Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65764 Nov 25, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Those are white too.
I like the umpire who stops them before they do something REALLY stupid.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65765 Nov 25, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I like the umpire who stops them before they do something REALLY stupid.
Safety is always their number 1 priority.

Location hidden

#65766 Nov 25, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are really taking liberty with the term "white" now, sand-monkey.
Monkeys can't live in the sand ya dumb bitch.

“Quality is always an accident”

Location hidden

#65768 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Monkeys can't live in the sand ya dumb bitch.
As you can see, you don't know everything. Sand Monkey:

A reference to a person who has had a prolonged sexual drought. These people usually can be tagged with the name 'sand monkey' after a period beyond 5 months of sexual inactivity.
Ahmad hasnt picked up in ages, hes such a sand monkey

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65769 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Safety is always their number 1 priority.
Ah, yes...the pound of cure.

No wonder you don't like these guys, hasn't anyone ever discussed an ounce of prevention?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65770 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
As you can see, you don't know everything. Sand Monkey:
A reference to a person who has had a prolonged sexual drought. These people usually can be tagged with the name 'sand monkey' after a period beyond 5 months of sexual inactivity.
Ahmad hasnt picked up in ages, hes such a sand monkey
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
I wonder if there are any "I know a sand monkey" mugs and tee shirts. They'd make great stocking-stuffers cuz everyone enjoys being called that.

Location hidden

#65771 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if there are any "I know a sand monkey" mugs and tee shirts. They'd make great stocking-stuffers cuz everyone enjoys being called that.
Yeah and maybe "ya dumb bitch" might also be cute. ;)

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65772 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and maybe "ya dumb bitch" might also be cute. ;)
Got it already (although it's currently in the dishwasher).

Don't you just love how far we've progressed in four short years? We've gone from name-calling and finger-pointing to...

Location hidden

#65773 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Got it already (although it's currently in the dishwasher).
Don't you just love how far we've progressed in four short years? We've gone from name-calling and finger-pointing to...
It's more fun than a tornado in a trailer park.

Location hidden

#65774 Nov 26, 2012
It's more fun than a barrel of sand monkeys.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65775 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
It's more fun than a barrel of sand monkeys.
More fun than a clown on fire?

More fun than a room full of nuns with Tourette's syndrome?

Location hidden

#65776 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>More fun than a clown on fire?
More fun than a room full of nuns with Tourette's syndrome?
Are you fond of "fairy tales"? These are some real dumb fckrs.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65777 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you fond of "fairy tales"? These are some real dumb fckrs.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...
I'll try to put this in COD terms so even Ahmad will underastand.

Do you know what you call someone with a 1:28 k/d ratio?

HINT: It starts with "L" and ends with "ooooooooooooser"!

The fact that they can still fog a mirror is a victory to these jagoffs.

Location hidden

#65780 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try to put this in COD terms so even Ahmad will underastand.
Do you know what you call someone with a 1:28 k/d ratio?
HINT: It starts with "L" and ends with "ooooooooooooser"!
The fact that they can still fog a mirror is a victory to these jagoffs.
"Even" I will understand?

I never claimed Hamas had a clear military victory Israel. But the rules of the game have changed. Gaza has a deterrent, and Israel can't march it's army into Gaza whenever they want. They can't assassinate individuals at their will because they realize now half the country will be underground for days if they commit any act of aggression against Gaza.

And since when was the number of casualties an indicator of victory or defeat. Algerians lost a million people fighting the French, but they EARNED their freedom eventually. The Soviets lost more than 18 million people in WW2. The Vietnamese lost 2 million people in the Vietnam war. Millions upon millions were killed by Japan in China and other countries in Southeast Asia.

Palestinians must accept the fact that a lot more people are going to die in the coming wars. This is the only way to achieve peace. You can't beg for a state, you have to fight for it. And even a Palestinian state on the 67 borders must be fought for. If you expect Israel to give all the settlements and stolen lands back to Palestinians because they're "well behaved", then you must be living in another dimension where conflicts are resolved by meetings and "negotiating".

What does the PA have to offer Israel in return for peace? Absolutely nothing. And why should Israel pull out of the West Bank and remove all settlements when there's nothing that threatens their security?

Location hidden

#65781 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> "Even" I will understand?
I never claimed Hamas had a clear military victory Israel. But the rules of the game have changed. Gaza has a deterrent, and Israel can't march it's army into Gaza whenever they want. They can't assassinate individuals at their will because they realize now half the country will be underground for days if they commit any act of aggression against Gaza.
And since when was the number of casualties an indicator of victory or defeat. Algerians lost a million people fighting the French, but they EARNED their freedom eventually. The Soviets lost more than 18 million people in WW2. The Vietnamese lost 2 million people in the Vietnam war. Millions upon millions were killed by Japan in China and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Palestinians must accept the fact that a lot more people are going to die in the coming wars. This is the only way to achieve peace. You can't beg for a state, you have to fight for it. And even a Palestinian state on the 67 borders must be fought for. If you expect Israel to give all the settlements and stolen lands back to Palestinians because they're "well behaved", then you must be living in another dimension where conflicts are resolved by meetings and "negotiating".
What does the PA have to offer Israel in return for peace? Absolutely nothing. And why should Israel pull out of the West Bank and remove all settlements when there's nothing that threatens their security?
You sound all grown up.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65782 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> "Even" I will understand?
You see, that's where your mistake lies. Believing that having longer range rockets changes the game in a good way is fatal fallacy. Had the conflict continued, and there were quite a few voices calling for that, a strike against a metro that actually caused damage would have brought down the full wrath of the IDF. Hamas was lucky they turned it off when they did.

I admit you make a compelling argument for continuing the struggle except that you have yet to reach stage 1...unity. In fact, today's scoop out of Gaza is that Fatah doesn't get to share the warm-fuzzies for "winning the war" since they did nothing. That doesn't sound like a population on the verge of uniting.

I suggest you look for another way.

Location hidden

#65783 Nov 26, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You see, that's where your mistake lies. Believing that having longer range rockets changes the game in a good way is fatal fallacy. Had the conflict continued, and there were quite a few voices calling for that, a strike against a metro that actually caused damage would have brought down the full wrath of the IDF. Hamas was lucky they turned it off when they did.
I admit you make a compelling argument for continuing the struggle except that you have yet to reach stage 1...unity. In fact, today's scoop out of Gaza is that Fatah doesn't get to share the warm-fuzzies for "winning the war" since they did nothing. That doesn't sound like a population on the verge of uniting.
I suggest you look for another way.
There's no denying Hamas is outgunned and outnumbered by Israel. It would be silly to think Hamas can defeat Israel in a direct fight, We're talking about 10 thousand Hamas fighters going against 80 thousand soldiers with air and artillery support, not to mention the armored vehicles and Tanks. But still, I think Hamas has mastered guerrilla warfare. Israel would probably be able to successfully control all of Gaza, but that would be for a limited time only. They simply can't withstand to stay in Gaza. There would be too many deaths on both sides (a lot more on our side, obviously). There's a reason Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, back when Hamas wasn't nearly as strong as it is today.

I just don't see Hamas uniting with Fateh. Hamas has honest people, while Fateh is rotten to the core. Their only concern is their interest. They don't give crap about a Palestinian state as long as their pockets are full of US and EU money. Everytime the money is about to run out, they threaten to let the PA collapse, and then the US comes to the rescue with more money because Israel doesn't want to be responsible for the West Bank. This is a cycle that has repeated itself over and over again. Right now the PA is almost out of money again, which is my Mr.Abbas is making a big fuzz about going to the UN.

You might want to read this article to get an idea of how corrupt our beloved PA is.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our PA makes Hamid Karazai's government look like saints. And I'm taking from personal experience with those bastards.

I really believe that Hamas are sincere in their efforts to reconcile with Fateh. But unity with Hamas, if achieved, will harm the interests of Fateh's top thugs, which is why it will never happen as long as these people are in charge of Fateh.

Location hidden

#65784 Nov 26, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound all grown up.
Life does weird things to people.

Location hidden

#65785 Nov 26, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no denying Hamas is outgunned and outnumbered by Israel. It would be silly to think Hamas can defeat Israel in a direct fight, We're talking about 10 thousand Hamas fighters going against 80 thousand soldiers with air and artillery support, not to mention the armored vehicles and Tanks. But still, I think Hamas has mastered guerrilla warfare. Israel would probably be able to successfully control all of Gaza, but that would be for a limited time only. They simply can't withstand to stay in Gaza. There would be too many deaths on both sides (a lot more on our side, obviously). There's a reason Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, back when Hamas wasn't nearly as strong as it is today.
I just don't see Hamas uniting with Fateh. Hamas has honest people, while Fateh is rotten to the core. Their only concern is their interest. They don't give crap about a Palestinian state as long as their pockets are full of US and EU money. Everytime the money is about to run out, they threaten to let the PA collapse, and then the US comes to the rescue with more money because Israel doesn't want to be responsible for the West Bank. This is a cycle that has repeated itself over and over again. Right now the PA is almost out of money again, which is my Mr.Abbas is making a big fuzz about going to the UN.
You might want to read this article to get an idea of how corrupt our beloved PA is.
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06...
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Our PA makes Hamid Karazai's government look like saints. And I'm taking from personal experience with those bastards.
I really believe that Hamas are sincere in their efforts to reconcile with Fateh. But unity with Hamas, if achieved, will harm the interests of Fateh's top thugs, which is why it will never happen as long as these people are in charge of Fateh.
"This business success has come with a helping hand from Uncle Sam: According to a Reuters report, Abbas's company received $1.89 million from USAID in 2005 to build a sewage system in the West Bank town of Hebron." Did this sewage system ever get built? If so, so what? You can make money, provide a needed service or you can receive free rockets from countries that want to use you as tool for their own greedy reasons. If the money went elsewhere, I'll be dog-gone. You seemed to have boned up on current events, as well as history, that are applicable YOU. I can hardly wait for your response.

Location hidden

#65786 Nov 26, 2012
Falcon Electromechanical Company

Seems like they hitched their wagons to something bigger than Gaza. Why not? Countries, like Jordan, aren't worrying about rockets being fired at Israel and the obvious retaliation. Nothing tears up a million dollar project like a few F-16's. Boo hoo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Mister J 1,115,847
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Earthling-1 47,083
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min Jonah1 50,078
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 36 min Nono 4,060
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 56 min Le Jimbo 6
Amy 10-2 1 hr he who knows 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,625
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 98,375
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]