Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 2,991)

Showing posts 59,801 - 59,820 of67,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Of course I did :)
Hey man, happy belated Eid! How they hangin'?

Not for nothing but you both sound about the same as four years ago. I suppose the reasons are all still there but I can't help wonder what will happen to unification and progress towards Palestinian nationalism now that Israel isn't going to be giving Hamas' leadership their daily haircut.

All it took for your guys to pledge unity was a rising casualty count. Will it go anywhere now that there's no need to feign brotherhood?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hey man, happy belated Eid! How they hangin'?
Not for nothing but you both sound about the same as four years ago. I suppose the reasons are all still there but I can't help wonder what will happen to unification and progress towards Palestinian nationalism now that Israel isn't going to be giving Hamas' leadership their daily haircut.
All it took for your guys to pledge unity was a rising casualty count. Will it go anywhere now that there's no need to feign brotherhood?
I wonder why Israel would agree to such a thing. pledging to stop assassination that is. It might have something to do with Hamas's dwindling capabilities, or Hamas being a joke.

To answer your question, I don't really know. All I know is there's an increasing sense of solidarity with Hamas in the WB. For the first time in years people are actually allowed to raise Hamas flags and shout pro-Hamas slogans in demonstration. Meanwhile no one hears about Abbas or his flock.

Hey, I see you have a bunch of emblems now. Trolling hard?

Since: Sep 09

Ramat Gan, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas kept the majority of you people underground for days. If Hamas is a joke, I don't know what that makes you.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...
How does it feel to get sh*t on by a joke?
The fact you take pride and joy from people's suffering tells me so much about you. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd notice the poor Gazans didn't even have an underground to go to, nobody gives about their safety and their would be saviors put them in harms way as a policy.

Yours is a culture of hate and sufferring, you become ecstatic over blood spelt and misery spread. If I didn't know better from the history of my people's suffering by the Germans, I'd say you weren't fit to be called humans. Sadly you are human, a perfect example of the depths of the Abyss the human spul is capable of going down.

I'll say it again, you see "keeping the majority of your people underground for days" as an achievement, I see it as a failure of their human soul. As a moral bankruptcy.

When Gazans suffer I take no pride or joy, all we ever asked for is a place under the sun, where the wolf lies down with the lamb, i'll give you free reign in deciding who is which.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you take pride and joy from people's suffering tells me so much about you. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd notice the poor Gazans didn't even have an underground to go to, nobody gives about their safety and their would be saviors put them in harms way as a policy.
Yours is a culture of hate and sufferring, you become ecstatic over blood spelt and misery spread. If I didn't know better from the history of my people's suffering by the Germans, I'd say you weren't fit to be called humans. Sadly you are human, a perfect example of the depths of the Abyss the human spul is capable of going down.
I'll say it again, you see "keeping the majority of your people underground for days" as an achievement, I see it as a failure of their human soul. As a moral bankruptcy.
When Gazans suffer I take no pride or joy, all we ever asked for is a place under the sun, where the wolf lies down with the lamb, i'll give you free reign in deciding who is which.
Awww you're such a sweetheart. You really care that much about Gazans?*wipes tears*
And here I am thinking you're just another lying Zionist war criminal who goes on indiscriminate killing rampages and then claims he cares about civilians.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

BTW, Eran,I don't take pride in people's suffering. But unfortunately for both of us, Palestinians don't have advanced weaponry. You see, Hamas was aiming at military targets the whole time, but those rockets can swerve sometimes and land on civilian areas.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

And I should really start writing down my passwords.

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Omar A wrote:
BTW, Eran,I don't take pride in people's suffering. But unfortunately for both of us, Palestinians don't have advanced weaponry. You see, Hamas was aiming at military targets the whole time, but those rockets can swerve sometimes and land on civilian areas.
Sometimes I'm not sure if some pen pals are for real, or just cynics. Whats next, hamas for firing for the moon and missed?

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Omar A wrote:
<quoted text>Awww you're such a sweetheart. You really care that much about Gazans?*wipes tears*
And here I am thinking you're just another lying Zionist war criminal who goes on indiscriminate killing rampages and then claims he cares about civilians.
I'll admit that other then owing them what they are due as human beings, I couldn't care less about the Gazans, they hate me and they support those who try to kill me. It doesn't mean I want them to suffer though, I'm not that kind of person, I'm nothing like you.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder why Israel would agree to such a thing. pledging to stop assassination that is. It might have something to do with Hamas's dwindling capabilities, or Hamas being a joke.
To answer your question, I don't really know. All I know is there's an increasing sense of solidarity with Hamas in the WB. For the first time in years people are actually allowed to raise Hamas flags and shout pro-Hamas slogans in demonstration. Meanwhile no one hears about Abbas or his flock.
Hey, I see you have a bunch of emblems now. Trolling hard?
Hardly trolling...respect my authoritah!(It's just a game)

As much as I'd love to go back to square one and call your guys terrorists while bombing them into concrete aggregate, I'll instead give you a rare attaboy...Palestinian unity is my personal prerequisite for any kind of meaningful discussion with Israel. You can't make peace with your outside enemies until your inner ones are calmed. If the truce holds, and if Hamas and Fatah can somehow manage to coexist, this might be the year for celebration, we shall see.

On the other hand, what are the chances of that really happening? That this is not just a rerun as the Palestinian's situation circles the bowl? A lot still has to happen for this cease fire to reach maturity.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Omar A wrote:
And I should really start writing down my passwords.
Hah! I'm supposed to be the tottering old fool? Make sure you save it on your phone with some cryptic reference to Farfur the Mouse. Nobody would ever guess that one.

Hah!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> It was your government who begged for a cease-fire.
AND it was you who declared it after agreeing to Hamas's terms. Sucker.
You still think Israel was successful in 2008? After all, now Hamas can hit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and beyond. Next time they'll reach Haifa, Yafa, the Jalil mountains. Heck, maybe they'll send a couple rockets to Golan heights.
War after war, failure after failure, and every time Palestinians come out stronger. NatenYAHOO still planning on destroying Hamas?
Doubt he'll have another chance.
Of Course.....of course. Another stunning arab "victory". Like 1967. And like when Saddam defeated the Americans in 1991. Cling to your dreams.....It's all you have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the level of stupidity has increased in my absence (by default). You see, Faith, the US does not occupy parts of Mexico (except for California maybe?). So Mexicans shooting rockets at Arizona would not be justified. Palestinians, on the other hand, are under Zionist occupation. This grants them the universal right of resistance. You might call it terrorism due to a certain set of prejudices you have against the wonderful people of Palestine, but that won't change the fact that Palestinians are still fighting to this day because they are occupied.
There is no "occupation". The so-called "palestinians" are a contrived people. They are Egyptians, Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians.

Muslims do not hate Jews because of Israel. They hate Israel because it is a Jewish country. Their constant squalling about "zionism" and the "plight" of the "palestinians" are smoke and mirror issues designed to lend legitimacy to the burning hatred of Jews that is endemic to Islam. If the muslims were so concerned about the "palestinians"....Th ey would be helping them. The fact is that aside from Israel itself, the USA gives more aid to West Bank/Gaza than any other nation.

In Michigan we have a campaign to support products made in Michigan. We call it Pure Michigan.
One of my favorites is produced by Midland based Dow Chemical....

White phosphorous....Pure Michigan!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas kept the majority of you people underground for days. If Hamas is a joke, I don't know what that makes you.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...
How does it feel to get sh*t on by a joke?
Yes....Hamas showed them! I saw a news clip of the arabs celebrating the cease fire in the usual muslim fashion....They were dancing around firing their guns into the air and chanting "D'eath to America". That goes a long way in selling their "cause" to Americans. The USA, Canada, ANZAC, EU and pretty much any nation that is rational designates Hamas as a terrorist organization. That's what they are....terrorists and cowards.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Happy Thanksgiving!

(unless you live in the middle east...instead Happy Thursday!)
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

I can't get enough of this guy. It's pure gold..

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Faith wrote:
I can't get enough of this guy. It's pure gold..
Al-Sahaf...from the Arabic for "charisma", loosely translated:Pants on fire.
no war 4 israel USA 1st

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

TRD wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving!
(unless you live in the middle east...instead Happy Thursday!)
LOL

“Quality is always an accident”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/world/middl... ;

Mr. Brown summarized Mr. Morsiís overall message:ďI, Morsi, am all powerful. And in my first act as being all powerful, I declare myself more powerful still. But donít worry ó itís just for a little while.Ē

Are you surprised? I'm not.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Ize Lost wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11 /23/world/middleeast/egypts-pr esident-morsi-gives-himself-ne w-powers.html?partner=rss& partner=TOPIXNEWS&_r=1 &
Mr. Brown summarized Mr. Morsiís overall message:ďI, Morsi, am all powerful. And in my first act as being all powerful, I declare myself more powerful still. But donít worry ó itís just for a little while.Ē
Are you surprised? I'm not.
That's what Yul Brynner said.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>There is no "occupation". The so-called "palestinians" are a contrived people. They are Egyptians, Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians.
Muslims do not hate Jews because of Israel. They hate Israel because it is a Jewish country. Their constant squalling about "zionism" and the "plight" of the "palestinians" are smoke and mirror issues designed to lend legitimacy to the burning hatred of Jews that is endemic to Islam. If the muslims were so concerned about the "palestinians"....Th ey would be helping them. The fact is that aside from Israel itself, the USA gives more aid to West Bank/Gaza than any other nation.
In Michigan we have a campaign to support products made in Michigan. We call it Pure Michigan.
One of my favorites is produced by Midland based Dow Chemical....
White phosphorous....Pure Michigan!
Oh thanks for letting us know. We'll pack our stuff right away.. We're leaving this land for it's REAL natives. Russians and Ethiopians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,801 - 59,820 of67,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,034,370
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,162
Abby 4-20 9 min Cass 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min litesong 43,019
GOOGLE Ignores EASTER every year 26 min Buckeye 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 33 min It is Time 3,781
Amy 4-20 35 min Cass 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min wojar 167,656
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 96,145
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance