Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71271 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Professor Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#65628 Nov 20, 2012
rouf wrote:
The israelis are on a killing spree and have killed over 20 palestinians to 3 jews killed-its always the same in every encounter the jews kill plenty while they are hardly touched, and yet so many scum you killers-whatever country you are from, I hope you all rot in hell where you belong
HOW MANY WAR CRIMES DID PALESTINIAN HAMAS COMMIT EVERY TIME THEY FIRE A ROCKET INTO ISRAEL OR SEND IN A SUICIDE BOMBER?? NOW TIMES THAT BY TEN THOUSAND!! What I don't like is the continued bashing of Israel that these brainwashed uneducated clowns love to do. Israel is the ONLY country in the Middle East that doesn’t take OUR Foreign Aid we and other countries give them and bank the money in private accounts while their people suffer (Remember Arafat??), support terrorists, harbor terrorists, buy arms for terrorists or use it for building Mosques as they incite hatred toward the good old USA. The outright lies, distortions and propaganda are what I'm going after. When Israel attacks Hamas it is retaliation for attacks on them dummy!! Hamas used women and children as human shields. So when Women and children die, you clowns start foaming at the mouth!! They only Attack HAMAS or those responsible for suicide and rocket attack on Israel Dummy!! Israel does not attack for no reason and never has. It is only after they have been provoked!! Learn your History and stop making yourself look like a fool!! The Arabs have muddied the world for decades with their furious protest that their land has been “stolen” from them. One might take seriously such a statement if it came from a pacifist people such as the Tibetans, who had quietly inhabited their land for ages before it was seized by the Communist Chinese in 1950. The claim is laughable coming from the Arabs, who in the early Middle Ages conquered and reduced to slavery and penury ancient peoples and civilizations stretching from the borders of Persia to the Atlantic; who in 1947 rejected an Arab state in Palestine alongside a Jewish state and sought to obliterate the nascent Jewish state; who never called for a distinct Palestinian Arab state until the creation of the terrorist PLO in 1964—sixteen years after the founding of the state of Israel; and who to this moment continue to seek Israel’s destruction, an object that would be enormously advanced by the creation of the Arab state they demand. The Arab claim to sovereign rights west of the Jordan is only humored today because of a fatal combination of world need for Arab oil, leftist Political Correctness that has cast the Israelis as “oppressors,” and, of course, good old Jew-hatred.
Professor Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

#65629 Nov 20, 2012
Timesten wrote:
All this BOILS DOWN TO IS one blooming BRAINWASHED uneducated idiot agreeing with another blooming uneducated BRAINWASHED idiot! Stop the kissy kissy smoochy smoochy sick ignorant nonsense!! You two clowns need to get a room ASAP you're about to explode in your Diapers!!
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#65630 Nov 20, 2012
Frankie wrote:
Hamas provokes Israel and then they pull their own hair in despair because of casualties from the Israeli response, that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hamas: You started the conflict, that makes you responsible for the deaths of your own children, just as Hitler was responsible for the death of Germans. There's a Spanish saying that translated goes: "He who spits towards the sky his spit will land on his own face." Fact: To see who the evil side here is, just analize this: Israel gave plenty of time to Hamas to stop the rockets before they started to defend themselves.
You are right and its well known that arab muslims in this region are the most stupid, screwed up people on this globe. Their quoran makes them real stupid and I-slime make them totally stupid. What a combo!!! Bloodthirsty savages.

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65631 Nov 20, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right and its well known that arab muslims in this region are the most stupid, screwed up people on this globe. Their quoran makes them real stupid and I-slime make them totally stupid. What a combo!!! Bloodthirsty savages.
How about that cease fire? Like that will last. Set your clock for the midnight fireworks display. Pali's are such liars.

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65633 Nov 20, 2012
Now this kid is on to something. Gilad Sharon

“The residents of Gaza are not innocent, they elected Hamas. The Gazans aren’t hostages; they chose this freely, and must live with the consequences.

"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too.

"There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-...
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#65634 Nov 20, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that cease fire? Like that will last. Set your clock for the midnight fireworks display. Pali's are such liars.
Finally I see something that makes sense. Just dont believe any arab or muslim one word that they say, never. Very disgusting savages.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65635 Nov 20, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
How about that cease fire? Like that will last. Set your clock for the midnight fireworks display. Pali's are such liars.
That didn't take long...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012...
rider

Marquette, MI

#65637 Nov 20, 2012
McCain and Israel's Bombing of the U.S.S. Liberty - YouTube

&#9658; 7:59&#9658; 7:59 www.youtube.com/watch...
Oct 31, 2008 - 8 min - Uploaded by votenader08
2008 Presidential Candidate Ralph Nader discusses John McCain and Israel's bombing in the U.S.S ...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65638 Nov 21, 2012
Come...stroll with me down memory lane:
Ahmad wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about stopping ?
We won't stop .
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to me you already did Ahmad, I think it will take a long time before you dare again.
At least he told the truth but it would seem that "long time" is a relative term.
frogmann

Masontown, PA

#65639 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……Not enough Tax Money has been wasted yet? I doubt pull out

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65640 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
Come...stroll with me down memory lane:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
At least he told the truth but it would seem that "long time" is a relative term.
And a great calm covered the land. Egypt is going to be in charge of keeping the peace. How wonderful.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65641 Nov 21, 2012
Frankie wrote:
Hamas provokes Israel and then they pull their own hair in despair because of casualties from the Israeli response, that has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hamas: You started the conflict, that makes you responsible for the deaths of your own children, just as Hitler was responsible for the death of Germans. There's a Spanish saying that translated goes: "He who spits towards the sky his spit will land on his own face." Fact: To see who the evil side here is, just analize this: Israel gave plenty of time to Hamas to stop the rockets before they started to defend themselves.
Hamas relishes the death of their own children. It gives them what they crave......victimhood. Try to imagine a situation where terrorists were firing rockets into Arizona from Mexico. Do you think the USA would allow 800 to hit before Mexico was decimated? Would our government allow it to go on for a couple years? I'm guessing it would take about 4 hours before we whipped out the jets.

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65642 Nov 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Hamas relishes the death of their own children. It gives them what they crave......victimhood. Try to imagine a situation where terrorists were firing rockets into Arizona from Mexico. Do you think the USA would allow 800 to hit before Mexico was decimated? Would our government allow it to go on for a couple years? I'm guessing it would take about 4 hours before we whipped out the jets.
TRD got me in the mood for a trip down memory lane. I missed a great time when you guys were hashing out the Purina Dogfood thing. Those fckuing look alike Chinese. Hilarious. Have a great Thanksgiving. Peace has come to the land
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65643 Nov 21, 2012
Ize Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
TRD got me in the mood for a trip down memory lane. I missed a great time when you guys were hashing out the Purina Dogfood thing. Those fckuing look alike Chinese. Hilarious. Have a great Thanksgiving. Peace has come to the land
I was going to comment on the Egyptian thing, but I will reserve putting in my two-cents American until I review my VHS copy of the Ten Commandments. I think that in the end, things work out for the good guys.

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65644 Nov 21, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to comment on the Egyptian thing, but I will reserve putting in my two-cents American until I review my VHS copy of the Ten Commandments. I think that in the end, things work out for the good guys.
I found myself wondering about Morsi's fascination with Hillary's dirty blonde hair. Abbas didn't seem to mind, either. But then, the odor of sour milk wouldn't offend either of them. Later, girl.

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65645 Nov 21, 2012
"Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease fire"

Yup, still relevant... as if 2008 never truly ended.

I guess I'll be seeing you all here in a couple more years for round 3.

Since: Sep 09

Tel Aviv, Israel

#65646 Nov 21, 2012
And while I'm here, here is Yair Lapid talking to a BBC reporter about the ongoing Operation in Gaza:

&fe ature=youtu.be

Tell your Israeli friends to vote for him, because the future is within our reach!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65647 Nov 21, 2012
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
"Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease fire"
Yup, still relevant... as if 2008 never truly ended.
I guess I'll be seeing you all here in a couple more years for round 3.
Sure, why not?

It don't cost nuthin'.

(They don't know how close they came...if your unit got called up you'd have viciously administered them:)

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65648 Nov 21, 2012
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
"Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease fire"
Yup, still relevant... as if 2008 never truly ended.
I guess I'll be seeing you all here in a couple more years for round 3.
No Brain Boy. They ain't leaving Gaza. Same headline? Can you read? Just taking time to re-stock those armaments expended during the re-constructing of Gaza. They NEVER went into Gaza, except with air mail. Snap out of it. Sometimes, you come across as brain dead as a Pali. I have your relevancy swinging.

Ize Lost

“Quality is always an accident”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#65649 Nov 21, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, why not?
It don't cost nuthin'.
(They don't know how close they came...if your unit got called up you'd have viciously administered them:)
They succumbed to external, internal pressures. Maybe, just maybe, they don't really believe their own hype. I guess the season is over for mowing the lawn. Times r a changing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Cheech the Conser... 1,507,794
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Coffee Party 239,228
News Chicago had a record year of dog poop complaints 4 hr Trump is the man 1
Trumps travel ban discussion 5 hr The truth is out ... 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 6 hr Trekkie 38
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 10,490
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Seer 8,064

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages