Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Comments (Page 2,976)

Showing posts 59,501 - 59,520 of67,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Uzi

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
..Romney's gonna go, alright....back to the Cayman's to lick his wounds and count his money...."Lovey, please get daddy another of those pina coladas....can't get over not lyin enough to win".....
Shame on the blind and dumb American public. Here is something to wonder about, its your future with your (hahahah hahah) leader.

“Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the ‘new, wonderful, good society’ which shall now be Rome’s, interpreted to mean: more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.”— Marcus Tullius Cicero.

Yep, here is your new closet Muzlim Ceaser.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

..I blame, this mutant version of the republican party, they still have the House, and have already shown that they will choose party over country, at every chance. Paul Ryan actually deserved jail, not VP.....the system, remains the same...can they govern?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

YAY! America won!

We held an election where nobody died and the sun rose the following morning on no worse a prospect than we had before. There may be ten places on the planet where that is possible in this day and age and we taught most of them how to do it.

So what if our system is paralyzed by partisan gridlock? We're Americans and that's how we do.

LESSON: The glass is completely full...half of it is air and half of it is water.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Exactly, Four more years of, keeping Grover Norquist's influence outta the White House....leave it in the House, with the republicscum....

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Exactly, Four more years of, keeping Grover Norquist's influence outta the White House....leave it in the House, with the republicscum....
Steal your girl? Wreck your car? Did a Republican marry your sister? Why all the hostility?
what

Manisa, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

what a wonderful day! what a wonderful life! Obama won.. morooons lost ! A hahahahahahahaa
what

Manisa, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Uzi wrote:
Hey you people:
Its a MITT-zvah to cast your vote for Romney!!!!!
Go Romney go!!!!!
points at Muzzi the azclowwn and laffs .. Hahahahahhaaa!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Steal your girl? Wreck your car? Did a Republican marry your sister? Why all the hostility?
I've watched almost four years, of House republicans block every democratic jobs bill and refuse bi-partisan support for bills, that might have sped up our economic recovery.....they took our economy hostage, during the debt limit negotiations, long enough for, our Treasury, to get it's credit rating dropped....They have governed for party over country, while they go on Fox and scream...When's Obama gonna do something about our economy?.....You would have to be blind, not to observe, their treachery....
Pelositick

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've watched almost four years, of House republicans block every democratic jobs bill and refuse bi-partisan support for bills, that might have sped up our economic recovery.....they took our economy hostage, during the debt limit negotiations, long enough for, our Treasury, to get it's credit rating dropped....They have governed for party over country, while they go on Fox and scream...When's Obama gonna do something about our economy?.....You would have to be blind, not to observe, their treachery....
dumbazz liar

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've watched almost four years, of House republicans block every democratic jobs bill and refuse bi-partisan support for bills, that might have sped up our economic recovery.....they took our economy hostage, during the debt limit negotiations, long enough for, our Treasury, to get it's credit rating dropped....They have governed for party over country, while they go on Fox and scream...When's Obama gonna do something about our economy?.....You would have to be blind, not to observe, their treachery....
I feel you but I have one question: Where were you during the previous 35 years?

This has been going on far longer than the length of the President's first term. I also feel like it is worth mentioning that little gets done when either party controls Congress and the White House simultaneously. Seriously, our system leaves very little time for governance during lulls in the election cycle.

I hope what you meant to do was voice your frustration at how both sides have done everything BUT govern in the recent past. I also can't shake the feeling of dread I get over the issue of why these people are spending millions (billions) of dollars to win jobs that pay less money than a good timeshare salesman makes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I'm distrustful of both parties, but the House republicans have stepped over the line, for me....i would actually, love to see 4-5 equal strength parties and a rework of the electorate system.....

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I'm distrustful of both parties, but the House republicans have stepped over the line, for me....i would actually, love to see 4-5 equal strength parties and a rework of the electorate system.....
I'm not sure diluting the process across more parties is the solution. If we're gonna do it, maybe we should retool to a no-party system. Am I being unrealistic when I pine for a government of, by and for the people? It seems like career politicians have turned the game around to one of working full-time to keep their jobs.

No doubt our system sucks.(until you compare it to every other one on earth)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

.."no-party system" was my next plan...lol...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
.."no-party system" was my next plan...lol...
I've never been much of a turd polisher but the problems are bigger than duct tape and WD-40 issues. The last time we pulled together as a nation our enemies spoke German and Japanese with a smattering of Italian. Since then we've been preoccupied with pursuit of the American dream to the extent that we've mortgaged the legacy of the greatest generation.

Well, we can't just scrap it and start over...that would be the biggest waste yet. We'll figure it out...that's our thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Who knew, Eisenhower would be so right, in his warning of the power of the military-industrial complex....might oughta throw, corporate in that power struggle....

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Who knew, Eisenhower would be so right, in his warning of the power of the military-industrial complex....might oughta throw, corporate in that power struggle....
Ike witnessed the game first hand at the highest levels and still could never foresee the tech we employ on the battlefield today. Neither could he comprehend the costs of today's weapons compared to those he commanded.

We do so much more with so much less that we've literally shrunk the MIC. Our forces are not only highly trained, highly motivated and well led, they are equipped with tools their enemies haven't even dreamed of with even better gear in the pipeline. Our combat commanders enjoy unprecedented access to the industry so that their field experience drives real-time solutions to the often grave challenges our troops face.

I like that our nation can project it's power all over the world. I wouldn't diminish our qualitative of quantitative edge under any circumstance.
what

Manisa, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been much of a turd polisher but the problems are bigger than duct tape and WD-40 issues. The last time we pulled together as a nation our enemies spoke German and Japanese with a smattering of Italian. Since then we've been preoccupied with pursuit of the American dream to the extent that we've mortgaged the legacy of the greatest generation.
Well, we can't just scrap it and start over...that would be the biggest waste yet. We'll figure it out...that's our thing.
this is a 80 yo carcass going alzheimer fast.. say hi to your president obama while your fellow ilk in isreal weeps hard at Romne the moron s defeat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Ike witnessed the game first hand at the highest levels and still could never foresee the tech we employ on the battlefield today. Neither could he comprehend the costs of today's weapons compared to those he commanded.
We do so much more with so much less that we've literally shrunk the MIC. Our forces are not only highly trained, highly motivated and well led, they are equipped with tools their enemies haven't even dreamed of with even better gear in the pipeline. Our combat commanders enjoy unprecedented access to the industry so that their field experience drives real-time solutions to the often grave challenges our troops face.
I like that our nation can project it's power all over the world. I wouldn't diminish our qualitative of quantitative edge under any circumstance.
One facet to Obama's administration, i do appreciate is the use of special forces and surgical strikes, as opposed to troops on the ground....drone surveillance and warfare is much better use of assets, rather than loss of military lives....I was in hopes, they might adapt drone aircraft, for use on our own border security....equiped with infra-red vision, they could recognize the heat patterns of illegals, and communicate to agents/troops, on the ground....

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

what wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a 80 yo carcass going alzheimer fast.. say hi to your president obama while your fellow ilk in isreal weeps hard at Romne the moron s defeat.
Wrong and wrong again...how they hangin woot? I only WISH I owed $1.9 million in taxes like that moron...you only wish you could spell it.

Aren't you afraid this backslide will jeopardize your early release?

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> One facet to Obama's administration, i do appreciate is the use of special forces and surgical strikes, as opposed to troops on the ground....drone surveillance and warfare is much better use of assets, rather than loss of military lives....I was in hopes, they might adapt drone aircraft, for use on our own border security....equiped with infra-red vision, they could recognize the heat patterns of illegals, and communicate to agents/troops, on the ground....
Like these?

http://publicintelligence.net/head-of-dhs-dro...

That's our MIC at work, providing jobs and protecting our nation (those bastards!).

If our process has any real fault, it would probably be our notion that we must undo the work of the prior administration. Running in place doesn't suit us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,501 - 59,520 of67,541
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min THE DEBIL 1,072,825
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,548
Make 1000$ instantly 2 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 407
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Midlothian Composer 97,454
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 173,742
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000