Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
59,441 - 59,460 of 68,301 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Uzi wrote:
Remember what Jesus said:
Goats on the left,
Sheep on the right.
and to Peter,
... if you want to catch fish do it from the right side of the boat.
They did and filled the boat.
Origin of Left & Right...
I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
Then, I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
Can't get any simpler than that.
Spelling Lesson
The last four letters in American…........I Can
The last four letters in Republican.........I Can
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats
End of lesson.
Test to follow in November, 2012
Remember, November is "Rodent Removal Month".
VOTE!!
The last four letters in Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious are I O U's.

Coincidence?

I think not.
Uzi

Ramat Gan, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>The last four letters in Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious are I O U's.
Coincidence?
I think not.
Yes, you owe me to vote Romney :-)))))
No, its not funny.
Get the Kenyan back to Kenya.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

...MITT ROMNEY'S JOB PLAN... www.bainport.com ...They say, we will have to just, get used to it....
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

BULLSHNITZ!!! "hammas" will never stop! Israel should KEEP all of it's land! All israel will get for doing good will be MORE ROCKETS!!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you owe me to vote Romney :-)))))
No, its not funny.
Get the Kenyan back to Kenya.
You realize that it's not up to me this time, don't you? There's still the little matter of the electoral college.

Still, the job creators are pretty vocal this time out...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/us/politics...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
...MITT ROMNEY'S JOB PLAN... www.bainport.com ...They say, we will have to just, get used to it....
He's a multi-tasker. When talking about his family's fortune or his partners in Bain, anything to maximize profit is fair game. When talking about being the leader of the free-world, he embraces the concept of rebuilding the industrial base we sold offshore throughout the past two decades.

After the election is over, you won't hear another word about it...no matter who wins.
Uzi

Ramat Gan, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Quote of The Day From Ben Stein:

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens."

Think about it when you vote in November !

Get the asshole out of the White House.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

I'm watching this ball game. If you take all the players on both teams, half of them are Mexicans....or "Venezuelans" as they like to be called now a days. It seems like they have an unfair advantage because they can play all year.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Faith wrote:
I'm watching this ball game. If you take all the players on both teams, half of them are Mexicans....or "Venezuelans" as they like to be called now a days. It seems like they have an unfair advantage because they can play all year.
You could throw a blue tarp over Comerica Park and extend the season.

It would appear I was at least partly right...somebody will end this in Detroit.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Over 1,500 celebrations and it keeps getting funnier every single time.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/one-k...

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/oct/28/...

I'd have thought that by now they'd have figured out how to use a squeeze chute.

http://www.powderriver.com/Products/SqueezeCh...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You could throw a blue tarp over Comerica Park and extend the season.
It would appear I was at least partly right...somebody will end this in Detroit.
It's over. Not only that, the Hawaiian tsunami turned out to be a dud. Now, I'm pinning all my hope on this so-called "Super-Storm". I have 150 tv channels and the only one of them that isn't a "reality" show...or talking about this election that has been going on for the past 3 years.... is the Weather Channel. Thank God for the Weather Channel. I like the music.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It's over. Not only that, the Hawaiian tsunami turned out to be a dud. Now, I'm pinning all my hope on this so-called "Super-Storm". I have 150 tv channels and the only one of them that isn't a "reality" show...or talking about this election that has been going on for the past 3 years.... is the Weather Channel. Thank God for the Weather Channel. I like the music.
Silver linings are everywhere...you don't even need to look far. Somewhere in that 150 lies your winter salvation via the Outdoors network. Spirit of the Wild shows Ted & Shemane Nugent killin' stuff but it's more than hunting, it's hunting with hot wimmins and automatic weapons. The politics are about 2nd Amendment and stocking the freezer so you hardly ever hear Ted do anything but praise the sacred protein.

http://outdoorchannel.com/Shows/TedNugent.asp...
Uzi

Ramat Gan, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

THIS WAS WRITTEN IN 1968 42 years ago - Astonishing!

You probably don't remember the name Eric Hoffer.
He was a longshoreman who turned into a philosopher, wrote columns for newspapers and some books. He was a non-Jewish American social philosopher.
He was born in 1902 and died in 1983, after writing nine books and winning the Presidential Medal of Freedom. His first book, The True Believer, published in 1951, was widely recognized as a classic.

Eric Hoffer was one of the most influential American philosophers and free thinkers of the 20th Century. His books are still widely read and quoted today. Acclaimed for his thoughts on mass movements and fanaticism, Hoffer was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1983. Hopewell Publications awards the best in independent publishing across a wide range of categories, singling out the most thought provoking titles in books and short prose, on a yearly basis in honor of Eric Hoffer.
Here is one of his columns from 1968 -- 42 years ago! Some things never change!

~~~~~~~~~~

ISRAEL'S PECULIAR POSITION...by Eric Hoffer – Los Angeles Times 26/5/1968.
The Jews are a peculiar people: things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews. Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it, Poland and Czechoslovakia did it.
Turkey threw out a million Greeks and Algeria a million Frenchman.
Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese and no one says a word about refugees. But in the case of Israel , the displaced Arabs have become eternal refugees.
Everyone insists that Israel must take back every single one.
Arnold Toynbee calls the displacement of the Arabs an atrocity greater than any committed by the Nazis.
Other nations when victorious on the battlefield dictate peace terms.
But when Israel is victorious, it must sue for peace.
Everyone expects the Jews to be the only real Christians in this world.
Other nations, when they are defeated, survive and recover but should Israel be defeated it would be destroyed.
Had Nasser triumphed last June [1967], he would have wiped Israel off the map, and no one would have lifted a finger to save the Jews.
No commitment to the Jews by any government, including our own, is worth the paper it is written on.
There is a cry of outrage all over the world when people die in Vietnam or when two Blacks are executed in Rhodesia .
But, when Hitler slaughtered Jews no one demonstrated against him.
The Swedes, who were ready to break off diplomatic relations with America because of what we did in Vietnam , did not let out a peep when Hitler was slaughtering Jews.
They sent Hitler choice iron ore, and ball bearings, and serviced his troops in Norway .
The Jews are alone in the world.
If Israel survives, it will be solely because of Jewish efforts. And Jewish resources.
Yet at this moment, Israel is our only reliable and unconditional ally.
We can rely more on Israel than Israel can rely on us.
And one has only to imagine what would have happened last summer [1967] had the Arabs and their Russian backers won the war, to realize how vital the survival of Israel is to America and the West in general.
I have a premonition that will not leave me; as it goes with Israel so will it go with all of us.
Should Israel perish, the Holocaust will be upon us all.

Uzi

Ramat Gan, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Central Florida is reeling in the aftereffects of Sandy: I myself was forced to wear socks, long pants and a shirt with sleeves. Oh, the humanity!

Godspeed to those in the northeast who are still dealing with the storm. Try to remember though...the people of New Orleans are laughing at you so buck up.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a "Jews" or "Non Jews" Issue!
Rational, Ethical people bright enough to grasp that without an EVEN HANDED Mid East Policy there will ALWAYS be Chaos are Jews and Non Jews, alike!
Zionist "Israel" is nothing but a Nazi Colony Founded by "Pure
Gray, you poor plate-in-the-head bast*rd. If you were not such a addle minded fck-stick, I would feel sorry for you.

Watch this video...watch the whole thing. When it is over, reflect on what a cartoonish, raving lunatic you have become. I'm really trying to help you.

&fe ature=related

This is the smartest man in England.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

TRD wrote:
Central Florida is reeling in the aftereffects of Sandy: I myself was forced to wear socks, long pants and a shirt with sleeves. Oh, the humanity!
Godspeed to those in the northeast who are still dealing with the storm. Try to remember though...the people of New Orleans are laughing at you so buck up.
..Best moment, was the outstanding staged, photo-op of Mitt Romney loading bags of uncooked rice, into a truck bound for hurricane victims...only problem....THEY DON"T HAVE GAS OR ELECTRIC.....Geez ...i chipped my crown, on this hard rice...lol...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Best moment, was the outstanding staged, photo-op of Mitt Romney loading bags of uncooked rice, into a truck bound for hurricane victims...only problem....THEY DON"T HAVE GAS OR ELECTRIC.....Geez ...i chipped my crown, on this hard rice...lol...
Does Obamacare have a dental component?
Apparently, neither candidate planned for hurricane-related dentition...where are the FEMA dentists?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

...dentition...really?....lol. ...maybe dentistry...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
...dentition...really?....lol. ...maybe dentistry...
Yes, I suppose so if you have to think inside the box.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Obumbles the Zero 1,096,414
Amy 8-22 20 min Kuuipo 12
Racist graffiti appears on Chicago night club b... 41 min reality is a crutch 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,246
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 97,840
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 176,828
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,635

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000