Police involved in fatal Summit shooting

Full story: WLS-TV Chicago

It happened near a school and a church. They are still investigating. Watch the Video Police arrived on the scene at about 6 p.m., shortly after the incident occurred.
Comments
1 - 20 of 545 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2012
First Prev
of 28
Next Last
UNKNOWN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2006

Judged:

A man by the name of Paris Nicholson was brutally shot by an officer of the Summit Police Station.Justice needs to be served.He was at the corner store N and Z. When a shooting broke out.Paris did not know what to do, so he ran away from the shooting. He tried to hop the fence when he was shot twice in the back by Summit police, they did not send a warning the just fired at him. They started to search him and they handcuffed him. They did not want anybody to see it but alot of people witnessed the shooting. R.I.P PARIS A.K.A "STALK P". WE LOVE YOU AND WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU. GOD IS ON OUR SIDE HE SAY HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US SO KEEP THE NICHOLSON FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS. ARGO, SUMMIT,ILLINOIS
A Resident of Summit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2006

Judged:

It's very scary when our own police department seems to be committing illegal acts of violence. This coming week the village has scheduled community meetings to discuss how we can make our neighborhood better called: Project Summit: Building a Safe and Flourishing Community. The meetings will be held at the municipal building, 7321 W. 59th St. Monday April 10-Thursday April 13 at 6:30 pm. Each of the meetings is for a different "region" of the village. Call for more information. This forum does not allow me to post a telephone number so either look up the number for the village of Summit or simply show up at any one of the meetings. I'm sure there will be a lot to discuss following this very shocking incident.
A Resident of Summit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2006

Judged:

Hm..if 7 this 0 forum 8 didn't 5 ask 6 me 3 for 4 any 8 demographics 0 how 0 can it post that I live in Forest Park when I live in Summit??? In that case, I've posted the phone number in between my sentences.
A Resident of Summit

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2006

Paris was a shooter. Fess up. He pointed his gun at the policeman when he was running away. Truth be Told.
J-TOWN BOLINGBROOK

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

A Resident of Summit wrote:
Paris was a shooter. Fess up. He pointed his gun at the policeman when he was running away. Truth be Told.
QUICK ?...HOW DO U RUN POINT A GUN AND RUN FROM THE POLICE? WAS HE SHOOTIN OVER HIS BACK I DOUBT IT... AND EVEN IF HE WAS HOLDIN' A GUN EVERYONE KNOWS U SHOT IN THE SHOULDER..AND IF HE WAS RUNNIN WHY NOT CHASE HIM... U MUST KNOW THE GRITTY POLICE OFFICER THAT DID IT.. I KNEW PARIS AND ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN YEARS I KNOW HE WOULDNT OF DID THAT! WITHOUT A REASON.. HE'S LIFE BAD IT WAS WELL WORTH LIVING.. TRUTH BE TOLD! KNOW BEFORE U SPEAK, THINK BEFORE U ACT...
PARIS, REST EASY BABY!
GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN!
J-TOWN BOLINGBROOK

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

QUICK ?...HOW DO U POINT A GUN AND RUN FROM THE POLICE? WAS HE SHOOTIN OVER HIS BACK I DOUBT IT... AND EVEN IF HE WAS HOLDIN' A GUN EVERYONE KNOWS U SHOOT IN THE SHOULDER..AND IF HE WAS RUNNIN WHY NOT CHASE HIM... U MUST KNOW THE GRITTY POLICE OFFICER THAT DID IT.. I KNEW PARIS AND ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN YEARS I KNOW HE WOULDNT OF DID THAT!.. HE'S LIFE WASNT BAD IT WAS WELL WORTH LIVING.. TRUTH BE TOLD! KNOW BEFORE U SPEAK, THINK BEFORE U ACT...
PARIS, REST EASY BABY!
QUICK ?...HOW DO U RUN POINT A GUN AND RUN FROM THE POLICE? WAS HE SHOOTIN OVER HIS BACK I DOUBT IT... AND EVEN IF HE WAS HOLDIN' A GUN EVERYONE KNOWS U SHOT IN THE SHOULDER..AND IF HE WAS RUNNIN WHY NOT CHASE HIM... U MUST KNOW THE GRITTY POLICE OFFICER THAT DID IT.. I KNEW PARIS AND ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN YEARS I KNOW HE WOULDNT OF DID THAT! WITHOUT A REASON.. HE'S LIFE BAD IT WAS WELL WORTH LIVING.. TRUTH BE TOLD! KNOW BEFORE U SPEAK, THINK BEFORE U ACT...
PARIS, REST EASY BABY!
A Resident of Summit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2006

I was at a community meeting last night. Very strange conversation I had with the mayor. I brought up the issue of the man who was shot in the back (according to news reports I read online) by one of our Summit police officers, and he (the Mayor) pointed to his chest with both hands, indicating the shots were taken in the chest. I asked why the reports said he was shot in the back and the mayor responded that newspapers would say anything to sell a paper. Hm. I wonder where one can get official information on exactly how/where the man DID receive the shots.

Not to change the subject, but I and another resident of Summit asked the mayor about a vacant lot in our village. It's been vacant for years. We wanted to know who owns the property. Both the other woman and myself came away from that conversation with the mayor with the same impression. These were my words: "I have never heard anyone use "double-speak" like he just did!" I wonder why? What's being covered up? Anyone know where one can get information on record of who owns a piece of property?
STUPID PEOPLE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2006

Judged:

IM A POLICE OFFICER IN THE AREA AND ILL SAY FIRST HAND B/C I WAS DISPATCHED TO SUMMIT ONCE THAT HAPPENED. THE OFFICER DID NOT SHOT ANYONE IN THE BACK. ALL OF THE SHOTS WERE FIRED IN THE CHEST, THE PISTOL WAS FOUND NEXT TO "PARIS". THE NEWS JUST WANTS TO SELL PAPERS AND STIR THINGS UP LIKE THEY DID THAT NIGHT. OF COURSE THE MEDIA WASN'T OUT THERE WHEN THE BANGERS STARTING RIOTING W/ THE POLICE. WHERE WERE THEY??????? WHAT WOULD U DO IF U WERE A POLICE OFFICER AND A NO-LIFE PIECE OF S#$T DRUG DEALER WANNA-BE GANG BANGER POINTED A GUN AT YOU??????????
Green

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2006

Judged:

STUPID PEOPLE wrote:
IM A POLICE OFFICER IN THE AREA AND ILL SAY FIRST HAND B/C I WAS DISPATCHED TO SUMMIT ONCE THAT HAPPENED. THE OFFICER DID NOT SHOT ANYONE IN THE BACK. ALL OF THE SHOTS WERE FIRED IN THE CHEST, THE PISTOL WAS FOUND NEXT TO "PARIS". THE NEWS JUST WANTS TO SELL PAPERS AND STIR THINGS UP LIKE THEY DID THAT NIGHT. OF COURSE THE MEDIA WASN'T OUT THERE WHEN THE BANGERS STARTING RIOTING W/ THE POLICE. WHERE WERE THEY??????? WHAT WOULD U DO IF U WERE A POLICE OFFICER AND A NO-LIFE PIECE OF S#$T DRUG DEALER WANNA-BE GANG BANGER POINTED A GUN AT YOU??????????
I'd light his ass up too.
STUPID PEOPLE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2006

thank u green
STUPID PEOPLE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2006

Judged:

remember. that whole thing started out b/c of a gang fight.......................
former Summit resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

Judged:

Most of the Summit Police officers are dumb ass graduates from Argo who think they're big shit cuz they can carry a gun. So Mr. Green, at this time you and your fellow officers are nothing more than fake ass wanna be tough cops who are just trigger happy.
Justice

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

Judged:

The police officer, if that was actually from a police officer IS A LIAR. NO GUN HAS BEEN FOUND -- THAT IS IN THE OFFICIAL RECORDS!!!! Also FOUR shots in the back and TWO in the chest. Talk to the funeral home!

It's a tragedy that a police officer would kill a young man by shooting him REPEATEDLY in the back. This demonic individual, who feels himself to be above the law and slayed a man who was running, just as others were also running but didn't get shot, will pay a much higher price before God. Ultimate and pure justice at the hands of the God of this Universe. All those doing the dirt and covering it over will answer to God forever - Paris is in a better place forever - where will the assassin spend eternity?

This young man was not ever known - EVER - for possessing a gun out of his own fear for guns and his own fear of death. The demonic shooter and his demonic pinions hand-cuffed this dying man who was bleeding to death, and then moved him around aggressively - surely aiding in his bleeding out just that much faster. To make matters worse, eyewitnesses saw the "officers" standing around laughing before even calling for an ambulance; such little regard for life. Is this representative of those who serve and protect, or is the protection they give just for the few they selectively and with bias and prejudice, choose to protect? Are their value systems so warped that they would actually laugh and talk, versus try to help, a man who is laying at their feet dying? This is the type of people you want others to respect, trust, and grieve for when their lives are lost? Are you kidding?

The real tragedy in this is that so many of us teach our children that the "police" are good people who want to help everyone. Yet, so many times we see these ones behave in a demonic manner - showing little to no regard for human life - being unnecessarily harsh and rough because of their belief that they are powerful as they stand behind guns and uniforms. It takes a certain mentality to strap on a gun each day and go out amongst people knowing you can be killed or that you could have to take another life.

This is the only website I could find that I thought MAY get into the hands of someone who just may want to make a difference somehow. Someone who would want to know the truth, and who would want the position to be an honorable one, versus looked upon by the masses as just a job of paid, legal, beaters, abusers, and killers.

I value life and law, and yet it is incredibly difficult to grieve for the loss of the very individuals that so often times cover over their misconduct and wrongful shootings - who protect each other - and who have such little regard for the lives of other people -- life that GOD gives.

The consciences of these ones must be really impacted greatly, which would account for all the mental illness, substance abuse, domestic abuse, broken families, and children who are truly damaged. What should be an honorable profession is really just one that, more often and more often, is not being governed with or by honorable people, and allows those with warped values and morals to be part of a process that simply turns them into cowboy-like murderers - assasins with a license to kill or beat or harass.

Was the gun planted on Paris Nicholson? Was it put there, despite the fact that he has never been seen with or been known to carry a gun before? IMPORTANT POINT HERE ... was Paris' assassin of Mexican descent and part of a gang himself, or at the least in close relationship with mexican gang individuals? Wouldn't shooting an individual in the back be considered a punk, cowardly move? Would a police department put forth a sincere and honest investigation to ensure that proper actions are taken?

(To Be Continued)
Justice Part II

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

Judged:

Summit-Argo police department has left an indelible mark on the lives of many people - took the life of a son, brother, uncle, cousin, and friend to many people. A young man who has made mistakes, as most young people do, but who wanted nothing more than to live and grow .. marry, one day have children, and be somebody.

My question is what agencies can I and others write to put pressure on the "powers that be" to stop the senseless street corner lynchings that are supported and covered up? Who can help the everyday person and build a website such as this one for all the fallen individuals at the hands of those who were appointed to serve and protect?

Whether you people get angry or not at this e-mail, you know that the corruption, abuse, profiling, beating, unnecessary aggression, murders, being in relationship with drug dealers and gangs, etc., supercedes the
serving and protecting that you are SUPPOSED to do.

I grew up in the time of officer friendly; it would appear that he died and is gone forever.

Very troubling ... very very troubling, and if the readers have even a shred of decency, honor, and integrity, you'll seek ways to put forth a REAL investigation to ensure that this type of things NEVER occurs again. I will whole-heartedly support the family of Paris Nicholson and hope that there is an outpouring of community support, support from churches and activists, an outpouring of political leadership who wants to get to the bottom of this and all other street-corner lynchings that really render you people self-appointed murderers.
Justice

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

FOUR shots in the back - TWO shots in the chest at close range. Get to the REAL truth and not from some gun happy cop - if the writer above is really one.

It's a tragedy that a police officer would kill a young man by shooting him REPEATEDLY in the back. This demonic individual, who feels himself to be above the law and slayed a man who was running, just as others were also running but didn't get shot, will pay a much higher price before God. Ultimate and pure justice at the hands of the God of this Universe. All those doing the dirt and covering it over will answer to God forever - Paris is in a better place forever - where will the assassin spend eternity?

This young man was not ever known - EVER - for possessing a gun out of his own fear for guns and his own fear of death. The demonic shooter and his demonic pinions hand-cuffed this dying man who was bleeding to death, and then moved him around aggressively - surely aiding in his bleeding out just that much faster. To make matters worse, eyewitnesses saw the "officers" standing around laughing before even calling for an ambulance; such little regard for life. Is this representative of those who serve and protect, or is the protection they give just for the few they selectively and with bias and prejudice, choose to protect? Are their value systems so warped that they would actually laugh and talk, versus try to help, a man who is laying at their feet dying? This is the type of people you want others to respect, trust, and grieve for when their lives are lost? Are you kidding?

The real tragedy in this is that so many of us teach our children that the "police" are good people who want to help everyone. Yet, so many times we see these ones behave in a demonic manner - showing little to no regard for human life - being unnecessarily harsh and rough because of their belief that they are powerful as they stand behind guns and uniforms. It takes a certain mentality to strap on a gun each day and go out amongst people knowing you can be killed or that you could have to take another life.

This is the only website I could find that I thought MAY get into the hands of someone who just may want to make a difference somehow. Someone who would want to know the truth, and who would want the position to be an honorable one, versus looked upon by the masses as just a job of paid, legal, beaters, abusers, and killers.

I value life and law, and yet it is incredibly difficult to grieve for the loss of the very individuals that so often times cover over their misconduct and wrongful shootings - who protect each other - and who have such little regard for the lives of other people -- life that GOD gives.
Justice III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

The consciences of these ones must be really impacted greatly, which would account for all the mental illness, substance abuse, domestic abuse, broken families, and children who are truly damaged. What should be an honorable profession is really just one that, more often and more often, is not being governed with or by honorable people, and allows those with warped values and morals to be part of a process that simply turns them into cowboy-like murderers - assasins with a license to kill or beat or harass.

Was the gun planted on Paris Nicholson? Was it put there, despite the fact that he has never been seen with or been known to carry a gun before? Was Paris' assassin of Mexican descent and part of a gang himself, or at the least in close relationship with mexican gang individuals? Wouldn't shooting an individual in the back be considered a punk, cowardly move? Would a police department put forth a sincere and honest investigation to ensure that proper actions are taken?

I will whole-heartedly support the family of Paris Nicholson and hope that there is an outpouring of community support, support from churches and activists, an outpouring of political leadership who wants to get to the bottom of this and all other street-corner lynchings that really render you people self-appointed murderers.
Sher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

Judged:

STUPID PEOPLE wrote:
I hope you and the person who fired the shots go straight to hell!
Green

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

former Summit resident wrote:
Most of the Summit Police officers are dumb ass graduates from Argo who think they're big shit cuz they can carry a gun. So Mr. Green, at this time you and your fellow officers are nothing more than fake ass wanna be tough cops who are just trigger happy.
Thats Mrs. Green, thank you.And I am not a cop all I said is if the gangbanger pointed a gun and threated me that I would light his ass too. You wouldn't?
Ridiculous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

Judged:

Look Green ... Mrs..Mr...Ms...or It... no gun was aimed at any police officer by Paris. There are actually eyewitnesses, and the REAL truth will come out. The person above who claimed to be a police officer said journalists say anything to sell papers. Is that person really trying to convince others that there's more motivation to sell papers than there is to keep an "officer" out of prison for wrongfully discharging a firearm? GIVE ME A BREAK ... THINK PEOPLE! Why is it that EVERY SINGLE time a "police officer" shoots and kills someone, they are RIGHT in what they did? They never make mistakes or err, do they? It's just alllllllllllwayyyyyyyys justified, huh? Ok, right.

I know black men and women, as well as white men and women who are assaulted, called names, and otherwise intimidated by these people who are supposed to serve and protect. They plant evidence, they shoot without provocation, they call names, they use racially derogatory names, they absolutely profile, and people are afraid of the police and intimidated by them. Just look at the ugly names and innuendo by the supposed police officer above, and try to make sense of the fact that this individual is charged with the task of protecting all people - serving and protectin all people - yet he/she speaks of some people in those terms. How lovely is that. Doesn't he/she speak well for the police in general? Wow ... he/she is exactly who I would want to objectively provide me with protection. <EYEROLL/SARCASM>

If a real investigation is held, and this family is going to make SURE that it is, the truth will come out. There were eyes around that day, and the "officer" was alone as he shot this man - some bullets striking him at close range - and it will therefore be interesting to see how "honorable" he's made out to be when the whole truth is uncovered.

People wonder why these people in uniform are not respected by so many law abiding individuals ... why we don't cringe when karma comes back to bite them. It's because of their corruption and illegal carrying out of their own biased sense of "judgement." They want to play God, but ironically enough it will be God who serves real vengeance on them because He's a God of justice.

Just for the record, by the way, Paris was not affiliated with any street gang, and EVERYBODY knows and knew that. So this latest lie on the part of those trying to cover over the wrong of this assassin who took a life will simply not prevail.
Green wrote:
<quoted text>

Thats Mrs. Green, thank you.And I am not a cop all I said is if the gangbanger pointed a gun and threated me that I would light his ass too. You wouldn't?
Injustice

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2006

Judged:

Oh they will, Sher. My daughter made a profound comment the other day, based on all the police killings that we have either heard about or out of knowing someone personally over the years. She said, "there will be a lot of police officers in hell." Their criminality will be rewarded only in this life, but the thing they apparently miss is that the ETERNAL reward will be missed because of their corruption, street-corner lynchings, and because God regards life very highly and doesn't appreciate their taking of life simply because they feel they can. So don't worry, Sher, God's got this one -- believe that!
Sher wrote:
<quoted text>

I hope you and the person who fired the shots go straight to hell!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min WAKE UP DEM VOTERS 1,079,027
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min Frijoles 68,368
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 min Corrupt Democrats 1,855
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 48 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 50 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 53 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 57 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••