Black and mad

Black and mad

There are 11021 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Black and mad. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

I'm mad. Let me qualify that - I'm black and mad. The mad I'm talking about I inherited from generations of black people before me.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

LIB MENTAL DISORDER

Fairbanks, AK

#12889 May 24, 2011
Proud of my Hertiage wrote:
<quoted text>
FWIW what century do you dwell? Most of whatever dynamic exists is the dogmas of our past, present,future. Obama is a weak leader, I don't care what the color of his skin is, his politics reflect a
administration that is floundering and ineffective. WHY is he intent on alienating Israel? Anti Semites, perhaps? listen the point is everyone has an agenda...do you realize that approximately 300 people make decisions for millions globally? Are u familiar with the NWO? Where do u think any of us working class fall in the pecking order? What is this master plan you allude to?
IF as you state, this is the least racist country, why are you here on BLACK AND MAD? Whether you are black/white/red what matters is the intent to continue with the animosity. Martin Luther King Sr. had a dream...this was not it! One final rhetorical question.. Socialism is not pretty, however the current administration is trying to levee that principle. So is this the sort of government that would appease your politics?
I believe that America reached it'szenith in the WWII years
Bobbie

Wellford, SC

#12890 May 26, 2011
Talking about ignorance. Thats a very good word for you Nergoe's < notice its still the N word> All those pickananny's playing basketball did was take a innocent mans money <Imus> for telling the truth.If we still had a white Pres. in the white house instead of this racist nutball you black's would'nt still be mooching off of us. It takes an idiot to think some-one else should support their bastard babbies.If you can't afford what you get,then keep your pants zipped, & marry the whore you'er making these babbies with. White's don't owe you anything. We did'nt have anything to do with your own people selling you.All you Negroe's want is a free ride. Take your sorry A.. to work.
Fetus T Bluster

Windermere, FL

#12891 May 26, 2011
Libs get goofy from lickin`foodstamps.
Leon 45 Jones

Millersville, MD

#12892 May 27, 2011
I don't want a free ride, at least not right now anyway... but thanks for the offer my brother. Asalaam alakim. Word
Libber N Onions

Emmaus, PA

#12893 May 27, 2011
LIB MENTAL DISORDER wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to understand is that the LibberROTchi Progressives in this country, backed by communist, divide and instill hate, anger and violence into minorities here.
This is the worlds LEAST racist country and yet the libs insist it is the most racist.
To keep harping on and instigating violence into the minds of minorities is job 1 for international communist and the useful idiots of the LibberRotchie progressives carry out the plan to the tee.
LibberROTchi, I like that. I'm a libber and I get tired of the same old label - libtard. RePUGlicans is kewl, doncha think?

LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

“it's just craic”

Since: Jan 09

Charlevoix, MI

#12897 Sep 15, 2012
Geno56 wrote:
<quoted text>And please, I hate slavery but please remember that one set of Africans, the people of the coast raided the interior tribes and kidnapped and seperated families and sold them to slavers!
slavbery didn't end

public schools saw to that
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

#12898 Sep 15, 2012
anger = motivation

all who are awake in amerikkka under the abuses of that racist hobama should be angry

kudos

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/758055237/happy-...

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/753897758/brewin...

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/733030853/racism...
OldSchool

Branford, FL

#12901 Oct 10, 2012
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you HAVE to know, I am 6'1", 215lbs and 12% body fat. Yeah, I work out alot. I don't eat cheesesteaks, pizza and rarely have a beer. I crave Pa softpretzels but don't ever eat em. I do have a lovely GF and a bitch of an ex wife. Insecure? Now that's where you are wrong. I am a go getter and don't give a sheeeit about anyone. I own a $500,000 a year distribution business where the mark-up is 900%. I have 4 homes, one in Ponte Vedra Beach (Jacksonville Fla) and a new 3200 SF masterpiece in suburban Portland, Or. I did NOT complete college, but have a 148 IQ. Tested and confirmed. I skipped college to start making money, ya know, crawling all over people to get to the top. I got to the top of one industry, sold the business after 20 years and am doing the same in a different even more profitable industry where I hope to sell for about $10 million in 2-3 years. I have 2 lovely children and pay more in alimony and support than you make in a year. Am I mad? Yeah, kinda, I don't mind support but alimony to a woman who is a professional herself is a bit much but oh well. At no time did I say I was an Obama support, must have been Frack. I gew up a Baltimore Colts fan and loved Bert Jones. My heart was ripped out in 84' when they moved and nowe LOVE the Ravens. I went to nearly every O's home opener from the mid 70's until I moved out here in 2000. Mhy question is, why do you care so much and why the analysis? I usued this line once, and I'll use it again. The rent is due. You've lived in my shadow long enough Cesar.
Drug dealer huh?
Lost 8 lbs in 7 days

Spring, TX

#12907 Jul 24, 2013
Time to get some of the topics with more than 5 posts on top.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#12908 Jul 25, 2013
yea me too !

I don't understand how black can kill so many other blacks.

that is racial profiling at its best.

blacks don't complain about high black on black crime rates lame schools, poor housing, no shopping in the hood. don't mumble a thing when a black baby get killed by black morons with gun on drug deals gone bad on the south side of da hood.

but they complain about one silly negro kid acting like a fool then shot dead in Florida??

read the black kids history in florida he was trouble with a capitol T.

that black baby killing should have had you marching in the streets demanding justice demanding drug dealers be shot.

but blacks got it all ass backwards again... too many years of voting democrat and taking them welfare checks got their brains all shriveled up
they can't even think straight.....

no wonder so many blacks get killed by other blacks in da city and the morons don't even see its racial profiling at its worst.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12909 Jul 25, 2013
It's not profiling. Look at the numbers.. The blacks will just be assimilated. Blacks make up only 12% of the population. They commit most of their crimes against themselves. The black woman will have to turn to Hispanic and white men to fulfill their desires. Thereby having mixed babies. Those mixed babies will have babies with other non-blacks. The population of blacks in this country will continue to decline. It's just a theory, but I am ENTITLED to my theory!
white and mad

Chicago, IL

#12910 Jul 25, 2013
Here's why:

http://youtu.be/Ebu6Yvzs4Ls

Because I hate injustice.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#12911 Jul 26, 2013
who gives a big fat rats rear end if your black and mad.

if your black your in a subculture that doesn't count or participate in real life anyway.

look around the south side of Chicago, Detroit that doesn't look like real life anywhere on the planet I have ever lived.

but those blacks keep voting for democrats and welfare so they deserve what they get which is NOTHING.
CrimeaRiver

UK

#12912 Jul 26, 2013
reality is a crutch wrote:
who gives a big fat rats rear end if your black and mad.
if your black your in a subculture that doesn't count or participate in real life anyway.
look around the south side of Chicago, Detroit that doesn't look like real life anywhere on the planet I have ever lived.
but those blacks keep voting for democrats and welfare so they deserve what they get which is NOTHING.
But Blacks are citizens of America and have the right to vote for whatever party they choose.

Otherwise you'd be living in an autocracy or worse still, a dictatorship.

Surely that isn't what you want. After all, you attack other nations (politically, economically and militarily) who shun democracy.

Me personally, I think Blacks have got it right. Your forefathers plundered their heritage to the point that many Blacks in America don't even know where in Africa their ancestors originated.

Let them live for free on the backs of hardworking Whites.

After all - America became the richest nation on the backs of Blacks.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12913 Jul 26, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
But Blacks are citizens of America and have the right to vote for whatever party they choose.
Otherwise you'd be living in an autocracy or worse still, a dictatorship.
Surely that isn't what you want. After all, you attack other nations (politically, economically and militarily) who shun democracy.
Me personally, I think Blacks have got it right. Your forefathers plundered their heritage to the point that many Blacks in America don't even know where in Africa their ancestors originated.
Let them live for free on the backs of hardworking Whites.
After all - America became the richest nation on the backs of Blacks.
You are a troll (or convincingly sarcastic)

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12914 Jul 26, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
But Blacks are citizens of America and have the right to vote for whatever party they choose.
Otherwise you'd be living in an autocracy or worse still, a dictatorship.
Surely that isn't what you want. After all, you attack other nations (politically, economically and militarily) who shun democracy.
Me personally, I think Blacks have got it right. Your forefathers plundered their heritage to the point that many Blacks in America don't even know where in Africa their ancestors originated.
Let them live for free on the backs of hardworking Whites.
After all - America became the richest nation on the backs of Blacks.
To feed the troll:
Yes they have the right to vote for whoever they want to... However the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

That is what Detroit has done. That is what blacks do. If you are in a desperate situation and IF YOU WANT OUT what should you do? Vote for the same programs and people that keep you in that desperate situation? Those people and those programs have not helped to this point. Why not try something different?

Illinois elected a crappy senator that did NOTHING for them as a senator. Illinois elected a crappy president that has done NOTHING for them. Illinois elected the same crappy president a second time. Each time expecting a different result from doing the same thing.

We can all make a difference in our lives, but, ONLY IF WE WANT TO.

The African American population in this country is empowered. There is nothing stopping them from doing what they want or need to do except themselves!
CrimeaRiver

UK

#12916 Jul 26, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
To feed the troll:
Yes they have the right to vote for whoever they want to... However the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
That is what Detroit has done. That is what blacks do. If you are in a desperate situation and IF YOU WANT OUT what should you do? Vote for the same programs and people that keep you in that desperate situation? Those people and those programs have not helped to this point. Why not try something different?
Illinois elected a crappy senator that did NOTHING for them as a senator. Illinois elected a crappy president that has done NOTHING for them. Illinois elected the same crappy president a second time. Each time expecting a different result from doing the same thing.
We can all make a difference in our lives, but, ONLY IF WE WANT TO.
The African American population in this country is empowered. There is nothing stopping them from doing what they want or need to do except themselves!
Ok - but lets get one thing straight first. As well as lazy good-for-nothing blacks. There is also a huge percentage of Whites that fall into this same category.

All Americans are empowered, be they black, white or hispanic.

But unfortunately poverty and deprivation are perpetual cycles which are hard to break. And unless you can throw a ball through a hoop, kick a ball through an H or sing your little lungs out then you are more or less destined to remain in that cycle.

Social mobility is a fallacy - only a small percentage of people move out of the social strata they are born into.

Americans hate the term socialism. But socialism would provide a free education for all and a free health service for all. That would level the playing field just enough to ensure everyone has the same chance in life.

Do you think a working class parent can raise enough cash to send their kids to univerity at a cost of $30,000+. Do you think that a university education is high on their priority list when they have to keep a roof over their head?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12917 Jul 26, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - but lets get one thing straight first. As well as lazy good-for-nothing blacks. There is also a huge percentage of Whites that fall into this same category.
All Americans are empowered, be they black, white or hispanic.
But unfortunately poverty and deprivation are perpetual cycles which are hard to break. And unless you can throw a ball through a hoop, kick a ball through an H or sing your little lungs out then you are more or less destined to remain in that cycle.
Social mobility is a fallacy - only a small percentage of people move out of the social strata they are born into.
Americans hate the term socialism. But socialism would provide a free education for all and a free health service for all. That would level the playing field just enough to ensure everyone has the same chance in life.
Do you think a working class parent can raise enough cash to send their kids to univerity at a cost of $30,000+. Do you think that a university education is high on their priority list when they have to keep a roof over their head?
I agree that all races can fall in this category.

Intentionally skipping over reasons for socialism

As far as opportunities with university goes.. Well we have a good model in my house. I encourage and empower my children to do the best they can with their education. This leads to scholarships. Sure education is expensive but if your child is motivated and understands the importance those costs can be greatly reduced. If you are a thug in HS or just dont care then sure you either wont go or it will be out of your reach. Many states and cities also have programs that benefit the children living near them.

I am working class. I work 50 hours a week in the IT support field. I have 3 children at home and I provide our necessities as well as limited luxuries. Based upon the advice I have heard from multiple financial planners I will not be going into debt for the sake of my children's education. They will need to work or incur their own debt. Luckily for us Purdue has a satellite campus nearby that offers wonderful opportunities.
CrimeaRiver

UK

#12918 Jul 26, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all races can fall in this category.
Intentionally skipping over reasons for socialism
As far as opportunities with university goes.. Well we have a good model in my house. I encourage and empower my children to do the best they can with their education. This leads to scholarships. Sure education is expensive but if your child is motivated and understands the importance those costs can be greatly reduced. If you are a thug in HS or just dont care then sure you either wont go or it will be out of your reach. Many states and cities also have programs that benefit the children living near them.
I am working class. I work 50 hours a week in the IT support field. I have 3 children at home and I provide our necessities as well as limited luxuries. Based upon the advice I have heard from multiple financial planners I will not be going into debt for the sake of my children's education. They will need to work or incur their own debt. Luckily for us Purdue has a satellite campus nearby that offers wonderful opportunities.
Unfortunately, educational success is directly linked to the quality of the local schools available. You have the odd child who may be naturally gifted, if they can avoid the pitfalls of High School life then they may go one to achieve great things and get a scholarship.

But the reality is that bad schools create bad students which creates ill adjusted adults. This then leads to what Merton called 'anomie'.

The process by which a child/adult feels they can't achieve success through accepted channels (school, hard work, sport, scholarship) and so endeavour to achieve success through unacceptable means (drug, robbery, fraud).

This is called counter-culture and is a better way to describe what you called sub-culture.

Counter culture has created more Black millionaires in America than the accepted channels (barring sports). Just look at the HipHop movement. A bunch of thugs touting weapons and glorifying crime have made millions. And in turn they can offer a chance to other young Black males that the system has not been able to.

Black counter culture in the USA has even been exported to Europe and all around the world. You may see it as destructive - but it is something that marginalised/disenfranchised black youths in America have done by and for themselves. And now even white working class disenfranchised youths can reap the benefits (just look at Eminem).

Sorry for the long post - but it isn't as easy as 'they're all lazy'.

Something needs to be done to redress the balance between the haves and have-nots. But that isn't in the Capitalist model's best interest
CrimeaRiver

UK

#12919 Jul 26, 2013
Freaky1Freaky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that all races can fall in this category.
Intentionally skipping over reasons for socialism
As far as opportunities with university goes.. Well we have a good model in my house. I encourage and empower my children to do the best they can with their education. This leads to scholarships. Sure education is expensive but if your child is motivated and understands the importance those costs can be greatly reduced. If you are a thug in HS or just dont care then sure you either wont go or it will be out of your reach. Many states and cities also have programs that benefit the children living near them.
I am working class. I work 50 hours a week in the IT support field. I have 3 children at home and I provide our necessities as well as limited luxuries. Based upon the advice I have heard from multiple financial planners I will not be going into debt for the sake of my children's education. They will need to work or incur their own debt. Luckily for us Purdue has a satellite campus nearby that offers wonderful opportunities.
By the way - I was also born into a working class family in a working class area.

My parents finally saves enough money to move into the suburbs and I was lucky enough to move from a state school to a Grammar School

My life changed - so i speak from experience.

Had i not had that opportunity, I too would've become part of the counter cutlure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Earl 1,457,707
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques in Ottawa 230,928
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sam 104,501
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,836
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 3,443
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 9,839
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 2,272

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages