“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#22 Feb 14, 2014
I had forgetten the original letter. If this is at a daycare/preschool, then yeah, ticket the b!tches.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#23 Feb 14, 2014
LW1 is being unreasonable and I suspect he is just taking their "offense" of their voting "wrong" as a personal affront. Maybe they disagreed with their candidate's view on gay rights, but agreed on most issues and were genuinely opposed or fearful of the current leadership. But something tells me LW didn't get that far in the dialog. It was all about him and that was it. Sisters probably weren't in his face at all, he just viewed it that way.

I have a personal family experience similar to this and it was a sad thing to watch. The person that would be in LWs position was so otu of left field and so offensive that some of us seriously are concerned that it might be a mental health issue.

That being said, I agree with the fact that maybe LW and family just shouldn't discuss politics. Oh, and this is America. None of his business who ANYONE votes for.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#24 Feb 14, 2014
Blunt Advice wrote:
your homophobe siblings
How predictable. Slapping a label on someone because you can't understand their point of view....

There's nothing in the letter to indicate the siblings are homophobes

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#25 Feb 14, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
LW1 is being unreasonable and I suspect he is just taking their "offense" of their voting "wrong" as a personal affront. Maybe they disagreed with their candidate's view on gay rights, but agreed on most issues and were genuinely opposed or fearful of the current leadership. But something tells me LW didn't get that far in the dialog. It was all about him and that was it. Sisters probably weren't in his face at all, he just viewed it that way.
I have a personal family experience similar to this and it was a sad thing to watch. The person that would be in LWs position was so otu of left field and so offensive that some of us seriously are concerned that it might be a mental health issue.
That being said, I agree with the fact that maybe LW and family just shouldn't discuss politics. Oh, and this is America. None of his business who ANYONE votes for.
Well said

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#26 Feb 14, 2014
No, the video store was in a strip mall, and the spot just happened to be in front of the store. The person could have been going to the grocery store to the right, or dunky doughnuts to the left. It was just chance the spot was there.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And, just being devil's advocate here, in your scenario, wouldn't the person needing the handicapped space see that the person was just dropping off the video in the bin and wait for the space?
Not that I do this; I need the excersize.
Kuuipo

Marina, CA

#27 Feb 14, 2014
LW1: Team Stina2. LW needs to dial it back a few notches and practice acceptance as much as he preaches it. He should call his sisters and apologize for demanding that they vote for his preferred candidate/party. He should invite his sisters and their husbands to his wedding and let them decide whether or not to come.

LW2: You have your priorities straight and is appears as though you have attended and paid for all of the previous events. You've done way more than your fair share. Do not let anyone guilt you into paying for another trip.

LW3: A few posters suggested this solution. It's perfect. I hope original LW does this.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#30 Feb 14, 2014
1: Me, me, ME! He is using emotional appeals (how could they support someone denying me my rights, whaa) and I detest that type of propaganda.
LW isn't realizing they could have differing political/religious opinions than him and STILL love him fiercely as a brother. He seems like a drama queen.

2: This convo is 49 years too late. Your wife needs a pair. You've paid for their family for things for 2 decades? Unreal.
Blunt Advice

Summit, NJ

#31 Feb 14, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How predictable. Slapping a label on someone because you can't understand their point of view....
Lw describes sibling in laws not gay friendly and siblings echoing views of husbands. Granted we are not hearing his familys side of it, it seems they are unsupportive of him and his sexuality enough so that they are estranged.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#32 Feb 14, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate how if you disagree you're suddenly labeled as afraid of it.
Such an emotionally-charged incendiary word that is overused. So gross.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#33 Feb 14, 2014
Blunt Advice wrote:
it seems they are unsupportive of him and his sexuality enough so that they are estranged.
That's how it seems to YOU. See chunzy's post above
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#34 Feb 15, 2014
It's the -phobic suffix that bugs.
If you want to come up with a term to describe people who disagree with that lifestyle, fine....but it's certainly not out of fear.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#35 Feb 15, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
It's the -phobic suffix that bugs.
If you want to come up with a term to describe people who disagree with that lifestyle, fine....but it's certainly not out of fear.
You're right, you aren't afraid, but you don't like being called what you are, hateful ignorant bigots, any more than you like homophobic.
So, pick which one you dislike less, but the latter is much more fitting.
Hateful bigots are what you are. It isn't a lifestyle, and calling it that is what makes the "ignorant" part so spot on.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#36 Feb 15, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, you aren't afraid, but you don't like being called what you are, hateful ignorant bigots, any more than you like homophobic.
Hateful bigots are what you are. It isn't a lifestyle, and calling it that is what makes the "ignorant" part so spot on.
Someday, maybe we all will be as enlightened as you. Until then... SCREW OFF!

“Where is Tonka?”

#37 Feb 15, 2014
Sorry, but the statement of it being a lifestyle is totally inaccurate. Lots of gays do indeed enjoy acting gay (I know this from my neighblrs), but being gay is the same as being straight, and acting gay is the same as acting like a hound dog.
I think there was just an amby letter about telling a gay person try being straight, and asking a straight person to try being gay. It really gets to the heart of the matter. I could never try to be gay, and it is biased to ask a gay person to try to be straight.

I am surrounded by gay neighbors who enjoy acting like girls at a HS dance, and I have other gay neighbors who are Jar Heads and would crunch me under their boots.

Its not about enlightenment, its about respect.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Someday, maybe we all will be as enlightened as you. Until then... SCREW OFF!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#38 Feb 16, 2014
RACE wrote:
Its not about enlightenment, its about respect.
Maybe Moon ought to try it sometime. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to practicing my straight lifestyle choice.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#39 Feb 17, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, you aren't afraid, but you don't like being called what you are, hateful ignorant bigots, any more than you like homophobic.
You sound very rude.
One of my close friends is gay. He knows how I feel about his lifestyle but it doesn't affect our friendship. I do things he dislikes.

I find it amusing that tolerance is vomited from certain people who only seem to allow it one way. Your hypocrisy is just gross.

“Where is Tonka?”

#40 Feb 17, 2014
Her point was that Gay is not a "Lifestyle" anymore that Straight is.
You did not choose to be straight did you? Its just what pops your cork. Why should it be different for a gay person? Why do they "Choose" their sexuality, but you are born with it?

Being gay is not a choice like picking out a sofa, and when you call it a lifestyle, it's belittling.
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound very rude.
One of my close friends is gay. He knows how I feel about his lifestyle but it doesn't affect our friendship. I do things he dislikes.
I find it amusing that tolerance is vomited from certain people who only seem to allow it one way. Your hypocrisy is just gross.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#41 Feb 17, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound very rude.
It is not a lifestyle, and if you're too ignorant to comprehend that, your being offended by my "rudeness" is the least of your problems. Ignorant, bigoted, fools. Both of you.
Yeah, you have A friend who is gay. So you're SO informed because you have A friend who says he is gay, but doesn't mind that you view him as "less than" and a second class citizen.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#42 Feb 18, 2014
NWmoon wrote:
Ignorant, bigoted, fools. Both of you.
This must be that "tolerance" thing you're always spouting about....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#43 Feb 19, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be that "tolerance" thing you're always spouting about....
Touched a nerve, I did...lol...hey, I've been called worse by better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Rogue Scholar 05 237,589
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,496,813
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min RACE 104,995
News 4 dead, 25 wounded in weekend shootings 43 min lol 3
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Moon Rhythm 6,894
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Moon Rhythm 10,345
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Julia 63,292

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages