Not happy

Cicero, IL

#1 May 9, 2013
Do not let their curriculum and other stuff convince you. This school sits in a TERRIBLE neighborhood! Shootings, homicides, armed robberies, assaults, fights, you name it.

Chicago proper east of Cicero Avenue, and from Lawrence Avenue (4800 north) all the way south to Will County, is all endless ghetto, and all endless violence ridden, bad neighborhoods. No quiet "pockets" either. And in fact, north of Ogden Avenue, the ghetto extends even farther west, right to Austin Blvd. That includes Downtown Chicago, Grant Park, the Museum Campus area, the lakefront, and Navy Pier. Whatever is not gang territory within the ghetto area is Flash Mob territory. And those Flash Mobs are brutal terrorists to the community, and are in fact WAAAY far more dangerous to INNOCENT people than the Gangster Disciples! They shoot and beat up innocent people on purpose, they rob them blind, they ruthlessly attack Chicago's transit system (it is even quite possible the recent closures of Chicago's CTA subways could have been caused by Flash Mob attacks, possibly even Flash Mob sabotage). And in fact, unlike street gangs, whose members often concentrate their attacks on rival gang members, Flash Mobs concentrate their attacks exclusively on INNOCENT people! They swarm like angry hornets, and they attack like packs of vicious, hungry wolves! AK-47s, TEC-9s, Colt-45s, pistols, ski masks, baseball bats, chains, and all.
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#2 May 18, 2013
And chances are, those Flash Mobs attack students going to and from Muchin College Prep every single day. Those mobs even ruthlessly attack buses and trains, and in fact, they occasionally are known to attack taxi cabs, and sometimes even police vehicles! Flash Mobs have NO fear of big crowds of people! They don't even fear the police, either. They wear masks to conceal their identities, they dress to strike fear into everyone, they swarm like killer bees, they attack like vicious hungry wolves, and then they scatter like cockroaches and earwigs. All of that makes them tremendously dangerous; and in fact, the number 1 terror of urban neighborhoods. And that expressively includes the areas adjoining the campus of Muchin College Prep, the sidewalks and streets adjacent to the Muchin College Prep building, Muchin College Prep outdoor school property, and the rest of the Chicago Loop area.
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#3 May 18, 2013
And chances are, even at Muchin College Prep, those Flash Mobs attack students with AK-47's, TEC-9's, Molotov Cocktails, and baseball bats. Students very likely get shot and gunned down even on campus, who knows if even school security personnell may have been gunned down by those mobs (which are practically seemingly brave enough to be serial cop killers, and even possibly be dangerous enough to need the involvement of the U.S. Army National Guard; tanks, M-16s, bazookas, hand grenades, and all, to get them under control!), and then students have their book bags, pocket items, and sometimes even their clothes stolen, and the students are left for dead. Bleeding, broken, bruised, having to go to the Emergency Room, and everything. There is even a chance that Flash Mobs may even be known to rape people, including school students, too. And Chicago has in fact stopped reporting any of it's rape incidents in 2009. No rapes in Chicago were ever made public in either 2010 or 2011.
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#4 Aug 13, 2013
Additionally, Muchin College prep recommends that students stay in groups while travelling to and from school, but staying in groups offers no protection whatsoever from groups of desparate robbers with AK-47s, TEC-9s, baseball bats, and other lethal weapons, especially when those flash mobs oftentimes attack in groups of upwards of 30 individuals per group.
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#5 Aug 13, 2013
Also, those lethal flash mobs come in ALL races and colors! Black, white, hispanic, asian, mexican, Middle Easterner, you name it.
muchin student

Prospect Heights, IL

#6 Sep 21, 2013
I go to Muchin and I've never been attacked by a flash mob, but I do agree that downtown is not as safe as people think it is. There are homeless people everywhere and they get agressive sometimes. Also there are pickpockets and drug dealers on some corners. Also, to all parents reading this don't ever send your kid to this sorry excuse of a high school, they practically brainwash your kid into buying into their ridiculous rules and regulations. On top of that they treat me and other students as if we are complete toddlers and we have no common sense. They don't let you use the bathroom by yourself. They give you demerits or "warnings" for the smallest things such as untied shoes or being seconds late to class. I have been here one year and 4 weeks and I must say these have been the most stressful months of my life. Do not send your kids here if you're concerned about your kids future well being and your time, because they schedule meetings for the smallest things. I'm transferring and I can't wait!!
Observer

Saint Joseph, MI

#7 Sep 22, 2013
muchin student wrote:
I go to Muchin and I've never been attacked by a flash mob, but I do agree that downtown is not as safe as people think it is. There are homeless people everywhere and they get agressive sometimes. Also there are pickpockets and drug dealers on some corners. Also, to all parents reading this don't ever send your kid to this sorry excuse of a high school, they practically brainwash your kid into buying into their ridiculous rules and regulations. On top of that they treat me and other students as if we are complete toddlers and we have no common sense. They don't let you use the bathroom by yourself. They give you demerits or "warnings" for the smallest things such as untied shoes or being seconds late to class. I have been here one year and 4 weeks and I must say these have been the most stressful months of my life. Do not send your kids here if you're concerned about your kids future well being and your time, because they schedule meetings for the smallest things. I'm transferring and I can't wait!!
Scary. I wonder if Muchin gives penalties (demerits, detentions, saturday suspensions, etc) for hugging, too.
Muchin Student

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 23, 2014
Sorry to say, but this isn't exactly what is happening at Muchin. Yes, there are some crazy rules and regulations Muchin has, but it's for your benefit. They teach 1.5 years ahead in their classes. It's very rigorous and can be stressful but you'll get used to it. I believe the only reason why people have time adapting to the Muchin environment is because they don't socialize or get themselves into the Muchin environment. All these people that are talking bad are the non hard workers and the complainers. Muchin teaches you how to get ready for college. You constantly are getting a challenge which is helping you succeed in life. Whoever is talking bad doesn't deserve to go to Muchin. All I'm saying is that if you are thinking about coming to Muchin, be ready for 4 years of fun and hard work.
-insertnamehere-

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 15, 2014
I agree with all this! The school is very strict and stress your child so much it's crazy. They make children cry! My kids are scared to go to school. There are so many rules that's it's ridiculous. The rules are crazy, it's worse than the military! You can't shop or go downtown to eat on school days after school endless you have a parent, you can't go to the bathroom during class, you have to wear certain earring you have to dress by there rules, you can't show who you truly are. Kids at this age need to express themselves and show who they truly are, how can kids do that if they are so many rules. I would recommend that you not send your child there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,110,635
Abby 9-19 4 min Sublime1 5
Amy 9-19 8 min Sublime1 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Karma is a_______ 46,686
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 min texas pete 1,472
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 178,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min edogxxx 98,231
Amy 9-18 1 hr pde 33
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info