Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask yourself this: Could anyone sway you to like guys in a sexual way or could they have swayed you in HS?
I'm not talking about people secure in their sexuality, I'm talking about people who are confused or unsure. 14 is the age many start coming into their sexuality. It is a very vulnerable and impressionable time for them. It is no coincidence that that is the time many are "recruited."

Since: Mar 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

LW2 -- What exactly do you mean by physical relationships? Dating? Holding hands? Kissing? Arm around each other at the movies? Dancing? Sleepovers in a closed bedroom? How about sleepovers with a bunch of girls in the living room?

I have a feeling they're not comfortable with their daughter openly dating girls at this age.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about people secure in their sexuality, I'm talking about people who are confused or unsure. 14 is the age many start coming into their sexuality. It is a very vulnerable and impressionable time for them. It is no coincidence that that is the time many are "recruited."
Recruited? Are you for real?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

LW1: "I am unsure if he has been having affairs all this time and has been blaming me to lessen his own guilt."

He has been. Time to go.

LW2: So open-minded about all this until the rubber might actually meet the road...

If you don't want her dating, period, in HS then make that clear. But don't say you could date a boy but not a girl. That will most certainly backfire on you.

<hums "I Kissed A Girl">

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Sidenote: who here knew any out of the closet gays in HS? There were no openly gay kids in my HS. I can't say that I ever knew any openly gay people until my 2nd post college job.
I did - graduated in '86. But I was involved with the theater folks, which is were they tended to congregate. It was never a big deal.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he speaks from personal experience!!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

L1: Often, I click on the links to the columns and just start reading without paying attention to whether it's Amy or Abby. The "Thelma and Louise" reference made me not have to check the thread title.

L2: If she hooks up with chicks, at least she won't get pregnant.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
LW1: I actually like Amy's idea(even thought she took forevr to get to it). Create your own fake profile on the dating site and respond to him. Get a little dirt for divorce court.
LW2: "I am OK with her having those friendships, but I am not comfortable with her pursuing same-sex physical relationships at her age."
So does that mean you're ok with hetero PHYSICAL relationships at her age?
Sidenote: who here knew any out of the closet gays in HS? There were no openly gay kids in my HS. I can't say that I ever knew any openly gay people until my 2nd post college job.
I didn't meet any openly gay people until I was 19. My cousin came out when he was 23 or 24 and I was 21, and he's pretty flaming. Most of the gay people that I know today did not come out until early adulthood or later.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
L1: Often, I click on the links to the columns and just start reading without paying attention to whether it's Amy or Abby. The "Thelma and Louise" reference made me not have to check the thread title.
L2: If she hooks up with chicks, at least she won't get pregnant.
Unless they experiment with a donor and a turkey baster.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Gays aren't all sunshine and rainbows. There are many things about their subculture you might find... unsettling.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

1. The seeds of mistrust have already been planted, the husband is a manipulative scumbag. Walk on.

2. Pull your head out of your butt and quit being a homophobe. So you're more concerned with the sex of the person your daughter chooses than the quality of that person? Shame on you.

3. 12-yr.-olds don't get tired, unless they don't want to do something.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, yes. But he does provide some value in that, if you ever feel bad about someone you care about, you can always say "Well, at least they're not Mutt."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

pde wrote:
<quoted text>
The only type of people I could see that "swaying" in any manner are those who have attractions to people of both sexes. So, someone ends up identifying as gay rather than bisexual. Not really seeing a problem.
Or identifying as bisexual rather than gay.

I don't see a problem, either. I never experimented with girls, but I do think the teen/early college years are ripe with that. Just because she's into girls now doesn't necessarily mean she will be 5, 10 years down the road. But there's no harm in her figuring things out.

Some teens' sexual preference is SET. I know mine was. But others' preferences are more fluid, they don't know yet what they'll end up being/doing/wanting.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Gays aren't all sunshine and rainbows. There are many things about their subculture you might find... unsettling.
Baloney. No recruiting is done, none is necessary. More gays are being born. We're not gonna run out.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"The term has been the target of critical parody.
In 1998, The Onion addressed the term with a satire entitled "'98 Homosexual-Recruitment Drive Nearing Goal", saying "Spokespersons for the National Gay & Lesbian Recruitment Task Force announced Monday that more than 288,000 straights have been converted to homosexuality since Jan. 1, 1998, putting the group well on pace to reach its goal of 350,000 conversions by the end of the year." The Westboro Baptist Church and other groups, apparently believing it accurate, passed along the story as fact. The WBC cited the piece as evidence of a gay conspiracy."

So, edog -- do you belong to the Westboro Baptist Church? It would explain your recruitment comment.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

pde wrote:
But given that I have had to give my son multiple lectures on when it's appropriate to tease, chase, and kiss the girls, I'm pretty sure he's going to end up a straight male. Oh, I hope he decides that girls have cooties soon ...
I *wish* Lulu would decide boys have cooties.

She's been wearing two rings lately, one old and one she got for Christmas. Yesterday she came home from school with just the new one. She gave the other to a boy.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they experiment with a donor and a turkey baster.
at first glance, i thought u said donkey

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>at first glance, i thought u said donkey
Thanks. I needed that laugh.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I needed that laugh.
Its an easy mistake to make, what with all that deplorable stuff they practice in the gay subculture. Those filthy animals.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney. No recruiting is done, none is necessary. More gays are being born. We're not gonna run out.
Nonsense. Why just this morning a group of butchies approached me and tried to lure me into joining their perveted lifestyle with warm glazed donuts and promises of abundant cunnilingis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Patrick 1,078,895
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min LRS 174,502
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min truth 48,862
Amy 7-23 23 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min TRD 67,891
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 58 min Hatti_Hollerand 458
Abby 7-23 5 hr PEllen 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000