Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
60,101 - 60,120 of 68,069 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
At the very end when they open the Jewish Deli next to the Palestinian restaurant, both sides try to get Larry to join them and the Palestinian woman offers Larry a three way. Funny stuff. Thanks for the trip down memory lane
Glad you liked it, to me it looked a little bit of nonsense.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

If only arabs could read......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/...
suzu

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't...not even close. First, all politicians are corrupt (unless their names end in Christ) no matter where you are. But our government is elected fairly and the stated policy of our GOVERNMENT with all it's CHECKS AND BALANCES is that the final outline of any future Palestinian state be negotiated directly between Israelis and the prospective Palestinians.
Second, Israel has been around for over sixty years now. If, as you say Israel is stealing Palestine they'd have done it several times over by now.
Third, the only farce you and I need to discuss is the one surrounding the formation of a state by a people who can't even live with themselves, let alone Israelis.
suzu, the richest mo fuggers on the planet pump oil and wear laundry on their heads. If they can't buy our government it might just mean that Americans really, really don't like them. AIPAC my ass.
tell this to the world that voted in such numbers against israel. strange, but somehow nobody can see how innocent and wellmenaning israel is and how sincerely it wants to do direct negotiations. all anybody sees is the constant landtheft.
that is anybody who isn't told by AIPAC what to see.
yes, it is AIPAC AIPAC AIPAC. sorry you don't like to hear it.
suzu

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

although i am guessing that you do love to hear how powerful AIPAC is. you just don't want others to hear it.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

suzu wrote:
although i am guessing that you do love to hear how powerful AIPAC is. you just don't want others to hear it.
I care less about AIPAC than I do about you (if that were even possible). The countries of the world voted FOR Palestine, not AGAINST Israel, however you don't want to hear that because you so relish the idea of Israel receiving a spanking.

Even the Palestinians recognize that they now have nowhere left to go after the political theater of this vote. Hamas is begging Fatah to join them under arms and warning against "unjustified euphoria". If they refuse to negotiate with Israel they will not have a country.

Period.

“Quality is always an accident”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you liked it, to me it looked a little bit of nonsense.
Then why post it?
Uzi wrote:
This clip is from one of his superb HBO comedy shows.....
Are you bi-polar?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I care less about AIPAC than I do about you (if that were even possible). The countries of the world voted FOR Palestine, not AGAINST Israel, however you don't want to hear that because you so relish the idea of Israel receiving a spanking.
Even the Palestinians recognize that they now have nowhere left to go after the political theater of this vote. Hamas is begging Fatah to join them under arms and warning against "unjustified euphoria". If they refuse to negotiate with Israel they will not have a country.
Period.
That disgusting fat-body has replaced Screwy as the major irritant here. Only here can he/she talk directly to real live Jews. Don't you ever get tired of serving up aces against this brainless turd? AIPAC AIPAC, The world sees.....Land theft....blah blah blah. Some real dumb sh!t there. I think he/she is like Shara in Uzi's clip. Subconsciously, it wants a real Jew to take it to the homeland.:)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
That disgusting fat-body has replaced Screwy as the major irritant here. Only here can he/she talk directly to real live Jews. Don't you ever get tired of serving up aces against this brainless turd? AIPAC AIPAC, The world sees.....Land theft....blah blah blah. Some real dumb sh!t there. I think he/she is like Shara in Uzi's clip. Subconsciously, it wants a real Jew to take it to the homeland.:)
Hah! That leaves you out!

I never tire of patiently explaining the facts of life to the ignorant. The problem is that even my six-year-old grandson gets this better than suzu. He understands that Egypt lost territory to Israel in a war and then, through the peace process, negotiated it back. He gets that Israel and Jordan were once at war but then managed to negotiate a durable peace.

Hamas and suzu will never get it (a country, that is)because they still think that resistance will do violently what sovereign nations do peacefully. Pathetic.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

suzu wrote:
<quoted text>
tell this to the world that voted in such numbers against israel. strange, but somehow nobody can see how innocent and wellmenaning israel is and how sincerely it wants to do direct negotiations. all anybody sees is the constant landtheft.
that is anybody who isn't told by AIPAC what to see.
yes, it is AIPAC AIPAC AIPAC. sorry you don't like to hear it.
Hey dickhead, IT IS THE PALS that REFUSED to come and sit down to talk PEACE for the past 6 years with Israel. All you and the rest of the world can bark ALL YOU WANT but facts are facts.
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why post it?
<quoted text>
Are you bi-polar?
How could you tell me you liked it if I did not post it???
No bi polar, yet but who can tell the future???:-)))))
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hah! That leaves you out!
I never tire of patiently explaining the facts of life to the ignorant. The problem is that even my six-year-old grandson gets this better than suzu. He understands that Egypt lost territory to Israel in a war and then, through the peace process, negotiated it back. He gets that Israel and Jordan were once at war but then managed to negotiate a durable peace.
Hamas and suzu will never get it (a country, that is)because they still think that resistance will do violently what sovereign nations do peacefully. Pathetic.
Especially when they lose every war or skirmish with Israel. Poor arab muslim assholes.
Love that Egyptian democracy , its like the mob takes over the White House and Obama escapes thru the back door and the next day comes back makes believe that nothing happened. Love that Syrian spring too. Right now they want to get Assad out of there, but if and when they succeed, right away they"ll start figting and killing each other. As good old Andy said many many years ago, its all a tribal warfare in all the arab countries, they are not a nation but different tribes klling each other for centuries.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when they lose every war or skirmish with Israel. Poor arab muslim assholes.
Love that Egyptian democracy , its like the mob takes over the White House and Obama escapes thru the back door and the next day comes back makes believe that nothing happened. Love that Syrian spring too. Right now they want to get Assad out of there, but if and when they succeed, right away they"ll start figting and killing each other. As good old Andy said many many years ago, its all a tribal warfare in all the arab countries, they are not a nation but different tribes klling each other for centuries.
I'm not going to lie...that's some messed up zhit right there.(no, not that you're right)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you tell me you liked it if I did not post it???
No bi polar, yet but who can tell the future???:-)))))
Huh? So, you DIDN"T post the Curb Your Enthusiasm Link? Let pull out the couch for you. YOU DID. You said it was Larry David genius. I said I liked it. Thanked you for the link. Your response: You said it was nonsense. Problem is you are so busy fighting with everybody, arguments are all you know. Do you walk lop-sided because of that huge chip on your shoulder, Shorty?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hah! That leaves you out!
swish! Another one! I've been ready that dumb shit since Pierre was in the Nuke Iran thread. Nothing changes. What infuriates me is that we can be sitting in the same Internet Cafe in CT and I would never realize that that fat toad at the next table picking its nose and eating it is Suzu. Not fair.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

"reading"

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
swish! Another one! I've been ready that dumb shit since Pierre was in the Nuke Iran thread. Nothing changes. What infuriates me is that we can be sitting in the same Internet Cafe in CT and I would never realize that that fat toad at the next table picking its nose and eating it is Suzu. Not fair.
Far be it from me to tell you how to live but internet cafe? Really?

Here's what you do. Put a package of Odor Eaters in your fanny pack so that if you are ever in doubt down at the cafe, just sneak a couple into a back pocket and watch suzu disappear.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Far be it from me to tell you how to live but internet cafe? Really?
Here's what you do. Put a package of Odor Eaters in your fanny pack so that if you are ever in doubt down at the cafe, just sneak a couple into a back pocket and watch suzu disappear.
With all the stink that's been coming out of him, he should put the odor eaters in his mouth. Disgusting old f*ck.
suzu

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I care less about AIPAC than I do about you (if that were even possible). The countries of the world voted FOR Palestine, not AGAINST Israel, however you don't want to hear that because you so relish the idea of Israel receiving a spanking.
Period.
if it is up to israel then whether the palestinians "negotiate" or "refuse" as you call it then the palestinians will not have their own state. of course you know this. you are as dishonest as your folks in israel. i guess you can't help it.
israelis want palestinians' land. and they mean to get it, with negotiations, without negotiations.
period
the only thing that matters is that the US can continue to be the main bully on the planet. we will see.
suzu

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>With all the stink that's been coming out of him, he should put the odor eaters in his mouth. Disgusting old f*ck.
yes, very disgusting. but they will take this as a compliment.
suzu

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Short cuts

by Eyal Weizman

London Review of Books
Vol 34, No 23, 6 December 2012

In the course of the eight-day aerial bombardment of Gaza by Israel – using
drones, F-16s and Apache helicopters – more than 1350 buildings were hit.
They included military depots, which are considered legitimate targets under
international humanitarian law. But the police stations, TV stations, a
local healthcare centre, ministries, road tunnels and a bridge that were
also targeted are legally protected as civilian infrastructure. To justify
their destruction, Israel argued that ‘they belong to a terrorist entity.’
This is an argument that would render all public buildings and physical
infrastructure in the Strip legitimate targets: it is not accepted by
international lawyers outside Israel.

Israel’s attempt to provide any sort of legal defence at all, however
tenuous, is a response to the Goldstone Report, which alleged (before
Goldstone himself recanted) that both the Israeli military and Hamas had
committed war crimes during the 2008-9 conflict, and that Israel might even
be guilty of ‘crimes against humanity’. During the Goldstone storm, in a
speech delivered at an Israeli security institute, Netanyahu called
organisations that claimed to support the principles of human rights and
international law the third strategic threat to Israel’s security – third
after Iran and Hizbullah. Israeli think-tanks, like some of their Western
counterparts, now refer to this ‘third strategic threat’ of legal action
against state militaries as ‘lawfare’: the use of international law as a
weapon by a non-state party, to make up for its weakness on the field of
combat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,084,369
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min LRS 175,207
glitch plagued obama care website cost us ameri... 12 min hands on AR 1
More Violence in Chicago in a Violence Filled C... 23 min Culture Auditor 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min truth 49,025
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 25
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,878
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search