Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
60,661 - 60,680 of 68,399 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#66736 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Nasrallah starting up some shit with Israel almost immediately.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/world/middl...
Now that he's up against the Sunni leprechaun division he needs a diversion in the worst way.
Funny. I made a leprechaun joke in my head before I read the rest of your post. Heh.

Here's hoping Nassrallah starts a new war. God knows the Middle East needs one.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66737 Dec 20, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
It's OK, he forgot to take his pills today.
You know he ain't paying for the band width. It was very nice of you to acknowledge an old acquaintance's presence in a civil manner. My how you have grown. 8<)
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66738 Dec 20, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
zwanzig..
Had this old ditty lying around in my library and it still holds true today:

What happens when a fly falls into a coffee cup?

The Italian - throws the cup and walks away in a fit of rage.

The Frenchman - takes out the fly, and drinks the coffee.

The Turk - eats the fly and throws away the coffee.

The Greek - drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli - sells the coffee to the Frenchman, the fly to the Turk, buys himself a new cup of coffee and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

The Palestinian - blames the Israeli for the fly falling in his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives And then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, The Turk, and the Greek are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of coffee to the Palestinian.

Did you like it? Do you remember it? What's up the road, a piece? Would you rather walk to school or carry your lunch? Do dogs bark?
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66739 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You heartless basterds! LET THEM LIVE!
Baby steps. Baby steps. The first step to living the life you want is leaving the life you donít want.

Taking the first step forward is always the hardest.

But then each step forward gets easier and easier.

And each step forward gets you closer and closer until eventually, what had once been invisible starts to be visible.

And what once felt impossible starts to feel possible.

Bless you

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#66740 Dec 20, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Funny. I made a leprechaun joke in my head before I read the rest of your post. Heh.
Here's hoping Nassrallah starts a new war. God knows the Middle East needs one.
Are you going to be OK when big one starts? There's a good chance his boys will be bringing back some B & C warfare swag from Syria. That's probably what's coming first and I wouldn't want to be down wind.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66741 Dec 20, 2012
Freedom Terrister wrote:
<quoted text>
Please learn to read. I clearly mentioned even WITHOUT accounting for ID's export potential (whether US, India, South Korea, Singapore, Colombia, etc). That a whole another subject.
My post was aimed at the many tards & nay-sayers who were all "ooh, Iron Dome is unproven, it's not possible, Tamir costs too much...laser is the way to go, mmkay!!!!"
LOL, when all counted.... ID has aleady saved billion(s) during, what, the 6-7 flare-ups with Gaza since March 2011.
Everything else is gravy at this point. And the system is not even 1/3 deployed and still quite operationally immature. Which means we haven't even seen it at its best! I mean, the legendary Russian S-300 and American Patriot family, they were developed on massive budgets since 1960's and by late 1970's they were already operational, undergoing several upgrades & modificatins in the ensuing decades..... Whereas Iron Dome was a toally unproven concept, then after only 2 years of development --> and it's baptism by fire in 2011! Wow.
What is "Ebbyl"? Google's no help. I don't want to over analyze.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66742 Dec 20, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby steps. Baby steps. The first step to living the life you want is leaving the life you donít want.
Taking the first step forward is always the hardest.
But then each step forward gets easier and easier.
And each step forward gets you closer and closer until eventually, what had once been invisible starts to be visible.
And what once felt impossible starts to feel possible.
Bless you
That's sarcasm, right?

Either way, my blessings are manifold...the love of a good woman, the sight of my children having their own children, enough to eat, a comfortable home, great friends, noble enemies...the dream.

Location hidden

#66743 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to be OK when big one starts? There's a good chance his boys will be bringing back some B & C warfare swag from Syria. That's probably what's coming first and I wouldn't want to be down wind.
That would be interesting.
Ize Lost

Wallingford, CT

#66744 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's sarcasm, right?
Either way, my blessings are manifold...the love of a good woman, the sight of my children having their own children, enough to eat, a comfortable home, great friends, noble enemies...the dream.
I wanna be you. What's Ebbyl Juice?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66746 Dec 20, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>That would be interesting.
There was an entire day of training dedicated to it in the Navy. Had to go in the gas chamber and take off the mask so we could demonstrate proficiency putting it back on under duress.

When was the last time you had your NBC warfare gear checked?
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#66747 Dec 20, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna be you. What's Ebbyl Juice?
Moses.
Abraham.
Itzhak
Josef
Jesus
Apostles
Columbus
Marx
Lenin (ok, 1/4 to 1/2)
Trotsky
Einstein
Freud
Oppenheimer
Churchill (ok, honourary)
Jobs
Obama (debatable mother's side)
Putin-Medvedev (ok 1/2)

just to name a few of maaaaaaannyyyyyy

Location hidden

#66748 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>There was an entire day of training dedicated to it in the Navy. Had to go in the gas chamber and take off the mask so we could demonstrate proficiency putting it back on under duress.
No worries. We have our towels and water ready at all times.
Freedom Terrister

Chicago, IL

#66749 Dec 20, 2012
Freedom Terrister wrote:
If not for IAF taking out 95% of the Fajr-3, Fajr-3 and IIRC even a few Zelzal rockets, Pre-launch....If NOT for 5th Iron Dome battery rushed 3 months ahead of schedule to defend Tel Aviv.... If not for the other Iron Dome taking 450+ of heavier, extended range-Chinese grads projected to be heading for the THE heart of Israeli populaces in other towns.... Israeli casulties would have been in 100's, including wounded. That would have big blow to the morale & economy -- and would have left Israeli governmet NO choice but to under-take a VERY expensive, prolonged land operation in Gaza.... Wow, talk about life-saver, in the billions of dollar range!
So ID, as immature and incomplete as its lay-out still is, already paid for itself just during Amud Anan alone!
(nevermind that its cost were de-frayed by American Foreign Military Aid + addityional Congressional cash outlays...So even before export, Iron Dome is already breaking even, if not running a surplus of sorts, LOL But I digress)
Correction: "If not for IAF taking out 95% of the Fajr-3, FAJR-5 and IIRC even a few Zelzal rockets..."

Fajr-3 is mean, but Fajr-5 and Zelzal that's some bad-ass rocketry -- in the context of a terror group targetting city centers, that is. Then again, I never liked the idea of dismissevely referring to Hezbollah or HAMAS as jihadi gangs; that kind of complacent disregard is what led to 2LW. In fact pound-for-pound they are better armed for urban/guerilla warfare than most regular armies! And unlike other conventional armies, these 'roided-up Islamic DON'T play by the rules, honour, Geneva Conventions or all the other fancy infidel trappings....They've turned the whole "human shield" phenomenon into an art-form -- and far from feeling ashamed of hiding behind their own women & children, they BOAST about it. Sick, sick, sick.

Anywho. Qassams filled with nails, ball-bearings dipped in AIDS patient bodily fluids... is one thing. Few 100's dollars. Some of the extended-range Chinese Grads can them into the 1,000s -- especially now that Sinai bedouin smugglers are feeling the heat from Obama/Clinton/Morsi guarantees and less tunnels-available for the next few months. And considering that because of Iron Dome, you need a lot of them for barrages; plus building new underground launchers, with fairly expensive timing/targetting equipment.... the whole cost equation is beginning to shift. Compared to the cheap Qassam days, anyway....

Then figure in the billion+ dollar costs of rebuilding Gaza, all kinds of infrastructure, terror or otherwise......and the overall cost per-fire shoots up dramatically.
And then there are the Fajr-3, Fajr-5 and Zelzal. Much harder to replenish, MUCH more expensive when you fihure in the "passage & re-assembly" costs.

Especially now that aformentioned tragic head-on car accident in Sudan that prematurely ended the lives of Factor and Storage Depot....

In short.... do NOT believe any jihadi-tard echo-chamber goofballs who tells you how Hamas is going to bankrupt Israel with rocket fire. They literally don't know what they are talking about!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66750 Dec 20, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>No worries. We have our towels and water ready at all times.
Attaboy! Keep it simple...I'm sure everything will turn out all right.

Location hidden

#66751 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Attaboy! Keep it simple...I'm sure everything will turn out all right.
Like we always say in Palestine, safety comes first.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66752 Dec 20, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Like we always say in Palestine, safety comes first.
None of that rubberized crap lasts very long anyway. Ahmad bin MacGyver to the rescue.
Ize Lost

Naugatuck, CT

#66753 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>There was an entire day of training dedicated to it in the Navy. Had to go in the gas chamber and take off the mask so we could demonstrate proficiency putting it back on under duress.
Us taking off our masks to ingest teargas hardly compares to what these fcukers have at their disposal. And, if used, Ahmad's water and towels won't matter. The reprisal will be in hard shrapnel and a little flame. See ya!
Ize Lost

Naugatuck, CT

#66754 Dec 20, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Like we always say in Palestine, safety comes first.
Really? They dispense condoms? Eeewwww. The visual of latex meeting redundant skin folds is unimaginable.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#66755 Dec 20, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Us taking off our masks to ingest teargas hardly compares to what these fcukers have at their disposal. And, if used, Ahmad's water and towels won't matter. The reprisal will be in hard shrapnel and a little flame. See ya!
Shhhhhhh! I didn't want to unnecessarily distress the boy. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the reason the stuff doesn't last too long is because after one use it's disposed of during decontamination. Besides, his wet towels will be helpful when they're trying to locate the victim's bodies.

Location hidden

#66756 Dec 20, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Shhhhhhh! I didn't want to unnecessarily distress the boy. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the reason the stuff doesn't last too long is because after one use it's disposed of during decontamination. Besides, his wet towels will be helpful when they're trying to locate the victim's bodies.
We don't need masks when we have the biggest Baby Jesus in the world on our side.
http://www.maannews.net/arb/ViewDetails.aspx...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Yeah 1,101,547
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,530
Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs (Jun '09) 14 min tax war profits 109,597
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min litesong 46,382
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 56 min Pippa 11
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info