First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 Feb 13, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
Open marriages are one thing. Banging your sister-in-law takes it to another level of stupid, and telling your mother about it takes it off the chart. Even animals know better than to sh.t where they eat. And why bother to get married if you are not going to be monogamous?
I figure, adults -- even related ones -- can do as they please. But then what to do when kids come along? Can you keep all of that a secret? Kids figure stuff out!

Heh my # is 6669
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#22 Feb 13, 2013
Didn't say I agreed with it, just said I believe it goes on.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

#23 Feb 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure, adults -- even related ones -- can do as they please. But then what to do when kids come along? Can you keep all of that a secret? Kids figure stuff out!
Heh my # is 6669
I'm normally a pretty live-and-let-live person myself. The good thing here is that nobody is sneaking around. I don't have sisters. But I think of all of the women I know... Some of them keep their husbands and boyfriends on pretty short leashes. I've had women give me the side-eye for *talking* to their husbands. In my wildest imagination, I cannot fathom another woman offering to let me borrow her husband for some naked yoga. And if one did, I can't imagine thinking that it would be a good idea to accept such an offer. If Alicia just wants to do the horizontal mambo, there are plenty of single, unrelated men who'd be happy to accomodate her. And what if Sam decides that he prefers Alicia? IMHO, they are asking for trouble.

Location hidden

#24 Feb 13, 2013
There are women who aren't jealous and can handle it.

I'm not one of them.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25 Feb 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm not one of them.
Sister stuff is pretty out there, tho.

Location hidden

#26 Feb 13, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
If Alicia just wants to do the horizontal mambo, there are plenty of single, unrelated men who'd be happy to accomodate her.
That may be true, but extremely attractive and successful men are not exactly a dime a dozen.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

#27 Feb 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm not one of them.
Me, neither. And I have never met a woman that was THAT jealousy-free, even out here in the land of fruit, nuts, and flakes. It has to be pretty unusual.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#28 Feb 13, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm normally a pretty live-and-let-live person myself. The good thing here is that nobody is sneaking around. I don't have sisters. But I think of all of the women I know... Some of them keep their husbands and boyfriends on pretty short leashes. I've had women give me the side-eye for *talking* to their husbands. In my wildest imagination, I cannot fathom another woman offering to let me borrow her husband for some naked yoga. And if one did, I can't imagine thinking that it would be a good idea to accept such an offer. If Alicia just wants to do the horizontal mambo, there are plenty of single, unrelated men who'd be happy to accomodate her. And what if Sam decides that he prefers Alicia? IMHO, they are asking for trouble.
Maybe they just watched "The Big Chill" too many times.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#29 Feb 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they just watched "The Big Chill" too many times.
Did you know that the corpse's hands which opens the movie are Kevin Costner?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#30 Feb 13, 2013
What does his success have to do with her? Do you think it's important to her that she is boned by someone successful? Personally I dont care if she is a CEO, as long as she is pleasing on the eye.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but extremely attractive and successful men are not exactly a dime a dozen.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#31 Feb 13, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the type of guys you marry. If you're just wanting NSA sex, pick up a 20 something at a bar.

Location hidden

#32 Feb 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>What does his success have to do with her? Do you think it's important to her that she is boned by someone successful? Personally I dont care if she is a CEO, as long as she is pleasing on the eye.
Women in particular are drawn to men with brains ... success is often times tied to this. A successful, polished, nice looking man, is going to be much more attractive to a lot of women ... especially one who seems to be successful herself or heading in that direction herself.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#33 Feb 13, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Women in particular are drawn to men with brains
Women also are more often looking for something more than just NSA sex. So in that regard, brains are part of the gameplan. But if NSA sex IS the gameplan, brains are irrelevant.
Julie

Chicago, IL

#34 Feb 13, 2013
LW1: Your daughters are TOTALLY effin' with you. At least, I *hope* they are.
If they're being truthful <shudder>, then they're both completely amoral whackjobs. And YOU raised them. Congrats.

Location hidden

#35 Feb 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Women also are more often looking for something more than just NSA sex. So in that regard, brains are part of the gameplan. But if NSA sex IS the gameplan, brains are irrelevant.
Maybe to you.

I would rather have NSA sex with a woman with brains than with one without and I'm a guy. Dopey women are not attractive to me ... Jessica Simpson and Anna Nicole Smith may as well look like the hunch back of Norte Dame.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#36 Feb 13, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe to you.
I would rather have NSA sex with a woman with brains than with one without and I'm a guy. Dopey women are not attractive to me ... Jessica Simpson and Anna Nicole Smith may as well look like the hunch back of Norte Dame.
Sweet.
More for me.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#37 Feb 13, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
1. People have open marriages, there is a shoe for every foot (as my gramps said) so I can believe the scenario the LW spelled out. I can also believe that mommmy wasn't very attentive and nurturing when she was raising her daughters.
Hey, she taught them to share nicely with each other!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38 Feb 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm not one of them.
There are plenty of us who aren't, and can.

Location hidden

#39 Feb 13, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>There are plenty of us who aren't, and can.
Yup. I saw a documentary on multiple marriages (it was one man, two women, for the most part) and it was very interesting. Completely changed my mind on the whole thing.

If you can do it in a healthy, loving way, I see no harm. In many cultures, having more than one wife is not unusual at all. I can see if you grow up in one of those cultures, youdon't bat at an eye at this stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Frijoles 71,213
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min EasyEed 1,155,606
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min OzRitz 49,310
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cheftell 68,907
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 182,041
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,873
Dear Abby 12-25 3 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News