what's the future of chicago?

what's the future of chicago?

Posted in the Chicago Forum

grounded in reality

Nashua, NH

#1 Mar 18, 2013
so they bury the dead baby, set up a make shift memorial and wait for the next death of a black person in da hood.

what's next or define the future of the south side of Chicago for
us??

there have been thousands of homicides on the south side in the past five years. How does this play out or end?

city county and state police have been unwilling or unable to stop the killings. will it take Illinois national guard to seal off the hood and go door to door taking guns & drugs off the street?

How many black people have to be killed on the south side before the community, city, country, state law enforcement take action to end the killing??????

Since: Jul 07

PARK RIDGE IL.

#2 Mar 18, 2013
SHUT UP!

These thing happen everywhere.
grounded in reality

Nashua, NH

#3 Mar 18, 2013
MIKETOUHY wrote:
SHUT UP!
These thing happen everywhere.
guess you and I live in very different every wheres!

my business travel takes me all over the country. no city in America has had as many black on black homicides. No city in the country had 500 people killed by gun fire or drug gang street violence.

Give us some facts and numbers, please look it up show us any city in the country that has a murder rate anywhere near as high as the south side of the city of Chicago.

The city police public record supports my claim, why don't show us which cities you think have the same level of violence then provide some numbers.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Memphis, TN

#4 Mar 18, 2013
grounded in reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us some facts and numbers, please look it up show us any city in the country that has a murder rate anywhere near as high as the south side of the city of Chicago.
Hey there, dum dum, you could have done this yourself and saved the embarrassment.

Rates of homicide per 100,000 residents:

-New Orleans - 32.65
-Detroit - 27.34
-Baltimore - 18.22
-St. Louis - 18.18
-Oakland - 15.89
-Philly - 12.38
-Kansas City - 12.2
-Chicago - 10.83
grounded in reality

Nashua, NH

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, dum dum, you could have done this yourself and saved the embarrassment.
Rates of homicide per 100,000 residents:
-New Orleans - 32.65
-Detroit - 27.34
-Baltimore - 18.22
-St. Louis - 18.18
-Oakland - 15.89
-Philly - 12.38
-Kansas City - 12.2
-Chicago - 10.83
question posed "was name any city in America that had as many people shot & killed last year or in the past 5 years as Chicago has suffered through"

what's the time line reference for those homicides , one year ten years???? how about some time context for accurate comparison.

None of the cities you have listed had 520 black people killed in 2012.

None of those cities list have had as many people shot & killed in the past 5 years as have Chicago.

none of the cities listed has as many unsolved homicides as Chicago has on its books.

Only Boston and Detroit had babies shot and killed by drug dealers in the past 3 years in drug deals gone bad. the baby in Detroit was killed in her crib.

lets put the numbers in some context so everyone can understand what a sad mess the south side of Chicago is in.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Memphis, TN

#6 Mar 19, 2013
grounded in reality wrote:
<quoted text>
question posed "was name any city in America that had as many people shot & killed last year or in the past 5 years as Chicago has suffered through"
what's the time line reference for those homicides , one year ten years???? how about some time context for accurate comparison.
None of the cities you have listed had 520 black people killed in 2012.
None of those cities list have had as many people shot & killed in the past 5 years as have Chicago.
none of the cities listed has as many unsolved homicides as Chicago has on its books.
Only Boston and Detroit had babies shot and killed by drug dealers in the past 3 years in drug deals gone bad. the baby in Detroit was killed in her crib.
lets put the numbers in some context so everyone can understand what a sad mess the south side of Chicago is in.
Apparently you don't understand statistics or your own question. You asked about murder RATES. Rates are ratios, percentages, etc. that account for sample size. Of course Chicago is going to have higher numbers than almost every city because it's the third largest city. Comparing rates, as you correctly asked, accounts for size. And I answered your question and gave you several large cities that have higher rates of murder than Chicago.

BTW, the number you cited for 2012 was not just blacks, that was all homicides. But don't let the facts get in the way. And why do you keep referencing blacks? Is it o.k. for other races to be murdered?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Guest 1,521,444
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Hairy Homo 240,318
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 71,284
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 9 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 7
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 9 hr Defeat Nancy Pelosi 4
News Scenes from Saturday's March for Science 13 hr Trump is the man 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr honeymylove 2,526

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages