Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding

Full story: The Morning Call

More than 30 million Americans who receive food stamps will see their benefits increase thanks to the federal stimulus act, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Friday.
Comments
4,401 - 4,420 of 4,420 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013
First Prev
of 221
Next Last
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

#4707 Dec 12, 2010
Brian wrote:
I work part time at a retail store, as a cashier after work, I seen more white people paying their food with food stamps.
Color is not the issue food stamps are,why should I work 1.5 jobs many people colecting don,t work at all. Just work Do Something.The working people tax dollars are not the fooh pantry
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

#4709 Dec 12, 2010
Fat Chance wrote:
<quoted text> Never happen. Lots of these people are either sick, mentally disturbed, drunks, druggies, or otherwise unemployable. The only thing they are good at is popping out kids like crazy, so their income levels can just keep on increasing.
Don,t want to intrude on their civil liberties
so vasectomys tubals birth control are out of the quuestion,Send them all to the While House and the Capitols of each state Senate Congress to their home address and let them camp out. Someone should hand out fliers on how to get to the promised land of the Politicians
Randy

Jenks, OK

#4710 Dec 12, 2010
ssi didnt get a raise because they say food didnt go up . so why did the food stamps get a raise
Food Stamps

Modesto, CA

#4712 Jan 2, 2011
Brian wrote:
I work part time at a retail store, as a cashier after work, I seen more white people paying their food with food stamps.
People of all colors are using Food Stamps today! Doesn't anyone on here realize that the economy is bad and people are hurting for money? If anything, the Food Stamp program really needs to be expanded now.
Drover

Oak Lawn, IL

#4713 Jan 3, 2011
everyone on foodstamps should get fifth swat with a belt on their bare butt then they get their foodstamps.

Since: Nov 09

Milwaukee, WI

#4714 Feb 6, 2011
I'm gonna say it even though it goes against my grain.To all the non-compassionate people who are so scared that they don't even post a photo,GOD bless you and I mean it.I am and will pray for you......Why don't you open your big mouth about the BILLIONS of dollars that are wasted in all government programs...The rich got their tax deductions they need so they can create more jobs. They had that same tax break for years .WHERE ARE THE JOBS....God bless US ALL. Peace and love.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4715 Feb 7, 2011
Rev Warren Barczynski wrote:
I'm gonna say it even though it goes against my grain.To all the non-compassionate people who are so scared that they don't even post a photo,GOD bless you and I mean it.I am and will pray for you......Why don't you open your big mouth about the BILLIONS of dollars that are wasted in all government programs...The rich got their tax deductions they need so they can create more jobs. They had that same tax break for years .WHERE ARE THE JOBS....God bless US ALL. Peace and love.
1. heres my pic.
2. this isnt about big business, at least they work.
3. if it was about big business i would say that it is wholely unfair that the weatlhiest few get the biggest tax breaks.
4. i would also mention that Income Tax was supposed to be reppealed ages ago after the Civil War, but the gov. decided it was a cash cow and alot easier to take the money from the people than to be sound at spending what money they had. funny didnt we Leave England because of just this very thing?
smiley

Tamaqua, PA

#4716 Feb 7, 2011
Fine feed the so called poor! However limit it to one child!

If they happen upon bad luck as a family of 4 thats ok too as a temporary aid.

But the young ones who pop out babies irresponsibly so they can use the kids as a way to make money...well enact limits...1 child to qaulify for food stamps.PERIOD!

If u arent working because u are lazy..then u suffer. Not those who are working!
Want U 2 Pay

Orange City, FL

#4717 Feb 7, 2011
Once again, I wanna thank all you hard workin taxpayers for financing my Super Bowl party.

Those stamps really helped my put out a real top notch spread, everything from nachos to crab cakes to lobster. The best part about is the Food Stamp Program doesn't care what kind of food ya buy. You can not work and still eat lobster!

I just love this country!
Telmark

Redding, CA

#4718 Feb 7, 2011
Rev Warren Barczynski wrote:
The rich got their tax deductions they need so they can create more jobs.They had that same tax break for years .WHERE ARE THE JOBS....
Why aren't the tax free religious entities creating more jobs? They've enjoyed the benefits of a tax free existence since this Country was founded. Where are the jobs?
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#4719 Feb 7, 2011
Dump the food stamp program and go back to the USDA commodity program where you you went down in person and got flour,corn meal,oil,canned meat,butter, rice,sugar,peanut butter and basics to sustain your family. If you got caught swapping your rations for cigs and beer,you lost your freebies. At the same time,the recipient could be screened for drug use. The taxpayers are tired of able bodied freeloaders sitting on their duff eating well and not working. You can vent your fustrations all day long on this forum but it's not doing any good. Vent your feelings to your elected officials in Washington in a "from the heart" personal letter. You pay these people to work for you,let them know how you feel. Peace!
linda

United States

#4720 Nov 5, 2012
Thanks good things are hard for people food is getting more exspensive the rents are going up and its getting harder to keep a roof over your head and bills paid and food on the table especially for those on a fixed incomes

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#4721 Nov 5, 2012
Want U 2 Pay wrote:
Once again, I wanna thank all you hard workin taxpayers for financing my Super Bowl party.
Those stamps really helped my put out a real top notch spread, everything from nachos to crab cakes to lobster. The best part about is the Food Stamp Program doesn't care what kind of food ya buy. You can not work and still eat lobster!
I just love this country!
Liar. The funny thing is you can't even make up good lies.

Since: Oct 12

El Monte, CA

#4722 Nov 18, 2012
Just because you receive food stamps doesn't mean you have to have one shoe on w/ a shopping cart filled w/ your bed stupid,grow up...
Want U To Pay

Orange City, FL

#4723 Nov 21, 2012
It's a good thing the retailers are makin their employees work on Thanksgivin night. That means mo money in the government coffers which means more food stamps for me!

I need more stamps to put on my traditional holiday spread. Since prices have gone up, you workin Americans need to put in mo hours to support me. Plus my government sponsered cell phone is alomost outta minutes and my Section 8 monthly housing rent is due.

I keep workin harder on my XBox all day long so y'all work harder so I can take the next 365 days off.

I'll save ya a turkey leg.
wiser

United States

#4724 Nov 21, 2012
The highest percentage of people on foodstamps per county are all in red states. Just like obesity, stds, traffic fatalitiies, and poverty. Thankfully iq points and education are the lowest in the nation amongst red states so they'll never learn who the real leeches of society are. And the division goes on. Half the country into 2013 the other half 1863.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#4725 Nov 21, 2012
smiley wrote:
Fine feed the so called poor! However limit it to one child!
If they happen upon bad luck as a family of 4 thats ok too as a temporary aid.
But the young ones who pop out babies irresponsibly so they can use the kids as a way to make money...well enact limits...1 child to qaulify for food stamps.PERIOD!
If u arent working because u are lazy..then u suffer. Not those who are working!
Big pompous rich men musicians, and actors, created severla large small nation preteneding to be king, creating a flop house scenerio, and when they tire of fmaily or friend, kicking them out the door, taking away all the life possessions as they would have had nothing, then saying run and shootin gtresspasser prior to it reaching land marker to public territory.

I dont want to here this crap, military state wrokers, everyone has food stamps, homes bought, cars bought, reimbursement on damage or mielage free 401K and retiremnt and other.

Someone did not make the room to be killed or on some strangers insurence plan and then they get sick and die or in accidents as their bosses family play for the dumb aszes death for a life insurence payoff they made at the bank with the local doctor defecting your personal cares and refusing yor medications for pain and other for you to try sucide to eliminate pain from their friend barring you access to your right to medications for no pain or tolerence control.

The real issue is EACH USA CITIZEN FORM THE TIME OF THEIR BIRTH gets over $2100 a month for life, plus interest. Hosuing is substadised and you can take on a job or apply for small buisiness start up grants or loans, or funds contingent with a genetic birth defect or blood disorder or other disabilities as well.

All supposed to be mailed to yoru home. Nobody wanted yo to have it so allocated it to places like concert for all, neighborhood associations, and you have a wish list to fill out, they buy it with yor money and if you go to the center you can use it too.

Just go to Washington and order form Secertary a overall life suit audit and federal accoutnabilty review, 2 weeks of medical dr appoints, 2 small review hearing of 10-20 minutes and the last is 30 minutes, all your money audited from most all nations and lands given to you in a sizable sum, with deductions form your crime you leave a welathy person beyond belief and revenue is all your emaisl and phone calls and statements and records SOMEONE stole for their own persoanl gain, they go to prison and you go in a gag restraint colony for 2 years.

And for further informaiton go to a nursing home that does everyone food trays, that IS the legal food consumption for a adult on a daily basis, they drop weight so fast in first 2 months, 100 plus pounds for most all. Then they indicate demensia or alzhiemers, NO it is not, mild tranq or 5 mg valium will suffice, mucus membranes from weight loss will have you tearing at your face thinking bugs or spiders under the skin, calm down grannies, AND it is NORMAL BRAIN FUNCTION to down load your life process form 20-0 and then restablise again, a good loveling family that is honest so you can care for that 3 month weird period to restabalise is warrented MALPRACTICE all over the board, but convelesent will try to kill you to remove one of these cases THEY EXEMPTED FAMILY POLICIES and took out a huge settlement for their own policy once the person got checked in.

Meaning to prematurely put anyone in hospital psych ward or prison is not to your benenfit when the institutions can prove you spent no time with person they did so you go to prison for attmepting a fraudulant settlement policy on your family memebers life NOW>
revwarren

Milwaukee, WI

#4726 Jun 8, 2013
There are millions who would go without food if not for food stamps,come on.Children,women and men.
revwarren

Milwaukee, WI

#4727 Jun 8, 2013
Come on.There are thousands of kids,women and men who would not eat if not for food stamps for 2 days a week.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4728 Jun 9, 2013
I don't mind people who need it but I have to agree a lt of the women go down ad tell them they don't no who the daddy is and then again getting ready to have another child and have 5 at home I think they should make people work for some what o what they get free and show THE END OF THE YEAR WHAT THEY SPENED IT ON BECAUSE I NO THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT SELL THE FOOD STAMPS FOR DRUGS WHAT EVER IT MAY BE ITS NOT RIGHT TO PEOPLE THAT WORK AND MAKE END AND MEATS TO GET BY WEEKLY NOT MONTHY.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 221
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL 68,941
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 24 min Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 31 min minluo 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min danetoo 68,346
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••