2 shot near high school in Summit

2 shot near high school in Summit

There are 203 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 8, 2007, titled 2 shot near high school in Summit. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two people, believed to be in their teens, were shot Thursday night near Argo Community High School in Summit, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
tyrone cavitt

Wheaton, IL

#2 Nov 8, 2007
I would not recommend living in Summit. It is the most corrupt village in the county of Cook. The police department is working for the local street gang: Harlem Latin Kings and that makes for no police protection in our village. This is from a first hand experience.
Mary

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2007
Summit and the adjacent Garfield Ridge and Clearing neighoborhoods of Chicago have changed rapidly in the last couple of years.
Nothing but illegal Mexican gang bangers and punks there along with swarms of illegal aliens. None of those areas are safe anymore.
Disgusted

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 21, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Summit police are corrupt. I know that the police department in neighboring Bedford Park is as corrupt as they come.
Summitmom

Bloomington, IL

#11 Dec 1, 2007
tyrone cavitt wrote:
I would not recommend living in Summit. It is the most corrupt village in the county of Cook. The police department is working for the local street gang: Harlem Latin Kings and that makes for no police protection in our village. This is from a first hand experience.
If everyone is so unhappy living in Summit, why stay? Really, is it worth you and your wife and kids being unhappy? Everyone's here to "bitch and whine" about the police or the gangbangers but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Move if your so unhappy. Change things if they're not to your liking but for God's sake, do something.
News Flash

Canada

#12 Dec 1, 2007
They do have great burittos
Corey

Eden Prairie, MN

#14 Dec 1, 2007
Bush is for open boarders, he wont fix anything. scummit it a pit but I like el famous burritos at 4am
ChgoCUBS wrote:
Summit one more reason we need to tighten up our borders and increase our gun laws. All those chicken s--t mexican gangbangers. We white people have let this great country of ours go down the toilet...We need Bush in office 4 more years to fix this mess!
gringo

Morton Grove, IL

#16 Dec 1, 2007
just another day in the hood
Wake up folks

Naperville, IL

#17 Dec 3, 2007
Summitmom wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone is so unhappy living in Summit, why stay? Really, is it worth you and your wife and kids being unhappy? Everyone's here to "bitch and whine" about the police or the gangbangers but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Move if your so unhappy. Change things if they're not to your liking but for God's sake, do something.
If we had the money to move, we would; since we don't we won't. If I lived in a glass house, I wouldn't throw stones but since I live in the real world, I don't believe in anyone disturbing my family. True, I have a wife and children, so this means you know who I am. Don't comment on my life or what's going on in my house, unless you can wear my shoes. When I did try to do something about these corrupt ass police and the complaint was resolved, they decided to retaliate against me. So, I will fight for the rights guaranteed me by the U.S. Constitution, not just the laws of a f***ed up town and if this is gangbanging, then it is what it is. If the police will not do anything to stop this b.s., then, yes I will stand up for my family and people like you. You know, the ones that let the police and gangbangers walk on you and think it's o.k. In college, my professor told me always be a man because a coward dies a thousand deaths but a man only dies once. Believe me, I will only have 1 death! You are more than willing to purchase my house and I will gladly move out of this sh**y place, otherwise, the struggle continues. Like Malcom, "By any means necessary."
idiots

United States

#20 Dec 4, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Summit police are corrupt. I know that the police department in neighboring Bedford Park is as corrupt as they come.
And your evidence of the corruption in Bedford Park would be what? You have no clue what you are talking about...be interested to hear your "proof". Oh, that's right you don't have any. It's not corrupt when they keep your gangbanging scum from coming under the Archer underpass. Literally, stay on your side of the tracks.
annoyed

Chicago, IL

#21 Dec 4, 2007
Summitmom wrote:
<quoted text>
don't comment on sh*t you know nothing about. you don't know sh*t that goes on so keep your mouth closed!
WOW

Elmhurst, IL

#23 Dec 4, 2007
Perhaps the Fire and Police personal should be trained in gender identification

Since: Nov 07

Chicago

#24 Dec 4, 2007
Mary wrote:
Summit and the adjacent Garfield Ridge and Clearing neighoborhoods of Chicago have changed rapidly in the last couple of years.
Nothing but illegal Mexican gang bangers and punks there along with swarms of illegal aliens. None of those areas are safe anymore.
Hey wait a minute....I live in Garfield Ridge and it is by no means infested. Now Clearing and Summit are gone. But we do not have one gang in our area and our neighborhood watch program works very closely with the Chicago Police and Alderman to report, as much as we can without profiling, illegal immigrants. The main way we keep them out is by reporting illegal conversions to the Alderman who it turns turns it over to the building s Dept.
Chicago Expatriate

Columbia, SC

#30 Dec 6, 2007
Dan-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey wait a minute....I live in Garfield Ridge and it is by no means infested. Now Clearing and Summit are gone. But we do not have one gang in our area and our neighborhood watch program works very closely with the Chicago Police and Alderman to report, as much as we can without profiling, illegal immigrants. The main way we keep them out is by reporting illegal conversions to the Alderman who it turns turns it over to the building s Dept.
Your neighborhood's days are numbered. It's just stunning how much the SW side has deteriorated since 1990. This has accelerated the last 5 years or so. From Brighton Park and Gage Park on the east all the way to Garfield Ridge. It's very depressing, as this part of Chicago was a bastion of stability for many generations. I know people can see my internet address, but I do keep in touch.

Chicago

#31 Dec 6, 2007
Tim1979 wrote:
Gosh, Dan-Chicago, there's just "one Mexican kid" in your son's class at St. Daniel the Prophet School? How very proud you must be about your local Catholic school's racial purity! What a fine Christ-like example you must be setting for your boy. Keep up the good work!
If you would read the previous posts people were saying my area was full of illegals and mostly hispanic. I was just using that as an example that I do not see that in my neighborhood. And I am very proud of the school my son attends. I also never mentioned that I was a church going catholic...Let me guess, you're hispanic and you're offended how people associate crappy neighborhoods with hispanics?
HoHo

Mishawaka, IN

#32 Dec 6, 2007
Mexican Gangbangers! Oh, but we need to protect more illegals to stay here and make more "anchor" children to suck on the government tit.
La Migra

Mishawaka, IN

#33 Dec 6, 2007
For every illegal living here there are 20 Anglos breaking the law and blaming us. Do no blame us for you evil ways, American people need us, because we are the hardest working people living here.

America has no human rights and justice trying to make us leave a country which is ours. The next 30 years we will own this country and push the Anglos out to Canada or where they born.

Mark my words.

Chicago

#34 Dec 6, 2007
La Migra wrote:
For every illegal living here there are 20 Anglos breaking the law and blaming us. Do no blame us for you evil ways, American people need us, because we are the hardest working people living here.
America has no human rights and justice trying to make us leave a country which is ours. The next 30 years we will own this country and push the Anglos out to Canada or where they born.
Mark my words.
Oh yeah that makes alot of sense. Whites all over are breaking the law....Even if this were true do you think we would be stupid enough to run around with our flag of origin and demand anything. Most of the time when you break the law in this country, you like to try and hide that fact. Not you though, you can break the law and run around with a t-shirt stating "I'm illegal, so what" right? You are ticking people off for this very reason, if you just came over to work then I would have never known anything about you. You guys started this with your 500,000 illegal marches.....throwing your illegal ways in Americans faces, how did you think we would react? Here let me give you a hug?

Chicago

#35 Dec 6, 2007
Chicago Expatriate wrote:
<quoted text>Your neighborhood's days are numbered. It's just stunning how much the SW side has deteriorated since 1990. This has accelerated the last 5 years or so. From Brighton Park and Gage Park on the east all the way to Garfield Ridge. It's very depressing, as this part of Chicago was a bastion of stability for many generations. I know people can see my internet address, but I do keep in touch.
I know, I lived first in Brighton park, then Mckinley Park at a young age.These two neighborhoods are gang infested and the home prices are worth nothing....I go there and all I see is mexican flags and businesses is spainish everywhere. There are many ethnic neighborhoods in Chicago. You've got Italians, Polish, Chinese and nothing looks as bad or is more crime ridden than hispanic neighborhoods. Why is this? Our Alderman is working with us to report illegal conversion homes, multiple familys in single family homes. If graffiti is done anywhere in the neighborhood, it is off within hours. There are more and more watch groups forming now too. We can hold our small little area, I have to, I work for the City and cannot live anywhere else.
WTF

Chicago, IL

#36 Dec 6, 2007
idiots wrote:
<quoted text> And your evidence of the corruption in Bedford Park would be what? You have no clue what you are talking about...be interested to hear your "proof". Oh, that's right you don't have any. It's not corrupt when they keep your gangbanging scum from coming under the Archer underpass. Literally, stay on your side of the tracks.
I don't need to stay on "[my] side of the tracks." It's not my "gangbanging scum." You couldn't pay me enough to live in either Summit or Bedford Park. Ahh--nothing beats smelling that stinky Corn Products ambrosia you poor folks have to breathe in every day. I'm referring to the corruption in Bedford's mayor's office, which controls your police department and smells as bad as Corn Products. And I don't need to give you any "proof" of what I'm referring to. If you actually live or work in Bedford you know what I'm talking about. You're probably part of the problem.
Tim1979

Chicago, IL

#37 Dec 7, 2007
Dan-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would read the previous posts people were saying my area was full of illegals and mostly hispanic. I was just using that as an example that I do not see that in my neighborhood. And I am very proud of the school my son attends. I also never mentioned that I was a church going catholic...Let me guess, you're hispanic and you're offended how people associate crappy neighborhoods with hispanics?
With all due respect, your guess is wrong. I am not Hispanic. And yes, I did read your previous posts; in fact, I just re-read them, and I notice you used the words "mess" and "infested" to describe the presence of Mexicans in a neighborhood. Further, in another post, you seem to say that Byrne Elementary School is a decent school---yet it's clear that you choose to spend several thousand dollars a year to send your son to St. Daniel the Prophet School---despite the fact that you seem to be saying that you are not a practicing Catholic who does not keep God's most basic and easy-to-do Commandment---Keep Holy the Sabbath. In light of all that, why would you send your son to St. Daniel the Prophet School?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,642,931
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min No worries, Mate 64,133
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 243,002
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 6 hr ThomasA 4
Live From "Earth II"....? 10 hr 2 MANY 2 LIST 3
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 10 hr Amazing Skulduggery 6
Help me 10 hr Silverback Rape 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages