Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding

Full story: The Morning Call

More than 30 million Americans who receive food stamps will see their benefits increase thanks to the federal stimulus act, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Friday.
Comments
4,381 - 4,400 of 4,420 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013
Bobbie

Fair Play, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Dem is so stupid.If he wants to support the baby machines,go ahead.But the tax payer's don't owe them anything,& if the Gov. wants to support them let them use their pay for welfare & congress & the rest of these politican's can chip in with their big fat pay check's.The working people are paying way to much taxes for this.Pres.can chip in to by keeping his butt in America. Have any of you ever heard " Charity begans at home." Our kid's have to do without alot of things,beacuse we'er supporting kid's we have never seen, nor had anything to do with bringing them into this world.Hey Dem, where is the father's of these babbies respondsibility at? HuH? If these low lifes can keep making babbies,they can work & take care of them.They rob the old people to give to welfare.How sorry is this? It is not up to these politican's to play God with the old peoples life.Where is their raise,HUH?
Bobbie

Fair Play, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Young people get honry & have sex!Well let me tell you Dem.Their parnets should have that burden to bare, for not teaching their kid's the facts of life.Their daughter's are'nt taught any moral's nor to respect theirselves.They don't teach their son's that if they make a baby,their lives are over, for they owe that baby support until they are 18 yrs.old.They need to step up to the plate for the choices they make.Working people are trying to support their kid's.What makes these baby makers any different form them??? Is'nt that called discrimination? Thats what I call it.
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Tom wrote:
When I went to walmart the other day there was a woman wanting to go in shoping for me and sell me my needed things for 50 cents on the dollar. HOw could she do that????????
Its your dollar
Too Little Too Late

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> You can blame the parents all you want! You can even blame the internet for allowing kids to see sexual content, or movies and TV for glorifying unwed motherhood! That will not do you or anyone else any good. This issue is about government spending, and as long as children are born who have parents who are not able to feed them, all of these government funded programs will still remain in place.
Then it's time to start sterilizing people.
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Never happen! You are never going to get politicians to allow American children starve.
Never going to get a Dem Politician to make the scumbags work so they can feed their children.You feed them and their pig parents

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Judged:

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> In reality Food Stamps pump loads of money into local economies, creating many jobs!
in reality thats a a fantasy. how does money taken from individuals to provdie for those that dont work stimulate anything? it leaves the working class with less money to spend, therefore it actually hurts said economy.

“"two wings of the same bird"”

Since: May 09

Home..... is where the ammo is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

I still think the best solution to the whole thing is to create a large warehouse in a centrally located area in the city near a bus stop where assistance recipients can go with a card identifying each person in the householdby age and sex, they would then be issued the basic nutritional needs for the household, age and sex appropriate to keep them from starving. No access cards and food stamps that they can barter to their drug dealer with and no going shopping for fillet Mignon. They would be issued the basic food staples to last them for the week and would have to return each week to get their rations. By warehousing these generic food rations in large quantities, and by making the recipients reapply for these rations monthly, I'm sure we could save millions in tax dollars monthly.

I'm also quite sure that the welfare ranks would begin to drop in number significantly after only 6 months of this practice. Mandatory drug screening would also greatly increase the number of those dropping from the ranks.
Mayor Daleys Slave

Montgomery, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Limiting where to purchase and what to purchase would be a start. Welfare is supposed to assist in difficult times not to pick up the entire bill. Having time limits for how long a person can receive support. Mandatory drug tests!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Do you realize how many people are involved in food production, distribution, and retail sales? Those Food Stamps are keeping thousands of workers employed!!
uh you do realize that if the money wasnt taking illegally from those of us who worked the money would still be used to stimulate the economy? instead of me having 50 dollars to spend i would have 100 to spend on what i want to buy not what these people are supposed to buy, therefore improving sales for smaller companies which in turn would expand their market and make more jobs. funny how that works huh?
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY wrote:
I still think the best solution to the whole thing is to create a large warehouse in a centrally located area in the city near a bus stop where assistance recipients can go with a card identifying each person in the householdby age and sex, they would then be issued the basic nutritional needs for the household, age and sex appropriate to keep them from starving. No access cards and food stamps that they can barter to their drug dealer with and no going shopping for fillet Mignon. They would be issued the basic food staples to last them for the week and would have to return each week to get their rations. By warehousing these generic food rations in large quantities, and by making the recipients reapply for these rations monthly, I'm sure we could save millions in tax dollars monthly.
I'm also quite sure that the welfare ranks would begin to drop in number significantly after only 6 months of this practice. Mandatory drug screening would also greatly increase the number of those dropping from the ranks.
That would be the right thing and its a great idea,Dems would never go for it,it should be put on the ballot election time because the taxpayers are footing the bill. They eat better than us.
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Do you realize how many people are involved in food production, distribution, and retail sales? Those Food Stamps are keeping thousands of workers employed!!
They better start looking for another job
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Judged:

The foodstamp system has to be overhauled. Fire all of the scum on the top. They have screwd the working people who pay their high salaries,and the 3rd generation welfare that will never work because everything is handed to them.It has to stop .The elected officals work for us. THE TAXPAYERS!!!!!!!!!!ENOUGH

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell is the difference with who spends it to "stimulate the economy"? It is still being spent!! Better that it be spent by some poor hungry person who needs it, rather than just another well off slob!!
uhhh actually it does make a difference who spends the money, where they spend the money and on what they spend the money on. with food stamps you are only allowed to buy certain foods ,mostly from big name companies that wont miss the money. where as if i spend all of what is rightfully my money i have the ability to spilt my money and buy different foods from different, smaller companies therefore diversifying the market and strengthening the economy. by me spending my money on these smaller i helping pay the wages of the employees who in turn put that money back into the econmy therefore said econmy becomes stronger.
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Mayor Daleys Slave wrote:
Limiting where to purchase and what to purchase would be a start. Welfare is supposed to assist in difficult times not to pick up the entire bill. Having time limits for how long a person can receive support. Mandatory drug tests!!!
You are right ,it is our money the working people that are paying the price for the useless low life that have never worked a day in there life. Mandatory drug testing is 100% right. I work in a Drs office were they treat opiate addicts, all on welfare .So the tacpayers are not only paying for their drugs annd drug screens which are always dirty and cost us 225 dollars each time,Its got to stop.They will never work and will never stop using.WTF.The taxpayers pay so they can continue there life style as losers.Its time the people we put into office stop the insanity of welfare
Inge

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

After 400 years of building riches on the back of others now the whites who like to call themselves "good people " "good Christians " crying over something which is owned to blacks and less fortunate -welfare .

Pathetic !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

Inge wrote:
After 400 years of building riches on the back of others now the whites who like to call themselves "good people " "good Christians " crying over something which is owned to blacks and less fortunate -welfare .
Pathetic !
let it go champ. not every white persons ancestors had slaves you dimwit. my family came over as Italian immigrants and Irish immigrants. its been 400 hundred years its time to move on. most minorities have been given chances to better themselves but few seldom take it. i sure dont an NAAIP giving out grants to Italians do you? i dont see any affirmitave action for people of Irish decent do you? so because life is hard they should become crooks and thugs? guess what? i grew up in the same neighborhoods as those you are defending and my friends are all hard working family people or in Military Service and going to School to acheive a better life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Oh really? For your information, Food Stamps are also accepted in smaller grocery stores and even many restaurants!
yea small ass bodegas and uhhh if they cant afford to stock their homes should they really have the luxury of eating out? also smarty pants most small corner stores sell huge brand name products. should i draw you a picture?

“"two wings of the same bird"”

Since: May 09

Home..... is where the ammo is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Let this die. That "Dem" is nothin but a trouble maker, look at his replies, nothing intelligent to add whatsoever. Here in Pennsyltucky there is legislation to mandate drug testing for welfare recipients. My State Rep told me what the bill was but I have forgotten. You need to bitch to your elected leaders if you want the system to change for us, the entitlement class is always at their door with their hand out and we all know the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. The government will try to keep the people they HEAR from happy (and their corporate handlers of course)

Call, write, or e mail your elected leaders and tell them that if WE have to submit to drug tests to work, then those who want a slice of OUR pie will also need to do it!
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Judged:

MY idea would be that a store like yours shoud only take foodstamps.The fat useless slobs woud have to work 40 hrs a week at what ever job is out there.Then they can collect food stamps.The tax payers have had enouggh
Brian

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Judged:

I work part time at a retail store, as a cashier after work, I seen more white people paying their food with food stamps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago