Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
60,701 - 60,720 of 68,297 Comments Last updated 59 min ago
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>It has turned out to be an exquisite waste of time. In the beginning there was a sense, if not a promise of hope that when the sides sit down they will be able to hammer out a lasting peace built on mutual respect.

Boy was I wrong about that one. No matter how much we change, THAT seems to remain the same. I'm ready to say that my idea of settling the Arab-Israeli conflict via the internet and Call of Duty has as much if not more merit than Oslo. No real estate changes hands but all the violent tension is released and at the end of a day of warfare my way, everyone goes home for a meal, some rest, and are off to school or work in the morning. Israeli kids get to grow up to be doctors and lawyers and Arab kids get to grow up to be matzoh.
I think he wishes this thread would die because he hates that we have become friends.
Hope. I am all about Hope. And peace. Would love it!

But here's the central message I've tried to get across here, even before I could even speak English well enough to articulate it somewhat coherently: PEACE/HOPE CANNOT BE BASED ON LIES, HATRED, SERIAL FALSIFICATION, INTRANSIGENCE & TERROR.

"Men" like Arafat, Abbas -- nevermind Sheik Yassins of this world -- are NOT peace-makers. I doubt they are even human.

If there was some hope for true, real PEACE 20 years ago -- what with PLO's creator/patron Soviet Union collapsing and American/Israeli/Western/Free Way of Life seemingly prevailing forever..... well, after the new generation of Pali-kids has been raised on the most vile, genocidal propaganda that essentially considers Jews to be prophet-killing cockroach-vampires who cause all worldly ills & wars, and who therefore must be exterminated -- or at the very least thown into the sea!

Hell, even the Sinai bedouin, who just 10-15 years ago, which is extremely short period of time, historically speaking... whereas those bedouin were pretty moderate if not secular/friendly ----> have now become raging al-Qaeda allies!

Where the heck are you gonna get Martin Luther King or Nelson Mandela now? And I tell you, even Ghandi would throw up his hand if he had to deal with (radical) Islam leaders. I get a huge LOL'erskate when I hear Irish confounded by lack of progress is peace process in M.E.... Hamas/Sunni Islam to IRA/Catholicism is what lightening is to lightening bug (as a certain American writer would put it) They just have NO idea who they're dealing with here, LOL!

As the Great Ize of Conneticut might have said "Before you can lead the life you want, you must first LEAVE the life that you DON'T want".

Before you can have TRUE peace, justice, freedom... you at least MUST reject the (massive oil-funded) Muslim-Marxist Matrix, its unbelievable lies, arrogance and all-encompassing hatred & envy!

Start with telling the truth about "Palestine", IRD. And go from there. There is NO alternative.
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uh huh...exactly.
Mr. Ize was on to something this afternoon. The first step towards your new life is a step away from your old one. How about attempting to show the respect you'd like to receive? That's a promise I made to Ahmad in the beginning that I've tried to keep. There have certainly been lapses but for the most part we're able to begin and end a conversation without conflict.
Are you sure the moniker/entity to which you're referring...exists?

Maybe that's why it doesn't show up on my screen.

My bad, T
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

http://news.yahoo.com/army-seeks-death-penalt...

I wonder if they'll seek the same for the Ft. Hood bastard called Major Nidal Malik Hasan?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Uh huh...exactly.
Mr. Ize was on to something this afternoon. The first step towards your new life is a step away from your old one. How about attempting to show the respect you'd like to receive? That's a promise I made to Ahmad in the beginning that I've tried to keep. There have certainly been lapses but for the most part we're able to begin and end a conversation without conflict.
Aww damn. I'm being ignored by veeks. My life isn't worth living anymore. What a waste of two years of math and physics. Now I wish I had majored in psychology instead of engineering, so I could talk myself out of ending my miserable life.
Oh well...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Allegedly.
That's a monumental baby Jesus all right. Please forgive my snickering at the double irony of:
A. A giant baby.
B. A bunch of Christians and Muslims fixating on a Jew.
And the bonus irony of Arabs believing that Guinness records will somehow legitimize a state. For example "...Look honey, there's the National Kanafeh of Palestine! Those Palestinians sure know their desserts!". What's next, World's largest Hummus bowl?
Hummus is just mashed chickpeas with lemon and olive oil. We should do one of the "special" meals, like Maftoul, Maqlouba, Moloukhia, Mjadara, Msakhan or Mansaf. Or any other good dish that starts with the letter M.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure the moniker/entity to which you're referring...exists?
Maybe that's why it doesn't show up on my screen.
My bad, T
I'm not really positive I exist any more but do you realize how many pages I had to backtrack to get that quote? What, with VOP losing his post (and his mind) and having the kids home for the holidays, we're putting on pages faster than we did during the Cast Lead Conversation (CLC).

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Uzi wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/army-see ks-death-penalty-afghan-massac re-case-175816052.html
I wonder if they'll seek the same for the Ft. Hood bastard called Major Nidal Malik Hasan?
The best way to punish that bastard is to make him stay alive. His own body is a prison and he relies on the very infidels he despises for his daily functions. I hope he lives through another ten-thousand "Good morning Major Nidal, time for your shave and haircut" while bed sores rot his butt cheeks off.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummus is just mashed chickpeas with lemon and olive oil. We should do one of the "special" meals, like Maftoul, Maqlouba, Moloukhia, Mjadara, Msakhan or Mansaf. Or any other good dish that starts with the letter M.
I know, I know. That's why I don't understand the implication that "ownership" of hummus is a lawsuit-worthy, let alone war-worthy argument. The only common thread I've seen is that once again, Arabs are willing to fight each other over the most ridiculous claims just as long as they first use them as an excuse to deprive the Jews of the word "hummus".

Are there any popular dishes that rhyme with the days of the week?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

This is really a crushing disappointment. The Mexicans promised us that the world was going to end today.....and here we are. I stopped paying my bills three months ago, didn't do my Christmas shopping and did not prepare for the winter I thought I wasn't going to be around to see.
It's eight in the morning. I slept for about an hour on the couch because my dog is sleeping crosswise on my bed and growls at me every time I even walk by the bedroom door. To top it off, it is blzzarding outside. In anticipation of not living to see this day, I neglected to push the giant, noisy, self-propelled snow throwing machine up the hill from the barn and put it in my garage. Now I am truly screwed. I have enough food to last maybe a month if I am resourceful.
I don't know if I ever mentioned this.....but I hate winter. I will go further; I even hate anyone that likes winter....because they are living a lie. I'm not leaving this room until June.
Yours, Eliza Donner XOXO.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Faith wrote:
This is really a crushing disappointment. The Mexicans promised us that the world was going to end today.....and here we are. I stopped paying my bills three months ago, didn't do my Christmas shopping and did not prepare for the winter I thought I wasn't going to be around to see.
It's eight in the morning. I slept for about an hour on the couch because my dog is sleeping crosswise on my bed and growls at me every time I even walk by the bedroom door. To top it off, it is blzzarding outside. In anticipation of not living to see this day, I neglected to push the giant, noisy, self-propelled snow throwing machine up the hill from the barn and put it in my garage. Now I am truly screwed. I have enough food to last maybe a month if I am resourceful.
I don't know if I ever mentioned this.....but I hate winter. I will go further; I even hate anyone that likes winter....because they are living a lie. I'm not leaving this room until June.
You really something, Eliza. Just what the doctor ordered on this Friday before Christmas. I'm sure I speak for others, but we missed you. Freedom Terrister had dropped in for the holidays and if you flip back a few pages, it's good reading. I do wish he'd acknowledge the educated Soy's (Ahmad)existence. Something about invisible fonts on Soy's posts. TRD has turned his collar around and is administering blessings and all is well. That guy with the plate in his head dropped by, posted his usual spam and vanished like a fart in the wind. That's good. Anyway, keep warm-XXXXOOOO 4 u. ;>)
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
You really something, Eliza. Just what the doctor ordered on this Friday before Christmas. I'm sure I speak for others, but we missed you. Freedom Terrister had dropped in for the holidays and if you flip back a few pages, it's good reading. I do wish he'd acknowledge the educated Soy's (Ahmad)existence. Something about invisible fonts on Soy's posts. TRD has turned his collar around and is administering blessings and all is well. That guy with the plate in his head dropped by, posted his usual spam and vanished like a fart in the wind. That's good. Anyway, keep warm-XXXXOOOO 4 u. ;>)
I'm trying to martial a rescue party as we speak. There is a neighbor just off my yard about a half mile away. I think that if I sound pathetic enough, I can convince him to wander out into the freezing white and bring us back provisions of vodka and grapefruit juice (We have plenty of ice)......It is a forlorn hope.....But for the moment, it is all I have.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to martial a rescue party as we speak. There is a neighbor just off my yard about a half mile away. I think that if I sound pathetic enough, I can convince him to wander out into the freezing white and bring us back provisions of vodka and grapefruit juice (We have plenty of ice)......It is a forlorn hope.....But for the moment, it is all I have.
Is that the guy with bloody Deer Head on his sofa and the good smoke? Lock and load.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the guy with bloody Deer Head on his sofa and the good smoke? Lock and load.
"Scarface". Quite a sight.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

As long as the world has survived.....and that I am stuck with winter.....I am also going to be force fed another Christmas. I really don't know how things work for you Jews. I suspect it is handled much more efficiently. What do you have? Hannacha? Excuse me. I know I spelled that wrong but.....well....you know. I want to state for the record that Christmas is a huge pain in the ass. It is a time when we are supposed to come together with our loved ones in a spirit of love and joy....and all that other bullsh*t none of us really believe in.
I'm trying really hard to focus now. We usually have a candle-lit gathering at my brother-in-laws house. We all exchange gifts, say grace...try to act real normal. It's going to take a lot of fortitude and planning.
So this is my scheme....I'm going to feign illness in order to stay home alone and enjoy a blessed night of total silence with my dog....who is by the way, a total a-hole.
Wow. All of the sudden I am in the spirit.
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!

Oh......and to my fellow shareholders and all of the world's citizens that benefit by America's love....There's this:

It's the Real Thing!
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Faith wrote:
As long as the world has survived.....and that I am stuck with winter.....I am also going to be force fed another Christmas. I really don't know how things work for you Jews. I suspect it is handled much more efficiently. What do you have? Hannacha? Excuse me. I know I spelled that wrong but.....well....you know. I want to state for the record that Christmas is a huge pain in the ass. It is a time when we are supposed to come together with our loved ones in a spirit of love and joy....and all that other bullsh*t none of us really believe in.
I'm trying really hard to focus now. We usually have a candle-lit gathering at my brother-in-laws house. We all exchange gifts, say grace...try to act real normal. It's going to take a lot of fortitude and planning.
So this is my scheme....I'm going to feign illness in order to stay home alone and enjoy a blessed night of total silence with my dog....who is by the way, a total a-hole.
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
Oh......and to my fellow shareholders and all of the world's citizens that benefit by America's love....There's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_zCsFvVg0UYXX
It's the Real Thing!
Judging by the time it's about 11:10 Central Time. A little early ain't it?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Faith wrote:
Keep the faith, Faith, the day ain't over yet :>)

At least it's a wet cold, right? I imagine that the Las Vegas natives who have adapted to 120 F. will perish in a dry cold from the coming ice age.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Faith wrote:
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
It's the Real Thing!
You have to Chhh when you say it, you know like Chhhhristmas.

All the kids are home for the holidays so I get to juxtapose your message over the sounds of my son playing Black Ops 2 opposite me on the partner desk. Happy birthday Jesus! And while he's in the spirit of the season I hope he blesses you and yours.

That's a good dog.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Faith wrote:
I love you guys.
Happy birthday, Jesus!
It's the Real Thing!
As long as we are waxing melancholy, here's my version of the Christmas Spirit. Please watch the whole thing for maximum enjoyment. Have a good one.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a1b7018f17/d...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as we are waxing melancholy, here's my version of the Christmas Spirit. Please watch the whole thing for maximum enjoyment. Have a good one.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a1b7018f17/d...
Who's waxing? Faith is waxing?

http://www.gocomics.com/getfuzzy/2012/12/18

Read forward from there, don't stop till you get to today's strip.
Freedom Terrister

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not really positive I exist any more but do you realize how many pages I had to backtrack to get that quote? What, with VOP losing his post (and his mind) and having the kids home for the holidays, we're putting on pages faster than we did during the Cast Lead Conversation (CLC).
Forgive me, playa, for I have seen.

I WILL do better next time, I swear.

If the holy consensus so wish, I can close my eyes again. There, ahhh it feels so much better -- ooh look there comes Naksa the Unicorn prancin about mischievously; oh and there is the Nakba the Pubescent-tooth-fairy; but I think she is in her Sylvia Plath "stage", so tread verrry lightly....So cute, so magikal.

Who needs drugs, huh Rinnisons Man?! Just 'em up, that's the ticket!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TSM 1,096,215
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min loose cannon 176,808
Abby 8-22 5 min not a ghost 4
Amy 8-22 8 min Toj 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 68,851
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 11 min not a ghost 369
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min Toj 97,829

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:28AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••