Jesse Jackson Jr., promising political scion, resigns

There are 7 comments on the Reuters story from Nov 21, 2012, titled Jesse Jackson Jr., promising political scion, resigns. In it, Reuters reports that:

Jesse Jackson Jr. is the namesake son of one of the most prominent black men in the United States, a progressive-minded activist whose ascent into public life prompted talk of a new era of African-American political power.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

d chicago

New York, NY

#1 Nov 22, 2012
just another negro elected/promoted to a position for which he was unqualified, unprepared, or lacking the skill set needed to preform and set up for failure by afirmative action.
Jackson just another prime time example of " The Peter principle" the business text book that describes people who rise to a level of imcompentence then they fail because they lack the talent or ability to suceed in the position they have been promoted or elected to.

His dad ( jessie fill my pockets first) Jackson ducking the issue of the 400 dead black kids in the city, his lame sister S jackson proclaiming on TV "Chicago doesn't have a violence problem".

But ya get what ya vote for . ya cast a ballot for lame negros what know nothing but have black faces and you get empty suits or dresses that know nothing
Ann

Highland Park, IL

#2 Nov 22, 2012
If you want yourrant to be taken seriously, get your facts straight.

He is an adulterer who used campaign money to buy a $40,000 Rolex for his mistress.

He is corrupt in that he allowed his backers to try and buy Blagojevich for the Senate seat.

He got a start in politics based on his name rather than grass root efforts.

He probably is mentally ill, assuming you can't bribe Mayo Clinic on medical matters

However, since 1995 he has represented a very mixed Dem & Rep District well on issues and made strong efforts to get the new airport in his district ( unsuccessfully, thankfully), his corruption did not seem to include taking bribes and Sandi is his wife, not his sister.

You gotta feel for a man who, in the midst of all this, has his mother go on TV and explain all this because he has sooo many disappointments in his life like not getting to be Senator and not getting to be mayor and not owning a huge beer distributing business like his brother,etc.
Tyrone

Hardy, AR

#3 Nov 22, 2012
turkey recipe-enjoy

Cooking tip for you:

TURKEY RECIPE

I thought this sounded good! Here is a turkey recipe that also includes
the use of popcorn as a stuffing ingredient -- imagine that. When I found
this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not
sure how to tell when turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give
this a try.

1 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)
1 cup un-popped popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT IS BEST)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt,
and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan making sure the
neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.

After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.

When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room,.... it's done.

And like the turkey you can blow it out your ass.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Watchn

Livermore, CA

#4 Nov 22, 2012
Ann wrote:
If you want yourrant to be taken seriously, get your facts straight.

He is an adulterer who used campaign money to buy a $40,000 Rolex for his mistress.

He is corrupt in that he allowed his backers to try and buy Blagojevich for the Senate seat.

He got a start in politics based on his name rather than grass root efforts.

He probably is mentally ill, assuming you can't bribe Mayo Clinic on medical matters

However, since 1995 he has represented a very mixed Dem & Rep District well on issues and made strong efforts to get the new airport in his district ( unsuccessfully, thankfully), his corruption did not seem to include taking bribes and Sandi is his wife, not his sister.

You gotta feel for a man who, in the midst of all this, has his mother go on TV and explain all this because he has sooo many disappointments in his life like not getting to be Senator and not getting to be mayor and not owning a huge beer distributing business like his brother,etc.
Well said. d Chicago is an idiot.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Nov 22, 2012
another crooked black pol down, one more to go residing in the white hut.
For Sure

Lebanon, VA

#6 Nov 22, 2012
d chicago wrote:
just another negro elected/promoted to a position for which he was unqualified, unprepared, or lacking the skill set needed to preform and set up for failure by afirmative action.
Jackson just another prime time example of " The Peter principle" the business text book that describes people who rise to a level of imcompentence then they fail because they lack the talent or ability to suceed in the position they have been promoted or elected to.
His dad ( jessie fill my pockets first) Jackson ducking the issue of the 400 dead black kids in the city, his lame sister S jackson proclaiming on TV "Chicago doesn't have a violence problem".
But ya get what ya vote for . ya cast a ballot for lame negros what know nothing but have black faces and you get empty suits or dresses that know nothing
Very wel stated. Nothing else needs saying.
Cross Bow

Hardy, AR

#7 Nov 22, 2012
No plea bargain for him. He has been negotiating for the last 30 days with the Feds. He is a criminal by all accounts in news reports (Blago seat purchase attempt, using campaign funds for mistress and personal expenses). This was known for weeks. Only in Chicago can you elect a black politician who is out of sight for months. We had a Cook County President (John Stroger) re-elected even though he had suffered a massive stroke and was severely debilitated. To make matters worse, the week after he was elected in absentia the office was "given" to his son Todd Stroger. Todd's former political service experience included work for the Chicago Park District and now he is the Cook County Board president? I wish I were making this up but I am not. I have lived in Illinois for most of my 48 years and will move as soon as my youngest child is off to college. A corrupt state that only seems to breed corrupt criminal politicians. Jesse Senior will rally around his son and ask us to pray for him at a time of need just as he has for months. Junior is a criminal and should be in jail ASAP. A needy person steals $100 of food for his family and is caught and spends months in jail. A white collar criminal doesn't use a gun but breaks law after law and will go to a Federal prison for 24 months and a day. You watch. Another funny Jackson Family fact: Jesse Senior owns a restricted Liquor Distribution company in Chicago. This means that if you want to buy Budweiser and other alcoholic products in certain areas you can only buy them from him. He will sit there and march about stopping the violence while at the same time profiting handsomely from the 40 ounce Malt liquors targeted at African Americans. What a hypocrite! Jackson family getting payback for the seeds they have sown. God Bless America and Happy Thanksgiving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 52,999
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,763
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,223,644
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 3 hr joey 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,782
abby may 3-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 9 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]