Comments
21 - 40 of 57 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Aug 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>If you want an example where I would not want anything to do with someone but yet respect thtem, it's on the other thread that you're trying to argue with me.
You do have something to do with your mother, however, from the sounds of it. So it's not the same situation as the example I'm asking you, i.e. as in the letter where the LW doesn't want anything to do with their mother.

I honestly can't think of a situation where someone would choose not to have something to do with someone, but would respect them as a person. That's why I asked you for an example ... thinking maybe I am missing something ... not to give you a hard time.

Location hidden

#23 Aug 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
L1: How she hurt you? YOu were an ADULT when this started. If anyone has a right to complain about being abandoned by m,ommy, it's your younger siblings who were still young and in school. Your mom got tired of being a parent and wanted to live her own life. Sorry for your younger siblings, that meant they were out and boyfriend was in. But you really need to suck it up and stop acting like you were 12 when your mom went nuts.
I think you are being a bit presumptuous to assume she has no basis to be hurt.

"I learned she used to tell her then-husband she was visiting me when she was carrying on her affair."

"After that, I learned about additional lies she had told me throughout my childhood."

Not only that, just knowing the mother abandoned the LW's siblings (including when at least one of them was in elementary school to boot) probably had some affect on the LW. Some folks care deeply about their siblings, especially their younger ones, and would not view a parent abandoning them very favorably, such that they should just suck it up ... on top of all the other shyte she pulled.

Her mother sounds pretty f'd up and toxic to me.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#24 Aug 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have something to do with your mother, however, from the sounds of it. So it's not the same situation as the example I'm asking you, i.e. as in the letter where the LW doesn't want anything to do with their mother.
I honestly can't think of a situation where someone would choose not to have something to do with someone, but would respect them as a person. That's why I asked you for an example ... thinking maybe I am missing something ... not to give you a hard time.
Why? What specifically isn't the same or comparable?

Location hidden

#25 Aug 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? What specifically isn't the same or comparable?
Because she isn't so toxic that you want her out of your life and nothing to do with her. I simply can't think of an example where someone would feel that way towards another and still have respect for them.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#26 Aug 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she isn't so toxic that you want her out of your life and nothing to do with her. I simply can't think of an example where someone would feel that way towards another and still have respect for them.
Better one would another relative of mine. She's extremely toxic. She's come through a lot of things in her life, however. I believe she's a good person when she's sober. I have respect for as a person, a human being and that she has done many good things in her life. But I don't have her in my life. I would not spend time with her nor seek her out.
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

#27 Aug 5, 2013
LW1: What everyone else said.

LW2: I'd seriously reconsider marrying him. If all he truly wants is a woman with big boobs, then let him go find one. You should want someone who thinks you are beautiful just the way you are.

It will be a cold day in the tropics when I let a surgeon carve into my perfectly healthy body and implant fluid filled sacs into it in the name of vanity to please some man.

Location hidden

#28 Aug 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Better one would another relative of mine. She's extremely toxic. She's come through a lot of things in her life, however. I believe she's a good person when she's sober. I have respect for as a person, a human being and that she has done many good things in her life. But I don't have her in my life. I would not spend time with her nor seek her out.
Thatís not respect. The term respect means the condition of being esteemed or honored. The term esteem means to regard highly or favorably.

I don't see how you could regard a person favorably if you don't wish to spend time with them.

Also, everyone is a person, a human being, who has done good things in their life. You confuse the notion of respect with the belief that no person is all bad. I might not respect a person, but I donít confuse that with the belief that they have never done anything good in their life, arenít a person, or arenít a human being.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#29 Aug 5, 2013
1: Seriously, grow up and act like you have a backbone.

2: I'd get SalukiWife a boob job, but honestly, I like her the way she s.

3: Oh whatever....WMYOB is on the air.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#30 Aug 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís not respect. The term respect means the condition of being esteemed or honored. The term esteem means to regard highly or favorably.
I don't see how you could regard a person favorably if you don't wish to spend time with them.
Also, everyone is a person, a human being, who has done good things in their life. You confuse the notion of respect with the belief that no person is all bad. I might not respect a person, but I donít confuse that with the belief that they have never done anything good in their life, arenít a person, or arenít a human being.
No disrespect meant, but I really am not interested in what you think how I feel about someone and I have no interest in arguing this with you further.

If you feel I'm confused that's okay.

Location hidden

#31 Aug 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect meant, but I really am not interested in what you think how I feel about someone and I have no interest in arguing this with you further.
If you feel I'm confused that's okay.
No disrespect meant, but typical Toj.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#32 Aug 5, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
It will be a cold day in the tropics when I let a surgeon carve into my perfectly healthy body and implant fluid filled sacs into it in the name of vanity to please some man.
THIS!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#33 Aug 5, 2013
squishymama wrote:
LW2: I wonder if it was said more as a joke and the friend recounted the story badly or is trying to put the BF in a bad light.
Why don't you try talking to HIM about it instead of Abby?
This is what I was thinking too. It sounds like just the thing guys in their early 20s would joke about with their buddies.
boundary painter

San Antonio, TX

#34 Aug 5, 2013
How dare LW3 give our state a bad name. Most of our folks already mind their own business and wait
until we're asked for a helping hand.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#35 Aug 5, 2013
Easy for you to say, you already have a great rack!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#36 Aug 5, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
Most women who get boob jobs do so for their own self-confidence, and not to please "some man."
Kuuipo

Monterey, CA

#37 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Most women who get boob jobs do so for their own self-confidence, and not to please "some man."
And then there are women who are completely confident with their own natural bodies, such as the LW.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#38 Aug 5, 2013
Kuuipo wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there are women who are completely confident with their own natural bodies, such as the LW.
Good for them and the LW. Explain that to some low self-esteem A cup who's depressed and swallowing medication like candy. If a boob job will give her self confidence, good for her. You sound dismissive and insensitive to those who might feel self-conscious about their appearance.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#39 Aug 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect meant, but typical Toj.
Right, b/c I should care how you feel.
Kuuipo

Salinas, CA

#40 Aug 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for them and the LW. Explain that to some low self-esteem A cup who's depressed and swallowing medication like candy. If a boob job will give her self confidence, good for her. You sound dismissive and insensitive to those who might feel self-conscious about their appearance.
Point taken, and for women who are unusually small or uneven, etc., it might be helpful. But this is surgery, and surgery comes with risks. Not only that, but check out some of the Hollywood crowd with their goofy-looking half-grapefruit shaped boobs. Blech!
test

Park Ridge, IL

#41 Aug 5, 2013
test

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Emeem 1,100,068
Amy 8-29 16 min Kuuipo 13
VIDEO: Nuclear Putin Says Donít Mess With Russia 32 min Infowars 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min edogxxx 97,929
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min SpaceBlues 46,307
The LIE behind the LYNCH MOB 53 min Balance or article 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min LRS 177,366
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••