Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 20 comments on the Jan 18, 2009, Chicago Tribune story titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65910 Nov 29, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful in all respects. Saw the original movie when they still had the drive in theatre in the Bronx NY.
Ya know......If you really did that Coke commercial.....uh.....you're my favorite Jew of all time........I mean that. XO
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65912 Nov 29, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know......If you really did that Coke commercial.....uh.....you're my favorite Jew of all time........I mean that. XO
Yep and many others, my bro just sent me a Phillys Diller show that we did (listed in the credits) with a note: I cant even remember doing this show.
God Bless America.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65913 Nov 29, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and many others, my bro just sent me a Phillys Diller show that we did (listed in the credits) with a note: I cant even remember doing this show.
God Bless America.
God Bless you and Israel. My mom left my oldest brother in in Vietnam.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65914 Nov 29, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and many others, my bro just sent me a Phillys Diller show that we did (listed in the credits) with a note: I cant even remember doing this show.
God Bless America.
Anyhow, You know I'm a fan. Here's the reply to the video of yours......You know.......Everyone..wants...t o be..

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65915 Nov 29, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Hasbara troll lost his way and landed here. Perfect.
Ah, a page out of Gray-Gravy-Gaye's handbook. C'mon, you can do better than that, white boy.8>(
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65917 Nov 29, 2012
Cogratulation, just passed the 60.000 mark.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65918 Nov 29, 2012

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65919 Nov 29, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>So you're Jewish? I never knew that. But it explains a lot.
I can't believe you don't remember how NaNa made such a big deal out of outing me. In how much college did you partake?

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65921 Nov 29, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you don't remember how NaNa made such a big deal out of outing me. In how much college did you partake?
Too much hooka. Note the avatar

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65923 Nov 29, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much hooka. Note the avatar
She's a beaut!

Oooooh...I wonder if it's OK to treat her like a lady without incurring some kind of honor killing.

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65924 Nov 29, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>She's a beaut!
Oooooh...I wonder if it's OK to treat her like a lady without incurring some kind of honor killing.
Huh? I was noting Ahmad's Hookah. I read that smoking with that device is twice as bad as cigarettes. If he didn't have one, I'd buy him one. 8>)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65926 Nov 29, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I was noting Ahmad's Hookah. I read that smoking with that device is twice as bad as cigarettes. If he didn't have one, I'd buy him one. 8>)
Actually it's not. Depending on what kind of tobacco you smoke, it's more nicotine and a lot less tar. It tastes great too.
I have 4.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65927 Nov 29, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you don't remember how NaNa made such a big deal out of outing me. In how much college did you partake?
I honestly don't remember. I guess now I don;t blame you for being biased.
suzu

Northford, CT

#65928 Nov 29, 2012
so the whole world voted against the criminal israeli occupation !!! hope the palestinians succeed with their cases at the international court, the israelis are scared. the israeli at the UN said that this vote gives israelis the right to not care about the palestinians anymore, that they from now on will just act according to their self-interest. what shamelessness. how many more homes do they have to finally act in their self-interest?
the most selfish people in the univers
suzu

Northford, CT

#65929 Nov 29, 2012
how many more palestinian homes do they haveto destroy before etc

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65930 Nov 29, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>I honestly don't remember. I guess now I don;t blame you for being biased.
It seems to me that you said almost exactly that when it came out. Are you sure you don't remember an exchange where I said something about being less biased when your relatives stop trying to kill my relatives? Hmm, maybe it was NaNa but I never hid it.

Maybe it just came as a surprise considering how unbiased I actually am. I do wish for peace and a nation of their own for your people, I just refuse to let it happen at the expense of my people. That's why I wish you'd accept another route...sixty-four years traveling the same wrong road should have taught Palestinians by now that you can't get there from here.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65931 Nov 29, 2012
suzu wrote:
how many more palestinian homes do they haveto destroy before etc
Pssst.

The ICC runs in both directions and Hamas have already been certified as war criminals by Goldstone. Can you say counter-suit?
suzu

Wallingford, CT

#65933 Nov 29, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Pssst.
The ICC runs in both directions and Hamas have already been certified as war criminals by Goldstone. Can you say counter-suit?
well in that case the US and israel did not need to be so against this vote, did they. instead the ridiculously biased US did all it could to keep the palestinians from going to the UN.
but good for them, they did and israel can see how beloved it is by the world. even germany abstained.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#65936 Nov 29, 2012
suzu wrote:
<quoted text>
well in that case the US and israel did not need to be so against this vote, did they. instead the ridiculously biased US did all it could to keep the palestinians from going to the UN.
but good for them, they did and israel can see how beloved it is by the world. even germany abstained.
This was not a vote againts Israel but for the Pals. There is a big difference. The last word was not said yet, anyway most Israelis are not againts it and maybe but only maybe this will force the savages to behave like human beings, its a big maybe. They might be real sorry for what they asked for, it will come later, its not as easy as it seems. This changes nothing in real terms on the ground, nothing.
God Bless America.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65937 Nov 30, 2012
suzu wrote:
<quoted text>
well in that case the US and israel did not need to be so against this vote, did they. instead the ridiculously biased US did all it could to keep the palestinians from going to the UN.
but good for them, they did and israel can see how beloved it is by the world. even germany abstained.
Didn't need to be so against this vote? How "AGAINST" would have been acceptable?

The US and Israel have always (that's ALWAYS in all caps for emphasis) maintained that the route to Palestinian statehood is through direct negotiation between the parties. Every time they try an end around they demonstrate that it would be unacceptable to them to earn a state peacefully. They (the part of the Arabs wishing they were known as Palestinians) insist on resistance and it will only lead to disappointment. The longer they draw this out, the more of them are bound to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,220,024
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Guru 187,297
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Patriot AKA Bozo 52,844
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,202
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Whiny1 5,904
Ask Amy 4-25-15 5 hr Kuuipo 2
Dear Abby 4-25-15 9 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]