Are the Chicago cops out to get this ...

Are the Chicago cops out to get this guy?

There are 506 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Are the Chicago cops out to get this guy?. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Over the last 16 months, Mark Geinosky has received 24 parking tickets. All but one have been dismissed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Smart Girl

Hammond, IN

#511 Feb 26, 2009
Ex-Police wrote:
I know exactly what happened - he cut that Officer off and probably flipped him off also while driving and the Officer was in his personal vehicle. The Officer got mad and wrote his information down and writes him a ticket every week as payback. Be careful who you cut-off and flip-off while driving. I don't feel sorry for this guy at all - acting like a big tough guy in your vehicle - how tough do you feel now?
Your logic and justification, if what you said is true, is ridiculous. We should not have to leave in fear about what we say or do (if it is essentially harmless) for fear of retribution. That is no way to live. So the policeman has the right to abuse public trust and his job, but I don't have right to get a little angry when I drive? You don't make any sense.
Smart Girl

Hammond, IN

#512 Feb 26, 2009
Michael in Montana wrote:
I live in western Montana after a lifetime of dealing with the BS of living in Chicago. No sales tax here so when I leave with a $100.00 bill in my pocket I get to spend $100.00 not $89.50. As far as the phony tickets, I know for a fact that Chicago cops do this kind of thing all the time.I have friends who are cops there. I am sitting at my computer looking out the window at the mountains. Thank the lord I don't live in that corrupt hellhole of a city.
Yes, that's very helpful...you enjoy trying to make other people feel bad? You sound like the cop in this story!
Ossifer

Washington Court House, OH

#513 Feb 27, 2009
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, how about this ... READ the article before commenting. He wasn't parking illegally. He was getting tickets for a car he didn't own and in places where he'd not parked.
So HE says. Everyone loves a good conspiracy. Sometimes I wrote "compliance violations" to the same car everyday until the violation was resolved. As long as it was still on the public way it was written. Usually this was done for city stickers or expired plates. Since I was suspended from work if mine were not up to date, I felt that it was only fair if the citizens were also up to date. Did I have it out for the owner, no. I could really care less if he/she paid the ticket, rolled it into a joint or wiped their behind with it.
23rd District Target

Chicago, IL

#514 Mar 2, 2009
Those of us who are block club leaders in Uptown are well aware of this ticket targeting trick.

Example 1: I called complaing about prostitutes operating in the local bird sanctuary and shortly thereafter had multiple beat officer vehicle stops for prostitution supposedly performed by (250lb) me, of course.

Example 2: I called about drug dealing in the park. So, of course, tactical officers stopped me of suspected drugged or drunk driving moments after I pulled out of parking space - and I can't can't drink or take party drugs due to daily headache meds.

Example 3: I called regarding vehicles operating without licenses in Uptown and started getting parking tickets for my car that arrived in the mail. Those tickets were written when I was out of town and during the months while my car and license plate were IN THE POSSESSION OF ANOTHER POLICE DISTICT OF OUR CHICAGO POLICE DEPARTMENT and/or my insurance company. My newly, stolen car was used in a sting operation to take down the leader of a car theft ring. The car that had been under police survelience on the South Side and it was already recovered and the perp was in jail during the at the time these tickets were issued. How could it be ticketed in Uptown when the police and insurance company already recovered the vehicle and I drove no car for those 3 months?

Example 4: While parked, I called multiple times for an ordiance violation in progess that had been the subject of CAPS beat complaints for years. Multiples 911 calls were placed because the officers were clearing the calls without really responding to the scene. After 3 hours of calling, a beat officer rolled up to my car and offered me a traffic or parking ticket. He stated that I was to knock off calling 911 and complaing that the beat was not responding or I would be ticketed.

Example 5: Then there is the issue of boots. The law says that trucks should be booted for violations just like cars. But in the 23rd District, the Dept of Revenue officers and police practice "booting passover" for all illegal trucks. I was told to knock off the calls for service because the Revenue booter can not boot a truck (unkike a car) unless a special, larger boot is releasesd to the booter. However, boot truck driver cannot get a truck boot because the "Alderman designates which trucks can be booted and your alderman does not allow any truck boots to be applied in your 46th Ward." Funny, I can't find that "aldermadic law override" provision anywhere in the municiple code.

And they wonder why the block clubs and community won't support CAPS anymore!

(P.S. So far, all my tickets have been thrown out by the judges too.)
No Chicago Olypics

Chicago, IL

#515 Mar 4, 2009
Since the name & badge number of the real offender (the C.O.P. who wrote the parkers) could it have been the 14 year old guy who dressed like a CPD guy?
No, he only was on the job for a day.

John Burge? No, he's had other ways to Serve & Protect and he's (Thank G*d not on the job).

Superindent Wiess? Does an FBI agent know how to write a parker?

Synthia McKinney

AOL

#517 Mar 4, 2009
Chicago cops are generally better than most. I was pulled over on The Ryan by IL troopers, harassed, had my car searched, and my license "lost" by the state for over a year after paying the fine.....all for the crime of not wearing my seat belt.
EnoughIsEnough

United States

#518 Mar 5, 2009
This guy should file a lawsuit against the Police Department and the city. He has a very strong case. He should file under Psychological trauma, Harassment, Power Abuse, Unethical Revenue-Generating Practices, etc, etc.
cop

Chicago, IL

#519 Mar 5, 2009
We are all second guessing what actually occurred without possibly having all the facts. Briefly all I can say is that citizens do lie to get out of tickets. This is probably not the case but we do not know. If this cop did issue the tickets for fabricated violations , then he is a moron. I personally do not know of a single police officer that would do something like issuing tickets for fabricated violations. Jeopardize a fine well paying career with great benefits. I really don't think so. The police officers in city took this job because at one time they believed in justice, but injustice deceives the many Releasing the name of police officers with 5 CR#'s is an injustice. We are at war on the streets no matter where that street is. Police officers are walking targets. The fear of the war coming home and our families being targeted is on every cop's mind as the leave work. If they release the names police officers should stop working. Maybe take longer getting to a hot call. Maybe not write tickets for all those well deserving motorists. Maybe just let the gang bangers bang. No arressts, no fast response, proactive police work. Just take 30 minutes to get to every job and write a report. I think if they release the CR list then they should release everyone's criminal history, driving abstract, tax returns, etce etc. Its all supported by taxpayer money
cop

Chicago, IL

#520 Mar 5, 2009
Don't delude yourself in your own self importance. No cop is going to put a case on you. Get real. I know mommie and daddie raised you so that you are the most important person on the planet, but you're not that important. 13,000 plus officers...oops...i mean 11,500 officers alll conspiring together 24/7 365 to single out!!! Please...get real. It's shocking that is just a job and in the rats end we do not care. Every single parking ticket I received i was G-U-I-L-T-Y. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. Did I bitch.?! NO! Did I whine?! NO! I knew the law, broke it and paid. No trying to justify my actions because parking was hard to find, or i sharted in my pants, or that i wasn't a criminal. I WAS GUILTY!!!! I got a speeding ticket in the burbs!!! I WAS GUILTY!!! I DIDNT FILE A COMPLAINT!!!! I just plead guilty and got my dl back. SHOCKING!!!! No copspircay by the surburban police dept to violate my civil rights, no thoughts that the cop was on a power trip, no accusations that he wasn't fighting crime, no expectaction of a break. THATS BECASUE I WAS GUILTY!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! AND SHOCKING THAT THE COP REALLY DIDNT PERJURY HIMESLF BY ISSUING THE TICKET BECAUSE---------i I COMMITTED A TARFFIC VIOLATION. I didn't call for a sgt and debate whether i was in fact in violation of the law. I knew that if i wanted to i could have a court date and let the judge decide my guilt or innocence. I was GUILTY. WHEN U GET A PARKING TICKET U R GUILTY. Suck it up and go on a rdie along. Go into Cabrini green and almost get pelted by shit and piss coming out the windows. Get battered on the street, which somewhere 74% of chicago cops have been. Go to work and come close to getting murdered.
Kim

West Des Moines, IA

#521 Mar 5, 2009
23rd District Target wrote:
Example 3: I called regarding vehicles operating without licenses in Uptown and started getting parking tickets for my car that arrived in the mail. Those tickets were written when I was out of town and during the months while my car and license plate were IN THE POSSESSION OF ANOTHER POLICE DISTICT OF OUR CHICAGO POLICE DEPARTMENT and/or my insurance company. My newly, stolen car was used in a sting operation to take down the leader of a car theft ring. The car that had been under police survelience on the South Side and it was already recovered and the perp was in jail during the at the time these tickets were issued. How could it be ticketed in Uptown when the police and insurance company already recovered the vehicle and I drove no car for those 3 months?
Are you sure they were not driving your car during that time - either the police or the insurance company? Remember Ferris Buehler's Day Off - the valet guys going for a joy ride?

One thing I wonder about with the Geinosky guy somebody who claimed to be a friend of his posted earlier that the other person he was in a relationship with was the one who drove the Toyota most of the time, so maybe Geinosky wasn't parking in these places, but his significant other was? or...
He claims he stashed the plates in his garage after he sold the Toyota, but has he checked to make sure the plates are still there? Did somebody take them and put them on another car - temporarily even?(This happened to a friend of mine who had an older sports car he did not drive anymore - a guy who worked for him stole the plates and put it on his car (that guy was not supposed to drive due to DUI). The only reason it was discovered is because the guy got pulled over again, and police notified my friend his plates were on the other guy's car.
Citizen

Rockford, IL

#523 Mar 6, 2009
cop wrote:
We are all second guessing what actually occurred without possibly having all the facts. Briefly all I can say is that citizens do lie to get out of tickets. This is probably not the case but we do not know. If this cop did issue the tickets for fabricated violations , then he is a moron. I personally do not know of a single police officer that would do something like issuing tickets for fabricated violations. Jeopardize a fine well paying career with great benefits. I really don't think so. The police officers in city took this job because at one time they believed in justice, but injustice deceives the many Releasing the name of police officers with 5 CR#'s is an injustice. We are at war on the streets no matter where that street is. Police officers are walking targets. The fear of the war coming home and our families being targeted is on every cop's mind as the leave work. If they release the names police officers should stop working. Maybe take longer getting to a hot call. Maybe not write tickets for all those well deserving motorists. Maybe just let the gang bangers bang. No arressts, no fast response, proactive police work. Just take 30 minutes to get to every job and write a report. I think if they release the CR list then they should release everyone's criminal history, driving abstract, tax returns, etce etc. Its all supported by taxpayer money
You made some very good points.
huh

Hammond, IN

#524 Mar 15, 2009
cop wrote:
Go to work and come close to getting murdered.
I go home and get close to getting murdered. And your point is...?
Former Catholic

Elgin, IL

#525 Mar 15, 2009
cop wrote:
Don't delude yourself in your own self importance. No cop is going to put a case on you. Get real. I know mommie and daddie raised you so that you are the most important person on the planet, but you're not that important. 13,000 plus officers...oops...i mean 11,500 officers alll conspiring together 24/7 365 to single out!!! Please...get real. It's shocking that is just a job and in the rats end we do not care. Every single parking ticket I received i was G-U-I-L-T-Y. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. Did I ****.?! NO! Did I whine?! NO! I knew the law, broke it and paid. No trying to justify my actions because parking was hard to find, or i sharted in my pants, or that i wasn't a criminal. I WAS GUILTY!!!! I got a speeding ticket in the burbs!!! I WAS GUILTY!!! I DIDNT FILE A COMPLAINT!!!! I just plead guilty and got my dl back. SHOCKING!!!! No copspircay by the surburban police dept to violate my civil rights, no thoughts that the cop was on a power trip, no accusations that he wasn't fighting crime, no expectaction of a break. THATS BECASUE I WAS GUILTY!!!! HOLY ****!!!!! AND SHOCKING THAT THE COP REALLY DIDNT PERJURY HIMESLF BY ISSUING THE TICKET BECAUSE---------i I COMMITTED A TARFFIC VIOLATION. I didn't call for a sgt and debate whether i was in fact in violation of the law. I knew that if i wanted to i could have a court date and let the judge decide my guilt or innocence. I was GUILTY. WHEN U GET A PARKING TICKET U R GUILTY. Suck it up and go on a rdie along. Go into Cabrini green and almost get pelted by **** and **** coming out the windows. Get battered on the street, which somewhere 74% of chicago cops have been. Go to work and come close to getting murdered.
It's not our fault you got a 12 on your ACT score and were lucky to get a job as a cop because your uncle knew someone or you were an affirmative action candidate.
Current Catholic

Hammond, IN

#526 Mar 15, 2009
Former Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>It's not our fault you got a 12 on your ACT score and were lucky to get a job as a cop because your uncle knew someone or you were an affirmative action candidate.
Don't be so harsh.
rosco

Bloomingdale, IL

#527 Mar 18, 2009
cop wrote:
We are all second guessing what actually occurred without possibly having all the facts. Briefly all I can say is that citizens do lie to get out of tickets. This is probably not the case but we do not know. If this cop did issue the tickets for fabricated violations , then he is a ****. I personally do not know of a single police officer that would do something like issuing tickets for fabricated violations. Jeopardize a fine well paying career with great benefits. I really don't think so. The police officers in city took this job because at one time they believed in justice, but injustice deceives the many Releasing the name of police officers with 5 CR#'s is an injustice. We are at war on the streets no matter where that street is. Police officers are walking targets. The fear of the war coming home and our families being targeted is on every cop's mind as the leave work. If they release the names police officers should stop working. Maybe take longer getting to a hot call. Maybe not write tickets for all those well deserving motorists. Maybe just let the gang bangers bang. No arressts, no fast response, proactive police work. Just take 30 minutes to get to every job and write a report. I think if they release the CR list then they should release everyone's criminal history, driving abstract, tax returns, etce etc. Its all supported by taxpayer money
Everyone should beef on the cops. If we all beef, they will put their tails between their legs like the cowards they are. Establish neighborhood groups to film the police on every action they do in your neighborhood, let them know you're watching.
LIES we can believe in

Aurora, IL

#528 Mar 18, 2009
The cop who wrote those tickets, should be strung up onto the highest tree.
RU4real

Mount Dora, FL

#529 Mar 19, 2009
ALL YOU COP BASHERS NEED TO GET A LIFE. tHE COPS PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE EAH & EVERY TIME THAT THEY PUT ON THEIR UNIFORM & REPORT ON DUTY.

I am a widow of one of CHICAGO's Finest, and thusly I am qualified to speak. It saddens me no end that people can be so very mean. You all need to rethink your hateful feeling toward these brave men & women.

There are a few "Bad" cops, BUT the majority are A_OK, serving & protesting the citizens of Chicago.

The federal politicians are the ones you folks should diss. Just pay attention to the shenanigans that are going on in Washington. Think of the fiture generations of our families that will be taxed to the hilt to pay for the foibles of today's Washington spending. Focus you enegy where it may do the most good, at election time ! AND at what the politicians are doing with our hard earned tax money. YES, YOU CAN.
Somebodyhelpme

Tucson, AZ

#530 Mar 21, 2009
Pigs
rosco

Plainfield, IL

#531 Mar 23, 2009
Perhaps they should keep these city cops out of the taverns off-duty. Or is being drunk a Chicago cop thing? These cops are always in the news for something.
rosco

Plainfield, IL

#532 Mar 23, 2009
RU4real wrote:
ALL YOU COP BASHERS NEED TO GET A LIFE. tHE COPS PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE EAH & EVERY TIME THAT THEY PUT ON THEIR UNIFORM & REPORT ON DUTY.
I am a widow of one of CHICAGO's Finest, and thusly I am qualified to speak. It saddens me no end that people can be so very mean. You all need to rethink your hateful feeling toward these brave men & women.
There are a few "Bad" cops, BUT the majority are A_OK, serving & protesting the citizens of Chicago.
The federal politicians are the ones you folks should diss. Just pay attention to the shenanigans that are going on in Washington. Think of the fiture generations of our families that will be taxed to the hilt to pay for the foibles of today's Washington spending. Focus you enegy where it may do the most good, at election time ! AND at what the politicians are doing with our hard earned tax money. YES, YOU CAN.
These city bozo's are just drunks. Now they're crying about more money, how about a pay cut? Perhaps their boss is right, they need some exercise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Sublime1 102,467
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min RealDave 1,395,067
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Jacques Orleans 216,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Into The Night 60,077
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,672
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,693
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,722
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages