IL Instant Lottery remaining prize li...

IL Instant Lottery remaining prize list not being updated?

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Jon A

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Jul 3, 2009
I don't buy a lot of lottery tickets but I occasionally do.. kinda for fun. I like buying "Win-for-Life"( the top prize pays out $50.000 less tax a year for life) and once in a blue moon "Set-for-Life" ($100.000 for 20 yrs.) But I usual check the "REMAINING PRIZE" list at illinoislottery.com site just to see if there are any top prizes left.
http://www.illinoislottery.com/subsections/re...
I'm pretty sure that at least for the last month a so the list hasn't been updated. In fact the local BP gas station no longer have/sells Win-for-Life(I believe they are sold out or the game ended) and yet the list still shows 3 out of 6 top prize remaining as of 6/30/09. The Set-for-Life stat has been showing 2 out of 3 top prizes remaining for the same length of time. It's been this way for at least a month. I'm especially noticing the unchanging stat as I've been waiting for this series (game #574) to end and new series to begin for a quite a while.
Has anyone else noticed this? If it's true, is this right, i.e., legal? Who's overseeing Illinois Lottery operations? Does anyone know?
ill lottery

United States

#2 Jan 5, 2013
its no big secret the state of ill turned the lottery over to a privet company . also by doing so they recieve a monthly payment for xamount of money strange how the state makes money on the state lottery and does not have to deal with it so who do u think is paying that payment people playing lottery so now they want there cut to run the lottery so what is left to pay out on winning tickets if they dont list remaning prizes whos not to know any diffrent so if they are gone is anyone going to buy them hummm my thought was why are so many schools closing if all money from lottery is suppost to fund them at least that is what is printed on the back of the tickets what the state of ill lie to us what do u think
bevy

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2013
What is the deal not showing remaining prizes i check all the time to see what is leftthwy need to bring it back
nikki

Melrose Park, IL

#4 May 4, 2013
So they can get you to buy more tickets hoping to win the grand prize when its really not there. Illinois is the most crooked ass state!
Kenyonna

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 26, 2013
I don't believe that there is any big prizes are let of it was they would have posted it I have been playing the five dollar power ball instant ticket and only won free quick pick they are full of it
Robert Duvall

Arnold, MO

#6 Feb 9, 2014
nce this newcompany has taken over, I don't buy as many as I use too. the odds of winning had doubled, to pay the private company. this is sad.......
don juan

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Mar 1, 2014
illinois lottery is crooked just like all the liberal democrats . why buy illinois lottery tickets? they wont even update winning tickets you dont know what prizes are left, must on purpose. by the way illinois is officially the most corupt state with over 40 democratic politicians jailed since 1960. you really believe there going to pay out. ha
Billie

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 4, 2014
What about powerball? Haven't you notice no one ever wins until the prize reaches half a billion. Funny how when the news broadcast people buying lottery tickets to win that grand prize,all of a sudden you have a winner and guess where. If you don't live in Virigina,Maine,New Jersey somewhere up there near Vermont then don't waste your money or time playing. I live in Chicago, what are the odds.
Brilliant

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 4, 2014
Some of you need to stop paying for lottery and start paying for some English classes better yet some education period. Can't spell simple ass words. Learn to read and write. If the shoe fits then wear it.
Dee62

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 5, 2014
it's a damn shame you can't see the remaining prizes, WHY NOT everybody else shows them. You would get more people buying tickets if they knew what was left. DON'T YIU THINK????
bevy

United States

#11 Jan 30, 2015
Illinois is a crooked state, we have crooked politans.
Dawson

Oshawa, Canada

#12 Nov 21, 2015
Re not updating winners, if this is for scratch tickets, the big winners win because the top tickets are staggered over the life of the draw. So, if there are 15 prizes over a 15 month span, the big tickets are released one a month. Not illegal, but it does cause concern.

What I do, and am doing this week, is buying up the new tickets released in the last month. I buy one at each store. I bought 5 yesterday at $5.00 each, and the results were 0,0,0,5,50-$55.00

Also, there is a way to see on each ticket, if it is any good. The guy in Florida is doing that but won't tell you about it when you read his silly blurb.
I know a guy with a store right now who will tell you which one to buy. My son took a $5.00 ticket home; it was worth $75.00 X 3=$225.00.
I am in the process of fine tuning this, but it would help if I had access to all the tickets.
It is too involved to go into detail here, but it is happening. I just got back from the dentist, and am under the weather.,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Coffee Party 219,344
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Incognito4Ever 1,403,384
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min CrunchyBacon 103,116
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 31 min Red_Forman 9,202
Word (Dec '08) 32 min Red_Forman 6,553
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 32 min Red_Forman 2,850
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 33 min Red_Forman 1,792

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages