Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65787 Nov 26, 2012
Check out the headline. Is that supposed to be "Enema"?
http://www.topix.com/topstories/egypt

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65788 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no denying Hamas is outgunned and outnumbered by Israel. It would be silly to think Hamas can defeat Israel in a direct fight, We're talking about 10 thousand Hamas fighters going against 80 thousand soldiers with air and artillery support, not to mention the armored vehicles and Tanks. But still, I think Hamas has mastered guerrilla warfare. Israel would probably be able to successfully control all of Gaza, but that would be for a limited time only. They simply can't withstand to stay in Gaza. There would be too many deaths on both sides (a lot more on our side, obviously). There's a reason Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, back when Hamas wasn't nearly as strong as it is today.
I just don't see Hamas uniting with Fateh. Hamas has honest people, while Fateh is rotten to the core. Their only concern is their interest. They don't give crap about a Palestinian state as long as their pockets are full of US and EU money. Everytime the money is about to run out, they threaten to let the PA collapse, and then the US comes to the rescue with more money because Israel doesn't want to be responsible for the West Bank. This is a cycle that has repeated itself over and over again. Right now the PA is almost out of money again, which is my Mr.Abbas is making a big fuzz about going to the UN.
You might want to read this article to get an idea of how corrupt our beloved PA is.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our PA makes Hamid Karazai's government look like saints. And I'm taking from personal experience with those bastards.
I really believe that Hamas are sincere in their efforts to reconcile with Fateh. But unity with Hamas, if achieved, will harm the interests of Fateh's top thugs, which is why it will never happen as long as these people are in charge of Fateh.
Well then, back to being "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Hamas would provide better governance but along the way to getting where they are, they managed to land on the US terrorist list. Any idea how that could happen? Anyone? Because they're terrorists.

They refuse to recognize Israel and to renounce violence and they insist on these ridiculous pseudo-military exercises that are only good for making Palestinians dead. How can that be better than the corrupt Fatah organization? Think back to when we first started our conversation Ahmad. Remember what I said about politics and politicians...it's all about the money. If they tell you anything else, anything, they lied.

I guess the only question left to answer is how many more times you guys can afford to rerun this cycle because nobody seems to be learning from it. From what I've seen lately, the other Arabs have their own troubles. If you want your own country something will have to change. The Jews are not leaving and you're young, you're smart...find a different way.

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#65789 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and maybe "ya dumb bitch" might also be cute. ;)

Location hidden

#65790 Nov 26, 2012
FaithUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aH9HlmVfdygXX
Nothin like fresh chub after supper.:>)
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65791 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothin like fresh chub after supper.:>)
RE: My people's relationship with your people......

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65792 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
"This business success has come with a helping hand from Uncle Sam: According to a Reuters report, Abbas's company received $1.89 million from USAID in 2005 to build a sewage system in the West Bank town of Hebron." Did this sewage system ever get built? If so, so what? You can make money, provide a needed service or you can receive free rockets from countries that want to use you as tool for their own greedy reasons. If the money went elsewhere, I'll be dog-gone. You seemed to have boned up on current events, as well as history, that are applicable YOU. I can hardly wait for your response.
The money is RARELY used for it's originally intended purposes. And even then they hire contractors that do a terrible job and use the cheapest materials to "save" money. Most of the money doesn't even get spent. It's been this way ever since the PA was established. If all the money that was pumped into the PA was utilized properly the WB would look like Dubai right now. The PA is an abomination. They fked the economy so bad now we have the income average of a 5th world country and the living costs of New York. Except for gas. Gas in the West Bank costs 3 times as much.

As for Hamas, I think the Syrian revolution proved they don't take orders from anyone.

Location hidden

#65793 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Well then, back to being "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Hamas would provide better governance but along the way to getting where they are, they managed to land on the US terrorist list. Any idea how that could happen? Anyone? Because they're terrorists.
They refuse to recognize Israel and to renounce violence and they insist on these ridiculous pseudo-military exercises that are only good for making Palestinians dead. How can that be better than the corrupt Fatah organization? Think back to when we first started our conversation Ahmad. Remember what I said about politics and politicians...it's all about the money. If they tell you anything else, anything, they lied.
I guess the only question left to answer is how many more times you guys can afford to rerun this cycle because nobody seems to be learning from it. From what I've seen lately, the other Arabs have their own troubles. If you want your own country something will have to change. The Jews are not leaving and you're young, you're smart...find a different way.
Refer to my theory about the US sucking Israel's private parts to know why Hamas is on the terrorist list. And why should they recognize Israel? I've never heard of a respectable resistance movement recognize the very occupying force they're fighting against. Fateh recognized Israel, and we saw how that went.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65794 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
The money is RARELY used for it's originally intended purposes. And even then they hire contractors that do a terrible job and use the cheapest materials to "save" money. Most of the money doesn't even get spent. It's been this way ever since the PA was established. If all the money that was pumped into the PA was utilized properly the WB would look like Dubai right now. The PA is an abomination. They fked the economy so bad now we have the income average of a 5th world country and the living costs of New York. Except for gas. Gas in the West Bank costs 3 times as much.
As for Hamas, I think the Syrian revolution proved they don't take orders from anyone.
We are going to dig up Yasser Arafat's corpse and go through his pockets.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65795 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Refer to my theory about the US sucking Israel's private parts to know why Hamas is on the terrorist list. And why should they recognize Israel? I've never heard of a respectable resistance movement recognize the very occupying force they're fighting against. Fateh recognized Israel, and we saw how that went.
Y'know, Hamas may not take orders from anyone but they do take requests, just ask Iran.

And don't even think you can weasel your way out of this. Hamas not only earned their spot on the list, they embrace it. No,you own it whether you want it or not.

I see we've danced the entire circle (again). Enjoy your resistance like a good cigar Ahmad...sooner or later they'll both kill you but at least with the cigar you enjoy some of it.

Location hidden

#65796 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Y'know, Hamas may not take orders from anyone but they do take requests, just ask Iran.
And don't even think you can weasel your way out of this. Hamas not only earned their spot on the list, they embrace it. No,you own it whether you want it or not.
I see we've danced the entire circle (again). Enjoy your resistance like a good cigar Ahmad...sooner or later they'll both kill you but at least with the cigar you enjoy some of it.
Not even requests. Iran asked Hamas to support Assad, but the opposite happened.

Too bad good cigars are both illegal and expensive. Argileh will do for now.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65797 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even requests. Iran asked Hamas to support Assad, but the opposite happened.
Too bad good cigars are both illegal and expensive. Argileh will do for now.
Yeah, when the going gets tough, the tough bug out. Very admirable. Fajr-5's a parting gift?

Where are cigars illegal?

Location hidden

#65798 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, when the going gets tough, the tough bug out. Very admirable. Fajr-5's a parting gift?
Iran said that it would support Hamas unconditionally. It also said something along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

I'm not an expert on Cigars. They're probably not illegal.

Location hidden

#65799 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, when the going gets tough, the tough bug out. Very admirable. Fajr-5's a parting gift?
And it is admirable. A resistance movement should not be involved in suppressing a rebellion against a dictatorship. Not to mention it's none of Hamas's business.
Iran said it gave the Fajr-5 technology to Hamas. Now it's called M-75 by Hamas.

Location hidden

#65800 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
I do love the boy's engagement. Always have, sometimes. It's a love- hate relationship. But, not like Faith's. Egads. I'm glad I'm back for awhile. Can you feel the heat? I can hardly wait to post. Loooooooooooooooser!

Location hidden

#65801 Nov 26, 2012

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65802 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is admirable. A resistance movement should not be involved in suppressing a rebellion against a dictatorship. Not to mention it's none of Hamas's business.
Iran said it gave the Fajr-5 technology to Hamas. Now it's called M-75 by Hamas.
Of course, of course. Assad just rolled out the red carpet for Palestinians at his finest refugee resorts because of unconditional love and when the time came for Hamas to share the love..."sorry, we don't want to get involved". I understand completely, no rats leaving sinking ships analogy here.

It'll definitely be easier to pronounce M-75.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65803 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
I do love the boy's engagement. Always have, sometimes. It's a love- hate relationship. But, not like Faith's. Egads. I'm glad I'm back for awhile. Can you feel the heat? I can hardly wait to post. Loooooooooooooooser!
1:28.

If it were COD, I'd tell Hamas to return the game for a refund.

Location hidden

#65804 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, of course. Assad just rolled out the red carpet for Palestinians at his finest refugee resorts because of unconditional love and when the time came for Hamas to share the love..."sorry, we don't want to get involved". I understand completely, no rats leaving sinking ships analogy here.
It'll definitely be easier to pronounce M-75.
So if Hamas had supported Assad, they would have been tools. But since they haven't, they're ungrateful bastards!
Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65805 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Iran said that it would support Hamas unconditionally. It also said something along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
I'm not an expert on Cigars. They're probably not illegal.
Israel could handle Iran all by its lonesome, muslim-ass-kicking self, but in the event of a war with Iran, you-know-who is sure to jump in and get even for that bit of savagery in 1979.
About the cigars......My belief is that America should send a dozen or so troops to invade Cuba, overthrow the junta (but not kill anyone) and return control of the island to the Mafia. They did a much better job with it.....Peace, you stupid b*tch.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65806 Nov 26, 2012
"CAIRO - One of the Israeli military's most visible spokesmen is under fire for a photo he posted on his Facebook page captioned "Obama style" in which his face is smeared with mud."

Under fire? They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 min RACE 639
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 min RACE 1,299
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 178,585
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 7 min RACE 7,795
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min shinningelectr0n 1,115,118
Word (Dec '08) 9 min RACE 4,753
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 11 min RACE 1,501
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr PEllen 98,344

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]