Irish parade: Evergreen Park split on taking over event

There are 20 comments on the Apr 2, 2009, Chicago Tribune story titled Irish parade: Evergreen Park split on taking over event. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Fans of the South Side Irish Parade may not find their pot of gold in Evergreen Park after all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BKB

Mount Prospect, IL

#1 Apr 2, 2009
All on saw in the TV clips were happy people and kids watching the parade this year. Not one drunken hooligan caught on camera.
I can't believe it...
DREW PETERSONS NEXT WIFE

Naperville, IL

#2 Apr 2, 2009
who wants a parade without drinking and shananigans?
Fat Ed in Hegwisch

Aurora, IL

#3 Apr 2, 2009
I seriously doubt the folks in EP were at 50-50 without a little Chicago-style help in the counting. Conversation with actual adults who live in EP has told me it's more like 80/20 against this stupid stupid idea. Let the parade die, drowned in the vomit of the boors who attended.
Dontrel _V-Lane_ Vazor

Baltimore, MD

#4 Apr 2, 2009
If the south side could keep it south siders only, then it wouldn't be this ugly drunken fest of 17 year olds at the parade. They bus the north side yuppies down, they trash our side of town then they bus the bums back up.
Kingfish

Castellammare Del Golfo, Italy

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Does Garlic Park have the capacity to host this event?
Mobama

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 3, 2009
As a reader suggested in a different post, let the two U2 shows in September serve as a defacto South Side Irish parade.

After all, they will attract most if not all of the drunken young people who presently go to the one in Beverly during March.
Jose Santiago

Westchester, IL

#7 Apr 3, 2009
Evergreen Park would be foolish to host this parade. Every year thousands of illegal Irish immigrants rally to this drunken party. These illegals have become a big problem to America. Send these illegal IRISH immigrants back to Ireland. They are stealing jobs and happiness from us American citizens.
Castle

Naperville, IL

#8 Apr 3, 2009
Jose Santiago wrote:
Evergreen Park would be foolish to host this parade. Every year thousands of illegal Irish immigrants rally to this drunken party. These illegals have become a big problem to America. Send these illegal IRISH immigrants back to Ireland. They are stealing jobs and happiness from us American citizens.
lmao
Jose Santiago

Westchester, IL

#9 Apr 3, 2009
Castle wrote:
<quoted text>
****
Such an erudite comment, Castle.
rich

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 3, 2009
I bet that the south side parade comes back with an admission to get into the parade.
Jose Santiago

Westchester, IL

#11 Apr 3, 2009
rich wrote:
I bet that the south side parade comes back with an admission to get into the parade.
Too bad it is impossible to charge for watching it.
Cadillac

Willowbrook, IL

#12 Apr 3, 2009
I think they should move the Bud Billiken parade to Wheaton or Naperville.

Im sure the mayor of those fine communities will have overwhelming support!
Chi Town

Hinsdale, IL

#13 Apr 3, 2009
The east side of Western is for families the west side for drinking thatís the side with all the bars its been like that for the last 20 yrs I've been going and its been great for all involved.
BKB wrote:
All on saw in the TV clips were happy people and kids watching the parade this year. Not one drunken hooligan caught on camera.
I can't believe it...
hmmm

Aurora, IL

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Jose Santiago wrote:
Evergreen Park would be foolish to host this parade. Every year thousands of illegal Irish immigrants rally to this drunken party. These illegals have become a big problem to America. Send these illegal IRISH immigrants back to Ireland. They are stealing jobs and happiness from us American citizens.
At least they are not overcrowding neighborhoods packing multiple families into single family homes and bringing 3rd world country diseases here. TB anyone?
southside

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 3, 2009
Your kidding me right?? I assume your making a reference to the way people go on about Illegal Mexican immigrants and not European ones. What the he!! does this have to do with this parade?? I grew up in the area and can tell you almost all of the parade goers are 100% American Citizensónot illegal irish immigrants, so I'm not sure where you are going with this comment.
Jose Santiago wrote:
Evergreen Park would be foolish to host this parade. Every year thousands of illegal Irish immigrants rally to this drunken party. These illegals have become a big problem to America. Send these illegal IRISH immigrants back to Ireland. They are stealing jobs and happiness from us American citizens.
southside

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 3, 2009
HA! LMAO!! Great comment!
Cadillac wrote:
I think they should move the Bud Billiken parade to Wheaton or Naperville.
Im sure the mayor of those fine communities will have overwhelming support!
southside

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 3, 2009
I guess your not allowed to right the short form of Laughing my you know what off on here. Instead it shows up as ****
southside

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 3, 2009
probably, but it wouldn't be the same
Kingfish wrote:
Does Garlic Park have the capacity to host this event?
Crook County

Schaumburg, IL

#19 Apr 3, 2009
He was being facetious. Just like the Bud parade remark.
southside wrote:
Your kidding me right?? I assume your making a reference to the way people go on about Illegal Mexican immigrants and not European ones. What the he!! does this have to do with this parade?? I grew up in the area and can tell you almost all of the parade goers are 100% American Citizensónot illegal irish immigrants, so I'm not sure where you are going with this comment.
<quoted text>
Pops Malooney

Oak Lawn, IL

#20 Apr 15, 2014
Hey guess what the Southside Irish Parade is back. I got so drunk celebrating I fell of me bar stool and splilt me skull open. Mrs Malooney took a stick to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 52,841
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Tinka 1,219,663
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 187,273
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! 2 hr Professor Fate 8
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,199
abby 4-24 6 hr Michael Satterfield 17
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 69,671
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]