of 3
Next Last

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#42 Jan 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. If you're so terrified of driving, don't. There are other alternatives.
And therefore limiting yourself.

Which was my point.
EJG

Manchester, CT

#43 Jan 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
L1: Amy sort of nailed it, actually.
Yes, she certainly did.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#44 Jan 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. If you're so terrified of driving, don't. There are other alternatives.
Yes. There are other alternatives. But the point everyone and ther emother has made and you fail to acknowledge is that by not driving, your options are limited. Life is that much more difficult. You cite people who are legally blind. You don't think that their inability to drive adds extra hurdles to their daily lives? Sure they manage, but with greater difficulty than someone who drives.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#45 Jan 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. There are other alternatives. But the point everyone and ther emother has made and you fail to acknowledge is that by not driving, your options are limited. Life is that much more difficult. You cite people who are legally blind. You don't think that their inability to drive adds extra hurdles to their daily lives? Sure they manage, but with greater difficulty than someone who drives.
Gee tonka and squishy, I had no idea that being unable to drive a car was in any way limiting. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Here's another news flash, the inability to swim limits how far into the deep end you can go. Just thought you'd like to know!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#46 Jan 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Here's another news flash, the inability to swim limits how far into the deep end you can go.
No, it doesn't. Being unable to swim limits whether you will ever return rom the deep end.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#47 Jan 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
L3: What's wrong with using financial aid to pay off cc debt? I think it sounds pretty smart. Like Race, I wasn't at the table the first time this was served so maybe I'm missing something.
One thing: CC debt can be written off in a bankruptcy (not as easily as it used to), but student loans can't.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#48 Jan 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing: CC debt can be written off in a bankruptcy (not as easily as it used to), but student loans can't.
Wouldn't filing bankruptcy be even worse? Tonka?

;)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#49 Jan 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't filing bankruptcy be even worse? Tonka?
;)
If you can do it, at least you've wiped that debt free. But student loan debt can stay with you forever.

I wasn't recommending it (bankruptcy!), though.:) However, student loans typically have very low interest rates and long pay-back periods, so I can see how, if it's what saves your butt in a rough period, it's an option.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#50 Jan 17, 2013
LW1: The intern nailed it. Hey, LW---if I were your poor wife I'd be a lot madder at *you* than I am at your rotten family. You're a disgraceful, spineless, passive ahole for not standing up for your wife and kids.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#51 Jan 18, 2013
Right!
Drivers ed and firearm safety should be required classes!
I totally agree
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

The LW needs to learn, even if they choose not to own a car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,110,868
Abby 9-22 6 min Kuuipo 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,208
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min mahz 49,939
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min Mister Tonka 98,251
Abby 9-21-14 31 min PEllen 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 37 min Common Sense 4,034
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••