Police involved in fatal Summit shooting

Police involved in fatal Summit shooting

There are 547 comments on the WLS-TV Chicago story from Apr 6, 2006, titled Police involved in fatal Summit shooting. In it, WLS-TV Chicago reports that:

It happened near a school and a church. They are still investigating. Watch the Video Police arrived on the scene at about 6 p.m., shortly after the incident occurred.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-TV Chicago.

joann

United States

#22 Apr 16, 2006
Green wrote:
<quoted text>

Thats Mrs. Green, thank you.And I am not a cop all I said is if the gangbanger pointed a gun and threated me that I would light his ass too. You wouldn't?
I would do the same thing as you,they should take all the gang bangin druggies put them in a stadium and let them kill each other off once and for all....
Shame

Chesterfield, MO

#23 Apr 17, 2006
joann wrote:
<quoted text>I would do the same thing as you,they should take all the gang bangin druggies put them in a stadium and let them kill each other off once and for all....
Unless you know every move and everything your child does, you should think twice about the comment of supporitng cop killers. The next one could be one of your own!
joann

United States

#24 Apr 17, 2006
Shame wrote:
<quoted text>

Unless you know every move and everything your child does, you should think twice about the comment of supporitng cop killers. The next one could be one of your own!
are you saying i support cop killers,i hope not cause i am tired of innocent people,kids getting killed by these punk ass gangs..
abc

Bolingbrook, IL

#25 Apr 17, 2006
R.I.P STALK G JUSTICE WILL COME TOGETHER
Shame

Chesterfield, MO

#26 Apr 17, 2006
No it's better to be killed by crupt officers who play GOD, don't you agree??
Shame

Chesterfield, MO

#27 Apr 17, 2006
abc wrote:
R.I.P STALK G JUSTICE WILL COME TOGETHER
True that!
joann

United States

#28 Apr 17, 2006
Shame wrote:
No it's better to be killed by crupt officers who play GOD, don't you agree??
i would rather see theses crupt officers take out these gangs,maybe these crupt cops have a reason for what they do....
k-n-p

Rolling Meadows, IL

#29 Apr 17, 2006
i always was taught that every life has value no matter what race or age group wht happen to Paris was WRONG!!!! the Summit police know everyone knows it. but sooner or later Justice will be serve hopfully SOONER rather than LATER! Rest In Peace Paris (watch ova the hood baby) lord knows the police dont!
STALK G

Greenwood, IN

#30 Apr 17, 2006
A Resident of Summit wrote:
Paris was a shooter. Fess up. He pointed his gun at the policeman when he was running away. Truth be Told.
Paris did not even have a gun to point at a policeman so what are you talking about
STALK G

Greenwood, IN

#31 Apr 17, 2006
First off all Paris is my cousin and them dirty police was WRONG for killing him. Justice needs to be served summit police knew they was wrong. How can a man point a gun at you and his back was turned. Think the shot him four times in the back there no way he could point a gun at you. The hood go miss you cousion you gone but never forgotten. R.I.P Paris AKA STALK G
The Truth

AOL

#32 Apr 17, 2006
One thing we know for sure is that Paris hasn't ever killed anybody. Those who know him know that he is in heaven and was a good person while here. As for the police officers, you all are murderers and there will be a lot of you all in hell. God does NOT like when anybody is presumptuous enough to try and do HIS job. The wrongful murders ... ALL OF 'EM will be spoken for in time.

We will MISS YOU PARIS!
Green

Bloomingdale, IL

#33 Apr 17, 2006
Ok I have a question???? What was Paris doing out there? Was he a gangbanger? It's really sad that this happened but if he was a gangbanger he would know that it's risky on the streets period. I'm not saying that if he was a gangbanger it's more acceptable that this happened but it wouldn't be so shocking because if it wasn't a cop that killed him it could have been another gang or someone else.
The streets are a scary place.
He's in a better place now anyway. Sorry to his family and friends for their loss.
STALK G

Greenwood, IN

#34 Apr 17, 2006
MAN I MISS MY COUSIN ALREADY MAN I LOVE YOU CUZ BUT ITS GO BE HARD TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU GONE MAN BUT I GUESS I HAVE TO

R.I.P STALK G
A Resident of Summit

United States

#35 Apr 18, 2006
All of those here who feel that there is corruption in the Summit police department need to call the newspaper, radio and television investigative reporters and ask them to take a look at what's going on here in Summit. Going on and on here will do no good if the problem is not uncovered and dealt with once and for all. I no longer feel safe in my own community, not because of some kid gangbangers who may never even appear on my block but because if I ever need police assistance I won't know if the one who they send in answer to my call to 911 is one of the "good cops" or one of the "bad cops". Maybe all police departments have both, but knowing for sure that within such a small department there is at least one who would shoot a man in the back and several who would stand over a dying man laughing about it and another who would come on this message board and refer to a man who is now dead as s..t, well, this all leaves me feeling less than protected, believe me. I'm not paying taxes in Summit so that I can not even have the sense of security that a fine and decent police force should be affording me. Let's do something about this. Too many times "we" have been afraid of retaliation and have kept our mouths shut, from what I heard at the community meeting. NO MORE!!!
Injustice

AOL

#36 Apr 18, 2006
Thank you for that. Paris was NOT, and I repeat NOT in a gang. He lived just a few feet from where he was killed, which was why he was "out there." For all we know, whatever argument was going on was one where Paris was trying to get the hispanic gang element to leave the area; he was that type of person. Talk to or listen to what the older people have to say about Paris. He was one who was very respectful and caring about people. He would carry your groceries in, take your garbage out, and always wanted to know what you would cook for him. <smile>

Mrs. Green, any way you slice it, this was an injustice. People need to speak out about it, and call for the blood that is on the hands of the police officer who actually was rumored to have a personal problem with Paris, and who shot Paris without any other officers being around. Paris was trying to get AWAY from the mayhem on the streets that night, but they wouldn't let him. Rather, they shot him in the back and in the front, but ironically the frontal shots are said to be at close range. What do you suppose that is all about?

I never met a person or heard of a person, aside from Paris' murderer, who disliked him or said anything unkind about him. Paris was no more a saint at 21 than any of us are or were, but he had a very good heart and loved people. This whole thing is REALLY wrong and is simply NOT ok.

There needs to be a public outcry - letters and calls need to flood the congressmen, police chief, churches, operation push, and any other agency that may listen. In fact, we need to organize and pull together a LIST of names and addresses on this one and UNITE to put pressure on the appropriate individuals to see that this matter is dealt with properly and in the name of justice. I will see what I can come up with, and if anyone else comes up with names and addresses, please post them.

Again, this is NOT ok!

Thank you, Green, for your expressions of sympathy!:-)
Green wrote:
Ok I have a question???? What was Paris doing out there? Was he a gangbanger? It's really sad that this happened but if he was a gangbanger he would know that it's risky on the streets period. I'm not saying that if he was a gangbanger it's more acceptable that this happened but it wouldn't be so shocking because if it wasn't a cop that killed him it could have been another gang or someone else.
The streets are a scary place.
He's in a better place now anyway. Sorry to his family and friends for their loss.
Injustice

AOL

#37 Apr 18, 2006
Let me get this straight ... you are tired of innocent lives being taken by those YOU define as being in gangs, but you don't mind cops (the biggest gang in existence) killing innocent people!?!?!?!? Amazing ... at any rate, to those who are reasonable and simply aim for the REAL TRUTH, below is what warped logic, misinformed, and insignificant rhetoric looks like in written form.
joann wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying i support cop killers,i hope not cause i am tired of innocent people,kids getting killed by these punk ass gangs..
John Doe

Chicago, IL

#38 Apr 18, 2006
Dat shit waz boguz azz hell...We will alwayz miss u STALK.And 4 yall boguz azz police's..we got some-thin 4 yall....R.I.P PARIS
FORMER SUMMIT RESIDENT

Chicago, IL

#39 Apr 18, 2006
Damn STALK G..I miss u already..But its all koo..Look on the hood cuz it seen like the police's can't do the job.Err-body kno Summit waz wrong for that and 4 yall so call Latin Kings..watch out..That goes fo yall fake ass trigga happy ass cops..REST IN PEACE PARIS A.k.A STALK G..
J-TOWN BOLINGBROOK

Joliet, IL

#40 Apr 18, 2006
all bullshit aside... All these people on here sidin with the punk ass police officer that did that.. r probally friends relatives or somethin similar.. Now they talk about "Gangbanging" n shit.. Let me guess the police officer that did the shit was white..And all these white ass muhafukkers hop on the net. 2 speak on the behalf of someone that took a YOUNG LIFE. I mean Paris know the truth and i swear he in heaven and he lookin down on all you people that doubted and denied his innocents...The truth will surface and when it does ya'll muhafukkers ain't gone have shit to say...Right is right wrong is wrong.. and i'm not racist (My daughter is mixed her fathers family is white)but i just call it how it is.. When it comes to stuff like this whites gone stick together and its up to us blacks to rise up against what is injustice. God have mercy on The police officer who did this.. Cuz these people in the streets wont
wendy

United States

#41 Apr 18, 2006
John Doe wrote:
Dat shit waz boguz azz hell...We will alwayz miss u STALK.And 4 yall boguz azz police's..we got some-thin 4 yall....R.I.P PARIS
you are butchering the english language,learn how to talk you might get somewhere in life,whats with that yo and all that crap spewing from your uneducated mouth,i thought spanish was hard to understand this shit is worse....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min smile n wave 1,580,623
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 9 min They cannot kill ... 3,699
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 2 hr Sojourner UNtruth 19
Super Stalker 2 hr Donald Supporter 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 3 hr gracew 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 11,174
A Different White House. 4 hr The Right Guy 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance