Are the Chicago cops out to get this guy?

Over the last 16 months, Mark Geinosky has received 24 parking tickets. All but one have been dismissed. Full Story
First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Name that officer

Hines, IL

#2 Feb 23, 2009
I think the officer's name who wrote the 13 straight tickets should be named. You are not accusing him (or her?) of anything, just reporting the facts. It's a city worker funded by our tax dollars. Naming this officer should not be an issue. That is one heckuva coincidence, though, that of the 13 straight tickets issued, they were all to the same vehicle...

By the way, let's not let the few "bad" officers out there overshadow the good work that most of the CPD perform every day.
skywalker

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Feb 23, 2009
Wake up CPD- Internal affairs, and wake up Olympics obsessed Mayor Daley- is this how you serve law abiding citizens and use power?
What's next?
I wish Obama opens up a special bureau for us chicagoans to complaint directly to the white house. Maybe then the administration will realize that citizens cannot be pushed shamelessly.
Daley-gets-an-F-

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2009
Some people just don't consider anyone's statements until they are actually personally affected...everyone will learn pretty
soon about how much representation regular people actually have from Government positions that are suppose to earn their salaries.
Today most are just making businesses from positions that suppose to be of honor and servitude to the people.
Do your self a favor in 2012...vote for RON PAUL, but Pray today for evil to be removed from all governmental positions.
Kevin

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 23, 2009
Publish the name of that officer and I bet Geinosky's problem disappears overnight. This officer should be in jail with the rest of them.
brett

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 23, 2009
Please do us a favor and follow up on this story.
I'd love to hear the WHOLE STORY
Meg

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 23, 2009
This is ridiculous. We're paying these people to help us, not work against us! What the hell, publish his name, and his badge number at that. For real, chicago tickets are a joke. So frustrating
Jen

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 23, 2009
Ah, another police officer taking advantage of their power. This doesn't surprise me. They should publish the officer's name, indeed.
Chicago Yuppie

Wabash, IN

#12 Feb 23, 2009
ah yes, business as usual at city hall at the expense of chicago's finest. What a role model they have, hizzonor who conducts business at his own caprice, whether legal or not. I sympathize with Mr. Geonsky and have similar problems at various times during the past twelve years.I assure you that during Mr. Laski's tenure as City Clerk, things were not above table!! If these citations are found to be fabrications by the cops involved, merely expunging them from Geonsky's record at the Chicago Department of Revenue is not satisfactory. If these allegations are true, then the responsible parties should be terminated without pension benefits and criminally prosecuted.
Lone Ranger

Wabash, IN

#13 Feb 23, 2009
Ned wrote:
Clearly this was that 14-year old again. Kids these days...
Got to figure some way to pay for the donuts when its his day to treat......
RossR

United States

#14 Feb 23, 2009
What the??? Kids are getting gunned down with automatic weapons and these clowns are harassing law-abiding citizens? Will someone come to their senses and stop this? Are there any cops out there that will speak out against other cops that are humiliating the force?
ConcreteMan

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 23, 2009
Do you know what a fixed fight is? Report a police officer. Then, you will know.
girl from chicago

Skokie, IL

#16 Feb 23, 2009
problem solved - don't drive.
no car = no parking tickets = no problem.
hadthisonmyminda ll2008

Northbrook, IL

#17 Feb 23, 2009
I believe these are tickets coming from ticket booklets that are assigned to a ghost (officer) writer. They are like dummy booklets and the officer's name that is on the ticket is just being used for the sole purpose of having an officer's name on the ticket.
joe

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 23, 2009
It did happen to me in South Loop. More than one time. More than one time 2 tickets for the same thing in less than 24h. It is City pushing their cops for revenue instead of patroling our neiborhood and looking for criminals. Soon they will have no city to watch because who likes to be harrased overcharged and abused?
powerpack

Chicago, IL

#21 Feb 23, 2009
Yea but as bad as this is? At least it is not like the CPD would beat and torture confessions out of people. I mean these are just parking tickets? I do feel safe knowing they only get drunk with their power with parking tickets!

I get sick and tired of hearing this crap about don't let a few spoil for all. I might feel sorry for the good patrol cops? But give me a f'ing break. This is systemic do not pull that one bad apple crap up. It does go all the way up.

To the CPD do not ask respect until you earn it. And this is just one of so many examples of not deserving.

On a further note CPD behavior sadly must make me question many convictions and people doing time. Thanks you bozo's. Thanks a lot!
Reality

United States

#22 Feb 23, 2009
Welcome to the Chicago Way!

Where CORRUPT COPS roam the streets, and internal affairs protects them.

Get serious Tribune....print the name of this parasite in the paper.
ihateliberals

Chicago, IL

#24 Feb 23, 2009
powerpack.. a news flash for you. Law enforcement officers don't need to "earn" your respect. They enforce the law, whether you respect that or not. And you're absolutely right..it does go all the way up. The superintendent has never been a cop and crime is up to staggering numbers. Must be a coincidence. And I hope they release all the criminals in County just for you. Post your address and they can all come to your house to discuss how they were wrongly convicted.
You know, I get sick of hearing about all of the teachers and priests that are molesting kids. I think I'll pull my kids out of school and church. It can't just be "a few bad apples", it must be ALL of them. I'm tired of all of our politicians being indicted so I'm NEVER going to vote again.
Isn't it funny that every side has two stories, EXCEPT when the police are involved?
Typical liberal
Marie

Chicago, IL

#26 Feb 23, 2009
As a former Chicago Police Officer, I can tell you with that many tickets being issued..someone is out to get him. I've seen it happen many times....Those Police Officers should be fired...I am sure this is not the first time these bad apples have done this either...they probably have many complaints on their records too...Look up their badge number, the district etc...its all on bottom of the ticket...
Questions

United States

#27 Feb 23, 2009
ihateliberals wrote:
The rate of criminal behavior among the CPD is less than 1%.
What did you base this percentage on? Please provide a source.
Connie

Chicago, IL

#28 Feb 23, 2009
I think its Mayor Daley out there writing parking tickets so he can bring in more money BECAUSE OF HIS MISMANAGEMENT OF THE CITY OF CHICAGO.....INVESTIGATE & MPEACH MAYOR DALEY....HE IS RUNNING OUR CITY TO THE GROUND...AND HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS A JOKE.....Chicago was rate #1 worst city to live in by Forbes Magazine..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min dont drink the ko... 49,364
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Guru 182,182
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,913
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 4 hr Negras all 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?