Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 70157 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Freedom Terrister

Schaumburg, IL

#67148 Jan 1, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I know about Pierre, we used to argue in a different forum. And I feel you about your neighbor. Fact is, a lot of really smart people from Chicago have cruised through here, even a couple who weren't you. Whenever I find myself in an ethical dilemma though, I typically lean back in my chair, scratch my beard and wonder to myself WWMKOTD?
Nostalgia...at your age...
(Psst, who said I was in Chicago?)

So you remember 'My Kind of Town', too?

As for nostalgia... they sure don't make like they used to, eh?

You also misundertake me. Do not misundertake me. Do you remember that poem by George C. Scotton? About warrior/battle reincarnation? That's me but in a wider sense/context. I don't separate past, heaven, ecstasy, etc from The Moment.

Sirosleh, why are you not more exuberant? Sure, the Iranian bomb or another Holocaust may end as all tomorrow morning at 6:00 am-- as Lubavitch rebbe famously said... But man, we as people embody THE ultimate greatnress and miracle/uniqueness.

Eternity, Allah cannot touch us, we collective give them the middle finger and it pisses them off. Sparta and Mohicans are still celebtrated, and compared to us what are they? NOTHING.

Every day, every success going forward is just gravy. Cheer up!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67149 Jan 1, 2013
Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
(Psst, who said I was in Chicago?)
So you remember 'My Kind of Town', too?
As for nostalgia... they sure don't make like they used to, eh?
You also misundertake me. Do not misundertake me. Do you remember that poem by George C. Scotton? About warrior/battle reincarnation? That's me but in a wider sense/context. I don't separate past, heaven, ecstasy, etc from The Moment.
Sirosleh, why are you not more exuberant? Sure, the Iranian bomb or another Holocaust may end as all tomorrow morning at 6:00 am-- as Lubavitch rebbe famously said... But man, we as people embody THE ultimate greatnress and miracle/uniqueness.
Eternity, Allah cannot touch us, we collective give them the middle finger and it pisses them off. Sparta and Mohicans are still celebtrated, and compared to us what are they? NOTHING.
Every day, every success going forward is just gravy. Cheer up!
Do I sound melancholic? Sirosleh?

Crack it up to the time of year. All my Christian friends get a little crazy around the holidays and then calm down after new years which is what I'm seeing now. Wow, what a ride.

Still, you were right. There are people I'd like to wish a Happy New Year but they didn't swing by. You never know...it is a time of miracles.
Freedom Terrister

Schaumburg, IL

#67150 Jan 1, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Do I sound melancholic? Sirosleh?
Crack it up to the time of year. All my Christian friends get a little crazy around the holidays and then calm down after new years which is what I'm seeing now. Wow, what a ride.
Still, you were right. There are people I'd like to wish a Happy New Year but they didn't swing by. You never know...it is a time of miracles.
It's not a binary proposition. There are 50 shades of not-melancholia. I prefer to see you as close to "exuberant" as possible.

And of course I am right -- what kind of a 'Know-It-All' would I be otherwise, huh?

Think about it, playa. We ARE the greatest & the luckiest. Neither eternity nor Allah have nothing on us. Not a thang. They can look, but they CANNOT touch.

F' the haters. Let's dance!

np:

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#67151 Jan 2, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, my bad. Sweeping the Jews into the Med is a positive action but admitting I recognize an enemy is a negative.
Who said anything about sweeping Jews into the sea? Don't put words in my mouth.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67152 Jan 2, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about sweeping Jews into the sea? Don't put words in my mouth.
Again, I apologize.
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>...
And yes, there will be only one state . Palestine, free from the Jordan river to the Mediterranean sea, with Jerusalem as its capital.
How could I ever leap to that conclusion? When Jews lay claim to the same space it's called land grabbing and dispossession.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67153 Jan 2, 2013
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Who said anything about sweeping Jews into the sea? Don't put words in my mouth.
Well, maybe not explicitly, but how will you accomplish the following uttered from your own thin cruel fingers?

"And yes, there will be only one state . Palestine, free from the Jordan river to the Mediterranean sea, with Jerusalem as its capital."

Do you think they will go quietly into the night? Silly Boy!
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67154 Jan 2, 2013
Hey Arab Muslim Hitler Jr's, see how your wonderful religion just saved Syria. Amen.

http://www.radicalislam.org/news/saudi-cleric...
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67155 Jan 2, 2013
Obama came in as the 4th best President ever.



Hard to dispute unbiased research.

A study group recently released its findings as to the best presidents of the United States of America.

Obama has been rated as the 4th best president ever:

Reagan and 9 others tied for first, 15 presidents tied for second, 18 tied for third, and Obama came in fourth along with Jimmy Carter .

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67156 Jan 2, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe not explicitly, but how will you accomplish the following uttered from your own thin cruel fingers?
"And yes, there will be only one state . Palestine, free from the Jordan river to the Mediterranean sea, with Jerusalem as its capital."
Do you think they will go quietly into the night? Silly Boy!
I think I know what's going wrong. Arabs need to put their lines closer together so there's not so much room to read between them.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67157 Jan 2, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Obama came in as the 4th best President ever.
Hard to dispute unbiased research.
A study group recently released its findings as to the best presidents of the United States of America.
Obama has been rated as the 4th best president ever:
Reagan and 9 others tied for first, 15 presidents tied for second, 18 tied for third, and Obama came in fourth along with Jimmy Carter .
If you were talking about a golf tournament, he'd still be in the money.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#67158 Jan 2, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I think I know what's going wrong. Arabs need to put their lines closer together so there's not so much room to read between them.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...
He lost me when he said "Anyone who can read the future can see....' So, he can see the future? Kind of like Rambone's $10/gal prediction for 2010. Kind of like Sadam's Mother of all Battles. 100 hours to kick them out of Kuwait. Kind of like, well, I could keep going, but nobody likes a fact bully.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#67159 Jan 2, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lost me when he said "Anyone who can read the future can see....' So, he can see the future? Kind of like Rambone's $10/gal prediction for 2010. Kind of like Sadam's Mother of all Battles. 100 hours to kick them out of Kuwait. Kind of like, well, I could keep going, but nobody likes a fact bully.
Stop putting words in my mouth...I love a fact bully :>))
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#67160 Jan 2, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Hey Arab Muslim Hitler Jr's, see how your wonderful religion just saved Syria. Amen.
http://www.radicalislam.org/news/saudi-cleric...
Hey, you slumpy-shouldered Christ-killer, as they say "if there is grass on the field, play ball!"

If there ain grass on the field, then it's all the more pleasing to Allah's ears! Wheeee!

U jus' jellus
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#67161 Jan 2, 2013
Uzi wrote:
Obama came in as the 4th best President ever.
Hard to dispute unbiased research.
A study group recently released its findings as to the best presidents of the United States of America.
Obama has been rated as the 4th best president ever:
Reagan and 9 others tied for first, 15 presidents tied for second, 18 tied for third, and Obama came in fourth along with Jimmy Carter .
You DO realize that if the economy/real-estate market get half-way decent in nect 4 years, Obama will be on Mt.Rushmore - probably in his lifetime, right?

Give it a rest, Hasbara maven. You had a chance to turn Manchurian, err, I mean Kenyan Candidate-in-Chief into 1-term Jimmy Carter.

Your precious Mossad had a chance to Breitbartn/threaten/blackmail or otherwise just find DEFINITIVE PROOF of his (many) secrets & lies --- that even liberal MSM wouldn't be able to supress.(See: alleged private video tape and LA Times owners veto in 2008)

I mean, you guys took down JFK, RFK, Meir Kahane, Dr. Gerald Bull, John-John, Wellstone, Hugo Chavez, Nasser and lord know who else. You used to move mountanis and Islamic nuke reactors.

And neither you nor Dick Cheney boys (redundant?) could touch Barry Husseinovich Soetoro -- when everyone knew at least sdince 2004 DNC that he was The groomed star that was gonna bring you to your knees....

You have noone to blame but yourselves. That goes doubley so for Republican Party who did everything possible to lose in 2012 ---> and thus assure O's immortality.

LOL, what happened to you guys? Totally out-smarted, out-hustled & out-muscled by Valerie Jarret, Axelrod, Massina and Michelle.

Yo ass used to be bewteful.

np:
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#67162 Jan 2, 2013
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I think I know what's going wrong. Arabs need to put their lines closer together so there's not so much room to read between them.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...
May I ask, why do you clamor for Arabs/Muslims unity?

You want your enemies to NOT be united as much as possible, that's the idea.

Maybe once their oil (lobby) ain' so influential, once they moderate & modernize -- and freeing their better 1/2 i.e the women will go a long way toward achieving that, which is why Taliban and Co are so terrified of it.... well, then we can talk unity and peace and all those wonderful lofty notions.

Until then... let Hamas rule Gaza with more and more Gazans hating it. And let Abbas rule WB despite his expired Presidential mandate -- because he is not legitimate and more than 2/3 Palis do not like him at all.

Now Israelis/Juices, now they must unite. But then again, they/we no longer be Juices, then -- indivituality is part of the charm.
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#67163 Jan 2, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lost me when he said "Anyone who can read the future can see....' So, he can see the future? Kind of like Rambone's $10/gal prediction for 2010. Kind of like Sadam's Mother of all Battles. 100 hours to kick them out of Kuwait. Kind of like, well, I could keep going, but nobody likes a fact bully.
Ize, let it not be said by posterity that I didn't try to talk you out of re-registering as a full-member of Topix.

Ize, I said, do you really want to go legit at this time? In this economy? With that sedated drifter still tied up on your attic?

But no, you never want to hear nuthin'. "Stick around through New Year's", you derisively purred. "There'll be guns - and cake!"

Now, truth be told I liked the wall of anonymous-gray - all 50 some odd shades of it. Now? It's all salad days. Can't tell one registered wannabe from another poseur.

"Kitties meow like thiiis" - George Santayana
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67166 Jan 2, 2013
The Iranian Hitler Jr's at work.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/next-911-irans-dea...
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67167 Jan 2, 2013
Starving "Palestinians" update: Hamas budget nears $1 billion
Oh, the humanity! "Hamas Budget Nears $1 Billion," January 1 (thanks to Voice of the Copts):

Hamas will spend $897 million in Gaza in 2013 under a budget approved Monday. The Gaza parliament, dominated by Hamas, voted for the spending.
Gaza leaders estimate the income for the year at $243 million. The rest of the money is expected to come from international aid and donations.

Despite claims of a financial crisis, the Hamas budget has continued to grow from year to year. A large percent of this year's budget –$244 million – will go to the Interior Ministry, which funds "security forces" such as the al-Kassam Battalions, recognized internationally as a terrorist group.

Many donations are not included in the budget. Qatar has pledged to spend $400 million on construction in the area, money that is not part of the official budget because Qatar will be overseeing the projects directly.

Also excluded as direct aid was money spent by the United Nations' UNRWA agency, which assists PA resident Arabs and Arabs claiming descent from those who fled Israel during the War of Independence. The group is expected to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on programs in Gaza in 2013, including food distribution, summer camps, and schools.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67168 Jan 2, 2013
How many government comedians can Egypt support???

Egypt: Deputy chief of Muslim Brotherhood's political party and adviser to President says Israel will cease to exist within ten years
Looks as if he is eager to honor the Camp David Accords.

"Pundits and politicians are already ringing the alarm bells. The common refrain you hear in the US: The Middle East is being overrun with religious radicals bent on oppressing women and destroying Israel. That is nonsense, of course." -- Reza Aslan

Of course!

"Muslim official says Israel won't exist," from UPI, January 2 (thanks to Block Ness):

CAIRO, Jan. 2 (UPI)-- A senior Muslim Brotherhood official and adviser to President Mohamed Morsi warned Israel will cease to exist in a decade.
"Jewish occupiers in the territory of historic Palestine are an obstacle to the Palestinians' right of return. Anyone who can read the future can see that this project has a decade, less than a decade to go, and it is our faith that the people of Palestine can then return to Palestine," the pan-Arab network al-Arabiya quoted Essam el-Eria,n [sic] the deputy head of the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party, as saying Tuesday.

Last week Erian called on Jews to return to Egypt, saying, in an interview with the local Dream TV network: "It is better for Jews to live in a country like Egypt rather than in a country contaminated by occupation.

"Every Egyptian has the right to come back to Egypt no matter what his religion. Egyptian Jews should refuse to live under a brutal, bloody and racist occupation stained with war crimes against humanity."...

They were brutally and forcibly exiled from Egypt, but why get bogged down in details?
Fucken muslim Hitlers.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#67169 Jan 2, 2013
If you cant kill then at least burn says the quoran.

January 1, 2013
France: Muslims celebrate New Year's Eve by burning 1,200 cars
"Youths" demonstrating their utter contempt for Infidel society.

"Muslims Burn About 1,200 cars on New Year’s Eve in France," from the Conservative Papers, January 1 (thanks to Pamela Geller):

Interior Minister Manuel Valls said Tuesday that 1,193 vehicles were burned overnight around the country. Clashes between police and offenders in the New Year’s Eve took place in the Muslim majority districts in the city of Strasbourg and Mulhouse. About seven police officers were attacked New Years eve night.

Around 1,200 cars were burned by rioting Muslims on the New Year’s Eve in France, where the mass burning cars in the national holidays are kind of tradition among Muslim residents of the disadvantaged suburbs of immigrants.

In recent years, the celebration of the New Year and the Bastille Day (July 14) in France is often marked by mass burning cars as well. On the night of January 1, 2010, there were 1,137 thousand cars burned on the night of January 1, 2009 – 1,147 thousand were burned.

In the summer of 2010, the Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux made the decision to stop the practice of counting the demonstrators, as they claimed it only encourages the Muslim youths to commit such crimes . The current Minister of the Interior said that “the French people should know the truth.”

The American media has mostly not reported on these incidents, and when they do rarely mention their background or religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,275,036
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min loose cannon 196,941
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min PEllen 100,631
ask amy 8-29-15 1 hr PEllen 1
abby 8-28-15 1 hr PEllen 1
News Peggy Hubbard Exposes Hypocrisy of #blacklivesm... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 6,403
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages