flyers shopping for a Jewess.
Nothing says "Lock me up" quite like bringing a nice Jewish girl home to meet ummi and abbi when your home contains the holiest place in Islam.
Islam doesn't forbid marrying a Jew. This man was obviously crazy, for reasons other than wanting to marry a Jew.
And no one really says ummi and abbi anymore.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67236 Jan 5, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Islam doesn't forbid marrying a Jew. This man was obviously crazy, for reasons other than wanting to marry a Jew.
And no one really says ummi and abbi anymore.
To be more accurate, Islam only allows Muslim men to marry Jewish women, and not vice versa.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67238 Jan 6, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Islam doesn't forbid marrying a Jew. This man was obviously crazy, for reasons other than wanting to marry a Jew.
And no one really says ummi and abbi anymore.
I didn't mean it was against the law, even though I'm pretty sure the sign at immigration says "no Jews allowed". I meant it was crazy for him to be seeking a Jewish bride in the one place on earth where there is absolutely no chance of finding one.

And since I just used the expression, clearly, only most people never use ummi and abbi anymore.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67239 Jan 6, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Islam doesn't forbid marrying a Jew. This man was obviously crazy, for reasons other than wanting to marry a Jew.
And no one really says ummi and abbi anymore.
Really? So a muslim woman could marry a Jew? Or is it just that a muslim "man" can enslave a Jewish woman?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67240 Jan 6, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> To be more accurate, Islam only allows Muslim men to marry Jewish women, and not vice versa.
You are being awfully gratuitous with that term "men".
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67241 Jan 6, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>I've tried snorkeling but the blanket always blocked the hose and my goggles always got fogged. So, what did Fatah mean when they said "we are close to victory? Do they have Soy's clairvoyance disease?
I heard that if you rub a potato slice on the inside of your mask and then rinse it, it will not fog up. However, I don't know this from first hand experience. I have only heard tell.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67242 Jan 6, 2013
I read an article that said the US surreptitiously distributed tainted ammunition among the muslims called "hot loads". The results are comical. Here is a gag reel of such an unfortunate and dim-witted "mujahid" falling prey to American pranksters.....

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#67243 Jan 6, 2013
Why do they always have bags over their heads?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67244 Jan 6, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean it was against the law, even though I'm pretty sure the sign at immigration says "no Jews allowed". I meant it was crazy for him to be seeking a Jewish bride in the one place on earth where there is absolutely no chance of finding one.
And since I just used the expression, clearly, only most people never use ummi and abbi anymore.
He's crazy. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Are you learning Arabic? Last time I heard the words ummi and abbi was in a cartoon about a Portuguese explorer. Even in standard Arabic parents are referred to as 'waledi and waledati' most of the time. Nowadays they're called mama and baba if you're from the city, or 'abooy and emmi' if you're a fallah.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67245 Jan 6, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>He's crazy. Thanks for stating the obvious.
Are you learning Arabic? Last time I heard the words ummi and abbi was in a cartoon about a Portuguese explorer. Even in standard Arabic parents are referred to as 'waledi and waledati' most of the time. Nowadays they're called mama and baba if you're from the city, or 'abooy and emmi' if you're a fallah.
You said them again...the trend seems to be that they are making a comeback :-)

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67246 Jan 6, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that if you rub a potato slice on the inside of your mask and then rinse it, it will not fog up. However, I don't know this from first hand experience. I have only heard tell.
I'd like to rub a potato slice some place nowhere near my mask. Will it reduce fog in general?
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67247 Jan 7, 2013
Faith wrote:
Why do they always have bags over their heads?
If you were real ugly you would cover your head too.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67248 Jan 7, 2013
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67249 Jan 7, 2013
ALL muslims are war criminals. Muslims are nazis.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67251 Jan 7, 2013
It never ceases to amaze me how liberal prisons have gotten in Israel and the US.

"Neither history, nor the people, nor martyrs or prisoners of any party will forgive any leader who puts obstacles in the way of national reconciliation."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

Five life sentences and he is still able to pontificate to the electorate he'll never serve. Seriously, how do these words ever see the light of day?

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67252 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how liberal prisons have gotten in Israel and the US.
"Neither history, nor the people, nor martyrs or prisoners of any party will forgive any leader who puts obstacles in the way of national reconciliation."
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...
Five life sentences and he is still able to pontificate to the electorate he'll never serve. Seriously, how do these words ever see the light of day?
How do you think Hamas would react if there were youths of all persuasions in Gaza holding sit-ins in front of party headquarters until the split is ended? Huh? What's that you say?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67253 Jan 7, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think Hamas would react if there were youths of all persuasions in Gaza holding sit-ins in front of party headquarters until the split is ended? Huh? What's that you say?
Ordinarily I'd say guns...lots and lots of guns. Now I'm not so sure. I just can't wrap my head around a prediction of whose (whom's) doctrine will guide a united Palestinian front. In order to unify with the PA, Hamas would have to abandon armed resistance. In order to unify with Hamas, Fatah would have to lose all the prior treaties and their natural minds to take up the struggle with the Islamists.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67254 Jan 7, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Ordinarily I'd say guns...lots and lots of guns. Now I'm not so sure. I just can't wrap my head around a prediction of whose (whom's) doctrine will guide a united Palestinian front. In order to unify with the PA, Hamas would have to abandon armed resistance. In order to unify with Hamas, Fatah would have to lose all the prior treaties and their natural minds to take up the struggle with the Islamists.
Look at this happy crowd. Just call me that relic of a binery with-Israel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/08/opinion/isr...

Hagel, like Obama, is a quiet strong friend of Israel. The movement against him is a relic of a binary with-Israel or against-Israel vision that does not have the true interests of Israel or the United States at heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min OzRitz 52,691
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 186,834
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,216,369
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,882
New Rapper Seven Dyce 3 hr Seven Dyce 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 6 hr Glen M 81
Abia state school of nursing 2015/16 form isout... 11 hr Mr paul 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]