Red-light cameras: Carol Stream polic...

Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer joined Redflex c...

There are 179 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 14, 2009, titled Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer joined Redflex c.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

After Carol Stream Police Chief Rick Willing recommended his town hire Redflex Traffic Systems, village officials approved a contract with the Arizona-based red-light camera vendor in December 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Rondell Batavia il

Carol Stream, IL

#127 Jul 30, 2009
I agree wit you man,you hit that right on the head,don't go fighting to not pay a ticket especially one's that come in the mail.Cops are above all of us,they do what they want when they want.It sucks but that's just how f***** up they are.

United States

#128 Aug 4, 2009
Does anyone know if you will be ticketed if you stopped at the red light but crossed over the white line???
speak up Carol Stream IL

Carol Stream, IL

#129 Aug 5, 2009
Yes,you will be ticketed for going over the line,so be careful you'll see a flash go off right behind you. believe me i've seen so much,people being stupid.$100 ticket....bye
Glendale hts IL

Carol Stream, IL

#130 Aug 5, 2009
$100.00 they aint playin around,drive like old folks in u should be fine then.
concerned citizen

Carol Stream, IL

#131 Aug 6, 2009
carol stream red light: SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST

Oak Forest, IL

#132 Aug 14, 2009
Impeach Obama wrote:
There is a law that says that you must stop at an intersection for a red light before the white line and stay there until the light changes to green. If you are turning right on red, you must still come to a COMPLETE stop before the white line before turning right while proceeding with caution. This is for your safety and the safety of others around the intersection. If you disobey the rule and if there is an electronic device that captures your actions, then you should recieve a ticket. Maybe $100 is too much, but you should still be ticketed. Because of those red light cameras, I am more carefull around intersections and know that I won't be ticketed because i follow those simple rules.
Let the slamming begin.
Or one simply hangs a right before the camera light, hang a left and then a right, to avoid the revenue generating light. In which case they do not get their revenue from the so called California stop violation which only assholes like to write tickets for.

This way the cowards can ticket and fine without hearing undesirable feedback from the victim of anal enforcement methods which would cost any politician his office if it was known that he advocated such merciless enforcement.

The cameras are brought in as a trojan horse offering promises of safety while expanding tota;itarian revenue gebneration methods.

Of course, There is a way to avoid the problem lights for those who do not wish to be subject to highway robbery, leaving the less familar nonlocals to get the ticket. unless they feel like placing cameras at all stop signs as well, to ensure no one practices the deadly rolling stop.

Screw peoples rights, enforce the 3 second stop and srew them if they stop for only two seconds instead.

Bozz Scaggs just loves this way of mass producing traffic tickets to match revenue demand.

Too bad the county boards can't think of ideas that really do benefit the community without fine line highway robbery otherwise known as thieving..

There is nothing sacred concerning certain laws and when it becomes obvious that certain city councilmen with Bozz Scagg's ambitions will easily choose to acquire these magic cameras and the associated pot of gold while hoping the public community is gullible enough to accept, it is only when we see the resultant abuse when we realize the community was hoodwinked and now must live with extra authoritarian abuse.

Many are not aware of the extent to which the red light cameras are abused.

Enforcing a complete stop was never the understanding that a reasonable man in the community assumed as the purpose of the cameras.The common people thought they would be used for more flagrant red light violations.

Let us not forget that it is a foreign company profiting from these camera contracts and there are reports of employment for contracts which case previous city empolyees obtain a lucrative salaried position with the vendor after getting a contract for that vendor with his former community.

It is all about easy money for the city or village or community and completely nothing to do with safety.

It is a little well known fact that these cameras cannot generate the needed revenue to pay for themselves without turning on the right turn on ref feature.

With a little bit of skill technicians under local politician management/directions can probably calibrate these lights to make more or less revenue per month dependingon distance from election season, by adjusting the cameara trigerring conditions.
citizen carol stream il

United States

#133 Aug 26, 2009
good for the red light cameras ive noticed people aren't doing wrong as much and plus pedestrians don;'t have to be afraid now.warning $100 tickets ha ha losers
joe g carol stream il

Bloomingdale, IL

#134 Aug 31, 2009
I have lived in carol stream for about 20 plus years. I donít know about the former or present ethics of the police chiefs , but I think there tactics and professionalism is not currently being demonstrated as it should be. I donít call them police men any more, they are like a goon squad. What and how they carry out their duties are totally abusive and nobody cares. I just had a recent run in with a road block for seat belt check. In which I was not wearing at the current time of the road block. I was on my way home from my doctor getting a follow up visit for just having a massive heart attack. The belt sat across my stomach area, where I had surgery on my groin. But besides that, not only did I get a ticket for not wearing my seat belt, but I got verbally abused by an officer. He decided to give me another ticket for rolling a stop sign. I then made the mistake to go to the police department to talk to a supervisor. But unfortunately that got me no were. I felt that they just disregard everything I said.
So i was driving back home and I was pulled over again. This time I asked for the supervisor and they refused. Just then I had another heart attack. As I was being carried away in an ambulance i see the policeman laughing at me. I never thought i would see the day police men (I use that word loosely) laughing at a civilian being carried away on a stretcher. I canít even express enough how disappointed I am and what repulsion I have for the Carol Stream Police Department. I am currently putting my house up for sale and plan to move far away from here. Also just to think, I pay $8,000 a year in real estate taxes. And for that, yes, Carol Stream is a very good place to live???
concerned Glen Ellyn IL

United States

#135 Sep 5, 2009
Wow joe that was a very messed up day for you.believe me i went through a situation with them where i told them that i had a couple of idiots come up to me in my driveway and start fondling me and threatening.I told the police guess what not only did the dispatcher hang up on me but the police didnt show up for almost a half hr.I filed a complaint but nothing was done.So now iam living in glen ellyn a much better place knowing i dont have to deal with those shi*** c.s police no more.Their bull****,and have nothing better to do.Get a f***** life idiots.

Carol Stream, IL

#136 Sep 18, 2009
I have lived in Carol Stream for over 20 years, but once the economy turns around I am out of here. You have a better chance to get a ticket , before you find a good place to eat. I love our downtown strip with our landmark Lovers Lane Store. Our police force has turned into nothing but revenue dogs. The biggest disappointment is that the bank robber on 9/18/2009 did not get caught by our force. They would have loved to have another decal on their bumpers.
carol stream resident

Carol Stream, IL

#137 Sep 27, 2009
carolstream sucks to live in, the cops are nothing but a bunch of crooks stealing the tax payers money.they target are kids at the highschool for there revenue. they are supposed to help our children and families,but there nothing but thugs with a badge nobody in this town respects them!
carol stream resident

Carol Stream, IL

#138 Sep 27, 2009
your right the cops are a big problem in carol stream,but who do you think is controlling them.all they are is saverinos little revenue dogs.

West Chicago, IL

#139 Sep 27, 2009
Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2009, on the way to a wake, we saw 7 Carol Stream police cars on North Ave., between Gary and Schmale and on the way back we saw 5. All had cars pulled over. I am embarrassed and disgusted to be a resident of Carol Stream. Can't wait til the housing market rebounds and we can move.
Carol Stream Scum

Hines, IL

#140 Nov 17, 2009
chicago il

United States

#141 Nov 17, 2009
yep their losers who have no life.... i wont be surprised if they pulled over their own co worker or workers and gave them tickets.that would be stupid.what do u think they do with the drug money???
made u look

#142 Nov 17, 2009
boycot all the local stores and send them letters,.......,.telling them why , worked in schaumberg/woodfield --the red light camera was REMOVED !

West Chicago, IL

#143 Nov 17, 2009
Now what stores are we boycotting since most of them are gone from Carol Stream now?
made u look

#144 Nov 18, 2009
put reflective clear plastic over your plates , {front and back }... then ,...the damned camera cant read them ...

Hicksville, NY

#145 Nov 18, 2009
made u look wrote:
put reflective clear plastic over your plates ,{front and back }... then ,...the damned camera cant read them ...
I've been wondering what kind of stuff is available for that purpose and when they're going to make it all illegal?
made u look

#146 Nov 18, 2009
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been wondering what kind of stuff is available for that purpose and when they're going to make it all illegal?
already illegal in many states ,... i've been to glenn cove -nice little town,..hey do you know bob and pam?......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min Red_Forman 6,621
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 198,696
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr Yeah 1,293,622
cubs 5 hr Joey 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr mdbuilder 54,980
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Jane Dahlinger 100,883
(28) Qualitat kitchen review 8 hr siticuy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages