Berwyn steps out of the shadow of its...

Berwyn steps out of the shadow of its neighbors

There are 44 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 22, 2009, titled Berwyn steps out of the shadow of its neighbors. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Berwyn is noted for having the most significant collection of Chicago-style bungalows in the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Since: Sep 07

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#1 May 24, 2009
It's about time people started paying attention to the great homes but a little too late to stop some of the negative changes that have occured in the last 20 years.

Rico need not answer ..........LOL
rico

United States

#2 May 24, 2009
What's the point of buying a great home when your neighbors are blasting Mexican music. And when your not home your home is robbed by section 8 residents.
At least the town cleans your garage door from the gang graffiti. It you want to tough it out be sure to buy south of 22nd street and see who your neighbors are!!!
pug

Berwyn, IL

#3 May 25, 2009
rico wrote:
What's the point of buying a great home when your neighbors are blasting Mexican music. And when your not home your home is robbed by section 8 residents.
At least the town cleans your garage door from the gang graffiti. It you want to tough it out be sure to buy south of 22nd street and see who your neighbors are!!!
Your statement is reflected by today's economic conditions. Look at the empty "great houses" in other communities. Empty store fronts are every where even the most efluent areas. Its a buyers market, yeah sure, try getting a loan. What will happen after the section 8's steal everything?
pug

Berwyn, IL

#4 May 25, 2009
rico wrote:
Lemont police attribute rash of home burglaries to poor economy.

Looks like Berwyn is not alone.
rico

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2009
June 28, 2009, 1:43 PM
A resident told police someone stole his light blue Mongoose BMX bike from his back yard. Soon after, he said, he saw three male juveniles in possession of the stolen bike; they were in the Elmwood/Gunderson alley at 13th. One of the boys admitted stealing the bike from the yard in the 1300 block of Scoville. Juvenile-division detectives turned all three over to their mothers.

According to the report, the thief stated he was sorry. All the parents reportedly said this was the boys’ first contact with police. All three juveniles, the mothers said, had above average grades and “participated in numerous soccer programs”. The mothers assured officers that consequences for the incident would include being “grounded in the house without TV”.
Cause they have not stolen one yet!
Speakin da trut

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 8, 2009
rico wrote:
A resident told police someone stole his light blue Mongoose BMX bike from his back yard. Soon after, he said, he saw three male juveniles in possession of the stolen bike; they were in the Elmwood/Gunderson alley at 13th. One of the boys admitted stealing the bike from the yard in the 1300 block of Scoville. Juvenile-division detectives turned all three over to their mothers.
According to the report, the thief stated he was sorry. All the parents reportedly said this was the boys’ first contact with police. All three juveniles, the mothers said, had above average grades and “participated in numerous soccer programs”. The mothers assured officers that consequences for the incident would include being “grounded in the house without TV”.
Why weren't they prosecuted? Next time they get caught, police will think it was their first time stealing property and they'll go free again (but no TV! Ooooh, harsh!)
rico

United States

#7 Jul 8, 2009
That's why these kids do it.
When I was growing up they had the same way of thinking.
pug

Berwyn, IL

#8 Jul 8, 2009
rico wrote:
Nice
rico

United States

#9 Jul 12, 2009
Here some more nice diverse residents.
Girly graffiti, gang-y graffiti

July 2, 2009,
7:31 PM
A large amount of graffiti touting a well-known criminal gang was found inside the “lizard slide” in a playground at 2435 Kenilworth.
10:31 PM
A garage apron in the 3800 block of Euclid was tagged “BARBIE GIRLZ”.
11:37 PM
The west wall of a garage in the 3800 block of Wesley bore these slogans:“F@&# GANGZ” and “GO POWERPUFFS”.
Theater Boy

United States

#10 Jul 12, 2009
you
Theater Boy

Fargo, ND

#11 Jul 12, 2009
me
rico

United States

#13 Jan 11, 2010
Happy New year 2010.
aztek

United States

#14 Jan 12, 2010
rico wrote:
rico loves to post negative lame jargon that just reflects his capabilities on how to be stupid.
Wil

Hammond, IN

#15 Jan 12, 2010
rgh6h76j
Wil

Hammond, IN

#16 Jan 12, 2010
7kmymyutuu,i,i,rrtununu
daisy

La Grange Park, IL

#19 Jan 13, 2010
aztek wrote:
<quoted text>
rico loves to post negative lame jargon that just reflects his capabilities on how to be stupid.
he sweetheart i heard rico watches the power puff girls when he's not with his stripper girlfriend mmm what do you think about that?
rico

United States

#20 Jan 14, 2010
daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
he sweetheart i heard rico watches the power puff girls when he's not with his stripper girlfriend mmm what do you think about that?
I think that's a great fantasy!
I'll try that, but I still do call her Daisy when I'm spanking her.
aztek

United States

#21 Jan 14, 2010
rico wrote:
<quoted text> I think that's a great fantasy!
I'll try that, but I still do call her Daisy when I'm spanking her.
I would rather do more than that, kisses baby daisy!!
rico

Chicago, IL

#22 Jan 14, 2010
aztek wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather do more than that, kisses baby daisy!!
I'm sure once she sees you she'll cut the cheese once you try and kiss her bottom.
aztek

United States

#23 Jan 14, 2010
rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure once she sees you she'll cut the cheese once you try and kiss her bottom.
She can do whatever she wants too me.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,581,367
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Rose of Tralee 105,236
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings (Aug '16) 6 hr Truth1 3
Trump Just Sux 6 hr Stevie Wonder 129
News Chicago won't see eclipse spectacle of Carbonda... 6 hr Real Faxt 1
News Midwest travel: Chicago Children's Museum gets ... 6 hr Real Faxt 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 6 hr Meso 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance