Will city of Chicago soon ban individuals from having passengers as they drive?

Posted in the Chicago Forum

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 25, 2014
The taxi-business in Chicago is up in arms. Mad that someone with a little ability to think for themselves have he guts to stay outside their clan.

What is now called ride share and what is now called taxi will eventually become deregulated. This is the only way I see this working out.

Otherwise, I think the government will soon have to hire 100K new cops to just check that nobody is picking anyone else up.

Finally, I wonder what will happen to the taxi "medallions" you need to pay a lot for even to get to drive a cab. What a racket. Taxi drivers, if you feel you are being given too mAny regulations fight for yourselves. Don't blame ride share people for your own misery. If you feel the regulations are excess then fight to remove them instead of wanting to drag anyone else down with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min red and right 1,208,277
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Jacques in Orleans 186,025
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min Penceative people 99,316
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 52,445
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Red_Forman 828
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,163
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,833
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]