Police involved in fatal Summit shooting

Police involved in fatal Summit shooting

There are 549 comments on the WLS-TV Chicago story from Apr 6, 2006, titled Police involved in fatal Summit shooting. In it, WLS-TV Chicago reports that:

It happened near a school and a church. They are still investigating. Watch the Video Police arrived on the scene at about 6 p.m., shortly after the incident occurred.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-TV Chicago.

bling a bling
#601 Jul 15, 2010
Dont forget hes a RACIST against minorities. He has 5 pending EEOC complaints from the police alone. Why is the whole K family working together on day shift with no minorities? Because he is inept and a racist. All blacks put on midnites. D-Block dont let him fool you. He hates blacks. He hates hispanics and laid off a war vet who is hispanic then hired 3 white part timers in violation of contract. Nuff said.
Truth

Chicago, IL

#602 Jul 15, 2010
Lester will get his, they all do. Hopefully the cases filed against him will make it to federal court, it's a whole different game in front of a federal judge and jury. More than likely Summit's insurance company will settle the cases before going to trial. But we can only hope. The connected law firm profits off Lester's knuckleheaded behavior, they get paid big bucks to defend the assclown. The residents suffer.
tell the truth

United States

#603 Jul 15, 2010
stop wineing about summit.if dont live here shutup,if you do live here then start doing something.if you see punk kids up to no good call the police.if there is garbage around complain to the person diong it.start being responsible.expose the illegal alliens and quit providing them with a free haven to live here with all the free services and free food.they dont pay taxes and get a free ride.the whole world sees this country as a free place to live and they come here and take advantage of people because there country is jacked up.they should fix it like we did ours.the people from the middle east want to take us over .stop the nonsense
bling a bling
#604 Jul 15, 2010
EEOC is a federal agency. then fed lawsuits follow. how is palos hts copper doing les girlfriends husband?
Not Lester

Chicago, IL

#606 Jul 17, 2010
When will Chief Lester the Peterson be launched? How much money has Lester cost Summit defending his sorry ass from all the lawsuits filed? How much money did he cost Moraine Valley? someone should file an Freedom of information with Moraine Valley and find out,,, but wait,,, if he is deposed in any of the pending lawsuits he will have to testify to how many times he's been sued, why he was sued and how much $$$ was paid out to the plaintiffs,,, man I love our legal system,, it may work slow,,, but it works... I can't wait to get a hold of those depositions,,, it's public information... copies of the depositions will be sent out everywhere....
Tired Summit Resident

Berwyn, IL

#607 Jul 22, 2010
Not Lester wrote:
When will Chief Lester the Peterson be launched? How much money has Lester cost Summit defending his sorry ass from all the lawsuits filed? How much money did he cost Moraine Valley? someone should file an Freedom of information with Moraine Valley and find out,,, but wait,,, if he is deposed in any of the pending lawsuits he will have to testify to how many times he's been sued, why he was sued and how much $$$ was paid out to the plaintiffs,,, man I love our legal system,, it may work slow,,, but it works... I can't wait to get a hold of those depositions,,, it's public information... copies of the depositions will be sent out everywhere....
OH! YOU JUST CAN'T WAIT HUH? PATHETIC COP. YOU WISH YOU CAN BE LES PETERSON. WHO ARE YOU. WONDER WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO BESIDES HATE AND GOSSIP.
Real Summit Resident

Berwyn, IL

#608 Jul 22, 2010
scoop wrote:
Well it is a shame that you have to be afraid to go through the town after dark because of gang bangers .If it wasnt for the police officers the drug dealers and gang bangers would run every one out of town . be safe and thank summit officers.
Oh gee thanks. There's gang bangers, prostitutes, alcoholics,drug dealers and illegals everywhere here stupid. Where are the cops when you need them. They are just part time cops because their lazy and scared to work and earned their pay.
Dales friend

Chicago, IL

#609 Jul 22, 2010
Real Summit Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee thanks. There's gang bangers, prostitutes, alcoholics,drug dealers and illegals everywhere here stupid. Where are the cops when you need them. They are just part time cops because their lazy and scared to work and earned their pay.
You have a man crush on Lester. Lester is what he is. Lester's record speaks for itself. Lawsuits and all types of complaints racked up against him, wherever he has worked. Does the truth hurt? Lester got his job and keeps his job because of clout, pure and simple. Can't wait til all the EEOC complaints make it to federal court. More than likely Summit and it's insurance company will settle the cases so they don't make it public. Lester is what he is a clout baby. How many EEOC complaints filed? How many lawsuits filed? How many greivences filed and going to arbitration? You have a man crush on Lester. Thats so sweet you protecting your manlove.
Sizzler

Chicago, IL

#610 Jul 24, 2010
Real Summit Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you fall on your head.
BAM BAM

Atlanta, GA

#611 Jul 25, 2010
amor de rey stk all day evry day
U = u some lames king rejects
nwe summit

Mount Prospect, IL

#613 Sep 13, 2010
does anyone know who those two fat hispanics that live over by 60th st.that look like they ran out of money for there haircut because they left some hair on the back of there head.they need to leave summit.whats there names and where do they live
Larry
#615 Sep 14, 2010
Not Lester wrote:
I cant wait for the deposition and EEOC complaints starting now with the African American officers who grew up in town. All of Lesters lawsuits, past jobs, all the truth will come out. We all will know why Les didnt get the Forestview chief job and why he left Moraine Valley. Summit will see why he hates minorities especially blacks. Why you think he put up a camera in the hood? There are no others like it. Summit needs the FACTS about Les and his racist and sexist past. Summit needs a good chief. Let the investigation begin.
Larry
#616 Sep 14, 2010
Bring out the truth!
prodigy

Hanover Park, IL

#619 Sep 17, 2010
right lil havoc lol
nwe summit

United States

#620 Sep 29, 2010
bling a bling wrote:
Dont forget hes a RACIST against minorities. He has 5 pending EEOC complaints from the police alone. Why is the whole K family working together on day shift with no minorities? Because he is inept and a racist. All blacks put on midnites. D-Block dont let him fool you. He hates blacks. He hates hispanics and laid off a war vet who is hispanic then hired 3 white part timers in violation of contract. Nuff said.
people like you always place the race card when things dont go your way.your life id what you make it.so deal with it or change it.stop the wineing
Halas

Mokena, IL

#621 Oct 1, 2010
nwe summit wrote:
<quoted text>people like you always place the race card when things dont go your way.your life id what you make it.so deal with it or change it.stop the wineing
Hey trash bag learn how to spell before you post a comment!!!!!!
nwe summit

United States

#622 Oct 2, 2010
thats all you have to say.whats a matter forgot your dictionary
nwe summit

United States

#624 Jan 21, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
Look Green ... Mrs..Mr...Ms...or It... no gun was aimed at any police officer by Paris. There are actually eyewitnesses, and the REAL truth will come out. The person above who claimed to be a police officer said journalists say anything to sell papers. Is that person really trying to convince others that there's more motivation to sell papers than there is to keep an "officer" out of prison for wrongfully discharging a firearm? GIVE ME A BREAK ... THINK PEOPLE! Why is it that EVERY SINGLE time a "police officer" shoots and kills someone, they are RIGHT in what they did? They never make mistakes or err, do they? It's just alllllllllllwayyyyyyyys justified, huh? Ok, right.
I know black men and women, as well as white men and women who are assaulted, called names, and otherwise intimidated by these people who are supposed to serve and protect. They plant evidence, they shoot without provocation, they call names, they use racially derogatory names, they absolutely profile, and people are afraid of the police and intimidated by them. Just look at the ugly names and innuendo by the supposed police officer above, and try to make sense of the fact that this individual is charged with the task of protecting all people - serving and protectin all people - yet he/she speaks of some people in those terms. How lovely is that. Doesn't he/she speak well for the police in general? Wow ... he/she is exactly who I would want to objectively provide me with protection. <EYEROLL/SARCASM>
If a real investigation is held, and this family is going to make SURE that it is, the truth will come out. There were eyes around that day, and the "officer" was alone as he shot this man - some bullets striking him at close range - and it will therefore be interesting to see how "honorable" he's made out to be when the whole truth is uncovered.
People wonder why these people in uniform are not respected by so many law abiding individuals ... why we don't cringe when karma comes back to bite them. It's because of their corruption and illegal carrying out of their own biased sense of "judgement." They want to play God, but ironically enough it will be God who serves real vengeance on them because He's a God of justice.
Just for the record, by the way, Paris was not affiliated with any street gang, and EVERYBODY knows and knew that. So this latest lie on the part of those trying to cover over the wrong of this assassin who took a life will simply not prevail.
<quoted text>
its always sad when a life is taken.none of you were there so why dont you focus your time on educating yourself so you can be a productive part of society,that n and z store is nothing but trouble and a dump.stay out of trouble and you will be fine.no one is out late at night but trouble makers.so if your not out there you wont have a problem.so everyone stop crying about the shooting when you dont know the facts.
nwe summit

United States

#625 Jan 21, 2011
will wrote:
man 4get that punk ass cop mase he shot my cousin and still ride around like nothing happened...if i was to ever get tha chance im telln u i would kill him...mase gon get got...f*ck the police they dont serve the community!!
maybe you should stay in school and learn how to spell them you can complain
nwe summit

United States

#626 Jan 21, 2011
Gangsta Disciple KKrazy wrote:
FIRST OFF,SCUMMIT POLICE AIN'T GO DO SHI*T IF YOU CALL THEM..WE RUN THIS SHI*T..WHY WOULD YOU SAY WE HAVE NO MONEY??ALL WE DO IS HUSTLE,I PROBABLY MAKE MORE THEN YOU IF YOU HAVE A JOB..ANY MEXICAN(WETBACKS) THAT ARE kINGS OR LOOK LIKE kINGS,GO GET THEY AS*S WAKKED WIT DA 44..THINK ITS SWEET AND COME OVER HERE...IMA WAKK CHUDY 2,ALONG WITH HIS KING BOYFRIEND SMILY...GDN HLKK
dont pay any attenion to this person who wrote this.he is really a 45 year old dumb ass who lives in his mothers basement who works at pizza hut .he is fat and stupid.he will probably live there forever.what a waste of life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Grey Ghost 1,420,273
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 1 hr grounded in reali... 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Buster Steinbeizer 222,787
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Actual Science 61,082
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 hr Raydot 1,948
Word (Dec '08) 9 hr PEllen 6,698
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr PEllen 9,394

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages