Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Jan 18, 2009 Read more: Chicago Tribune 69,598
Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Read more
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#66790 Dec 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the guy with bloody Deer Head on his sofa and the good smoke? Lock and load.
"Scarface". Quite a sight.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#66791 Dec 21, 2012
As long as the world has survived.....and that I am stuck with winter.....I am also going to be force fed another Christmas. I really don't know how things work for you Jews. I suspect it is handled much more efficiently. What do you have? Hannacha? Excuse me. I know I spelled that wrong but.....well....you know. I want to state for the record that Christmas is a huge pain in the ass. It is a time when we are supposed to come together with our loved ones in a spirit of love and joy....and all that other bullsh*t none of us really believe in.
I'm trying really hard to focus now. We usually have a candle-lit gathering at my brother-in-laws house. We all exchange gifts, say grace...try to act real normal. It's going to take a lot of fortitude and planning.
So this is my scheme....I'm going to feign illness in order to stay home alone and enjoy a blessed night of total silence with my dog....who is by the way, a total a-hole.
Wow. All of the sudden I am in the spirit.
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!

Oh......and to my fellow shareholders and all of the world's citizens that benefit by America's love....There's this:

It's the Real Thing!
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66792 Dec 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
As long as the world has survived.....and that I am stuck with winter.....I am also going to be force fed another Christmas. I really don't know how things work for you Jews. I suspect it is handled much more efficiently. What do you have? Hannacha? Excuse me. I know I spelled that wrong but.....well....you know. I want to state for the record that Christmas is a huge pain in the ass. It is a time when we are supposed to come together with our loved ones in a spirit of love and joy....and all that other bullsh*t none of us really believe in.
I'm trying really hard to focus now. We usually have a candle-lit gathering at my brother-in-laws house. We all exchange gifts, say grace...try to act real normal. It's going to take a lot of fortitude and planning.
So this is my scheme....I'm going to feign illness in order to stay home alone and enjoy a blessed night of total silence with my dog....who is by the way, a total a-hole.
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
Oh......and to my fellow shareholders and all of the world's citizens that benefit by America's love....There's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_zCsFvVg0UYXX
It's the Real Thing!
Judging by the time it's about 11:10 Central Time. A little early ain't it?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#66793 Dec 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
This is really a crushing disappointment. The Mexicans promised us that the world was going to end today.....and here we are. I stopped paying my bills three months ago, didn't do my Christmas shopping and did not prepare for the winter I thought I wasn't going to be around to see.
It's eight in the morning. I slept for about an hour on the couch because my dog is sleeping crosswise on my bed and growls at me every time I even walk by the bedroom door. To top it off, it is blzzarding outside. In anticipation of not living to see this day, I neglected to push the giant, noisy, self-propelled snow throwing machine up the hill from the barn and put it in my garage. Now I am truly screwed. I have enough food to last maybe a month if I am resourceful.
I don't know if I ever mentioned this.....but I hate winter. I will go further; I even hate anyone that likes winter....because they are living a lie. I'm not leaving this room until June.
Yours, Eliza Donner XOXO.
Keep the faith, Faith, the day ain't over yet :>)

At least it's a wet cold, right? I imagine that the Las Vegas natives who have adapted to 120 F. will perish in a dry cold from the coming ice age.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66794 Dec 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
It's the Real Thing!
You have to Chhh when you say it, you know like Chhhhristmas.

All the kids are home for the holidays so I get to juxtapose your message over the sounds of my son playing Black Ops 2 opposite me on the partner desk. Happy birthday Jesus! And while he's in the spirit of the season I hope he blesses you and yours.

That's a good dog.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66795 Dec 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
It's the Real Thing!
As long as we are waxing melancholy, here's my version of the Christmas Spirit. Please watch the whole thing for maximum enjoyment. Have a good one.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a1b7018f17/d...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66796 Dec 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as we are waxing melancholy, here's my version of the Christmas Spirit. Please watch the whole thing for maximum enjoyment. Have a good one.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a1b7018f17/d...
Who's waxing? Faith is waxing?

http://www.gocomics.com/getfuzzy/2012/12/18

Read forward from there, don't stop till you get to today's strip.
Freedom Terrister

Addison, IL

#66797 Dec 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not really positive I exist any more but do you realize how many pages I had to backtrack to get that quote? What, with VOP losing his post (and his mind) and having the kids home for the holidays, we're putting on pages faster than we did during the Cast Lead Conversation (CLC).
Forgive me, playa, for I have seen.

I WILL do better next time, I swear.

If the holy consensus so wish, I can close my eyes again. There, ahhh it feels so much better -- ooh look there comes Naksa the Unicorn prancin about mischievously; oh and there is the Nakba the Pubescent-tooth-fairy; but I think she is in her Sylvia Plath "stage", so tread verrry lightly....So cute, so magikal.

Who needs drugs, huh Rinnisons Man?! Just 'em up, that's the ticket!
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66798 Dec 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Who's waxing? Faith is waxing?
http://www.gocomics.com/getfuzzy/2012/12/18
Read forward from there, don't stop till you get to today's strip.
Faith is waxing? You are like lightening. Why do continually lead with my chin? Cuz, I ain't afraid of no Sesame Street.
Freedom Terrister

Addison, IL

#66799 Dec 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
This is really a crushing disappointment. The Mexicans promised us that the world was going to end today.....and here we are. I stopped paying my bills three months ago, didn't do my Christmas shopping and did not prepare for the winter I thought I wasn't going to be around to see.
It's eight in the morning. I slept for about an hour on the couch because my dog is sleeping crosswise on my bed and growls at me every time I even walk by the bedroom door. To top it off, it is blzzarding outside. In anticipation of not living to see this day, I neglected to push the giant, noisy, self-propelled snow throwing machine up the hill from the barn and put it in my garage. Now I am truly screwed. I have enough food to last maybe a month if I am resourceful.
I don't know if I ever mentioned this.....but I hate winter. I will go further; I even hate anyone that likes winter....because they are living a lie. I'm not leaving this room until June.
Yours, Eliza Donner XOXO.
Hey Faith, long time no see

since this may be my only chance to ask you this: do you have ANY redeeming quality as a human being? Like, I mean, at all? Do you like ANYONE -- including yourself? Are you just a total sociopath?

I mean, take my Burkina Faso war-time buddy, Gray. Now he IS certifiably insane, psychotic.... but I think really deeep down, he still cares about something, about the US albeit in his own pervertse, profoundly anti-semitic way. Even 'Fearless Cartooni', though clearly straight out of the SNL sketch 'Californians', can be a real doll, as you might say. Or heckz, even tha sub-tarded jihadi-wannabe clown 'Ahmad-Hamas' who used to post here long time ago, had some charm about him/her.

What, pray tell, do YOU bring to the table? Hating "muzzies" doesn't count.

And yes, lady, I LOVE winter. All seasons, actually. Save for that fagglio Frankie Valle or whatever his name.

Happy Holiday.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66800 Dec 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>Faith is waxing? You are like lightening. Why do continually lead with my chin? Cuz, I ain't afraid of no Sesame Street.
I hope she leaves a little landing strip.
Freedom Terrister

Addison, IL

#66801 Dec 21, 2012
Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
No, wait... what?
That's exactly OPPOSITE of what I mean by "context & continuity" --- or at very least, NEUTRAL or seperate issue from it.
This threads charts our lives albeit mostly in barely perceptible ways/benchmarks. Especially once one has been missing for a year or 2. Mind you, I haven't even read back a single post, but the VIBE, the memories, the spirit of the Faulknerian past-that-isn't-really-past, is inescapable. YMMV.
And then there is The Conflict itself, which is the subject-matter of this thhread. And even there, this thread has chronicled some pretty crazy/exciting times and trends. Amud Anan was but the latest. Illuminating some things, and yet throwing other seemingly familiar things back into total darkness.
Foresight is the name of the game. Remmeber my "33 No's"? Now that Abbas has effectively tore up Oslo -- in the process not just embarassing destroying whatever little credibility Palestinians had, but also EMBARASSING the Quartet, including US/EU who acted as OFFICIAL GUARANTORS of Oslo as well as the UNSC Res 242 upon which the Oslo framework was based..... Unfortunately I was right about Abbas when you, Eran, NaNa and just about everybody else tried to "give peace a chance". I really, really wanted to be wrong on this one, trust me.
And know what? That's ok. Israel gave it a shot, even froze "settlements" -- even though Jews have all the LEGAL and moral authority to build in Area C -- again, as per Oslo, not to mention this little thing called Artcile 80 of the UN Founding Charter as it pertains to the relevant San Remo provisions formally adopted by its parent org. League of Nations.....But I digress somewhat.
Live and learn. Jews gave peace (yet another) chance. The one that, ironically enough, brought them nothing but shootings, stabbings, stonings and of course exploding buses, malls, cafes, discos, synagogues, dolphinarium... as a kind of "thanks, Palestinian-style".
So let's move on. No more land for peace. Only peace for peace. If Israelis are truly super-smart, creative, imaginative, inspired, resilient ---> they'll adapt and move forward with even more success.
As mentioned in the "Sparta" post, Israel has been such a small MIRACLE every minute of its existence, everything going forward is pure gravy. You haven't seen anything yet!
(Muslim oil won't keep them afloat to rule the agenda forever, you know. They are already starting to desintergrate and teeter on chaos even with 100's of billions in easy, free "black gold" revenue that the Free West kindly provided for them -- by, you know, the whole "explore-extract-refine-t ransport-insure-provide huge consumer market" thingie...)
Am Yisroel Chai, playa!
Speaka which, Commander you can tell how silly and bizarre the whole PC appearance of "symmerty" or "parity" of the 2 sides that the world community/MSM has been trying to shove down our throats. I mean, shall we take a quick look at the resumes of the 2 table-sitters?

Abbas:
*Holocaust-denier
*Financier of 1972
*NOT-President (no really, his term expired 4 year ago)
*no discernable skill or talent or achievement (other than graft)
*daily incitement to genocide, racism in schools & media

Benjamin Netanyahu:

*Democratically elected about to be 3-term Prime-Minister
*Sayeret Matkal commando
*160 IQ
*allows all religions to visit/pray in Jerusalem
*brother of the hero of most awesome hostage-rescue operation
*son of a reknown scholar & David Ben-Gurion's right hand man
*introduced Capitalist, Free-market reforms (see: "Start-up Nation)
*Tamar & Leviathan discoveries
*Only man to say "No" to Obama, Soros, Putin, Rhiadh, Doha, Dubai
*settlement-freeze to re-start negotiations(to dismay of his party
*no daily incitement to genocide, racism in schools & media

LOL, where's the symmetry? I mean I've heard his name before, but the more I think about it....Who the flyin' F is Mahmoud Abbas??!!
Freedom Terrister

Addison, IL

#66802 Dec 21, 2012
"*Financier of 1972 Olympic Athlete Massacre"
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66803 Dec 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I hope she leaves a little landing strip.
Look at how disrespectful Fleasy Terrier is to one of our favorite people? Well, I never. Of course, I'm talking about Frankie Valle Fagglio.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66806 Dec 21, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
Stay tuned. I'll finish watching Real de Madrid vs. Ajax ... and I'll be back..
Vuelve cuando usted no puede quedarse tanto tiempo
Freedom Terrrister

Addison, IL

#66807 Dec 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at how disrespectful Fleasy Terrier is to one of our favorite people? Well, I never. Of course, I'm talking about Frankie Valle Fagglio.
No worries, surely TRD will be along with another of his stern lectures about my poor form.... "badly done, Emma":

Between TRD, L-Dub and NaNa... being dressed-down here is something that's served me well over time. When it's deserved, of course. We all need all the guidance anywhere we can in the crazy, chaotic world... no?

So I don't take it personally. It certainly beats the ALTERNATIVE-- when nobody anywhere give a sh*t about anyone or anything else, anonymously or otherwise.

PS. Ize, you surreslay need to re-register with the same or similar name. At least until your regular profile is re-instated. The Topix world must start making sense again!
fearless cartooni

Santa Monica, CA

#66808 Dec 21, 2012
Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Faith, long time no see
since this may be my only chance to ask you this: do you have ANY redeeming quality as a human being? Like, I mean, at all? Do you like ANYONE -- including yourself? Are you just a total sociopath?
I mean, take my Burkina Faso war-time buddy, Gray. Now he IS certifiably insane, psychotic.... but I think really deeep down, he still cares about something, about the US albeit in his own pervertse, profoundly anti-semitic way. Even 'Fearless Cartooni', though clearly straight out of the SNL sketch 'Californians', can be a real doll, as you might say. Or heckz, even tha sub-tarded jihadi-wannabe clown 'Ahmad-Hamas' who used to post here long time ago, had some charm about him/her.
What, pray tell, do YOU bring to the table? Hating "muzzies" doesn't count.
And yes, lady, I LOVE winter. All seasons, actually. Save for that fagglio Frankie Valle or whatever his name.
Happy Holiday.
whatcha talkin bout willis...

Merry Christmas may you and yours enjoy the season of Ho Ho Ho....
fearless cartooni

Santa Monica, CA

#66809 Dec 21, 2012
Of course, I came here to wish old friends the happiest of holidays... assuming the planet doesn't end in the next 12 hours or so....

TRD IZE VOP UZI Faith Merry Christmas and an awesome 2013.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66810 Dec 21, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
Stay tuned. I'll finish watching Real de Madrid vs. Ajax ... and I'll be back..
Ajax should be cleaning up.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66811 Dec 21, 2012
Freedom Terrrister wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, surely TRD will be along with another of his stern lectures about my poor form.... "badly done, Emma":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LDjfYXJ3yRoXX
Between TRD, L-Dub and NaNa... being dressed-down here is something that's served me well over time. When it's deserved, of course. We all need all the guidance anywhere we can in the crazy, chaotic world... no?
So I don't take it personally. It certainly beats the ALTERNATIVE-- when nobody anywhere give a sh*t about anyone or anything else, anonymously or otherwise.
PS. Ize, you surreslay need to re-register with the same or similar name. At least until your regular profile is re-instated. The Topix world must start making sense again!
Nah, I don't care which one you choose, just pick a pole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guru 186,834
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min John Galt 1,216,369
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min _Zoey_ 5,882
New Rapper Seven Dyce 1 hr Seven Dyce 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 4 hr Glen M 81
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr litesong 52,689
Abia state school of nursing 2015/16 form isout... 9 hr Mr paul 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]