The Cult of the Uniform

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Laurence M Vance

Matawan, NJ

#1 Dec 25, 2013
The Cult of the Uniform

By Laurence M. Vance

December 25, 2013

There are a number of distinctly American symbols that evoke feelings of pride, nationalism, and patriotism. There is the Constitution. There are monuments like Mount Rushmore, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the Jefferson Memorial. There are structures like the Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Bell. There are buildings like the White House and the Capitol. There are also things that there are many of: American flags, bald eagles, dollar bills, and images of Uncle Sam and the Great Seal of the United States.

In the last ten or so years, these symbols have all been superceded by one image that is so powerful and so overwhelming that it drives some Americans to tears and causes others to act in the most nonsensical and irrational of ways.

I am referring to a military uniform.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/12/laurence-m...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,383,071
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 min Homer 2,423
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Sublime1 101,985
What nation is this? 6 min Venezuela IS DEAD 16
Word (Dec '08) 6 min Homer 6,158
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 min honeymylove 2,045
Observations 20 min _Annabella_ 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques in Orleans 214,389
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages