Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 2,996)

Showing posts 59,901 - 59,920 of67,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65771
Nov 26, 2012
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if there are any "I know a sand monkey" mugs and tee shirts. They'd make great stocking-stuffers cuz everyone enjoys being called that.
Yeah and maybe "ya dumb bitch" might also be cute. ;)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65772
Nov 26, 2012
 
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and maybe "ya dumb bitch" might also be cute. ;)
Got it already (although it's currently in the dishwasher).

Don't you just love how far we've progressed in four short years? We've gone from name-calling and finger-pointing to...

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65773
Nov 26, 2012
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Got it already (although it's currently in the dishwasher).
Don't you just love how far we've progressed in four short years? We've gone from name-calling and finger-pointing to...
It's more fun than a tornado in a trailer park.

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65774
Nov 26, 2012
 
It's more fun than a barrel of sand monkeys.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65775
Nov 26, 2012
 
Ize Lost wrote:
It's more fun than a barrel of sand monkeys.
More fun than a clown on fire?

More fun than a room full of nuns with Tourette's syndrome?

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65776
Nov 26, 2012
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>More fun than a clown on fire?
More fun than a room full of nuns with Tourette's syndrome?
Are you fond of "fairy tales"? These are some real dumb fckrs.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65777
Nov 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you fond of "fairy tales"? These are some real dumb fckrs.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...
I'll try to put this in COD terms so even Ahmad will underastand.

Do you know what you call someone with a 1:28 k/d ratio?

HINT: It starts with "L" and ends with "ooooooooooooser"!

The fact that they can still fog a mirror is a victory to these jagoffs.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65780
Nov 26, 2012
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try to put this in COD terms so even Ahmad will underastand.
Do you know what you call someone with a 1:28 k/d ratio?
HINT: It starts with "L" and ends with "ooooooooooooser"!
The fact that they can still fog a mirror is a victory to these jagoffs.
"Even" I will understand?

I never claimed Hamas had a clear military victory Israel. But the rules of the game have changed. Gaza has a deterrent, and Israel can't march it's army into Gaza whenever they want. They can't assassinate individuals at their will because they realize now half the country will be underground for days if they commit any act of aggression against Gaza.

And since when was the number of casualties an indicator of victory or defeat. Algerians lost a million people fighting the French, but they EARNED their freedom eventually. The Soviets lost more than 18 million people in WW2. The Vietnamese lost 2 million people in the Vietnam war. Millions upon millions were killed by Japan in China and other countries in Southeast Asia.

Palestinians must accept the fact that a lot more people are going to die in the coming wars. This is the only way to achieve peace. You can't beg for a state, you have to fight for it. And even a Palestinian state on the 67 borders must be fought for. If you expect Israel to give all the settlements and stolen lands back to Palestinians because they're "well behaved", then you must be living in another dimension where conflicts are resolved by meetings and "negotiating".

What does the PA have to offer Israel in return for peace? Absolutely nothing. And why should Israel pull out of the West Bank and remove all settlements when there's nothing that threatens their security?

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65781
Nov 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> "Even" I will understand?
I never claimed Hamas had a clear military victory Israel. But the rules of the game have changed. Gaza has a deterrent, and Israel can't march it's army into Gaza whenever they want. They can't assassinate individuals at their will because they realize now half the country will be underground for days if they commit any act of aggression against Gaza.
And since when was the number of casualties an indicator of victory or defeat. Algerians lost a million people fighting the French, but they EARNED their freedom eventually. The Soviets lost more than 18 million people in WW2. The Vietnamese lost 2 million people in the Vietnam war. Millions upon millions were killed by Japan in China and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Palestinians must accept the fact that a lot more people are going to die in the coming wars. This is the only way to achieve peace. You can't beg for a state, you have to fight for it. And even a Palestinian state on the 67 borders must be fought for. If you expect Israel to give all the settlements and stolen lands back to Palestinians because they're "well behaved", then you must be living in another dimension where conflicts are resolved by meetings and "negotiating".
What does the PA have to offer Israel in return for peace? Absolutely nothing. And why should Israel pull out of the West Bank and remove all settlements when there's nothing that threatens their security?
You sound all grown up.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65782
Nov 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> "Even" I will understand?
I never claimed Hamas had a clear military victory Israel. But the rules of the game have changed. Gaza has a deterrent, and Israel can't march it's army into Gaza whenever they want. They can't assassinate individuals at their will because they realize now half the country will be underground for days if they commit any act of aggression against Gaza.
And since when was the number of casualties an indicator of victory or defeat. Algerians lost a million people fighting the French, but they EARNED their freedom eventually. The Soviets lost more than 18 million people in WW2. The Vietnamese lost 2 million people in the Vietnam war. Millions upon millions were killed by Japan in China and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Palestinians must accept the fact that a lot more people are going to die in the coming wars. This is the only way to achieve peace. You can't beg for a state, you have to fight for it. And even a Palestinian state on the 67 borders must be fought for. If you expect Israel to give all the settlements and stolen lands back to Palestinians because they're "well behaved", then you must be living in another dimension where conflicts are resolved by meetings and "negotiating".
What does the PA have to offer Israel in return for peace? Absolutely nothing. And why should Israel pull out of the West Bank and remove all settlements when there's nothing that threatens their security?
You see, that's where your mistake lies. Believing that having longer range rockets changes the game in a good way is fatal fallacy. Had the conflict continued, and there were quite a few voices calling for that, a strike against a metro that actually caused damage would have brought down the full wrath of the IDF. Hamas was lucky they turned it off when they did.

I admit you make a compelling argument for continuing the struggle except that you have yet to reach stage 1...unity. In fact, today's scoop out of Gaza is that Fatah doesn't get to share the warm-fuzzies for "winning the war" since they did nothing. That doesn't sound like a population on the verge of uniting.

I suggest you look for another way.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65783
Nov 26, 2012
 
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You see, that's where your mistake lies. Believing that having longer range rockets changes the game in a good way is fatal fallacy. Had the conflict continued, and there were quite a few voices calling for that, a strike against a metro that actually caused damage would have brought down the full wrath of the IDF. Hamas was lucky they turned it off when they did.
I admit you make a compelling argument for continuing the struggle except that you have yet to reach stage 1...unity. In fact, today's scoop out of Gaza is that Fatah doesn't get to share the warm-fuzzies for "winning the war" since they did nothing. That doesn't sound like a population on the verge of uniting.
I suggest you look for another way.
There's no denying Hamas is outgunned and outnumbered by Israel. It would be silly to think Hamas can defeat Israel in a direct fight, We're talking about 10 thousand Hamas fighters going against 80 thousand soldiers with air and artillery support, not to mention the armored vehicles and Tanks. But still, I think Hamas has mastered guerrilla warfare. Israel would probably be able to successfully control all of Gaza, but that would be for a limited time only. They simply can't withstand to stay in Gaza. There would be too many deaths on both sides (a lot more on our side, obviously). There's a reason Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, back when Hamas wasn't nearly as strong as it is today.

I just don't see Hamas uniting with Fateh. Hamas has honest people, while Fateh is rotten to the core. Their only concern is their interest. They don't give crap about a Palestinian state as long as their pockets are full of US and EU money. Everytime the money is about to run out, they threaten to let the PA collapse, and then the US comes to the rescue with more money because Israel doesn't want to be responsible for the West Bank. This is a cycle that has repeated itself over and over again. Right now the PA is almost out of money again, which is my Mr.Abbas is making a big fuzz about going to the UN.

You might want to read this article to get an idea of how corrupt our beloved PA is.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our PA makes Hamid Karazai's government look like saints. And I'm taking from personal experience with those bastards.

I really believe that Hamas are sincere in their efforts to reconcile with Fateh. But unity with Hamas, if achieved, will harm the interests of Fateh's top thugs, which is why it will never happen as long as these people are in charge of Fateh.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65784
Nov 26, 2012
 
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound all grown up.
Life does weird things to people.

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65785
Nov 26, 2012
 
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no denying Hamas is outgunned and outnumbered by Israel. It would be silly to think Hamas can defeat Israel in a direct fight, We're talking about 10 thousand Hamas fighters going against 80 thousand soldiers with air and artillery support, not to mention the armored vehicles and Tanks. But still, I think Hamas has mastered guerrilla warfare. Israel would probably be able to successfully control all of Gaza, but that would be for a limited time only. They simply can't withstand to stay in Gaza. There would be too many deaths on both sides (a lot more on our side, obviously). There's a reason Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, back when Hamas wasn't nearly as strong as it is today.
I just don't see Hamas uniting with Fateh. Hamas has honest people, while Fateh is rotten to the core. Their only concern is their interest. They don't give crap about a Palestinian state as long as their pockets are full of US and EU money. Everytime the money is about to run out, they threaten to let the PA collapse, and then the US comes to the rescue with more money because Israel doesn't want to be responsible for the West Bank. This is a cycle that has repeated itself over and over again. Right now the PA is almost out of money again, which is my Mr.Abbas is making a big fuzz about going to the UN.
You might want to read this article to get an idea of how corrupt our beloved PA is.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our PA makes Hamid Karazai's government look like saints. And I'm taking from personal experience with those bastards.
I really believe that Hamas are sincere in their efforts to reconcile with Fateh. But unity with Hamas, if achieved, will harm the interests of Fateh's top thugs, which is why it will never happen as long as these people are in charge of Fateh.
"This business success has come with a helping hand from Uncle Sam: According to a Reuters report, Abbas's company received $1.89 million from USAID in 2005 to build a sewage system in the West Bank town of Hebron." Did this sewage system ever get built? If so, so what? You can make money, provide a needed service or you can receive free rockets from countries that want to use you as tool for their own greedy reasons. If the money went elsewhere, I'll be dog-gone. You seemed to have boned up on current events, as well as history, that are applicable YOU. I can hardly wait for your response.

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65786
Nov 26, 2012
 
Falcon Electromechanical Company

Seems like they hitched their wagons to something bigger than Gaza. Why not? Countries, like Jordan, aren't worrying about rockets being fired at Israel and the obvious retaliation. Nothing tears up a million dollar project like a few F-16's. Boo hoo

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65787
Nov 26, 2012
 
Check out the headline. Is that supposed to be "Enema"?
http://www.topix.com/topstories/egypt

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65788
Nov 26, 2012
 
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no denying Hamas is outgunned and outnumbered by Israel. It would be silly to think Hamas can defeat Israel in a direct fight, We're talking about 10 thousand Hamas fighters going against 80 thousand soldiers with air and artillery support, not to mention the armored vehicles and Tanks. But still, I think Hamas has mastered guerrilla warfare. Israel would probably be able to successfully control all of Gaza, but that would be for a limited time only. They simply can't withstand to stay in Gaza. There would be too many deaths on both sides (a lot more on our side, obviously). There's a reason Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, back when Hamas wasn't nearly as strong as it is today.
I just don't see Hamas uniting with Fateh. Hamas has honest people, while Fateh is rotten to the core. Their only concern is their interest. They don't give crap about a Palestinian state as long as their pockets are full of US and EU money. Everytime the money is about to run out, they threaten to let the PA collapse, and then the US comes to the rescue with more money because Israel doesn't want to be responsible for the West Bank. This is a cycle that has repeated itself over and over again. Right now the PA is almost out of money again, which is my Mr.Abbas is making a big fuzz about going to the UN.
You might want to read this article to get an idea of how corrupt our beloved PA is.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our PA makes Hamid Karazai's government look like saints. And I'm taking from personal experience with those bastards.
I really believe that Hamas are sincere in their efforts to reconcile with Fateh. But unity with Hamas, if achieved, will harm the interests of Fateh's top thugs, which is why it will never happen as long as these people are in charge of Fateh.
Well then, back to being "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Hamas would provide better governance but along the way to getting where they are, they managed to land on the US terrorist list. Any idea how that could happen? Anyone? Because they're terrorists.

They refuse to recognize Israel and to renounce violence and they insist on these ridiculous pseudo-military exercises that are only good for making Palestinians dead. How can that be better than the corrupt Fatah organization? Think back to when we first started our conversation Ahmad. Remember what I said about politics and politicians...it's all about the money. If they tell you anything else, anything, they lied.

I guess the only question left to answer is how many more times you guys can afford to rerun this cycle because nobody seems to be learning from it. From what I've seen lately, the other Arabs have their own troubles. If you want your own country something will have to change. The Jews are not leaving and you're young, you're smart...find a different way.

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65789
Nov 26, 2012
 
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and maybe "ya dumb bitch" might also be cute. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65790
Nov 26, 2012
 
FaithUSA wrote:
Nothin like fresh chub after supper.:>)
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65791
Nov 26, 2012
 
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothin like fresh chub after supper.:>)
RE: My people's relationship with your people......

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65792
Nov 26, 2012
 
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
"This business success has come with a helping hand from Uncle Sam: According to a Reuters report, Abbas's company received $1.89 million from USAID in 2005 to build a sewage system in the West Bank town of Hebron." Did this sewage system ever get built? If so, so what? You can make money, provide a needed service or you can receive free rockets from countries that want to use you as tool for their own greedy reasons. If the money went elsewhere, I'll be dog-gone. You seemed to have boned up on current events, as well as history, that are applicable YOU. I can hardly wait for your response.
The money is RARELY used for it's originally intended purposes. And even then they hire contractors that do a terrible job and use the cheapest materials to "save" money. Most of the money doesn't even get spent. It's been this way ever since the PA was established. If all the money that was pumped into the PA was utilized properly the WB would look like Dubai right now. The PA is an abomination. They fked the economy so bad now we have the income average of a 5th world country and the living costs of New York. Except for gas. Gas in the West Bank costs 3 times as much.

As for Hamas, I think the Syrian revolution proved they don't take orders from anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,901 - 59,920 of67,186
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min the cleaner 1,033,702
snapchat gay names 21 min stoner-stud 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,401
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,970
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 54 min prognosticator 96,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 42,933
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••