Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
59,781 - 59,800 of 68,395 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65655 Nov 21, 2012
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
"Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease fire"
Yup, still relevant... as if 2008 never truly ended.
I guess I'll be seeing you all here in a couple more years for round 3.
It was your government who begged for a cease-fire.
AND it was you who declared it after agreeing to Hamas's terms. Sucker.

You still think Israel was successful in 2008? After all, now Hamas can hit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and beyond. Next time they'll reach Haifa, Yafa, the Jalil mountains. Heck, maybe they'll send a couple rockets to Golan heights.

War after war, failure after failure, and every time Palestinians come out stronger. NatenYAHOO still planning on destroying Hamas?
Doubt he'll have another chance.

Location hidden

#65656 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
Come...stroll with me down memory lane:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
At least he told the truth but it would seem that "long time" is a relative term.
Of course I did :)

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65657 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> It was your government who begged for a cease-fire.
You still think Israel was successful in 2008? After all, now Hamas can hit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and beyond. Next time they'll reach Haifa, Yafa, the Jalil mountains. Heck, maybe they'll send a couple rockets to Golan heights.
War after war, failure after failure, and every time Palestinians come out stronger. NatenYAHOO still planning on destroying Hamas?
Only in a world of bloodthirst and petty vengence did Hamas gain any achievement in this recent round. Lobbing rockets on Israeli civilian population is no military gain, its a moral bankruptcy. Military wise, hamas was impotent.

For Israel every civilian killed, Israeli or Palestinian, is a failure. For Hamas, every civilian killed is a gain, be it Israeli or if all else fails, Palestinians for enhanced international criticism against Israel.

When both sides calculate victory so adversly, it might appear as if Hamas won by surviving to cause chaos and mayham for another day. I simply refuse to adopt this kind of valuation. Life and its presevation is the ultimate vairtue and if this cease fire lasts, it is a clear victory for those who charish and value the well being of mankind.

Military wise, Israel once again showed how much of a gap it has over the Palestinian terror organizations and their Iranian patrons. Iron dome alone made Iran's weapons of mayham seem utterly useless.

Location hidden

#65658 Nov 22, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas relishes the death of their own children. It gives them what they crave......victimhood. Try to imagine a situation where terrorists were firing rockets into Arizona from Mexico. Do you think the USA would allow 800 to hit before Mexico was decimated? Would our government allow it to go on for a couple years? I'm guessing it would take about 4 hours before we whipped out the jets.
I see the level of stupidity has increased in my absence (by default). You see, Faith, the US does not occupy parts of Mexico (except for California maybe?). So Mexicans shooting rockets at Arizona would not be justified. Palestinians, on the other hand, are under Zionist occupation. This grants them the universal right of resistance. You might call it terrorism due to a certain set of prejudices you have against the wonderful people of Palestine, but that won't change the fact that Palestinians are still fighting to this day because they are occupied.

Location hidden

#65659 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Only in a world of bloodthirst and petty vengence did Hamas gain any achievement in this recent round. Lobbing rockets on Israeli civilian population is no military gain, its a moral bankruptcy. Military wise, hamas was impotent.
For Israel every civilian killed, Israeli or Palestinian, is a failure. For Hamas, every civilian killed is a gain, be it Israeli or if all else fails, Palestinians for enhanced international criticism against Israel.
When both sides calculate victory so adversly, it might appear as if Hamas won by surviving to cause chaos and mayham for another day. I simply refuse to adopt this kind of valuation. Life and its presevation is the ultimate vairtue and if this cease fire lasts, it is a clear victory for those who charish and value the well being of mankind.
Military wise, Israel once again showed how much of a gap it has over the Palestinian terror organizations and their Iranian patrons. Iron dome alone made Iran's weapons of mayham seem utterly useless.
I'm sick of this broken record. Four years and you still repeat the same BS over and over again.
I'm starting to think you actually believe this crap.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65660 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sick of this broken record. Four years and you still repeat the same BS over and over again.
I'm starting to think you actually believe this crap.
Do you deny the IDF could wipe the entire Gaza strip from the face of the earth if it willed so?
Do you doubt Hamas tried with al his might to actually do the same with Israel, yet couldn't claim the lives of more than five people?(That would be five people too many though).

This is the difference, Israel tries to minimize the loss o uninvolvedf human lives, Hamas is trying to maximize it. Their ability to do so is constantly being reduced while Israel's is constantly improving. Do you deny that? Israeled bombed Gaza senseless, the world's most populated area per square mile, yet the civilian per militant ratio of its kills is amazingly low, that is moral and technological superiority right dare. Hamas is a sad joke, a joke played on humanity at large by some cruel god.

Location hidden

#65661 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Do you deny the IDF could wipe the entire Gaza strip from the face of the earth if it willed so?
Do you doubt Hamas tried with al his might to actually do the same with Israel, yet couldn't claim the lives of more than five people?(That would be five people too many though).
This is the difference, Israel tries to minimize the loss o uninvolvedf human lives, Hamas is trying to maximize it. Their ability to do so is constantly being reduced while Israel's is constantly improving. Do you deny that? Israeled bombed Gaza senseless, the world's most populated area per square mile, yet the civilian per militant ratio of its kills is amazingly low, that is moral and technological superiority right dare. Hamas is a sad joke, a joke played on humanity at large by some cruel god.
Hamas kept the majority of you people underground for days. If Hamas is a joke, I don't know what that makes you.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...

How does it feel to get sh*t on by a joke?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65662 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> Of course I did :)
Hey man, happy belated Eid! How they hangin'?

Not for nothing but you both sound about the same as four years ago. I suppose the reasons are all still there but I can't help wonder what will happen to unification and progress towards Palestinian nationalism now that Israel isn't going to be giving Hamas' leadership their daily haircut.

All it took for your guys to pledge unity was a rising casualty count. Will it go anywhere now that there's no need to feign brotherhood?

Location hidden

#65663 Nov 22, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Hey man, happy belated Eid! How they hangin'?
Not for nothing but you both sound about the same as four years ago. I suppose the reasons are all still there but I can't help wonder what will happen to unification and progress towards Palestinian nationalism now that Israel isn't going to be giving Hamas' leadership their daily haircut.
All it took for your guys to pledge unity was a rising casualty count. Will it go anywhere now that there's no need to feign brotherhood?
I wonder why Israel would agree to such a thing. pledging to stop assassination that is. It might have something to do with Hamas's dwindling capabilities, or Hamas being a joke.

To answer your question, I don't really know. All I know is there's an increasing sense of solidarity with Hamas in the WB. For the first time in years people are actually allowed to raise Hamas flags and shout pro-Hamas slogans in demonstration. Meanwhile no one hears about Abbas or his flock.

Hey, I see you have a bunch of emblems now. Trolling hard?

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65664 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas kept the majority of you people underground for days. If Hamas is a joke, I don't know what that makes you.
The fact you take pride and joy from people's suffering tells me so much about you. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd notice the poor Gazans didn't even have an underground to go to, nobody gives about their safety and their would be saviors put them in harms way as a policy.

Yours is a culture of hate and sufferring, you become ecstatic over blood spelt and misery spread. If I didn't know better from the history of my people's suffering by the Germans, I'd say you weren't fit to be called humans. Sadly you are human, a perfect example of the depths of the Abyss the human spul is capable of going down.

I'll say it again, you see "keeping the majority of your people underground for days" as an achievement, I see it as a failure of their human soul. As a moral bankruptcy.

When Gazans suffer I take no pride or joy, all we ever asked for is a place under the sun, where the wolf lies down with the lamb, i'll give you free reign in deciding who is which.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#65665 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
The fact you take pride and joy from people's suffering tells me so much about you. Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd notice the poor Gazans didn't even have an underground to go to, nobody gives about their safety and their would be saviors put them in harms way as a policy.
Yours is a culture of hate and sufferring, you become ecstatic over blood spelt and misery spread. If I didn't know better from the history of my people's suffering by the Germans, I'd say you weren't fit to be called humans. Sadly you are human, a perfect example of the depths of the Abyss the human spul is capable of going down.
I'll say it again, you see "keeping the majority of your people underground for days" as an achievement, I see it as a failure of their human soul. As a moral bankruptcy.
When Gazans suffer I take no pride or joy, all we ever asked for is a place under the sun, where the wolf lies down with the lamb, i'll give you free reign in deciding who is which.
Awww you're such a sweetheart. You really care that much about Gazans?*wipes tears*
And here I am thinking you're just another lying Zionist war criminal who goes on indiscriminate killing rampages and then claims he cares about civilians.

Location hidden

#65666 Nov 22, 2012
BTW, Eran,I don't take pride in people's suffering. But unfortunately for both of us, Palestinians don't have advanced weaponry. You see, Hamas was aiming at military targets the whole time, but those rockets can swerve sometimes and land on civilian areas.

Location hidden

#65667 Nov 22, 2012
And I should really start writing down my passwords.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65668 Nov 22, 2012
Omar A wrote:
BTW, Eran,I don't take pride in people's suffering. But unfortunately for both of us, Palestinians don't have advanced weaponry. You see, Hamas was aiming at military targets the whole time, but those rockets can swerve sometimes and land on civilian areas.
Sometimes I'm not sure if some pen pals are for real, or just cynics. Whats next, hamas for firing for the moon and missed?

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65669 Nov 22, 2012
Omar A wrote:
<quoted text>Awww you're such a sweetheart. You really care that much about Gazans?*wipes tears*
And here I am thinking you're just another lying Zionist war criminal who goes on indiscriminate killing rampages and then claims he cares about civilians.
I'll admit that other then owing them what they are due as human beings, I couldn't care less about the Gazans, they hate me and they support those who try to kill me. It doesn't mean I want them to suffer though, I'm not that kind of person, I'm nothing like you.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65670 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder why Israel would agree to such a thing. pledging to stop assassination that is. It might have something to do with Hamas's dwindling capabilities, or Hamas being a joke.
To answer your question, I don't really know. All I know is there's an increasing sense of solidarity with Hamas in the WB. For the first time in years people are actually allowed to raise Hamas flags and shout pro-Hamas slogans in demonstration. Meanwhile no one hears about Abbas or his flock.
Hey, I see you have a bunch of emblems now. Trolling hard?
Hardly trolling...respect my authoritah!(It's just a game)

As much as I'd love to go back to square one and call your guys terrorists while bombing them into concrete aggregate, I'll instead give you a rare attaboy...Palestinian unity is my personal prerequisite for any kind of meaningful discussion with Israel. You can't make peace with your outside enemies until your inner ones are calmed. If the truce holds, and if Hamas and Fatah can somehow manage to coexist, this might be the year for celebration, we shall see.

On the other hand, what are the chances of that really happening? That this is not just a rerun as the Palestinian's situation circles the bowl? A lot still has to happen for this cease fire to reach maturity.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65671 Nov 22, 2012
Omar A wrote:
And I should really start writing down my passwords.
Hah! I'm supposed to be the tottering old fool? Make sure you save it on your phone with some cryptic reference to Farfur the Mouse. Nobody would ever guess that one.

Hah!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65672 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> It was your government who begged for a cease-fire.
Of Course.....of course. Another stunning arab "victory". Like 1967. And like when Saddam defeated the Americans in 1991. Cling to your dreams.....It's all you have.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65673 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the level of stupidity has increased in my absence (by default). You see, Faith, the US does not occupy parts of Mexico (except for California maybe?). So Mexicans shooting rockets at Arizona would not be justified. Palestinians, on the other hand, are under Zionist occupation. This grants them the universal right of resistance. You might call it terrorism due to a certain set of prejudices you have against the wonderful people of Palestine, but that won't change the fact that Palestinians are still fighting to this day because they are occupied.
There is no "occupation". The so-called "palestinians" are a contrived people. They are Egyptians, Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians.

Muslims do not hate Jews because of Israel. They hate Israel because it is a Jewish country. Their constant squalling about "zionism" and the "plight" of the "palestinians" are smoke and mirror issues designed to lend legitimacy to the burning hatred of Jews that is endemic to Islam. If the muslims were so concerned about the "palestinians"....Th ey would be helping them. The fact is that aside from Israel itself, the USA gives more aid to West Bank/Gaza than any other nation.

In Michigan we have a campaign to support products made in Michigan. We call it Pure Michigan.
One of my favorites is produced by Midland based Dow Chemical....

White phosphorous....Pure Michigan!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65674 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas kept the majority of you people underground for days. If Hamas is a joke, I don't know what that makes you.
Yes....Hamas showed them! I saw a news clip of the arabs celebrating the cease fire in the usual muslim fashion....They were dancing around firing their guns into the air and chanting "D'eath to America". That goes a long way in selling their "cause" to Americans. The USA, Canada, ANZAC, EU and pretty much any nation that is rational designates Hamas as a terrorist organization. That's what they are....terrorists and cowards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Virus Infected 49,488
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 3 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 4 hr FXX 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE