Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...
Comments
59,281 - 59,300 of 68,371 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Uzi

Israel

#65105 Oct 12, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Remind me again why we want sworn enemies to defect to Israel.
Info, plain and simple plus how would you like to see your #2 on the other side having fun while you after 6 years still hiding in your rat hole????

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#65106 Oct 12, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Info, plain and simple plus how would you like to see your #2 on the other side having fun while you after 6 years still hiding in your rat hole????
OK wait, give me a second to get into character...I'm Hassan Nasrallah, I've dedicated my life to the resistance and now the guy that controls my bank accounts has gone over to the dark side with five million virgins..uhhh bucks....got it.

Uzi

Israel

#65107 Oct 12, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>OK wait, give me a second to get into character...I'm Hassan Nasrallah, I've dedicated my life to the resistance and now the guy that controls my bank accounts has gone over to the dark side with five million virgins..uhhh bucks....got it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YersIyzsOpcXX
Ok, now transfer this to a nice rathole in the ground.
Uzi

Israel

#65108 Oct 12, 2012
I bet this $$$$ guy will get a new name new face new I.D. and will be in Europe pretty soon enjoying nazirallahs money.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65109 Oct 12, 2012
Uzi wrote:
I bet this $$$$ guy will get a new name new face new I.D. and will be in Europe pretty soon enjoying nazirallahs money.
The clock is already running down on this guy, I wouldn't want to be within a mile of him. That's why I question the logic behind taking him to Israel...he's plutonium.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#65110 Oct 12, 2012
I only get interested in baseball in October. Here is one of the more exciting highlights of post season play......

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65111 Oct 12, 2012
Faith wrote:
I only get interested in baseball in October. Here is one of the more exciting highlights of post season play......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bxGZrk8JQDgXX
I'd offer you tickets behind home plate for a promise to carry on the tradition this coming week but I know you're too much of a lady to get liquored-up and feign obscene gestures on national TV.
Uzi

Israel

#65113 Oct 13, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>The clock is already running down on this guy, I wouldn't want to be within a mile of him. That's why I question the logic behind taking him to Israel...he's plutonium.
FYI, there are thousands and thousands of ex Lebanese Christian army officers living in Israel and nothing is happening with them. A lot of them opened businesses, restaurants but of course they are waiting for the right moments to go back home. We ate at Gen. Lahood restaurant in Tel Aviv once real good Lebanese food but since then it went bankrupt.
Uzi

Israel

#65114 Oct 13, 2012
The great fake closet muslim president hits again:

Obama-backed al-Qaeda-affiliated Syrian rebels hit security complex with jihad-martyrdom suicide bombings
Another foreign policy success for Obama. "Suicide bombers hit Syria security complex: rebels," by Khaled Yacoub Oweis for Reuters, October 9 (thanks to all who sent this in):

(Reuters)- Rebel suicide bombers struck overnight at an Air Force Intelligence compound on the edge of the Syrian capital Damascus, killing or wounding at least 100 people, insurgents and activists said on Tuesday.
The militant Islamist group al-Nusra Front said it had mounted the attack because it was used a center for torture and repression in the crackdown on the 18-month-old revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.

"Big shockwaves shattered windows and destroyed shop facades. It felt as if a bomb exploded inside every house in the area," said one resident of the suburb of Harasta, where the compound was located.

Activists living nearby said the bombing caused at least 100 casualties among security personnel, based on the number of ambulances that rushed to the scene and the enormity of the explosions....

Opposition sources said the al-Nusra Front is made up mostly of Syrian Salafists who had ties to intelligence agencies before the revolt and were allowed to use Syria as a launchpad against the then U.S.-backed, Shi'ite-led government in Baghdad.

The United Nations says the front is affiliated to al Qaeda....

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65115 Oct 13, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, there are thousands and thousands of ex Lebanese Christian army officers living in Israel and nothing is happening with them. A lot of them opened businesses, restaurants but of course they are waiting for the right moments to go back home. We ate at Gen. Lahood restaurant in Tel Aviv once real good Lebanese food but since then it went bankrupt.
You're not really comparing Lebanese Christian apples to Hezbollah Oranges, are you? One prefers that you stay out of his country...the other prefers that you get out of yours.

I'd have debriefed and released in Europe, He'd blend right in to Londonistan or Paris.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65116 Oct 13, 2012
Uzi wrote:
The great fake closet muslim president hits again:
Obama-backed al-Qaeda-affiliated Syrian rebels hit security complex with jihad-martyrdom suicide bombings
Another foreign policy success for Obama. "Suicide bombers hit Syria security complex: rebels," by Khaled Yacoub Oweis for Reuters, October 9 (thanks to all who sent this in):
(Reuters)- Rebel suicide bombers struck overnight at an Air Force Intelligence compound on the edge of the Syrian capital Damascus, killing or wounding at least 100 people, insurgents and activists said on Tuesday.
The militant Islamist group al-Nusra Front said it had mounted the attack because it was used a center for torture and repression in the crackdown on the 18-month-old revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.
"Big shockwaves shattered windows and destroyed shop facades. It felt as if a bomb exploded inside every house in the area," said one resident of the suburb of Harasta, where the compound was located.
Activists living nearby said the bombing caused at least 100 casualties among security personnel, based on the number of ambulances that rushed to the scene and the enormity of the explosions....
Opposition sources said the al-Nusra Front is made up mostly of Syrian Salafists who had ties to intelligence agencies before the revolt and were allowed to use Syria as a launchpad against the then U.S.-backed, Shi'ite-led government in Baghdad.
The United Nations says the front is affiliated to al Qaeda....
So? You can't turn around in the Arab sphere without bumping into al Q. For all we know you are an al Q kingpin. Where were you last night between 7pm and 7am?
Uzi

Israel

#65117 Oct 13, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>You're not really comparing Lebanese Christian apples to Hezbollah Oranges, are you? One prefers that you stay out of his country...the other prefers that you get out of yours.
I'd have debriefed and released in Europe, He'd blend right in to Londonistan or Paris.
What I meant darling is that nobody bothers not the Lebanese Christians nor other Lebanese in Israel, but i bet the money guy will spend his millions elswhere.
Uzi

Israel

#65118 Oct 13, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>So? You can't turn around in the Arab sphere without bumping into al Q. For all we know you are an al Q kingpin. Where were you last night between 7pm and 7am?
If I tell you I"ll have to shoot myself. Are you that desparete???
Anyway I can not be an Al Q kingpin, maybe a princepin.:-)))))))

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65120 Oct 13, 2012
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
If I tell you I"ll have to shoot myself. Are you that desparete???
Anyway I can not be an Al Q kingpin, maybe a princepin.:-)))))))
Funny you should mention that.

I was shopping online for the Mohel to perform my new grandson's bris and came across an article about how Prince Charles' circumcision was performed by a Mohel. Well, you know I'm not going to take one mention as the gospel so I did a specific search and sure enough I found support for the claim that Rabbi Jacob Snowman did the deed at Buckingham Palace back in 1948.

Now the funny part...and I'm not really sure how it works but Google seems to paraphrase the articles it lists with random bits of text. Some of the language seems to come from the article while others originate in the comments afterward. I hope the formatting holds up when I copy/paste:

Circumcision is an affront to decent human behaviour - The Guardian
www.guardian.co.uk Comment is free Cif beliefJul 22, 2012 Catherine Bennett: We rightly decry female genital mutilation. Why, then, are so ... And I always thought Prince Charles was a complete prick.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65121 Oct 13, 2012
Close enough:-)
Uzi

Israel

#65122 Oct 13, 2012
Good enough, by the way do you know why you can not circumcise those Iranians?? Cause there is no end to those pricks.:-)))))))
Uzi

Israel

#65123 Oct 14, 2012
Obamacare Explained?

Dr. Barbara Bellar Candidate for Illinois State Senate, District 18 sums up Obamacare in one l-o-n-g sentence.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vdnY8r7_fLw...
Rambone

Duncanville, TX

#65124 Oct 14, 2012
There is no subject more restricted nor more controlled in the United States than a critical discussion of Israel. Balanced argument is ignored while each word is parsed -- and condemned. It's strange that we are free to rant and rave and point out the war crimes of our own administration -- of all other administrations throughout the world -- but not those of Israel. The few who dare to question the damage Israel has wrought throughout the Middle East for decades are immediately labeled "anti-Semitic," and are in danger of losing their friends, jobs, their reputations and, if they persist, their country -- for America has zero tolerance for those who recognize Israel's brutality.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65125 Oct 14, 2012
Rambone wrote:
There is no subject more restricted nor more controlled in the United States than a critical discussion of Israel. Balanced argument is ignored while each word is parsed -- and condemned. It's strange that we are free to rant and rave and point out the war crimes of our own administration -- of all other administrations throughout the world -- but not those of Israel. The few who dare to question the damage Israel has wrought throughout the Middle East for decades are immediately labeled "anti-Semitic," and are in danger of losing their friends, jobs, their reputations and, if they persist, their country -- for America has zero tolerance for those who recognize Israel's brutality.
But you are antisemitic. You've always been antisemitic Stewy, that's never shut you up though.

You keep blowing through here dropping some eloquent copy/paste and then punctuating your plagiarism with some guttural reference to how lucky Hamlet is with white women. I don't think you've ever gotten the hang of metric conversion though because I have garden tools shorter than your Shakespearean ambition.

Make one realistic comment about Iran and we'll make a conversation of it.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#65128 Oct 15, 2012
OK, I'll start.

I know you predicted that the great self-sufficient Islamic Republic was going to break it's proverbial foot off in somebody's azz, I just didn't expect it would be their own...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/1...

They sit on one of the largest fossil fuel supplies in the world while ignoring their inability to feed their population. Tell me again why they need nuclear instead of exploiting the one resource they have in abundance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,100,378
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Posted Response 49,530
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 39 min andet1987 573
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 40 min andet1987 1,258
Word (Dec '08) 45 min andet1987 4,654
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 47 min andet1987 1,455
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,401
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••