Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 3,046)

Showing posts 60,901 - 60,920 of67,890
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>Ai Ban/ Vot's dat?
Yay.

Kissies & no-blech'sss.

OXOX

[/John Wayne by way of Lipush]

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Star. But of course. That's why Brezhnev and Andropov just about fired or "retired" the whole joint-chiefs...uh-huh, lulz.
http://www.afa.org/magazine/June2002/0602beka...
Somehow miraculous Israeli 92:0 air-kill ratio + whoppiong 17 Soviet SAM batteries taken out in matter of hours --- remember, Syrian air-defenses were THE most dense outside of Moscow at the time, plus of course ton of Soviet "advisers" basically in charge... got turned into an epic, Orwellian Charlie Sheen "WIN!!!oneOne111?!!! " for the
Then again, compared to the most recent Gaza claims of having sunk the Knesset building in "Al Quds"; remotely hijacked & landed like a dozen Zionist F-16, apaches and Dolphin submarines --- not to mention caought 1000's of collaborators & AIDS poisoners of water-wells...
Red Star, Pravda, ITAR-TASS come off looking like a Walter Cronkite in comparison.
Two sides to every story Veekster, theirs is a lot less flattering. We know the truth, though, don't we?

In fairness, it took a second day to get the last couple of SAMs and then roam the skies with impunity. The Soviet advisers did exactly what we would expect under the circumstances vis a vis ground-controlled intercepts but the Israeli forces enjoyed a major qualitative advantage over the Syrian's USSR gear. As well, the SAM umbrella which Israel faced in 1973 was much more effective than the Syrian defenses so I might take issue with how you describe the "Mother of all aerial battles". Luckily, the losses of '73 drove home the need to have a coordinated SEAD scheme which paid (as we so easily saw) a major survival dividend for Israeli pilots.
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Two sides to every story Veekster, theirs is a lot less flattering. We know the truth, though, don't we?
In fairness, it took a second day to get the last couple of SAMs and then roam the skies with impunity. The Soviet advisers did exactly what we would expect under the circumstances vis a vis ground-controlled intercepts but the Israeli forces enjoyed a major qualitative advantage over the Syrian's USSR gear. As well, the SAM umbrella which Israel faced in 1973 was much more effective than the Syrian defenses so I might take issue with how you describe the "Mother of all aerial battles". Luckily, the losses of '73 drove home the need to have a coordinated SEAD scheme which paid (as we so easily saw) a major survival dividend for Israeli pilots.
Someone been watching too much Kurosawa and Tarantino, eh?

There is only ONE Truth is: You Ebbyl Juice, I big great Muslim; you gimme moneys and honeys, you HEAR?!!!?!
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Two sides to every story Veekster, theirs is a lot less flattering. We know the truth, though, don't we?
Actually in some (tactical-operational if not strategic) ways Bekaa Valley was jsut as impressive than The 6-day War in 1967.

Either one, will go down in history of all time. If only because Izzy had zero margin-of-error -- and of course the massive Soviet power implicitly backing (Krushev actually threatened use of nukes during 56 Sinai campaign so Einsehower ahd to pull back Izzy's reigns, allegedly).

The issue was so much that 82 Syrian defenses were inferior to 1973 Egyptian ones--- in fact, pound-for-oound they were SUPERIOR.

Assad Sr's and Soviet's problem was that... In 82 it was a TOTALLY different Israel they were facing than in 73. Drones? EW? AEW? Laser-guided shizzle? Network centric, total theater coordination? No wonder Brezhnev and Andropov went apopleptic afterwards.

Incidentally, as mentioned in my other posts, something tells me Hezbollah will also find out that the Olmertian IDF they saw in 06 -- and got thumped pretty good on its own soil, btw -- is not quiiiite who'll they face in 2013...

:)
Ize Lost

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Happy New Years, you War Mongerers. Veeks, you ain't been there. Commander has. Strapped into an aluminum hotdog loaded with ordinance. It's a whole lot more than cut and paste hind-sight versions. But, you do paint a kaleidoscope version of past encounters. You know the ole Indian sayin about their Moccasins? Ya gots to schlep in em. As always, I enjoyed the read.
Now that I've manned up. How about you acknowledging Soy? Why nis all about me?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
Happy New Years, you War Mongerers. Veeks, you ain't been there. Commander has. Strapped into an aluminum hotdog loaded with ordinance. It's a whole lot more than cut and paste hind-sight versions. But, you do paint a kaleidoscope version of past encounters. You know the ole Indian sayin about their Moccasins? Ya gots to schlep in em. As always, I enjoyed the read.
Now that I've manned up. How about you acknowledging Soy? Why nis all about me?
You little friend was touching himself when he pasted all of that.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually in some (tactical-operational if not strategic) ways Bekaa Valley was jsut as impressive than The 6-day War in 1967.
Either one, will go down in history of all time. If only because Izzy had zero margin-of-error -- and of course the massive Soviet power implicitly backing (Krushev actually threatened use of nukes during 56 Sinai campaign so Einsehower ahd to pull back Izzy's reigns, allegedly).
The issue was so much that 82 Syrian defenses were inferior to 1973 Egyptian ones--- in fact, pound-for-oound they were SUPERIOR.
Assad Sr's and Soviet's problem was that... In 82 it was a TOTALLY different Israel they were facing than in 73. Drones? EW? AEW? Laser-guided shizzle? Network centric, total theater coordination? No wonder Brezhnev and Andropov went apopleptic afterwards.
Incidentally, as mentioned in my other posts, something tells me Hezbollah will also find out that the Olmertian IDF they saw in 06 -- and got thumped pretty good on its own soil, btw -- is not quiiiite who'll they face in 2013...
:)
Four words...AWAC.

Israel had E-2s, Syria relied on Soviet ground based radars and controllers. No contest, Israel shot HARMs so the radars were the first things to go.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You little friend was touching himself when he pasted all of that.
Give it time. You'll come to realize he elevates trolling to an art form. At his peak, he had a college professor stalking him back to us for disrupting his class

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I don't get high, dune coon.
Civilized society at its finest. See Ize?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just hate that when a woman smokes that scrawny butt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yes, because calling me sand monkey and dune coon is smoking my butt.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

I hope Chavez's cancer is part of the State Department plan.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/1...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I was traumatized by the news. How much do I get?
http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

TRD wrote:
I hope Chavez's cancer is part of the State Department plan.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/1...
"The text also calls on the Department of Homeland Security to bolster surveillance at US borders with Canada and Mexico to "prevent operatives from Iran, the IRGC [Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps], its Quds Force, Hezbollah or any other terrorist organization from entering the Untied States.'"

I have a feeling the cartels will laugh their asses off after reading this.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Soy de Palestina wrote:
It is unfortunate that on that day the classroom was filled with innocent children and not scum bag lawyers.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
News? I thought you were traumatized by the Jews. Your compensation is measured in bupkis.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
"The text also calls on the Department of Homeland Security to bolster surveillance at US borders with Canada and Mexico to "prevent operatives from Iran, the IRGC [Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps], its Quds Force, Hezbollah or any other terrorist organization from entering the Untied States.'"
I have a feeling the cartels will laugh their asses off after reading this.
How could this be any funnier than the situation they currently enjoy? Ironically, we may finally win a battle in the war on drugs as a dividend of the war on terror. I wouldn't count on it but it would be sweet.
Ize Lost

Prospect, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because calling me sand monkey and dune coon is smoking my butt.
No. You led with your chin. Faith associated you with vampires and holy water, and the burning pain that follows. You then said you're brain was burning. She said, "See?" You don't see the comical slap down? Dune coon had nothing to do with it, but that was funny because Faith isn't long winded and cut right to the chase. I had to look it up. This woman would make a man out of you. I mean, she has Veeky masticating while posting and you, on the defensive. Both young men in their prime ducking the Cougar. I love it so. I'd love to meet her so I can cower in a corner, too. LOL

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
Civilized society at its finest. See Ize?
So, a little name calling is equal to blowing up a crowd of Muslims on their way to pray? Or a bus full of school girls looking to get educated? A market place full of innocent, well if there are such a thing as innocent Muslims, blown to bits by those other Muslims. Yo Ahmad, sticks and stones may feed your bones but names should never hurt you. Dune coon? ROTFLMAO. She owns you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You led with your chin. Faith associated you with vampires and holy water, and the burning pain that follows. You then said you're brain was burning. She said, "See?" You don't see the comical slap down? Dune coon had nothing to do with it, but that was funny because Faith isn't long winded and cut right to the chase. I had to look it up. This woman would make a man out of you. I mean, she has Veeky masticating while posting and you, on the defensive. Both young men in their prime ducking the Cougar. I love it so. I'd love to meet her so I can cower in a corner, too. LOL
No point in trying to reason with this one. She's just another Muslim hating biach, kinda like you.

Anyway, I don't think the terms dune coon and sand monkey apply to me. Thankfully, I haven't lived in a desert. I grew up in a village in the Nablus province that's known for its fertile soil and olive trees.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>How could this be any funnier than the situation they currently enjoy? Ironically, we may finally win a battle in the war on drugs as a dividend of the war on terror. I wouldn't count on it but it would be sweet.
It's funny because the US is obsessing with people who are not and will not be enemies, while the cartels are wreaking havoc across the borders without any serious repercussions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 60,901 - 60,920 of67,890
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Terry rigsby 48,853
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,852
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min LRS 174,495
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min ritedownthemiddle 45,764
Amy 7-22 32 min Julie 14
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 3 hr Must be you 7
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search