|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Why just this morning a group of butchies approached me and tried to lure me into joining their perveted lifestyle with warm glazed donuts and promises of abundant cunnilingis.
Well that does sound pretty good....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
"The term has been the target of critical parody.
In 1998, The Onion addressed the term with a satire entitled "'98 Homosexual-Recruitment Drive Nearing Goal", saying "Spokespersons for the National Gay & Lesbian Recruitment Task Force announced Monday that more than 288,000 straights have been converted to homosexuality since Jan. 1, 1998, putting the group well on pace to reach its goal of 350,000 conversions by the end of the year." The Westboro Baptist Church and other groups, apparently believing it accurate, passed along the story as fact. The WBC cited the piece as evidence of a gay conspiracy."
So, edog -- do you belong to the Westboro Baptist Church? It would explain your recruitment comment.
What the hell are you babbling about?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
2. Pull your head out of your butt and quit being a homophobe. So you're more concerned with the sex of the person your daughter chooses than the quality of that person? Shame on you.
The kid is FOURTEEN. She shouldn't be "choosing" anybody.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you babbling about?
The short version, dum dum, is that an ignorant church took the satirical interpretation of an article by a spoof publication and accepted and presented it as real, substantive support for the church's position on gays. That, my dear boy, is conduct I am sure you can get behind as you have been guilty of virtually the same in the past.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The kid is FOURTEEN. She shouldn't be "choosing" anybody.
She isn't, Einstein, you don't "choose" your sexual orientation. It simply is what it is. You don't "choose" for your tiny little pecker to perk up every time you glimpse the hindparts of a dachshund, it just happens, you know? Same with the LW's daughter.

If your comment is more directed at whether or not she should be dating, wake up, 14 yr. olds "date" in some fashion. You're not going to stop that. All you can hope to do is guide them in a responsible fashion.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
The short version, dum dum, is that an ignorant church took the satirical interpretation of an article by a spoof publication and accepted and presented it as real, substantive support for the church's position on gays. That, my dear boy, is conduct I am sure you can get behind as you have been guilty of virtually the same in the past.
Ha! Thanks for giving him the cliff notes.

Since: Dec 09

Smalltown, Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Why just this morning a group of butchies approached me and tried to lure me into joining their perveted lifestyle with warm glazed donuts and promises of abundant cunnilingis.
The donuts sound great!

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
The "recruiting" concept has been around a lot longer than The Onion. Then to take a group of radicals and say that's what all people of religion must think truly shows your ignorance and narrow mindedness.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The "recruiting" concept has been around a lot longer than The Onion. Then to take a group of radicals and say that's what all people of religion must think truly shows your ignorance and narrow mindedness.
Who said anything about "all people of religion"?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I don't think the original letter addressed choosing a preference so much as choosing someone to "date". Having been the mom of kids that age not too long ago, I agree that 14 is too young to choose a date type bf/gf.

Dog, one of my girls hung with the GBLT club in high school and the other took a lit course on GBLT fiction in college. Insofar as I can tell, all that rubbed off was tolerance for people with different preferences and lifestyles.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The "recruiting" concept is a madeup fallacy created by people who think gays are the anti-christ. They don't really recruit. You have never in your life heard of SOMEONE YOU KNOW being recruited by a gay person. You have never in your life KNOWN ANYONE who was "recruited" by the gay community.

It's all made up b.s.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to start calling you Retarded Evil Knievel, what with all the fantastic leaps you try to make. I never made any statement about what I think about what all any people of any religion think. I answered YOUR question that arose out of you being too dense to understand Toj's post. I simply translated it into Stupidese. Nothing in her post had anything to do with my view of anything. Again, too stupid to insult.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't, Einstein, you don't "choose" your sexual orientation.
That's not what you said, quit backpedaling. You said the "person" she chooses, not sexual orientation.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about "all people of religion"?
Because I mentioned "recruiting," you lumped me in with the Westboro "and other groups" and assumed that's why I believe in gays recruitment. That's what you said. Now you're wanting to pick apart what you actually MEANT.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
It's all made up b.s.
It's in their dam manifesto! "Catch em young" is their creed. I provided links to a newsletter out in California the last time we had this discussion. You're pretty ignorant for a gay rights advocate.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Dog, one of my girls hung with the GBLT club in high school and the other took a lit course on GBLT fiction in college. Insofar as I can tell, all that rubbed off was tolerance for people with different preferences and lifestyles.
I am as tolerant towards gays as the next guy. People's sex lives are none of my business unless I'm involved in it. Just because I don't "hang" with the GBLT club and donate to pflag, and support gay marriage, doesn't make me intolerant. That is a typical labeling mechanism you people love to throw around.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
They don't really recruit.
Oh, and what does "they don't *really* recruit" supposed to mean? They don't REALLY recruit... but they SORTA recruit?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I'm honestly not seeing how a male could be "recruited" to being gay.

All the straight men I have ever known got the willies when they even *think* about another man's junk getting anywhere near their junk.

A "recruiter" could talk to Dickie until their tongue fell out; no way is he going over to the gay side.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I mentioned "recruiting," you lumped me in with the Westboro "and other groups" and assumed that's why I believe in gays recruitment. That's what you said. Now you're wanting to pick apart what you actually MEANT.
Actually, I meant it as a joke but maybe I shouldn't have meant it as a joke.
pde

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

squishymama wrote:
I'm honestly not seeing how a male could be "recruited" to being gay.
All the straight men I have ever known got the willies when they even *think* about another man's junk getting anywhere near their junk.
A "recruiter" could talk to Dickie until their tongue fell out; no way is he going over to the gay side.
Well, in the past, people who were bisexual in orientation or were gay but had the type of personality who didn't like go against social/religious norms could be forced quietly and miserably into the closet.

Those are the people who are being "recruited". Those are the people who are "confused".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Haz Mat 1,095,912
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min Doug77 4,636
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Here He Goes Again 97,813
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min wojar 176,778
last post wins! (Apr '13) 21 min Concerned_American 320
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr bushi 49,259
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 555

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE