Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ... Full Story
rider

Marquette, MI

#65637 Nov 20, 2012
McCain and Israel's Bombing of the U.S.S. Liberty - YouTube

► 7:59► 7:59 www.youtube.com/watch...
Oct 31, 2008 - 8 min - Uploaded by votenader08
2008 Presidential Candidate Ralph Nader discusses John McCain and Israel's bombing in the U.S.S ...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65638 Nov 21, 2012
Come...stroll with me down memory lane:
Ahmad wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about stopping ?
We won't stop .
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to me you already did Ahmad, I think it will take a long time before you dare again.
At least he told the truth but it would seem that "long time" is a relative term.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#65639 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Not enough Tax Money has been wasted yet? I doubt pull out

“Quality is always an accident”

Location hidden

#65640 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
At least he told the truth but it would seem that "long time" is a relative term.
And a great calm covered the land. Egypt is going to be in charge of keeping the peace. How wonderful.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65641 Nov 21, 2012
Frankie wrote:
Hamas provokes Israel and then they pull their own hair in despair because of casualties from the Israeli response, that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hamas: You started the conflict, that makes you responsible for the deaths of your own children, just as Hitler was responsible for the death of Germans. There's a Spanish saying that translated goes: "He who spits towards the sky his spit will land on his own face." Fact: To see who the evil side here is, just analize this: Israel gave plenty of time to Hamas to stop the rockets before they started to defend themselves.
Hamas relishes the death of their own children. It gives them what they crave......victimhood. Try to imagine a situation where terrorists were firing rockets into Arizona from Mexico. Do you think the USA would allow 800 to hit before Mexico was decimated? Would our government allow it to go on for a couple years? I'm guessing it would take about 4 hours before we whipped out the jets.

Location hidden

#65642 Nov 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas relishes the death of their own children. It gives them what they crave......victimhood. Try to imagine a situation where terrorists were firing rockets into Arizona from Mexico. Do you think the USA would allow 800 to hit before Mexico was decimated? Would our government allow it to go on for a couple years? I'm guessing it would take about 4 hours before we whipped out the jets.
TRD got me in the mood for a trip down memory lane. I missed a great time when you guys were hashing out the Purina Dogfood thing. Those fckuing look alike Chinese. Hilarious. Have a great Thanksgiving. Peace has come to the land
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65643 Nov 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
TRD got me in the mood for a trip down memory lane. I missed a great time when you guys were hashing out the Purina Dogfood thing. Those fckuing look alike Chinese. Hilarious. Have a great Thanksgiving. Peace has come to the land
I was going to comment on the Egyptian thing, but I will reserve putting in my two-cents American until I review my VHS copy of the Ten Commandments. I think that in the end, things work out for the good guys.

Location hidden

#65644 Nov 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to comment on the Egyptian thing, but I will reserve putting in my two-cents American until I review my VHS copy of the Ten Commandments. I think that in the end, things work out for the good guys.
I found myself wondering about Morsi's fascination with Hillary's dirty blonde hair. Abbas didn't seem to mind, either. But then, the odor of sour milk wouldn't offend either of them. Later, girl.

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65645 Nov 21, 2012
"Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease fire"

Yup, still relevant... as if 2008 never truly ended.

I guess I'll be seeing you all here in a couple more years for round 3.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65646 Nov 21, 2012
And while I'm here, here is Yair Lapid talking to a BBC reporter about the ongoing Operation in Gaza:

&fe ature=youtu.be

Tell your Israeli friends to vote for him, because the future is within our reach!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65647 Nov 21, 2012
Sure, why not?

It don't cost nuthin'.

(They don't know how close they came...if your unit got called up you'd have viciously administered them:)

Location hidden

#65648 Nov 21, 2012
No Brain Boy. They ain't leaving Gaza. Same headline? Can you read? Just taking time to re-stock those armaments expended during the re-constructing of Gaza. They NEVER went into Gaza, except with air mail. Snap out of it. Sometimes, you come across as brain dead as a Pali. I have your relevancy swinging.

Location hidden

#65649 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, why not?
It don't cost nuthin'.
(They don't know how close they came...if your unit got called up you'd have viciously administered them:)
They succumbed to external, internal pressures. Maybe, just maybe, they don't really believe their own hype. I guess the season is over for mowing the lawn. Times r a changing.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65650 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
Thats right dawg... actually I was called, but it was mere coincidence as the summons were sent by mail before the operation began, turns out to be a regular follow-up day for our reserves unit.

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65651 Nov 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
No Brain Boy. They ain't leaving Gaza. Same headline? Can you read? Just taking time to re-stock those armaments expended during the re-constructing of Gaza. They NEVER went into Gaza, except with air mail. Snap out of it. Sometimes, you come across as brain dead as a Pali. I have your relevancy swinging.
There were some 40,000 troops camping on Gaza's borders, some of my friends among them being called for reserves duty, they had to withdraw either way, even if its not a "pullout" per se.

Don't be so pedant, you're runing my Irony.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65652 Nov 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
They succumbed to external, internal pressures. Maybe, just maybe, they don't really believe their own hype. I guess the season is over for mowing the lawn. Times r a changing.
The Arab Fall.

Break out the long johns, it's going to be a globally warmed winter!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65653 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Thats right dawg... actually I was called, but it was mere coincidence as the summons were sent by mail before the operation began, turns out to be a regular follow-up day for our reserves unit.
Every so often you need to air out the greens anyway. If I were in your shoes, all traffic in the West Bank would move in circles and the parking meters would all have bags over them.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65655 Nov 21, 2012
It was your government who begged for a cease-fire.
AND it was you who declared it after agreeing to Hamas's terms. Sucker.

You still think Israel was successful in 2008? After all, now Hamas can hit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and beyond. Next time they'll reach Haifa, Yafa, the Jalil mountains. Heck, maybe they'll send a couple rockets to Golan heights.

War after war, failure after failure, and every time Palestinians come out stronger. NatenYAHOO still planning on destroying Hamas?
Doubt he'll have another chance.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65656 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course I did :)

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65657 Nov 22, 2012
Soy de Palestina wrote:
<quoted text> It was your government who begged for a cease-fire.
AND it was you who declared it after agreeing to Hamas's terms. Sucker.
You still think Israel was successful in 2008? After all, now Hamas can hit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and beyond. Next time they'll reach Haifa, Yafa, the Jalil mountains. Heck, maybe they'll send a couple rockets to Golan heights.
War after war, failure after failure, and every time Palestinians come out stronger. NatenYAHOO still planning on destroying Hamas?
Doubt he'll have another chance.
Only in a world of bloodthirst and petty vengence did Hamas gain any achievement in this recent round. Lobbing rockets on Israeli civilian population is no military gain, its a moral bankruptcy. Military wise, hamas was impotent.

For Israel every civilian killed, Israeli or Palestinian, is a failure. For Hamas, every civilian killed is a gain, be it Israeli or if all else fails, Palestinians for enhanced international criticism against Israel.

When both sides calculate victory so adversly, it might appear as if Hamas won by surviving to cause chaos and mayham for another day. I simply refuse to adopt this kind of valuation. Life and its presevation is the ultimate vairtue and if this cease fire lasts, it is a clear victory for those who charish and value the well being of mankind.

Military wise, Israel once again showed how much of a gap it has over the Palestinian terror organizations and their Iranian patrons. Iron dome alone made Iran's weapons of mayham seem utterly useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Realtime 1,154,203
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min mdbuilder 49,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min jacques Ottawau 181,856
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 51,258
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,919
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 720
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Rick Moss 71,088
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:53 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:53PM