TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Me...

TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, misleading adv

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Sep 2, 2015
My Tacoma 4x4 2006 (Lic -------) did not work and repaired at Toyota Huntington Beach (18881 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach , CA 92648, 888-226-3702) from 8/4/2015 to 8/8/2015. The service costs $5692 (Invoice C34556) included:

1) Timing Chain Cover leaking $2158
2) Rear differential replacement $3273
3) Other service $261

Warranty Fraud: I believe the charges were unfair because the damage resulted from Toyota Huntington Beach last year maintenance major service on differentials and included in their warranty 02/26/14. The flawed timing chain caused rubbing on timing chain cover and caused leaking also covered by Toyota routine complete inspection and maintenance. The timing chain and guides should be inspected at each valve adjustment. The inspection on routine subsequent services should inspect all fluid and adjust, discover the rattling noise, as well as other defects as in their advertisement. Differentials oil should change for every 60,000 miles and never damaged. Toyota 12 months warranty on any service is misleading statement.

Negligent Mechanic: On 02/26/14, my Tacoma was in perfect condition. Toyota Huntington Beach advised and performed a major maintenance on my truck for the costs of $904.85. This major service included differential oil change. I believe the negligence of the mechanic on 02/26/14 caused the damage because of leaking gradually on differentials or because of missing steps/wrong parts. The major and minor inspection service did not discover the dirty oil on timing chain that becomes abrasive and wears away the timing chain guides till they fail and cause rubbing on timing chain cover. I saw a small leaking fluid and heard a little noise from timing chain after the service 02/26/14. However, I did not know it is dangerous and trusted in their complete inspection and maintenance including the three subsequent inspection minor services.

False representation: Actually, Toyota advertises their minor service includes: Complete vehicle inspection, including Inspection all fluid level & adjust … and so on. It is misleading and a false representation.

The following records show their charges and their failure on subsequently minor complete inspection services:
06/25/14 $86.95
11/12/14 $86.95
03/03/15 $86.95

The inspection did not discover the differential leak and other potential damages on my Tacoma. Their minor service did not inspect all fluid and adjust, dirty oil as well as any rattling noise caused by failing timing chain guides. In fact, minor service is to change oil only, not complete inspection as they advertise

I have followed Toyota Huntington Beach advices for maintenance service since 2009 until now, and have never missed any schedule. My Tacoma had been in perfect condition under Toyota maintenance service warranty for vehicle's safety and dependability, including inspection to make sure that it is not a danger to the drivers, and maintenance the car to make it safe for use. Yet, the major and minor maintenance service at Toyota Huntington Beach has failed several times since 02/26/2014.

I contacted Toyota Huntington Beach as well as Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. at Torrance on 8/8/2015. They promised to answer by the end of the business day August 17, 2015. However, they did not keep their promise. There is no explanation about the damage and warranty.
Please investigate to protect other senior citizens from this unfair and unethical practice. Toyota Huntington Beach should recall and inspect all the work performed by the same negligent technician on other customers’ cars. Toyota Company around US should perform their complete inspection as their advertisement. I would like Toyota Huntington Beach to refund the unfair charge of $5431 (=2158+3273).

http://www.abpros.us/toyota/

Location hidden

#2 Sep 2, 2015
I talked to State Representative: "Most of old people and woman know nothing about auto mechanic. They reply on dealer's advice and inspection services for their car durable and safety. What if the change oil is dried out within 1 week, the new part burned out within 1 year , wrong parts .... due to negligent mechanic ? Is it ok?.... Friendly service and bad quality are different stories .... "
http://www.abpros.us/toyota/

Location hidden

#3 Sep 26, 2015
Updated
9/28/2015

I received a letter of Toyota Huntington Beach attorney (dated 09/24/2015) about my complaint submitted to General Attorney (8/18/2015) and Bureau of Automotive Repair (8/18/2015).
The letter said “… If Mr. Tran had brought the vehicle into the dealership immediately upon noticing, the oil under the vehicle, Toyota of Huntington Beach may have give a diagnosis."
It is a misleading and false statement. The Toyota Attorney intentionally ignored the facts that:
1) I brought back my vehicle on the following three complete inspection services after a major service on 02/26/14:
06/25/14 $86.95
11/12/14 $86.95
03/03/15 $86.95
And the big problem happened on 8/4/2015. I am not sure the cause happened on 02/26/14, or 06/25/14 - 03/03/15.
2) It is the facts that most of seniors and woman know nothing about automotive mechanic. They just rely and follow Toyota dealer's advice/schedule to maintain their car in good condition and safety to drive required by Law. They have to pay very high maintenance cost for Toyota dealer. They also rely on the signal error/service light designed on Toyota Car.
It is the true facts that I had never missed any schedule; and I had always followed Toyota Huntington Beach advice back to the year 2009. My records indicated I spent an average $1000 for major service every year at Toyota Huntington Beach plus additional $300 for 3 time minor service/year for their promise/guarantee on complete inspection. Therefore; it is misleading adv. because Toyota Huntington Beach could not discover or they ignored discover the problem. I also believe Toyota Company should designed the signal error/service light on this matter.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 26, 2015
3) Some leaking is little but it will dry out enough for a big damage to happen after 18-48 months if the inspection cannot discover. Seniors and woman just see a little liquid leaking (like/as if the water leaking after using air conditioner.) They have no idea about rear differentiate leaking or any mechanic problem. They rely totally on Toyota adv.: "Complete vehicle inspection, including Inspection all fluid level & adjust... " If seniors and woman hear a noise they may think it is because their car is over 100,000 miles and do not understand/question why other cars 300,000 miles does not have such same noise if the Toyota dealer/expert do not inspect and advise them.
4) Based on Attorney argument about the timing cover: "The leak was from the FIPG sealant between the metal cover and the engine ... Not a worn guide or chain issue ...”
I admit the fact that I am not an automotive mechanic and I can guess the automotive problem wrong. That is why I need/rely on complete inspection. The issue now is that why there is such a leak? What is the cause? Why did the complete inspection service not recommend customers to fix for prevention of the high cost of $2158? All of Toyota Tacoma will have the same such leaking for every 166,000 miles and pay $2158? Should Toyota have the duty to advice their customers to prevent such potential leak on every 166,000 miles on automotive manual as well as on schedule maintenance? I do not think it is right for Toyota to expect Senior/woman customers to have the knowledge of automotive mechanic.
5) My questions are also the same for Toyota Attorney's argument on the rear differential: ".. lack of lubrication from a severe leak, or from age and mileage. This is a mechanical piece of equipment that ultimately wears out over time."
Should all Toyota Tacoma have the same damaged after 166,000 miles? If so, then should Toyota have duty to advice customers to replace ("... A mechanical piece of equipment that ultimately wears out over time ... ") during Toyota complete inspection to prevent the explosion of rear differentiate or the high cost of $3273? Why did Toyota not advise me on the major service of 02/26/14 instead of just doing “a drain and refill”? Why did Toyota not advise me on the three consequent complete inspection services (06/25/1, 11/12/14, and 03/03/15) about this matter?
I believe it is really Toyota service Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, and False representation that State and FBI should have action to protect other citizens (specifically senior and woman) from this unfair and unethical practice.
Respectfully,
toyota huntington beach

Garden Grove, CA

#5 Sep 29, 2015
We can interpret the Toyota Huntington Beach attorney like this:

"Any car have high mileage such as 166,00-400,000 if doing replace/renew/rebuild any part, that part should not be covered by warranty. For example, if you change for new Michelin tires, and they are blowed out after 5 weeks; it is not warranty covered. If you change oil and the oil dried out after two weeks, it is not warranty cover. If you renew/rebuild rear differentiate for $3273 and the rear differentiate burned out/explosion after 6 months; it is not covered by warranty. It is because your car have high mileage.

Should service man refuse the service/maintenance that they see the service/maintenance cannot help/not useful?

Location hidden

#9 Oct 30, 2015
For the third issue, I admit that I am not a lawyer and do not know that the term Fraud needs the intention of mind. I should use other words such as unfair and unethical practice or scam in this case. Still, Toyota misleading advertisement or scam is true and unfair because it makes people believe and rely on Toyota's message that their car is safe and in perfect condition if they pay $89 for Toyota complete inspection every three months/5000 miles. The misleading advertisement is not only created by Toyota Huntington Beach but also by thousand Toyota dealers around US that affect millions of consumers. Moreover, to think correctly our argument should avoid the Fallacy of Personal Attack (Ad Hominem Abusive) "The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. No matter how repugnant, wrong grammar, blind, dumb, deaf, pathological liar ... an individual might be, he or she can still make true claims.… It is best to focus one's attention on the content of the claim and not on who made the claim”

For the last issue, I do not know how BAR did the investigation after September 2015 on the wrong thing happened in 2014 that was fixed/corrected in August 2015. Does Toyota Huntington Beach still keep the damage parts and explain to BAR the cause? How to avoid such damage? In my second letter dated 9/28/2015, I answered the Toyota Attorney's letter sending to General Attorney Office dated 09/24/2015. The Toyota Attorney letter raised other issues for Toyota Huntington Beach wrong doing.

The safety of car is the most important thing because it relates to dead or alive of many people. A poorly work by BAR may miss the mechanical negligence, fraud, misleading advertisement and cost other citizen lives. The bigger the automotive repair business the more strict regulation and enforcement of responsibility should be applied.

Mechanical failures are a factor in 12% to 13% of all auto accidents http://www.aa1car.com/library/auto_accident.h...

State and FBI should review the work of BAR and Toyota Huntington Beach to protect other citizen lives.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 16, 2016
If your car has problem and you believe Toyota Hungtinton Beach Negligence. Take your car to Pep Boy,or other Auto Repair Shop, or another Toyota dealer to inspect and fix the problem. Then file complaint to General Attorney, Bureau of Automotive Repair, and FBI. The government already have complaints about this dealer. They will work if more complaints and report from other Auto Repair Shop. Also at the end, you can go small court with such report.
I lost this case of $5692.79 due to taking it back to the same Toyota Huntington Beach instead of other Auto Repair for evidence.

Nếu xe của quí vị có vấn đề sau khi sửa chữa tại Toyota Huntington Beach, hăy đem xe đi sửa ở chổ khác, Pep Boys ... hay bất cư Toyota dealer nào miễn là không phải nơi đă làm hư xe của qui vị .... yêu cầu nơi sửa chữa cung cấp một bản ghi nhận lư do của sự hư hỏng .. sau đó gửi thư khiếu nại và cảnh báo tới Bộ trưởng tư pháp tiểu bang (General Attorney), FBI, và càng nhiều chổ càng tốt .. Chính phủ sẽ điều tra nếu có đơn tố cáo khiếu nại và nếu có giấy ghi nhận sự bất cẩn của Toyota Huntington Beach ... Sau cùng qui vị có thể thưa ra ṭa small court ... Tôi bị thua kiện mất $5692.79 chỉ v́ đă đem xe bị hư trở lại cho Toyota Hungtin Beach sửa chưa thay v́ đem đến Pep Boys hay Toyota of Garden Grove .... không có giấy ghi nhận từ nơi khác .. Ṭa sẽ không thể quyết định đúng sai...
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#12 Mar 16, 2016
lichtran wrote:
If your car has problem and you believe Toyota Hungtinton Beach Negligence. Take your car to Pep Boy,or other Auto Repair Shop, or another Toyota dealer to inspect and fix the problem. Then file complaint to General Attorney, Bureau of Automotive Repair, and FBI. The government already have complaints about this dealer. They will work if more complaints and report from other Auto Repair Shop. Also at the end, you can go small court with such report.
I lost this case of $5692.79 due to taking it back to the same Toyota Huntington Beach instead of other Auto Repair for evidence.
Nếu xe của quí vị có vấn đề sau khi sửa chữa tại Toyota Huntington Beach, hăy đem xe đi sửa ở chổ khác, Pep Boys ... hay bất cư Toyota dealer nào miễn là không phải nơi đă làm hư xe của qui vị .... yêu cầu nơi sửa chữa cung cấp một bản ghi nhận lư do của sự hư hỏng .. sau đó gửi thư khiếu nại và cảnh báo tới Bộ trưởng tư pháp tiểu bang (General Attorney), FBI, và càng nhiều chổ càng tốt .. Chính phủ sẽ điều tra nếu có đơn tố cáo khiếu nại và nếu có giấy ghi nhận sự bất cẩn của Toyota Huntington Beach ... Sau cùng qui vị có thể thưa ra ṭa small court ... Tôi bị thua kiện mất $5692.79 chỉ v́ đă đem xe bị hư trở lại cho Toyota Hungtin Beach sửa chưa thay v́ đem đến Pep Boys hay Toyota of Garden Grove .... không có giấy ghi nhận từ nơi khác .. Ṭa sẽ không thể quyết định đúng sai...
Sorry that dealer screwed you. Your situation shows that inspected nothing in your three trips after your major repair. And rvrn in communist California a timing chain case cover with chain snd guides shouldn't have been thst expensive.

Do my own fluid changes , always use Amsoil products with 10 percent substituted with lucas oil product and motorkote .

I have toyota engines with over a million miles and still original. I put a 22R engine on a pump , it runs 24hrs per day every day except for oil fluid check. It had 600,000 miles on it when installed and it is still going in this new application for two years. It would hsve still been in a truck if not for truck frame. Toyota makes good engines crap frames
lich tran

Garden Grove, CA

#13 Oct 22, 2017
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>

Sorry that dealer screwed you. Your situation shows that inspected nothing in your three trips after your major repair. And rvrn in communist California a timing chain case cover with chain snd guides shouldn't have been thst expensive.

Do my own fluid changes , always use Amsoil products with 10 percent substituted with lucas oil product and motorkote .

I have toyota engines with over a million miles and still original. I put a 22R engine on a pump , it runs 24hrs per day every day except for oil fluid check. It had 600,000 miles on it when installed and it is still going in this new application for two years. It would hsve still been in a truck if not for truck frame. Toyota makes good engines crap frames
----------
It is your car has a good service.... What if the new hire technician who is negligence ????
You must learn about false and misleading adv ... What is guarantee 2 years ??? learn this at: tranlich.com/toyota

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,814,578
News Chicago protesters: We'll shut down rush hour t... 14 min spud 19
Chicago is the worst of the worst. 42 min Right Down The St... 2
News Bloody Weekend: 10 Dead, 53 Wounded in Shooting... 16 hr Jeff Davis 4
Larry W. Crumb Sat nonsense 2
RHAM is not RESPONSIBLE for CHICAGO CRIME Sat Jeff Davis 17
CHICAGO is a DRUG INFESTED SHYTHOLE Sat MARK ANTHONY TR... 9

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages