Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer joined Redflex c...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

After Carol Stream Police Chief Rick Willing recommended his town hire Redflex Traffic Systems, village officials approved a contract with the Arizona-based red-light camera vendor in December 2007.

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 160 of178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

made u look wrote:
<quoted text>already illegal in many states ,... i've been to glenn cove -nice little town,..hey do you know bob and pam?......
Know lots of Bobs and one Pam, but not together and not from Glen Cove.
BTW, I'm not from GC, that's just where my ISP seems to reside.
Very Handsome

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Hope they get my good side
made u look

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

--some guy drives around Chicago wearing a rubber ape mask ,...they cant find him guilty in court without a positive face i.d. photo !--he gets OFF on the G.D. red light cam tickets,....try it !
idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

i know sumtimes those cameras flash for no reason even if u didnt do nothing wrong.i was waiting on red when this suv was behind the line ready to make a turn on green, and the minute he went i saw that flash.you see what i mean.thats another way they collect money.fu
PISSED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

Just move out of shitcagoland.....problem solved
hey

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

wuts gud- where
carolstream il

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

red lights cameras POS aint doing us no good.
Satan

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Just get a bb gun and have some fun.Or fight the bs
we need change

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Judged:

what i hate the most is...im in the center of all those streets like gary, kuhn, and north ave. they form a damn prison box around my neighborhood. going to school and work is a hastle trying to use residencial streets...i have to wake up a half hour early just so i can cut off this damn red light intersections.....as if they don't already take enough money of ours...if they keep this ...i agree with the red light in one decision...we need to remodel some stuff. the library is a one floor building..the glenbard north school has no windows..we could get a bigger fire department maybe even a completely new library like addison public library did.. their town is what our town should be like.. even though they have drugs and gang stuff. they still managed to remodel all thier school..like indain trial junior high and addison trail high scholl and they got a completely new library. that is how a town should use thier money that they gather up in these stupid scams. i come from a family of 3 sisters and mom. parents are divorced so money is hard to come by... we can't even afford a game console. let alone pay for these damn red light tickets.
enigmaforever

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Knoxville News Sentinel Co."After 30 years with the Knoxville Police Department, 52-year-old Bill Roehl has opted for retirement, creating a vacancy in the post of deputy chief over the patrol division.Roehl leaves the Knoxville Police Department for a new full-time job with Redflex Traffic Systems///THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH "A Columbus City Council member whose committees oversee legislation dealing with road construction, red-light cameras and environmental issues borrowed money from a lobbyist whose clients are interested in the same topics" "refused to disclose the amount of the loan ". Akron Becon Journal--"City Council president criticizes William Healy II for contracts involving campaign contributors" "Schulman pointed to two contributions of $125 each on July 8 from individuals associated with Redflex Traffic Systems Inc. of Phoenix" By Gerry Smith Chicago Tribune Reporter July 15, 2009 After Carol Stream Police Chief Rick Willing recommended his town hire Redflex Traffic Systems, village officials approved a contract with the Arizona-based red-light camera vendor in December 2007. Less than a year later, Willing retired from the force and began working for Redflex.
Carol Stream Police Suck

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

November 21 2009
Carol Stream...lived here for four decades...
cops used to be cool and I knew them all by name...some remain...but, most of the good ones have moved on...and the attitude is changed...we have a revenue machine.....protect and serve? not even close...
Carol Stream Illinois..where I live....has a crazy police dept that
spends inordinate amounts of time and effort chasing seat-belt
scofflaws...(.the most dangerous crime, of course)
these cops dress as construction workers along the side of the road to
peep cars for seat belt criminals...when they spot one, they radio
call the wolf pack of 4 to 6 cop cars (parked 1/4 mile down the road
-- concealed and waiting) and send one to pursue the hardened
criminal....
or they set up a Constitution Violation Checkpoint...these pricks like to call 'em "safety"...but every last one of them knows they are not upholding the constitution and the 4th amendment.....they know...yet, they continue to pull this crap...
anyway....
they set these seat belt traps up all over town....I've seen them
on Gary and North....County Farm and Army Trail...Elk Trail.....
It's good....because seat belt scofflaws are very dangerous and have
been known to sell crack and rob banks too. I even heard that a seat
belt scofflaws ran over a grammy trying to cross the blvd.
what really is dangerous, last week on a busy Saturday, a construction
worker...um I mean cop dressed as a construction worker...spotted one
of the dangerous seat belt deniers and put the call in to the brave
officer waiting just down the road....
a pack of 20 or so cars just passed by the the cop.....and the cop
needed to get his perp....
so what does this dumb freakin' cop do....he blows down the center
lane of County Farm road doing about 85.....between 4 lanes filled with cars,
(trying to get to the front of the pack where the perp was) raising a cloud of dusty salt and debris in center of the road..with
Saturday morning traffic....I mean...this was the most dangerous bull
crap stunt...or wait...was it.....I know the guy or girl that was not
wearing the seat belt might have been on the way to sell some crack
and run over a grammy while tipping a bank.....
BTW The era of the good cops in Carol Stream is over....these nazi punks is what we gots....
Joe A...way back in the day.. was a good Carol Stream cop...and there were others....I don't know the names of many of these 60 or so dupes we have now...but, they are a joke. I don't want to know 'em. They can keep to their dumb selves..
CHICAGO JOE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

CAROL STREAM POLICE STATE UPDATE > co'worker of mine; "Ron" lives in Carol Stream. Drives to 7-11, makes purchase, gets into his vehicle and notices a nearby police car. As Ron drives away, police pull him over. He was NOT speeding nor violating ANY traffic laws. They ran his plate and found he was past due for a fine in the village. They cuffed him, put his wallet and keys on hood of his truck, sent him DIRECT to County Jail and TOWED his truck. He could not bail himself out as he did not have his wallet. 16 hrs in jail overnight, missed work,$200 to tow company. CAROL STREAM POLICE ! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PEOPLE IN THAT MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT ! And some JERK says the former police chief was an honest man ? What a LIE !
Jeff

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

The get a commission from the towing company. If he had been an illegal they would have let him go.
Jeff

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Judged:

CHICAGO JOE wrote:
...... the former police chief was an honest man ? What a LIE !
It was true. Many years back, the chief ran an honest department and would not have allowed such abuse. A new chief tells his crew to "extract as much money as you can, we no longer are here to serve the public, we are here to serve ourselves". They let drug dealers, gangs, and illegals alone, they just go after high revenue tickets they know would cost more to go to court to fight then it is worth.
elmhurst il

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

red light cameras are a good thing.it saves lives-because you dont know how many people we get at the hospital in serious condition, death, coma due to reckless dumb people driving on the road!!!Get used to it people red light cameras aren't going anywhere....
Barney hater

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

I have lived in Carol Stream for 5 years now and have come to the realization that this village employs only morons as police officers! Last summer I was driving south on Kuhn just past Lies when some big black cop jumps out of a bush and screams at me to pull over all the while screaming obscenities at both me and my wife. My 7 year old is in the back seat while this is going on. He insists we were not wearing our seatbelt although we both were. Finally I said "Look, do you think I would go through the trouble of strapping my son into a car seat and not wear MY seatbelt?" He then let me go. I should not have to fear abuse from these Barneys especially in front of my wife and son. I should not have to worry about being held up at these boneheaded seat belt checks. Anyone who lives here knows that their is a problem with drugs and gangs in the apartment complexes but these idiots don't bother with that when there is money to be made off of honest citizens. Don't get me started on that bum Saverino either! The sooner that ignorant fool of a mayor is voted out of office the better off all citizens of Carol Stream will be!
carol stream resident

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

the only gang in carol stream is the punk cops. here are three names of the biggest jerks in the force. sgt zochert, officer white, officer boshart stay away from these scumbags!!!!
carol stream

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

i agree with you,i hate their guts.
screwu

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

boycott all the local business near the cameras !---- they had the dreaded cameras near woodfield mall - last year ,...people sent letters and stopped going to woodfield ,...----guess what --? the boycott worked --schaumberg REMOVED the cameras -- chalk one up for the people !
screwu

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

just avoid cs -- dont shop there any more -- take a diffrent rout home --stay off the streets ,...punish the dimwits ,...boycott them all ,...they will get the message

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••