First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#42 Sep 5, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Not some big bitch session like P describes, but sure. Not about anything serious. More the annoying little things. Like 'dude, does your wife do this?"
Here's one I just shared with friend this week.
Now that both kids are I the same school, the new routine is I drop them off & pick them up. That leaves her time to get home before us and have dinner started or possibly even ready. This was the agreed upon SOP before the school year started. But we veer off if she has an appointment after work. But its still the default. Or supposed to be.
So a few nights ago, I'm driving home. I know what she's supposed to be cooking(been marinading in the fridge). I wonder if she has a side dish planned or if I should stop and grab some potato salad from the store like we did last time. So I call as I'm getting in the car. No answer. My drive is 30 minutes. I call again in 10 minutes. No answer. Another 10. No answer. I go to pick up the kids. They ain't there. I look at the sign out sheet and see her initials. They're like, oh, that's right. She picked them up about 20 minutes ago. WTF!? I head home. They're all there. She left her phone at work. Picked the kids up and did not cook dinner. I'm like WTF? If you knew you did not have your phone and were unable to tell me you were picking up the kids, why didn't you just FOLLOW THE NORMAL ROUTINE AND GO HOME AND COOK DINNER? So now, I'm home late and there ain't no dinner so I gotta head back out to pick something up. Going back out is what I wanted to avoid when I was calling her.
But I tell that story and ones like it, not so much to bitch about her, but because I think its an entertaining story. Sometimes a story will trigger your buddy to share a similar one. And I would tell hat story with her present too.
I don't share serious problems. I'm a real man. That shit stays bottled up.
:)
That's more of a story, tho, than b1tching, IMO. I liken it to teasing my buddy's wife at dinner about liking the gayest looking motorcycles at the harley dealer and then when I showed her the one I liked (and eventually bought) her being like meh, whereas me and all the other guys were like that bike is effing awesome!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min President Trump 1,394,738
Louis trashes the broad. 17 min Louie is truth 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,031
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 52 min Ize Found 70,709
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 216,585
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Red_Forman 1,108
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr Red_Forman 2,131
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages