Food stamp recipients getting increas...

Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding

There are 4427 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 4, 2009, titled Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

More than 30 million Americans who receive food stamps will see their benefits increase thanks to the federal stimulus act, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4651 Oct 27, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Birth control is not permitted in some people's religions! This country prides itself on having religious freedoms.
now youre just grasping straws. its called abstinence. we should not have to pay for others peoples wreckless behaviors.
Dem

Pasadena, CA

#4652 Oct 28, 2010
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
now youre just grasping straws. its called abstinence. we should not have to pay for others peoples wreckless behaviors.
"Wreckless behaviors"??? LOL!! Sex is a normal part of life! Sex without birth control = children. Just wake the hell up to reality already.

Location hidden

#4653 Oct 28, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> "Wreckless behaviors"??? LOL!! Sex is a normal part of life! Sex without birth control = children. Just wake the hell up to reality already.
sure its natural but you can abstain from it especially when you know you cant/wont be able to handle the consequences. stop making excuses for people being irresponsible.
Dem

Pasadena, CA

#4654 Oct 29, 2010
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
sure its natural but you can abstain from it especially when you know you cant/wont be able to handle the consequences. stop making excuses for people being irresponsible.
Good luck getting teenagers and young people to "abstain" from having sex! Abstinence programs in schools have proven to be ineffective and a total waste of money.
rocky

United States

#4655 Oct 29, 2010
The Dems are just buying more votes right before the November election and some of you think they are being compassionate.NOT!
Skinny

Katy, TX

#4656 Oct 29, 2010
Mommy I'm hungry.

Location hidden

#4657 Oct 29, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Good luck getting teenagers and young people to "abstain" from having sex! Abstinence programs in schools have proven to be ineffective and a total waste of money.
if birth control is against their religion than so is sex before marriage. pick a road and stick to it.
Dem

Pasadena, CA

#4658 Oct 30, 2010
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
if birth control is against their religion than so is sex before marriage. pick a road and stick to it.
Abstinence is an almost impossible road for today's teenagers to "stick to". Avoiding birth control is a lot easier. People are far from perfect.

Location hidden

#4660 Nov 1, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Abstinence is an almost impossible road for today's teenagers to "stick to". Avoiding birth control is a lot easier. People are far from perfect.
how can you possibly flip flop so much? if b.c. is agianst their religion than so is pre-marital sex. why could they follow one and no the other? who is talking about teens anyway? i mean if you want to get into that than shouldnt the parents of the teens that get knocked have to pay more since its their kid that was irresponsible? oh wait of course not because more than likely the parent has 4 other kids they cant afford to pay for.
Dem

Pasadena, CA

#4662 Nov 1, 2010
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you possibly flip flop so much? if b.c. is agianst their religion than so is pre-marital sex. why could they follow one and no the other? who is talking about teens anyway? i mean if you want to get into that than shouldnt the parents of the teens that get knocked have to pay more since its their kid that was irresponsible? oh wait of course not because more than likely the parent has 4 other kids they cant afford to pay for.
Stop blaming children for being born! Believe me, they have absolutely no say in the matter. And by the way, good luck with convincing teens (or adults) to stop having sex and being responsible for all of their potential offspring. Reality just seems to totally elude you.
Miracle of Loaves Fishes

Berlin, NJ

#4663 Nov 1, 2010
Am I reading the below correctly is this company reporting 2.1 billion a quarter in revenues and that they have decided to help poor people make food choices for those who's income is liminted and based only what their budgets dictates and what they can only really afford to buy and pay for and this will help them overcome "food insecurity" and this is done so that there choices will be like milk or cheese over say other choices then milk and cheese like kool aid for their kides.... and this has what to do with what they are quoteing like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as "households where there is a lack of access to enough food to fully meet basic needs at all times due to lack of "financial resources" and defined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. You know its neat to throw around big Deparment names to impress but if I had my say these Departments should really look at how others are using their names and in what context etc. and if the poor children ages two through five are lactose intolerant do you still push what the Deptment of Agriculture says? What about the thousands of kides who are allergic to peanuts and or peanut butter? What ever happened to Mom knows best in any language?
Key developments for AmeriChoice Corporation October 31, 2010 7:15 PM ET Bloomberg Businessweek.
AmeriChoice Corporation Reports Revenue Results for the Second Quarter and Six Months Ended June 30, 2010 07/20/2010 AmeriChoice Corporation reported revenue results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2010. For the quarter, revenues were $2,460 million compared to $2,040 million a year ago. The revenue increased $420 million or 21% year-over-year, driven by strong organic growth. For the six months, revenues were $4,796 million compared to $3,951 million a year ago. Sesame Workshop and AmeriChoice Partner on National Healthy Habits Outreach Project 03/4/2010 Sesame Workshop and AmeriChoice Corporation are partnering to develop a bilingual education outreach program aimed at "helping low-income families make food choices that are affordable", nutritional and set the foundation for lifelong healthy habits. AmeriChoice will brand the partnership UnitedHealthcare, by which it is known in many markets. More than one in five children in the U.S. have insufficient access to nutritional and affordable food, the result of a challenging economy that continues to affect low-income Americans. The initiative will offer support and creative resources for families with children between the ages of 2 and 5 to cope with "food insecurity " defined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as "households where there is a lack of access to enough food to fully meet basic needs at all times due to lack of financial resources. AmeriChoice Corporation Reports Revenue Results for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2009 10/20/2009 AmeriChoice Corporation reported revenue results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2009. For the quarter, the company reported revenues of $2.1 billion grew $475 million year-over-year, a 29% organic growth rate.
senior resident

United States

#4664 Nov 1, 2010
Seniors did not get a cost of living increase for the past yr. and none for 2011..so who knows about next few year...I can't get food stamps because my husband and I make too much...taxes ,utilities and medication takes almost all our Medicare money...I don't understand this,why do some people get an increase and Medicare senior's don't..
driscoll

Schroon Lake, NY

#4665 Nov 1, 2010
Skinny wrote:
Mommy I'm hungry.
Get a Job ,If as much energy went into a job instead of the paper work to get scabfare.,my taxes my say the same just got the notice escrow is shot for next year taxes have already gone up. Working Americans want made in USA products,Why not built a factory and employe scabfare, with a daycare site . Get a JOB

Location hidden

#4666 Nov 2, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> Stop blaming children for being born! Believe me, they have absolutely no say in the matter. And by the way, good luck with convincing teens (or adults) to stop having sex and being responsible for all of their potential offspring. Reality just seems to totally elude you.
yea because its unrealistic to feel that people should be responsible for their actions and held accountable. why do you keep acting like im blaming the little ones? did i ever say the kids should go out and get jobs? i shouldnt have to convince them to be responsible it shouldve been their parents that did that. god forbid i think people shouldnt have kids they cant afford so money stops being stolen out of my pocket. it really sickens me that you are just like "oh have as many kids as you want, who cares if you cant feed or clothe them. its ok its your right to have sex and have kids that everyone else will have to pay for." what about my rights? the right to the prisuit of happiness? guess what....with all money being stolen i have to work even harder to get what i deserve while people live off of my work.
Dem

Pasadena, CA

#4667 Nov 2, 2010
juggalotus1264 wrote:
<quoted text>
yea because its unrealistic to feel that people should be responsible for their actions and held accountable. why do you keep acting like im blaming the little ones? did i ever say the kids should go out and get jobs? i shouldnt have to convince them to be responsible it shouldve been their parents that did that. god forbid i think people shouldnt have kids they cant afford so money stops being stolen out of my pocket. it really sickens me that you are just like "oh have as many kids as you want, who cares if you cant feed or clothe them. its ok its your right to have sex and have kids that everyone else will have to pay for." what about my rights? the right to the prisuit of happiness? guess what....with all money being stolen i have to work even harder to get what i deserve while people live off of my work.
"Feeling that people should be responsible" is meaningless and absurd, because most people are way more concerned about having sex than about the consequences. You are never going to stop kids from having sex, and you are never going to make them use protection every time they do it! There will always be children born out of wedlock, and born to people who are unable of unwilling to provide for them. Get out of your dream world, and start to deal with the realities of life already!

Location hidden

#4668 Nov 2, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> "Feeling that people should be responsible" is meaningless and absurd, because most people are way more concerned about having sex than about the consequences. You are never going to stop kids from having sex, and you are never going to make them use protection every time they do it! There will always be children born out of wedlock, and born to people who are unable of unwilling to provide for them. Get out of your dream world, and start to deal with the realities of life already!
absurd? really? wow. so since some people are more concerned about robbing and killing others we should live that reality?
Too Little Too Late

Deer Park, TX

#4669 Nov 2, 2010
Allow me to give some personal insight. I know a young woman (a family member by marriage) who, a few years ago gave birth to a little boy. The boy's father is a respectable guy who holds down a full time job and does in fact live with the baby's mother, although they are not married. The baby's mother also holds down a full time job at a company for whom I once worked, so I know she is well paid, and has good benefits. Both the father and mother drive cars that are less than 2 years old, and the father just purchased a new motorcycle. The couple lives in a nice 3 bedroom home purchased by the parents of the mother. They wear expensive designer clothes, baby included. They dine out several times weekly. The good part.......YOU are paying for this child's sustenance. When this baby was born the mother immediately applied for and received food stamps and welfare. If you think this example is the exception, you are wrong.
Tom

Byers, TX

#4670 Nov 26, 2010
When I went to walmart the other day there was a woman wanting to go in shoping for me and sell me my needed things for 50 cents on the dollar. HOw could she do that????????
Too Little Too Late

Deer Park, TX

#4672 Nov 26, 2010
Dem wrote:
<quoted text> The "reality", is that you can't stop young people from becoming horny and having sex, and you can't force people to use birth controls! End result... Children!!!
True. But, you can stop politicians from raising their bastard children with other people's money.
Bobbie

Boiling Springs, SC

#4673 Nov 26, 2010
Dem is so stupid.If he wants to support the baby machines,go ahead.But the tax payer's don't owe them anything,& if the Gov. wants to support them let them use their pay for welfare & congress & the rest of these politican's can chip in with their big fat pay check's.The working people are paying way to much taxes for this.Pres.can chip in to by keeping his butt in America. Have any of you ever heard " Charity begans at home." Our kid's have to do without alot of things,beacuse we'er supporting kid's we have never seen, nor had anything to do with bringing them into this world.Hey Dem, where is the father's of these babbies respondsibility at? HuH? If these low lifes can keep making babbies,they can work & take care of them.They rob the old people to give to welfare.How sorry is this? It is not up to these politican's to play God with the old peoples life.Where is their raise,HUH?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Waxman 1,710,376
Trump is A 22 min Maverick 808 485
Why does America tolerate nazis? 3 hr ThomasA 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Intrepid Surfer 11,980
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr FIDDLE FARTS 64,481
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 7 hr USA FAR FROM WORST 9
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 8 hr GOOD SHOW 21

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages