Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#21 Aug 30, 2012
1. You stupid girl. You're making all of us look bad. You're wife #4? And you know he cheated on teh other 3? And you're 20 years younger? If you can't figure out this riddle, then you're too stupid to feel sorry for.

2. 16 is old enough to be left alone if she is the little angel you say she is, but this is not the right circumstance. You boy needs to defer to you on this in recognition that you are a package deal. On a side note, Abby, the mom staying away a couple nights would not tear their relationship to shreds, you melodramatic wench.

3. Old people say the darndest things. I am willing to bet that they say awkward things to other people and you think it is hilarious.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#22 Aug 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're missing the issue. I don't think its about venue, but about alone time. If the daughter is sleeping over at a friends house, I think he'd be fine with going to LW's house.
Oh. I thought it was about the LW didn't want him spending the night when the daughter was home. The daughter, being 16, that's probably a good idea. Each person is different, however. Some people don't see the big deal.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#23 Aug 30, 2012
Every time someone mentions Stacy Peterson, I think of Lacey Peterson. Then I have to stop and get the murderer and the cheater straight in my head.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24 Aug 30, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I thought it was about the LW didn't want him spending the night when the daughter was home. The daughter, being 16, that's probably a good idea. Each person is different, however. Some people don't see the big deal.
That could be the case. She didn't say that, but I could see how that would be the reason for his request.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Garden City, MI

#25 Aug 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Every time someone mentions Stacy Peterson, I think of Lacey Peterson. Then I have to stop and get the murderer and the cheater straight in my head.
Wasn't lacey Peterson the pregnant wife murdered in Modesto?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Garden City, MI

#26 Aug 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>But its not for a night. He wants this a couple times a week. That's ridiculous.
One night a week is okay, but two nights a week is ridiculous?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#27 Aug 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
One night a week is okay, but two nights a week is ridiculous?
I never said one night a week is ok. I said once in a while.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#28 Aug 30, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't lacey Peterson the pregnant wife murdered in Modesto?
Yes. Her murderer was Scott - Stacy's murderer was Drew. Drew is the one that looks like the cowardly lion from Wizard of Oz.
animaniactoo

New York, NY

#29 Aug 30, 2012
Note to self: Do not marry someone with the last name Peterson.

Since: Jun 09

Verona, WI

#30 Aug 30, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
On a side note, Abby, the mom staying away a couple nights would not tear their relationship to shreds, you melodramatic wench.
I'm not so sure. It's going to depend on the girl's personality. I think my sister who just turned 17 would have been extremely distraught if her mother left her home alone two nights a week. I think she would be scared and feel abandoned. I'm almost positive she would have complained and criticized my mom for it, at the very least.

Me? I woulda barely noticed except for the opportunity to bring the party out in the open!
Sam I Am

Palatine, IL

#31 Aug 30, 2012
cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure. It's going to depend on the girl's personality. I think my sister who just turned 17 would have been extremely distraught if her mother left her home alone two nights a week. I think she would be scared and feel abandoned. I'm almost positive she would have complained and criticized my mom for it, at the very least.
Me? I woulda barely noticed except for the opportunity to bring the party out in the open!
I was just going on the LW's description of her little angel, she made her sound like she had her stuff together. Some kids couldn't handle it.

Miami, FL

#32 Aug 30, 2012
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Her murderer was Scott - Stacy's murderer was Drew. Drew is the one that looks like the cowardly lion from Wizard of Oz.
Yeah, he DOES look like the lion!

Scott was pretty hot, if I remember correctly. If Dean Cain plays you in the TV movie, you got it goin on.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#33 Aug 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott was pretty hot, if I remember correctly. If Dean Cain plays you in the TV movie, you got it goin on.
It's something about being a murderer I can no longer discern whether an individual is cute/hot or not. Once they kill I pretty much can't see anything but ugly all over their face.

Since: Jun 09

Verona, WI

#34 Aug 30, 2012
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just going on the LW's description of her little angel, she made her sound like she had her stuff together. Some kids couldn't handle it.
Fair enough. It's also not the "right" thing to leave your 16 yo home alone 30% of the time even if they can handle it.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#35 Aug 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
If Dean Cain plays you in the TV movie, you got it goin on.
Don't be so sure about that. Matthew McConaughey played coach Jack Lengyel in We Are Marshall. I believe Lengyel said that he once won an ugly man contest(and I don't think he was kidding).

Here's a picture of him back in the day.

http://media.herald-dispatch.com/mucrash/gall...

Miami, FL

#36 Aug 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be so sure about that. Matthew McConaughey played coach Jack Lengyel in We Are Marshall. I believe Lengyel said that he once won an ugly man contest(and I don't think he was kidding).
He's not THAT bad. Matthew McConaughey wasn't believable in that role anyway.

Miami, FL

#37 Aug 30, 2012
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It's something about being a murderer I can no longer discern whether an individual is cute/hot or not. Once they kill I pretty much can't see anything but ugly all over their face.
I guess I'm like Tonka that way: I can separate the actions & personality from the looks and judge them separately.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#38 Aug 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'm like Tonka that way: I can separate the actions & personality from the looks and judge them separately.
I can appreciate that. But ick. I have a difficult time doing that. Of course, it works the other way. If someone has an awesome personality it makes them look hotter to me.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#39 Aug 30, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Scott was a looker! I don't think I saw the TV movie on that one. I did see the one about Drew Peterson, though.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#40 Aug 30, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be so sure about that. Matthew McConaughey played coach Jack Lengyel in We Are Marshall. I believe Lengyel said that he once won an ugly man contest(and I don't think he was kidding).
Rob Lowe played Drew Peterson in the movie. There is no comparison!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,384,482
Observations 42 min CrunchyBacon 45
last post wins! (Dec '10) 42 min honeymylove 2,055
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min Buster Steinbeizer 214,686
News More Than 60 People Shot in Chicago 1 hr Ihaveadream 4
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,004
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IB DaMann 59,549
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr PEllen 102,050
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages