Kathleen Parker: Sarah Palin should quit the race

Full story: Chicago Tribune

If at one time women were considered heretical for swimming upstream against feminist orthodoxy, they now face condemnation for swimming downstream -- away from Sarah Palin .
Comments
561 - 580 of 1,434 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2008
Dr Dok

Mount Prospect, IL

#584 Sep 27, 2008
KmC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet Obama got more votes running for Senator than Palin got running for governor - not percentages - but actual votes.
I will bet you he got less total votes.
Dr Dok

Mount Prospect, IL

#585 Sep 27, 2008
KmC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet Obama got more votes running for Senator than Palin got running for governor - not percentages - but actual votes.
If you are from TN you have no idea how rotten Illinois is politically. It is so foul you cannot imagine.
Dr Dok

Mount Prospect, IL

#586 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
<quoted text>
No No that statement makes Byrd look pubic.
and truly, after all these years, have you and can you believe the goofy honest to God insane shiite Biden spews?
Kay

Austin, TX

#587 Sep 27, 2008
Father Tomasino wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's quite an intelligent comment. Clearly, you are the product of the leftist education system. This of course is the system which encourages name calling and shouting as opposed to intellectual debate. Well done.
Was that Dick Cheney who told some to "Go F*** Yourself"--right there on the House Floor? I think so. So stop with this nonsense.
Kay

Austin, TX

#588 Sep 27, 2008
Steve wrote:
Is she supposed to shuck and jive like Obama? She's the vice-presidential candidate and she doesn't have much less experience than Barack Hussein Obama.
But she's DUMB. Just admit that you don't care that she's dumb but don't deny the facts. No matter what you THINK of Obama, he clearly has a higher IQ than Sarah and so does Joe Biden and the list goes on... I'll admit that Obama's rise was meteoric if you'll accept the facts that THIS WOMAN IS OUT OF HER LEAGUE.
Kay

Austin, TX

#589 Sep 27, 2008
mjb36 wrote:
Sarah, No, I'm NOT an idiot and in what way do you think I am. With her qualifications listed in my post, it's apparent that she has far more experience than Obama and certainly has earned our trust if she can be entrusted with government secrets. You just are jealous that she's a down to earth, attractive woman who happens to be a Republican - none of which are you, I'm sure. The American people are waking up to the fact that your boy is quite unpatriotic and he can't handle an interview without more stuttering and stammering than Bush has ever done. Palin certainly doesn't even do THAT, lady. It's the idiots of this country who want to destroy it by voting for BO.
"Down to earth..." Why do Americans hate education? Why does everyone have to be a down to earth simpleton? Our nation is not going to survive if we keep this up. Someone is going to have to be an intellectual and I would like it to be our Nation's leaders. Hate Obama all you want, he's going to be the President and he's bringing INTELLIGENGE, as well as SEXY BACK to the White House.
Dr Dok

Mount Prospect, IL

#590 Sep 27, 2008
Kay wrote:
<quoted text>
But she's DUMB. Just admit that you don't care that she's dumb but don't deny the facts. No matter what you THINK of Obama, he clearly has a higher IQ than Sarah and so does Joe Biden and the list goes on... I'll admit that Obama's rise was meteoric if you'll accept the facts that THIS WOMAN IS OUT OF HER LEAGUE.
Listen, she is fine. You want that crooked SOB BO for pres? you are just not aware of his past.
Dr Dok

Mount Prospect, IL

#591 Sep 27, 2008
She is honest and BO is a damned crook.
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#593 Sep 27, 2008
this is interesting.

She has got the conservatives scared and the liberals are having fun.
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#594 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
Obama is nothing. He`is credential LESS!! And Biden is a frightful dimwit.
and they can both run circles around both mccain and espiecially, palin, who runs circles around herself.
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#595 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
Palin is a governor. Obama is a nothing senator from the most corrupt state in the union. Biden is a bumbling Mr. Magoo from a dinky nothing state. Give me a small break.
ask palin to give you a small break, tell her to stop the interviews unless they are 'fox friendly'
Dr Dok

Mount Prospect, IL

#596 Sep 27, 2008
LongLivJerryWest wrote:
this is interesting.
She has got the conservatives scared and the liberals are having fun.
Is your bong empty?
LadyRae

Fond Du Lac, WI

#597 Sep 27, 2008
"You women"? LOL. I have great respect for women who are capable and intelligent. She is neither. She drags her husband into state meetings, carbon copies him on state documents, has a preacher lay hands on her to protect her from witchcraft. This is not a woman I want as a role model or to represent me. Thanks but no thanks.

Sorry buddy, I'm not going to support your need for eye candy in the White House.
gilmore wrote:
<quoted text>
The venom you women have against your own kind is stunning. Your jealousy of an attractive, accomplished woman (who just may be a woman almost perfected when she achieves VPOTUS) who was recognized for her potential just galls the hell out of you doesn't it? If she looked like Hillary would you be okay with her? After all 'ol Bubba and Hillary were seen at church all the time after Bubba was raked over the coals for his Oval Office playings. Why Hillary has been known to speak in tongues when speaking in a black church.
Margaret Thatcher was considered a bulldog and she had nuclear codes...
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#598 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah he ran against a dingbat, he snuck in.
did obama run against palin?
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#600 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, she is fine. You want that crooked SOB BO for pres? you are just not aware of his past.
the first step to solving a problem is to admit that there is a problem.

she is not dumb at all, the republicans panicked and picked her before her time. She is like a fine wine that was opened too soon.

The longer you refuse to admit that she is out of her league, the dumber the republicans will look.
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#601 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
She is honest and BO is a damned crook.
i dont know if any politician is honest.

And there is that problem about her 'forgetting' that she CAMPAIGNED on the 'bridge to nowhere', before she was against it. And she seems to keep repeating that' bridge situation' that most know is just not quite the complete truth.

as for OB, my opinion is that he is less of a crook than cheney, and you've got no problems with him, right?
LongLivJerryWest

Santa Monica, CA

#602 Sep 27, 2008
Dr Dok wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your bong empty?
oh, yes,...you are frightened sick that any chance mccain had has vanished everytime you think about sarah palin.

and if you are not scared then you are stupid.
Bill

Davenport, IA

#603 Sep 27, 2008
More hysteria from the left, thinly disguised as constructive criticism. Palin is actually the most qualified candidate on either ticket with her undeniable executive experience. Enjoy the VP debate.So sorry if she doesn't fit your liberal mold. Hold onto your hats liberals, eight more (perhaps 16) years horrible republicans in the white house. God forbid your taxes go down and the country remains safe.
steve

Chicago, IL

#604 Sep 27, 2008
EMW wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps... at least he knows how to define the Bush Doctrine.
btw!!do you know Bush doctrine,if there is one??

Since: Feb 07

Greenville, SC

#605 Sep 28, 2008
Palin's a religious nut case and way out of her league. She's the cynical masterwork of Karl Rove and 10 floors below the lowest common denominator in this country. Fortunantely, everytime she opens her mouth Obama's poll numbers go up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,100,221
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 37 min pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 40 min andet1987 1,452
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 44 min andet1987 569
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,384
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,650
Amy 8-29 10 hr Kuuipo 13