Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71241 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#64268 Aug 13, 2012
Eran Levi - Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
You practically own this thread now days, don't you? Its nice being able to drop by every now and then and pick up where I left with the same correspondents like nothing happened. Maybe that's why I keep being drawn here again and again.
Yair Lapid is the rising voice of the moderates and the tired middle class, his father was the legendary leader of the Shinui ("change") party which represented those who were concerned with the rising political influence and demographics of the Ultra-orthodox Haredim sector, opposing their grasp over the mostly secular ruling coalitions.
Why is he ready to lead? No one is ever ready to lead, but there comes a time when a messianic figure must rise to deliver a desperate nation and secure its future or it will fade into history. Since the alternative to hope and faith is cynicism and despair I choose the torch of hope (Yair Lapid literally means "he who will light the torch" in Hebrew). "Cynics never built anything in the past" that's one of Lapid's slogans.
You want to know why Lapid is the right preson to deliver us to a better future? be the judge yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v_uJSP4FrvcXX
In this video Yair Lapid is addressing an Atlanta conservative Rabinnical assembly in English which took place about two-three months ago in Atlanta. Tell me if you believe in him as I do afterwards.
As a politician he really reminds me of George Clooney's role in the "The Ides of March" (2011).
Own it? Nah, think of me like a hub...Turkey, if you will.(kidding) There's no place like home eh? Well it's nice when the prodigal son returns too. Now all we need is your prodigal cousins and we'll have a proper dust-up :-))

Your guy comes to politics from journalism and his experience as a talking head will serve him well. He knows how to spin a yarn...can seamlessly segue tragedy to humor...he can turn a word...that Ceau&#351;escu analogy was priceless...he thinks well on his feet. All of these makes him an endearing choice but do they make him a qualified one? He thinks he's prepared to lead or he wouldn't be running, I just doubt any of the messianic rhetoric crossed his mind in the process of deciding.

And "Change", where have we heard that one before? In my experience it's not always good. Has he voiced an opinion on the prospect of China operating the Orient express between Ashdod and Haifa?
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64269 Aug 13, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Now it's getting juicy!
I can't wait to see how the next month shakes out in Egypt. Traditionally I'd expect a coup to develop but the Sinai attack gives Mursi a broad sword to swing in reaction to his military's negligence, especially in the face of shared Israeli intelligence pointing to the attack.
The old guard may (or may not) decide to not go gentle into that good night. We'll just have to wait and see if Tantawi is an advisor or an exile.

God works in mysterious ways …
While in Cairo the stock market goes up 1.5% as a spin off of Mursi’s shuffling and re-shuffling on the military establishment, 250 miles north east from it, the stock market in Tel Aviv’s Achad Aam Street goes down 1.5%…!?

At face value, what we have in Cairo is a win – win situation…

The quasi secular Egyptian Officers that were on the road with Mubarak, are put on a drawer and replaced for Allah’s sympathizing brass…(BTW, we have seen it also happen in Erdogan’s Turkey)

The Brotherhood Community must be celebrating around cold Champagne … and the secular Egyptian youngers that called for an obliteration of the Egyptian military ruling, must be also in the midst of some sort of celebration..

So far, Mursi is delivering what da'People wrote wanted on the days of Tahrir Square's Summer..

Next waiting in line … are the most difficult to satisfy of all Egyptians …
I’m talking about those 90% of the population Egyptians that went to war against Mubarak,'just' because they want health, food, housing, education .. and all kind of historically non-justifiable social benefits from the Egyptian gov.

Let’s see what rabbit Mursi can get out of his hat, if at all, for the Egyptian poor and neglected…
In a worst case scenario, instead of health, food housing, education and social benefits … Mursi can give them, free of charge, Islam galore at its best, stuffed with hatred to Jews, Zionism, Israel …. and the mtthr fckkr West that does nothing but torpedo the Ummah..

Allahu Akhbarrrrr…!!

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64270 Aug 13, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
God works in mysterious ways …
While in Cairo the stock market goes up 1.5% as a spin off of Mursi’s shuffling and re-shuffling on the military establishment, 250 miles north east from it, the stock market in Tel Aviv’s Achad Aam Street goes down 1.5%…!?
At face value, what we have in Cairo is a win – win situation…
The quasi secular Egyptian Officers that were on the road with Mubarak, are put on a drawer and replaced for Allah’s sympathizing brass…(BTW, we have seen it also happen in Erdogan’s Turkey)
The Brotherhood Community must be celebrating around cold Champagne … and the secular Egyptian youngers that called for an obliteration of the Egyptian military ruling, must be also in the midst of some sort of celebration..
So far, Mursi is delivering what da'People wrote wanted on the days of Tahrir Square's Summer..
Next waiting in line … are the most difficult to satisfy of all Egyptians …
I’m talking about those 90% of the population Egyptians that went to war against Mubarak,'just' because they want health, food, housing, education .. and all kind of historically non-justifiable social benefits from the Egyptian gov.
Let’s see what rabbit Mursi can get out of his hat, if at all, for the Egyptian poor and neglected…
In a worst case scenario, instead of health, food housing, education and social benefits … Mursi can give them, free of charge, Islam galore at its best, stuffed with hatred to Jews, Zionism, Israel …. and the mtthr fckkr West that does nothing but torpedo the Ummah..
Allahu Akhbarrrrr…!!
They were shouting that over the shaky camera-phone video of that Syrian jet going down too...over and over...

I wonder if it feels as good to them as it feels weird to me.

Y'know, it's starting to look like Mursi staged the raid that killed his troopers just to form the pretense to fire these guys. He benefits greatly and that's a good enough motivation for a probable cause warrant anndddddd ..... oh, nevermind. They haven't gotten THAT far into it so it's not that kind of democracy yet.(besides, those guys should have retired years ago)
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64271 Aug 13, 2012

I don't envy him...
As I see it, Mursi now has to walk between rain drops ... without getting wet..

By now, tha'People knows that any retard leader, if the wind is blowing from the right direction ... can be kicked in the ass and sent packing ... regardless ..

A Persian Summer, and I realize I'm off topic ... a Persian Summer coordinated with a surgical underground intervention ... is what we need now ..

... maybe Eran is bringing besorot tovot (good omens) and Yair Lapid has that rabbit staged in his hat.. or at least, Lapid can attract their attention and distract them, while the two b's (Bibi and Barak) hit the jackpot...

Good body, every night.
Tomorrow is a big day. The lady of my heart and this humble grandpa ... are taking our respective grandchildren sailing on the Mediterranee pour la premiere fois...

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64272 Aug 13, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
I don't envy him...
As I see it, Mursi now has to walk between rain drops ... without getting wet..
By now, tha'People knows that any retard leader, if the wind is blowing from the right direction ... can be kicked in the ass and sent packing ... regardless ..
A Persian Summer, and I realize I'm off topic ... a Persian Summer coordinated with a surgical underground intervention ... is what we need now ..
... maybe Eran is bringing besorot tovot (good omens) and Yair Lapid has that rabbit staged in his hat.. or at least, Lapid can attract their attention and distract them, while the two b's (Bibi and Barak) hit the jackpot...
Good body, every night.
Tomorrow is a big day. The lady of my heart and this humble grandpa ... are taking our respective grandchildren sailing on the Mediterranee pour la premiere fois...
Sweet dreams, rest assured that democracy flourishes just across the border.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-192491...

He's really tiptoeing through the raindrops now.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64274 Aug 13, 2012
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet dreams, rest assured that democracy flourishes just across the border.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-192491...
He's really tiptoeing through the raindrops now.

Wait,...where .. where is the deck of cards..?? I know how to trump Mursi on 'this one'.... wegonna'play him tha'first card..!!

Mr. Ukasha and Mr. Afifi can always invoke and lay down on the table ...the First Ammendment card...

<scratching my empty head>... I wonder if the Demokrazy Kit that the Egyptians got last Summer ... includes a First or a Fist Ammendment...
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64275 Aug 13, 2012

Buenos dias..!!

Oyyy, thanks God there's Maan News ...

Have a great laugh..(on these stressfull days)

""Prisoner has son after smuggling sperm to wife
Published yesterday (updated) 13/08/2012 20:36
NABLUS (Ma'an)-- Ammar al-Zein became a father for the third time on Monday, even though he has been jailed in Israel for 15 years.

Al-Zein's wife Dalal Rabayaa, 31, gave birth to a healthy baby boy weighing 3.8 kg at the Razan Medical Center in Nablus. The proud parents named their son Muhannad after a friend of Ammar's who was killed by Israeli forces, she told Ma'an.

Muhannad was conceived at the Razan clinic by IVF using sperm smuggled from her jailed husband.

"My husband managed to smuggle his sperm from prison about three years ago, and we managed to keep it until I finally gave birth to Muhannad," Dalal said. She declined to give details of how the sperm was smuggled, citing security concerns.

Ammar, from Maythaloun village in the northern West Bank, is serving 25 life sentences in Israel's Hadarim prison. The couple has two daughters, 16-year-old Bashaer and Bisan, 15.

Dr Salim Abu al-Khayzaran told Ma'an the successful birth followed two failed IVF treatments.

He told Agence-France Presse that the sperm had been subjected to a gender separation process to ensure the couple would have a son. He also declined to elaborate on how the sperm was smuggled, but said it was done in a clinically secure way.

A delighted Dalal told Ma'an she had been waiting for a son for years and had finally realized her dream.

"This accomplishment is dedicated to the Palestinian people, namely prisoners and their families," she said...""

Ammar al-Zein ..!!(Ammar, the one that doesn't have a dick)

The name says it all..

voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64276 Aug 13, 2012

… and this is what keeps us going too..

“”Live: Netanyahu greets batch of Nefesh B'Nefesh olim
By JPOST.COM STAFF
08/13/2012 17:31
Record number 127 of 350 new olim brought on chartered plane in aliya group plan on enlisting in the IDF.

A batch of 350 new immigrants from Canada and the United States, among them a record number of 127 young men and women who are planning to enlist in the IDF, were set to arrive at Ben-Gurion Airport Tuesday to start their aliya process.

In a special ceremony organized by Nefesh B'Nefesh, the North American immigrants will be greeted by a host of high-level Israeli dignitaries, including Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, Minister of Immigrant Absorption Sofa Landver and Jewish Agency Chairman Natan Sharansky.“”

Welcome..!!… Bruchim Haba’im … I adore all of you..

I’m moved by your determination to bet your future to our not so easy and not so certain future.

May God be with you every step of the way..!!

Your parents, relatives and educators can be proud of you.

My home is open as an adoptive home 24/7. Through this thread we can coordinate and exchange phone numbers.

God bless you..!!

Am Israel Chai..!!

Uzi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64277 Aug 14, 2012
Not widely reported but the American Sixth Fleet and the Chinese Navy are both visiting Haifa Israel at the same time right now. I wonder.......
I mean WTF???*&^%$#
God Bless America.
The fake one must go, big times!!!!!
Uzi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64278 Aug 14, 2012
Up yours they say in Muzlim Lebanon.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-426...
voice of peace

Israel

#64279 Aug 14, 2012

The Lebanese lack creativity.
They could have called the ass check-up 'mini-colonoscopy'.

Voice of Peace

Israel

#64280 Aug 14, 2012

THE RIGHT OF RETURN..!!

Gaza residents 'stranded abroad' as Egypt denies visas
Published today 13:18

GAZA CITY (Ma'an)-- A number of Palestinians say they are stranded abroad because Egypt has denied them transit visas to return to Gaza.

Palestinians in Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Kenya have contacted Ma'an, saying they were refused Egyptian visas.

Gaza residents can only enter or leave the enclave via the Rafah crossing on Egypt's border due to Israel's blockade of Gaza's other borders and sea port.

Salim, who is in Istanbul, told Ma'an the Egyptian consulate said it had been instructed by the Egyptian government to stop issuing visas to Palestinians.

Another Palestinian, who asked not to be identified but is also in Istanbul, said an employee of the Egyptian consulate told him he would not be given a visa "because the Palestinians killed Egyptian soldiers in Sinai."

A Palestinian in Algeria told Ma'an he had booked a flight to Cairo but was told he could not board the flight. The airline also refused to postpone his ticket, he added.

Palestinians have reported problems returning to Gaza via Egypt since gunmen killed 16 Egyptian officers near the Gaza border on Aug. 5. Hamas has denied speculation that militants from Gaza were involved in the attack.

Egypt swiftly closed the Rafah crossing, briefly reopening it in one direction on Friday.

The Palestinian director of the border crossing told Ma'an on Friday that the terminal would reopen in both directions Tuesday for three days, mainly to permit travel for humanitarian cases such as Palestinians seeking medical care abroad, and students.

Hamas believed Muslim Brotherhood President Muhammad Mursi would usher in a new period of harmony between Gaza and Cairo, but that has yet to materialize because of strategic considerations involving Egypt's 1979 peace treaty with Israel and related military aid from the United States.

"We suffered from the unjust regime of Mubarak that participated in the (Israeli) blockade of Gaza. Why should we suffer now in the era of Egypt's revolution and democracy?" said Hamas Interior Minister Fathi Hammad.

"The Egyptian leadership is requested to order the reopening of the Rafah crossing to alleviate the suffering of Palestinians wanting to travel, students, patients, residents in third countries and pilgrims," he said in a statement.

"If Palestine was not a top priority for you, you should change direction," Hammad added in an unusually sharp rebuke.

Voice of Peace

Israel

#64281 Aug 14, 2012

Hi Mursi,.... what's up my man..??

I reckon you want to show them Palestinians Who Is The Boss..!!

Tell you what. I also have a list of about 250 Israelis .. that the next time they travel abroad ... they shouldn't be allowed to return...

Is there any way you can help in keeping those 250 assholes abroad ... for good..??

Give my regards to Najla Ali (da'wife) and when you have sometime come over, it's only 250 miles ... I'll take you to a fish restaurant and the lady of my heart will take Najla Ali shopping ...

Uzi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64282 Aug 14, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
and its free......
fearless cartooni

Torrance, CA

#64283 Aug 14, 2012
Negro Drug Using Pig wrote:
Bomb Israel . Their filthy rotten pig Jews like Hollywood Pig Jews . IT'S TIME TO KILL CROOKED JEWS IN AMERICA :
ISRAEL:
WHOREHOUSE OF THE MIDDLE EAST
By Rev. Ted Pike

My article “Israel: On the Way to Empire in the Mideast”  documents from Scripture an astonishing fact: Israel today is the symbolic “Mother of harlots” described in Revelation 17 and 18. Ancient Israel was first to be spiritually “married” to God and first to prostitute that unique relationship. Her forehead was branded “mother of harlots,” an epithet which has never been removed.

Today, Israel lives up to her name as an international hub of prostitution and white slavery in the Mideast.

Amnesty International, in its 2005 Report on Discrimination Against Women in Israel says:
Trafficking of women for forced prostitution has occurred over a number of years but appears to have been compounded in the past 15 years by several factors, including increased links between traffickers in Israel and former Soviet republics, in the wake of the large wave of immigration of citizens of these countries to Israel…
…Many women are lured to work in Israel under false pretense and are then forced into the sex industry. While many are reportedly aware that they will be working as sex workers, they are not aware they will be subject to violent and exploitative environments, working seven days a week and up to 18 hours a day for extremely low salaries or no salaries at all. Many are subjected to other serious human rights violations, including rape, deprivation of their liberty, and debt-bondage. Women forced to work as sex workers are reportedly also frequently subjected to threats of abuse and even murder. Half the women interviewed by the Hotline for Migrant Workers were effectively incarcerated by their “pimps” and, according to a 2003 survey, almost half of all women “sold” to pimps reported that policemen were among their clients.
According to a report by the Parliamentary Committee of Inquiry on the Trafficking in Women (Summary Report) issued in early 2005, some 3,000 to 5,000 women are brought annually into Israel and forced to work as sex workers and some 10,000 were estimated to be currently in the country…
Most of the women known to have been trafficked into Israel are from Ukraine, Moldova, Uzbekistan, and Russia, and are brought into Israel through the Egyptian-Israeli border. In the course of their journey, many are reportedly raped before traffickers sell them for $8,000-$10,000…
Ms. Black Portusleeze ? or lil Henry ?
Uzi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64284 Aug 14, 2012
Voice of Peace wrote:
Hi Mursi,.... what's up my man..??
I reckon you want to show them Palestinians Who Is The Boss..!!
Tell you what. I also have a list of about 250 Israelis .. that the next time they travel abroad ... they shouldn't be allowed to return...
Is there any way you can help in keeping those 250 assholes abroad ... for good..??
Give my regards to Najla Ali (da'wife) and when you have sometime come over, it's only 250 miles ... I'll take you to a fish restaurant and the lady of my heart will take Najla Ali shopping ...
C'mon, only 250??
Uzi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64285 Aug 14, 2012
Voice of Peace wrote:
THE RIGHT OF RETURN..!!
Gaza residents 'stranded abroad' as Egypt denies visas
Published today 13:18
GAZA CITY (Ma'an)-- A number of Palestinians say they are stranded abroad because Egypt has denied them transit visas to return to Gaza.
Palestinians in Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Kenya have contacted Ma'an, saying they were refused Egyptian visas.
Gaza residents can only enter or leave the enclave via the Rafah crossing on Egypt's border due to Israel's blockade of Gaza's other borders and sea port.
Salim, who is in Istanbul, told Ma'an the Egyptian consulate said it had been instructed by the Egyptian government to stop issuing visas to Palestinians.
Another Palestinian, who asked not to be identified but is also in Istanbul, said an employee of the Egyptian consulate told him he would not be given a visa "because the Palestinians killed Egyptian soldiers in Sinai."
A Palestinian in Algeria told Ma'an he had booked a flight to Cairo but was told he could not board the flight. The airline also refused to postpone his ticket, he added.
Palestinians have reported problems returning to Gaza via Egypt since gunmen killed 16 Egyptian officers near the Gaza border on Aug. 5. Hamas has denied speculation that militants from Gaza were involved in the attack.
Egypt swiftly closed the Rafah crossing, briefly reopening it in one direction on Friday.
The Palestinian director of the border crossing told Ma'an on Friday that the terminal would reopen in both directions Tuesday for three days, mainly to permit travel for humanitarian cases such as Palestinians seeking medical care abroad, and students.
Hamas believed Muslim Brotherhood President Muhammad Mursi would usher in a new period of harmony between Gaza and Cairo, but that has yet to materialize because of strategic considerations involving Egypt's 1979 peace treaty with Israel and related military aid from the United States.
"We suffered from the unjust regime of Mubarak that participated in the (Israeli) blockade of Gaza. Why should we suffer now in the era of Egypt's revolution and democracy?" said Hamas Interior Minister Fathi Hammad.
"The Egyptian leadership is requested to order the reopening of the Rafah crossing to alleviate the suffering of Palestinians wanting to travel, students, patients, residents in third countries and pilgrims," he said in a statement.
"If Palestine was not a top priority for you, you should change direction," Hammad added in an unusually sharp rebuke.
Love that universal muzlim brotherly love....... Hey fucking Hannia, dont complain, you old stinking terrorist, whats the matter, now you got problems with Egypt?? Wow, they dont let you keep playing that muzlim killer game?? Poor Gazans. Oh, shit, Egypt also closed your tunnels where you smuggle in weapons and smuggle out killers. Maybe you want the Israelis to come back, on the other hand, forgett it, we dont need no stinking arabs any more.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64286 Aug 14, 2012
Uzi wrote:
Not widely reported but the American Sixth Fleet and the Chinese Navy are both visiting Haifa Israel at the same time right now. I wonder.......
I mean WTF???*&^%$#
God Bless America.
The fake one must go, big times!!!!!
It's not a joint visit, it's a test drive. We're letting them kick the tires to try and retire some debt.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#64287 Aug 14, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
Spinmaster...way to put a silver lining around it.
Uzi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#64288 Aug 14, 2012
Lucky Germans!!!!

Record number of Islamic supremacists leaving Germany for Egypt, where they hope to live "the true Islam" and wage "jihad against infidels"
Good news for Germany, and a telling indication of the direction in which Egyptian society is tending. "Security services record Islamist exodus to Egypt," from The Local, August 12 (thanks to Lachlan):

German security services have recorded a leap in the number of radical Islamists traveling to Egypt, according to a report due to be published in Monday's Der Spiegel magazine.
Radical Salafists considered violent by Germany’s security services have been leaving Germany in droves in the past weeks, wrote the magazine. But rather than traveling to the conflict zone in Pakistan and Afghanistan, they are increasingly heading for Egypt, a high ranking security official told Der Spiegel.

The Islamists are believed to be following in the footsteps of the Austrian hate-speech cleric Mohamed Mahmoud, 27, the leader of the Millatu Ibrahim network banned by authorities in June. Mahmoud left Germany in the spring, preempting his impending expulsion, wrote the magazine.

Security officials told the magazine they had intercepted communications suggesting that many Salafists feel oppressed in Germany following the Millatu Ibrahim ban and the subsequent police raids.

In Egypt they are hoping to live “the true Islam” or fight in a “Jihad against infidels,” wrote the magazine. Among those 20 followers of Mahmoud who have already left is Berliner ex-gangster rapper and convert to Islam Denis Cuspert, who performed under the artist name Deso Dogg. 30 further Islamists are “sitting on their suitcases,” the official told the magazine....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min panties9688 62,354
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Dr Guru 231,208
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 31 min Trump is the man 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Susanm 1,460,333
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IB DaMann 7,952
Are democrats destroyed? 7 hr red dawn 13
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 7 hr red dawn 22
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Truth Be Told 104,554

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages